Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,783 members, 7,813,590 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 02:34 PM

What Is So Special About Mercedes-benz? - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / What Is So Special About Mercedes-benz? (4896 Views)

Enquiries About Mercedes C180 1999 / 15 Things You Didn't Know About Mercedes Benz / Amazing Facts You May Not Know About Mercedes Benz (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

What Is So Special About Mercedes-benz? by weyreypey: 7:23pm On Jun 24, 2019
There are many things that make Mercedes-Benz special and why I am affiliated with the company:

The employees truly love cars. This love is in their DNA—one could make the case that Mercedes-Benz invented cars. They live and breath cars. They feel about cars what Apple employees used to feel about Macintosh.
The Mercedes-Benz product line is broad. Cars, trucks, vans…you name it, there’s a Mercedes-Benz. Eg, in cars alone, you can go from Smart car to Maybach. If I could have all the Mercedes-Benz cars that I wanted, I would have this summer’s updated S class for weekdays, V class (van) to drive to the beach carrying kids and surfboards, and AMG GT Roadster at the beach (top down in the sun) for tearing around.
I love the AMG line of cars. This is the part of the Mercedes-Benz brand that is performance oriented. I’ve had an AMG GTS and AMG S63 Coupe. In particular what I love the “burble” of AMG cars when you let off the gas and the engine snarls. There’s even a button to set the volume of this to loud or louder.
The company is “all in” for autonomous driving. I currently drive an E class. It’s as extremely autonomous, and I have come to depend on all the safety features such as lane-changing, self-parking, collision avoidance, self-regulating speedometer. Just this weekend, the technology of the car prevented an accident for me—don’t tell Mercedes-Benz.
The company truly “gets” social media. Every brand says they get social media, but Mercedes-Benz truly does, puts the resources behind social media, and is willing to take risks.
The people that I interact with on a day-to-day basis are a pleasure to deal with. (This is not the case with every big brand I’ve encountered!) This is a humongous company, but the employees are open-minded, humble, and trustworthy. There’s no haughtiness that they could justifiably have based on the company’s success.

4 Likes

Re: What Is So Special About Mercedes-benz? by weyreypey: 7:27pm On Jun 24, 2019
grin
Re: What Is So Special About Mercedes-benz? by weyreypey: 7:35pm On Jun 24, 2019
When we think of Mercedes-Benz brand vehicles, we instantly conjure up images of the ideal automobile. But why is that? So how did this brand become so synonymous with “the best” while all the rest seem to play second fiddle? What makes a Mercedes so special?

Let me do the honors here.

1. Responsive Performance

All Mercedes-Benz sedans, coupes, SUVs, and convertibles are furnished with advanced engines – all of which are harnessed by efficient, noise-reducing 7- or 9-speed automatic transmissions. For power and handling that adapt to your driving style, every vehicle offers a variety of standard and optional performance features, such as 4MATIC® all-wheel drive, DYNAMIC SELECT®, AIRMATIC® suspension, and much, much more.

2. Distinctive Styling

While every Mercedes-Benz is truly unique, the style and charm of the brand is always recognizable. Taut contouring, dramatic air intakes, blazing headlights and taillights, side mirror-integrated turning signals, and a Star-stamped or classic multi-bar grille instantly set a Mercedes-Benz apart from the crowd.

3. Pioneering Technology

Long before the arrival of remote start, smartphone integration, etc., Mercedes-Benz incorporated technologies years ahead of its time. The same rings true for today’s Mercedes-Benz vehicles.

4. Unparalleled Safety

With so many systems working to protect you at any given time, the cabin of a Mercedes-Benz is one of the safest places to be! Multi-airbag protection, 3-point seatbelts with ETDs, Electronic Stability Program, and mbrace® with Roadside Assistance and Emergency SOS are staples are standard across most of the lineup – a scarcity even for the luxury segment.

5. Mercedes-AMG Lineup

True to its founding “One Man, One Engine” philosophy, every AMG engine is hand-crafted by a Master Engine Builder. In addition, most Mercedes-AMG models are distinguishable from their non-AMG siblings by their wider stance and twin power domes.

This, ultimately, is what makes a Mercedes so special. It’s truly the best driving experience money can buy, all things considered.

See What the Mercedes-Benz Lineup Holds!

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Is So Special About Mercedes-benz? by weyreypey: 7:35pm On Jun 24, 2019
Mercedes so special. It’s truly the best driving experience money can buy, all things considered.

2 Likes

Re: What Is So Special About Mercedes-benz? by Jmk9292(m): 8:10pm On Jun 24, 2019
Benz is good....... But certainly not the best in all ramifications...

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Is So Special About Mercedes-benz? by weyreypey: 8:21pm On Jun 24, 2019
MERCEDES BENZ INVENTED CARS AND REMAINS THE INDUSTRY'S STANDARD

Jmk9292:
Benz is good....... But certainly not the best in all ramifications...

3 Likes

Re: What Is So Special About Mercedes-benz? by weyreypey: 9:05pm On Jun 24, 2019
Did you know that Mercedes is one of the closest thing to a street-legal tank that you and I can buy. The S-class is designed and built to be driven at speeds exceeding 125 mph (200 kmph); not once, not twice but everyday over its entire life. The structural strength and rigidity is unparalleled.
Re: What Is So Special About Mercedes-benz? by weyreypey: 9:05pm On Jun 24, 2019
cheesy

Re: What Is So Special About Mercedes-benz? by Nobody: 7:09pm On Jun 29, 2019
weyreypey:
Did you know that Mercedes is one of the closest thing to a street-legal tank that you and I can buy. The S-class is designed and built to be driven at speeds exceeding 125 mph (200 kmph); not once, not twice but everyday over its entire life. The structural strength and rigidity is unparalleled.
I guess you haven't driven a BMW smiley

1 Like

Re: What Is So Special About Mercedes-benz? by weyreypey: 7:17pm On Jun 29, 2019
NeededGist:

I guess you haven't driven a BMW smiley
I have. And?
Re: What Is So Special About Mercedes-benz? by obekediamondfuto(m): 3:25pm On Jul 01, 2019
weyreypey:

I have. And?

Did u feel inferior in any way driving s BMW?
I am indifferent sha to the Mercedes - BMW challenge...

In those days people preached MB or nothing but not now..... The glory is no more there as it used to be!

1 Like

Re: What Is So Special About Mercedes-benz? by lonelydora: 1:26am On Jul 02, 2019
weyreypey:
There are many things that make Mercedes-Benz special and why I am affiliated with the company:

The employees truly love cars. This love is in their DNA—one could make the case that Mercedes-Benz invented cars. They live and breath cars. They feel about cars what Apple employees used to feel about Macintosh.
The Mercedes-Benz product line is broad. Cars, trucks, vans…you name it, there’s a Mercedes-Benz. Eg, in cars alone, you can go from Smart car to Maybach. If I could have all the Mercedes-Benz cars that I wanted, I would have this summer’s updated S class for weekdays, V class (van) to drive to the beach carrying kids and surfboards, and AMG GT Roadster at the beach (top down in the sun) for tearing around.
I love the AMG line of cars. This is the part of the Mercedes-Benz brand that is performance oriented. I’ve had an AMG GTS and AMG S63 Coupe. In particular what I love the “burble” of AMG cars when you let off the gas and the engine snarls. There’s even a button to set the volume of this to loud or louder.
The company is “all in” for autonomous driving. I currently drive an E class. It’s as extremely autonomous, and I have come to depend on all the safety features such as lane-changing, self-parking, collision avoidance, self-regulating speedometer. Just this weekend, the technology of the car prevented an accident for me—don’t tell Mercedes-Benz.
The company truly “gets” social media. Every brand says they get social media, but Mercedes-Benz truly does, puts the resources behind social media, and is willing to take risks.
The people that I interact with on a day-to-day basis are a pleasure to deal with. (This is not the case with every big brand I’ve encountered!) This is a humongous company, but the employees are open-minded, humble, and trustworthy. There’s no haughtiness that they could justifiably have based on the company’s success.

Quality, Quality, Quality
Re: What Is So Special About Mercedes-benz? by sooperrescue(m): 5:42am On Jul 02, 2019
The 4 balloons of a 2010 e550 cost 1.2m. That is what makes it special. As common as w123 was, as per repairs, everybody were still buying engines for the car. Air filters for the vboot series in majority of the vehicles were mostly found in the boot, The car was struggling to breathe. I know a lot of people who took 6 months to raise money for balloons and afterwards sell off the damn shit for their peace of mind. It is the only car that you cannot change a balloon, you must change both. And the fuel is out of the country, 85% of the Benz in Nigeria are battling with sludge and the owners are easily misled by the Mobil 1 sticker and therefore use the petrol and diesel variant instead of the gasoline only. Mercedes Benz has no business being driven in Nigeria. All these yuppie guys buying them are working for our (Mechanics) benefit. It is on top of the car we will roof our houses. The parts sellers that will sell fake ATF as Star, sells any plugs so long they are Star not minding the fact that an S class cannot use the same plugs with a B class. So what makes Benz special to the owners? The cost of owning one and maintaining it to be on the road has removed the pleasure of enjoying the thrills of driving a Benz on cruise control at 200km per hour on a beautiful highway.

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Is So Special About Mercedes-benz? by obekediamondfuto(m): 8:53am On Jul 02, 2019
sooperrescue:
The 4 balloons of a 2010 e550 cost 1.2m. That is what makes it special. As common as w123 was, as per repairs, everybody were still buying engines for the car. Air filters for the vboot series in majority of the vehicles were mostly found in the boot, The car was struggling to breathe. I know a lot of people who took 6 months to raise money for balloons and afterwards sell off the damn shit for their peace of mind. It is the only car that you cannot change a balloon, you must change both. And the fuel is out of the country, 85% of the Benz in Nigeria are battling with sludge and the owners are easily misled by the Mobil 1 sticker and therefore use the petrol and diesel variant instead of the gasoline only. Mercedes Benz has no business being driven in Nigeria. All these yuppie guys buying them are working for our (Mechanics) benefit. It is on top of the car we will roof our houses. The parts sellers that will sell fake ATF as Star, sells any plugs so long they are Star not minding the fact that an S class cannot use the same plugs with a B class. So what makes Benz special to the owners? The cost of owning one and maintaining it to be on the road has removed the pleasure of enjoying the thrills of driving a Benz on cruise control at 200km per hour on a beautiful highway.

quite intriguing!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: What Is So Special About Mercedes-benz? by Hoodbilonia: 9:18am On Jul 02, 2019
Well one thing i know abt benz
Parts are twins
Parts are always in thousands
Let air suspension cast... u go hail
Benz in naija is a sign of show off
I have arrived. Forgetting its copart.
Benz benz benz. People dey run from benz abroad
Its either toyota,lexus or honda
Jah pah
Jah pah
Jah pah go london
Jah pan
Japan ti take over

Did u hear that rap by banks.
Beema,benz or bentley

I must open a benz auto shop soon
Benz only
Re: What Is So Special About Mercedes-benz? by sooperrescue(m): 8:49pm On Jul 02, 2019
Hoodbilonia:
Parts are twins
Jah pah
Jah pah
Jah pah go london
Jah pan
Japan ti take over

Beema,benz or bentley

Benz only

Bia, hold yourself o. When I dey plan to switch, naim you want to crowd the market. Benz auto shop ke.

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: What Is So Special About Mercedes-benz? by Kewtt: 10:48pm On Jul 02, 2019
sooperrescue:

An intellectually disabled post.... You just pick the S klasse and start yarning nonsense. Not all S klasse are balloons.... And why buy a Benz if you are intellectually disabled enough or poverty stricken beyond been able to do basic maintenance or buy original replacement parts?

Check your priorities bro..... Check your priorities.

3 Likes

Re: What Is So Special About Mercedes-benz? by Kewtt: 10:52pm On Jul 02, 2019
sooperrescue:

Bia, hold yourself o. When I dey plan to switch, naim you want to crowd the market. Benz auto shop ke.
Stick with your Range Rover cars.
Re: What Is So Special About Mercedes-benz? by Lexusgs430: 12:49am On Jul 03, 2019
weyreypey:

Well, till all the electrics and sensors starts to fail............

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Is So Special About Mercedes-benz? by sooperrescue(m): 2:57am On Jul 03, 2019
Kewtt:

An intellectually disabled post.... You just pick the S klasse and start yarning nonsense. Not all S klasse are balloons.... And why buy a Benz if you are intellectually disabled enough or poverty stricken beyond been able to do basic maintenance or buy original replacement parts?

Check your priorities bro..... Check your priorities.
Intellectually disabled. hmm sweet english and because you cannot comprehend, you start railing. E class is what was mentioned here with the specific year and if E turns to S when you are reading, you know where to turn to for help. I am sticking with my Range Rovers true true and if I want to do benz, it will be those that will pay well. S,E classes. Arguments for and against, you cannot present any.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Is So Special About Mercedes-benz? by HeavenlyBang(m): 4:50am On Jul 03, 2019
sooperrescue:

Intellectually disabled. hmm sweet english and because you cannot comprehend, you start railing. E class is what was mentioned here with the specific year and if E turns to S when you are reading, you know where to turn to for help. I am sticking with my Range Rovers true true and if I want to do benz, it will be those that will pay well. S,E classes. Arguments for and against, you cannot present any.

You're replying a well-known idiot.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Is So Special About Mercedes-benz? by Kewtt: 5:38am On Jul 03, 2019
sooperrescue:

Oga I know you did Benz years back.... All Alfa with their kettles.... Leave us Benz lovers with our own ish. Good morning.
Not a E klasse uses balloons sir. But your statement that Benz has no business being driven in Nigeria better applies to your Range Rover cars..... don't you think? I am sure you agree...

2 Likes

Re: What Is So Special About Mercedes-benz? by Kewtt: 5:39am On Jul 03, 2019
Lexusgs430:

Well, till all the electrics and sensors starts to fail............

In comparison to Nissan or the Infinite Mistake... I'll always take the Mercedes Benz in a grim trigger strategy cheesy cheesy

It takes a special kind of idiotic existence and moronic emasculation to abuse Mercedes Benz while inside a Nissan or the Infinite Mistake.

Good morning oga lexus430gs
Re: What Is So Special About Mercedes-benz? by Kewtt: 5:43am On Jul 03, 2019
Hoodbilonia:
Parts are twins
Jah pah
Jah pah
Jah pah go london
Jah pan
Japan ti take over

Beema,benz or bentley

Benz only
Come and train under me. I'll delegate kingreign to monitor your progress.
Re: What Is So Special About Mercedes-benz? by Kewtt: 5:46am On Jul 03, 2019
obekediamondfuto:

Did u feel inferior in any way driving s BMW?
I am indifferent sha to the Mercedes - BMW challenge...

In those days people preached MB or nothing but not now..... The glory is no more there as it used to be!

The BMW is too taut.... Too stiff... doesn't hug bumps...you might get out of it and feel like someone who just alighted from a "bolekaja" on an erosion damaged eastern road.

So sir Mercedes Benz does it for me. No offeinse
Re: What Is So Special About Mercedes-benz? by Kewtt: 5:47am On Jul 03, 2019
obekediamondfuto:

quite intriguing!
It is very intriguing considering the maintenance costs of the Range Rover that sooperrescue works on. Personally I think it's madness driving the Range Rover cars in Nigeria.
Re: What Is So Special About Mercedes-benz? by mammanbawa: 5:52am On Jul 03, 2019
sooperrescue:

Somebody once said
If you can't buy two units
You can't afford it
Cut your cost according to your size
Your perception about w123 and 124 is quite exaggerated and wrong
They're the most reliable benz models on the road
We still have one in our garage and it's not struggling to breath
I never heard of anyone looking for w123 engine also
That's why they're so cheap till date
Cos of lack of demand

1 Like

Re: What Is So Special About Mercedes-benz? by Lexusgs430: 5:57am On Jul 03, 2019
Kewtt:

In comparison to Nissan or the Infinite Mistake... I'll always take the Mercedes Benz in a grim trigger strategy cheesy cheesy

It takes a special kind of idiotic existence and moronic emasculation to abuse Mercedes Benz while inside a Nissan or the Infinite Mistake.

Good morning oga lexus430gs

Morning Oga, remember say some of us no go school.........

Mercedes-Benz does not do it for me and I doubt it ever will..... I like the newer iterations, but ownership is simply a NO NO........ (I have owned mercs in the past).........

I tilt towards my Japanese cousins, when vehicle swapping is on my radar.........

2 Likes

Re: What Is So Special About Mercedes-benz? by Kewtt: 6:00am On Jul 03, 2019
Lexusgs430:

Morning Oga, remember say some of us no go school.........

Mercedes-Benz does not do it for me and I doubt it ever will..... I like the newer iterations, but ownership is simply a NO NO........ (I have owned mercs in the past).........

I tilt towards my Japanese cousins, when vehicle swapping is on my radar.........
And you have a right to your choice. I also have deep reservations for some Mercedes Benz model years..... I'd rather stay off than join the less than expected Mercedes standard
Re: What Is So Special About Mercedes-benz? by Kewtt: 6:02am On Jul 03, 2019
mammanbawa:

Somebody once said
If you can't buy two units
You can't afford it
Cut your cost according to your size
Your perception about w123 and 124 is quite exaggerated and wrong
They're the most reliable benz models on the road
We still have one in our garage and it's not struggling to breath
I never heard of anyone looking for w123 engine also
That's why they're so cheap till date
Cos of lack of demand

Well said. And if you complaining about the technologies... Mercedes Benz will simply tell you its cars aren't made for idiots... cheesy

1 Like

Re: What Is So Special About Mercedes-benz? by obekediamondfuto(m): 6:43am On Jul 03, 2019
Kewtt:

The BMW is too taut.... Too stiff... doesn't hug bumps...you might get out of it and feel like someone who just alighted from a "bolekaja" on an erosion damaged eastern road.

So sir Mercedes Benz does it for me. No offeinse

No offense perceived nor taken

grin

I like the looks of an MB too.... But Japs are beginning to catch my interest when it comes to looks too....

Unfortunately in my priority list for buying a car, looks are somewhere in between 5 and 7
grin

1 Like

Re: What Is So Special About Mercedes-benz? by Lexusgs430: 7:23am On Jul 03, 2019
obekediamondfuto:

No offense perceived nor taken

grin

I like the looks of an MB too.... But Japs are beginning to catch my interest when it comes to looks too....

Unfortunately in my priority list for buying a car, looks are somewhere in between 5 and 7
grin

Mercedes-Benz realised that, it's not only about armoured tank like shells.........

Curves and interiors are also very important....... Mercedes-Benz, is stating to offer good curves and beautiful interiors.......... grin

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Innoson: Do Not Change Your Logo Or Accept Any Logo Proposal / Used Car For Sale In Lagos - Updated Daily With Low Price / Mercedes Benz C240 2004 Or Toyota Corolla 2005

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 79
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.