Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,423 members, 7,819,520 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 05:30 PM

My Predecessor Spent N2.3bn On Burial In Five Months – Bauchi Gov - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / My Predecessor Spent N2.3bn On Burial In Five Months – Bauchi Gov (11541 Views)

Kano, Katsina, Sokoto, 4 Others Spend N28.3bn On Ramadan Feeding / 2022 Budget: INEC To Spend ₦1.3bn On Funerals, Xmas Bonus, Others ₦200m On Audit / Dapo Abiodun: My Predecessor’s Housing Projects Are Now Miscreants’ Den (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

My Predecessor Spent N2.3bn On Burial In Five Months – Bauchi Gov by dre11(m): 5:31am On Jun 24, 2019
Armstrong Bakam, Bauchi

The Bauchi State Governor, Bala Mohammed, has alleged that his predecessor, Mohammed Abubakar, spent N2.3bn to buy materials for burial in the state.

But Abubakar has dismissed the allegation, describing it as laughable.

The governor, who spoke through his spokesperson, Dr Ladan Salihu, in an interview with journalists in Bauchi, said the funds were spent between January and May, 2019.

He explained that over N900m was spent on the purchase of white cloth used for wrapping corpses while over N1.4bn was used to buy the wood for lacing the graves after burial.

According to him, the government discovered issues of corruption, venality, daylight robbery of the commonwealth of the people of the state.

Ladan alleged, “This money which ought to have been appropriated by the state House of Assembly before expenditure, all of a sudden emanated from our treasury books. How could you imagine that a state government, within five months, that is, between January and May, 2019, spent well over N2.3bn on funeral materials, dresses for wrapping dead bodies and the woods that you lace the graveyards with.”

Asked if the state government had any proof to substantiate its claim, he said there was no iota of doubt on the matter, saying that there was documentary evidence to prove that.

“All these are captured in the report of the transition committee and these were gathered from documents and vouchers and payments made from our treasury books. There is the Freedom of Information Law, use it and find out for yourself from those documents,” Ladan said.

The governor’s spokesman vowed that the state government would use every instrument of the law, including petitioning the Economic and Financial Crimes Commission, the Independent Corrupt Practices and other related offences Commission and other anti-corruption agencies on the matter, “until every kobo stolen is returned.”

Ladan said, “Government will take stern measures; we will recover every kobo that has been looted or stolen by the immediate past administration and, in fact, the administration before it. Where it is established that there is a clear case of misappropriation or outright stealing of public funds, it’s an obligation, you don’t allow criminality to run roughshod on the rest of us because these are public funds.”

When contacted by our correspondent for a reaction, the media aide to the former governor, Ali M. Ali, said he was not aware of such allegation.

He said, “I’ve not heard of anything like that so I will speak on it when I make my findings but this is laughable. I will get back to you on that when I have done my findings.”

He had yet to get back to our correspondent 24 hours after he was first contacted on the matter.

https://punchng.com/my-predecessor-spent-n2-3bn-on-burial-in-five-months-bauchi-gov/
Re: My Predecessor Spent N2.3bn On Burial In Five Months – Bauchi Gov by forghon: 5:32am On Jun 24, 2019
Time don reach to be using death pple as a mode of looting the state fund undecided them no dey fear sef

5 Likes

Re: My Predecessor Spent N2.3bn On Burial In Five Months – Bauchi Gov by chukwuibuipob: 5:36am On Jun 24, 2019
sad sad sad Yet dey cant empower Almajiris wit farm/trade kudi.Even Bala too fo steal hiz own !

6 Likes

Re: My Predecessor Spent N2.3bn On Burial In Five Months – Bauchi Gov by kingphilip(m): 5:51am On Jun 24, 2019
Was he burying the state economy?

37 Likes

Re: My Predecessor Spent N2.3bn On Burial In Five Months – Bauchi Gov by Flyingngel(m): 6:03am On Jun 24, 2019
You will not see Efcc acting like James Bond on this one since he is in a ''Saint'' party.

15 Likes

Re: My Predecessor Spent N2.3bn On Burial In Five Months – Bauchi Gov by helinues: 6:05am On Jun 24, 2019
2.3bn?? His personal money or Bauchi's yam?

1 Like

Re: My Predecessor Spent N2.3bn On Burial In Five Months – Bauchi Gov by Georgry(m): 6:11am On Jun 24, 2019
it seems burial business is now a lucrative business, the last time it was Kogi state!

7 Likes

Re: My Predecessor Spent N2.3bn On Burial In Five Months – Bauchi Gov by aolawale025: 6:19am On Jun 24, 2019
Governors should probe their predecessors. Looting is just too much

2 Likes

Re: My Predecessor Spent N2.3bn On Burial In Five Months – Bauchi Gov by daddytime(m): 6:29am On Jun 24, 2019
Your predecessor was an undertaker/mortuary attendant.

Now, define your own path and see it through.

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Predecessor Spent N2.3bn On Burial In Five Months – Bauchi Gov by deeway200(m): 6:29am On Jun 24, 2019
may be he also buried those who have died before. useless pple

1 Like

Re: My Predecessor Spent N2.3bn On Burial In Five Months – Bauchi Gov by Nobody: 6:31am On Jun 24, 2019
I never knew Bauchi people love dying that much

1 Like

Re: My Predecessor Spent N2.3bn On Burial In Five Months – Bauchi Gov by tenmariner: 6:31am On Jun 24, 2019
Result of always collecting federal allocation..
Re: My Predecessor Spent N2.3bn On Burial In Five Months – Bauchi Gov by Slurity(m): 6:32am On Jun 24, 2019
EFCC OVER TO YOU
Re: My Predecessor Spent N2.3bn On Burial In Five Months – Bauchi Gov by technuel: 6:32am On Jun 24, 2019
If this Oyel Money no finish the looters will not rest
Last Last na Northerners go suffer
Unfortunately their criminal minded elites are already making the future of their children bright

How can I be so gullible to support my oppressors
Tufiakwa

2 Likes

Re: My Predecessor Spent N2.3bn On Burial In Five Months – Bauchi Gov by otokx(m): 6:32am On Jun 24, 2019
aolawale025:

Will these ones not also loot? The justice system is so slow in treating corruption cases.
Re: My Predecessor Spent N2.3bn On Burial In Five Months – Bauchi Gov by RaptObserver: 6:33am On Jun 24, 2019
Islamic burial that is so cheap to carry out? What if they were Christian? Little wonder, Kogi govt ppl said, thier own 15 million for burial is small compared to other states. Now we must hear from southern states too.

1 Like

Re: My Predecessor Spent N2.3bn On Burial In Five Months – Bauchi Gov by bestman09(m): 6:40am On Jun 24, 2019
Hm
Re: My Predecessor Spent N2.3bn On Burial In Five Months – Bauchi Gov by ZombiePUNISHER: 6:41am On Jun 24, 2019
that's the next level

Spits on all those supporting this evil administration and their thieving travellers...

1 Like

Re: My Predecessor Spent N2.3bn On Burial In Five Months – Bauchi Gov by lomprico(m): 6:41am On Jun 24, 2019
chukwuibuipob:
sad sad sad Yet dey cant empower Almajiris wit farm/trade kudi.Even Bala too fo steal hiz own !

Almajiri are foot soldiers! They can only empower them with weapons.
Re: My Predecessor Spent N2.3bn On Burial In Five Months – Bauchi Gov by TheFacelessMan: 6:43am On Jun 24, 2019
cheesy

Bauchi is cursed with terrible leaders.

When Yuguda took over from Muazu, Bauchi folks spoke about how greedy Muazu was....the billions he stole...

Not knowing Yuguda was even worse. Halfway into his tenure, people were clamouring for Muazu.

He became a Saint - that was how bad Yuguda was.

By the time this Abubakar was in power, they saw he was much worse than even Yuguda.

So bad that they would rather vote Bala who is plagued with corruption trials.

2 Likes

Re: My Predecessor Spent N2.3bn On Burial In Five Months – Bauchi Gov by ZombiePUNISHER: 6:43am On Jun 24, 2019
aolawale025:

Buhari and his lap dog Efcc are doing nothing aside fighting perceived enemies...

They have now added yahoo boys to their number one priority while politicians have a field day stealing

1 Like 1 Share

Re: My Predecessor Spent N2.3bn On Burial In Five Months – Bauchi Gov by nairalee(m): 6:46am On Jun 24, 2019
Welcome to Nigeria where the living are dying of suffering, poverty and hunger while the dead are enjoying BILLIONS OF NAIRA
Re: My Predecessor Spent N2.3bn On Burial In Five Months – Bauchi Gov by Abdul9025(m): 6:49am On Jun 24, 2019
Go and work for your people stop complaining
Re: My Predecessor Spent N2.3bn On Burial In Five Months – Bauchi Gov by gistsmill04: 6:53am On Jun 24, 2019
My predecessor spent N2.3bn on burial in five months – #Bauchi gov

DETAILS>
https://nextedition.com.ng/2019/06/24/my-predecessor-spent-n2-3bn-on-burial-in-five-months-bauchi-gov/

Re: My Predecessor Spent N2.3bn On Burial In Five Months – Bauchi Gov by soliddust2020: 6:54am On Jun 24, 2019
Is it government that is supposed to bury individuals? So this guys pray for their citizenstod die in other to loot.
Re: My Predecessor Spent N2.3bn On Burial In Five Months – Bauchi Gov by slimfit1(m): 6:56am On Jun 24, 2019
Obviously, you didn't work hard for the money so you just allocate it to anything you want because it is oil money, see why we need to divide this country. The money you didn't spend on them when they are alive you are spending it behind them.

1 Like

Re: My Predecessor Spent N2.3bn On Burial In Five Months – Bauchi Gov by sammymama: 7:15am On Jun 24, 2019
Re: My Predecessor Spent N2.3bn On Burial In Five Months – Bauchi Gov by Abkreizi: 7:27am On Jun 24, 2019
I feel like we are being censored on nairaland .... all this political correctness is too much...
Freedom of speech

Stop taking down my comments
Re: My Predecessor Spent N2.3bn On Burial In Five Months – Bauchi Gov by DWJOBScom(m): 7:30am On Jun 24, 2019
Don’t worry as time goes on , more will be revealed

(1) (2) (Reply)

2023: Nigerians Have Rejected APC, Says Makinde / Katsina, Gombe Divided Over Tinubu, Osinbajo As Anyim Pledges Security, Jobs / Lagos Gives Okada Riders Fresh Ultimatum

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.