Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,157,935 members, 7,835,115 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 04:55 AM

What Is So Special About Mercedes-benz? - Car Talk (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / What Is So Special About Mercedes-benz? (4940 Views)

Enquiries About Mercedes C180 1999 / 15 Things You Didn't Know About Mercedes Benz / Amazing Facts You May Not Know About Mercedes Benz (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What Is So Special About Mercedes-benz? by obekediamondfuto(m): 7:29am On Jul 03, 2019
Lexusgs430:

Mercedes-Benz realised that, it's not only about armoured tank like shells.........

Curves and interiors are also very important....... Mercedes-Benz, is stating to offer good curves and beautiful interiors.......... grin

Hahahahahahaha to try and appeal to the likes of heavenlybang but alas they still failed....

He bought something else after all their efforts to woo him with HP, Luxury, Performance, Torque and even when they went out of their way to make classy, sporty sweet looking cars.....

Why oh why

Heavenlybang u for just buy MB so these ur freenemies go let u rest na haba mana
Why can't we do things just to have peace
grin
grin
grin

1 Like

Re: What Is So Special About Mercedes-benz? by Kewtt: 7:41am On Jul 03, 2019
obekediamondfuto:

No offense perceived nor taken

grin

I like the looks of an MB too.... But Japs are beginning to catch my interest when it comes to looks too....

Unfortunately in my priority list for buying a car, looks are somewhere in between 5 and 7
grin
Not offensive. Your power of choice is inalienable. Exercise it as a living soul. Do have a great day.

1 Like

Re: What Is So Special About Mercedes-benz? by Lexusgs430: 7:50am On Jul 03, 2019
obekediamondfuto:

Hahahahahahaha to try and appeal to the likes of heavenlybang but alas they still failed....

He bought something else after all their efforts to woo him with HP, Luxury, Performance, Torque and even when they went out of their way to make classy, sporty sweet looking cars.....

Why oh why

Heavenlybang u for just buy MB so these ur freenemies go let u rest na haba mana
grin
grin
grin

Isn't HeavenlyBang, banging freenemies freely adopting the 69...... Or searching for their G Spot with his 35....... grin

1 Like

Re: What Is So Special About Mercedes-benz? by HeavenlyBang(m): 8:12am On Jul 03, 2019
obekediamondfuto:

Why oh why

grin
grin
grin

grin
Tbh, I'm a big fan of Mercedes. Always have been. However, it's shocking that just about every single Merc model I looked at had a flaw I couldn't let go of.

W211: SBC, Air shocks for the V8 models, engine flaw on the early facelift models, poor design across the board.
W209: Unreliability of a W203.
W204: Too slow, EIS, etc.

For that same reason, I still have no idea if I'll move over to Mercedes for my next car, since the only good option would be the 2011/2012 C63.

Therein lies my problem with Mercedes. Good cars across the board but most have massive weaknesses.

Lexusgs430:

Isn't HeavenlyBang, banging freenemies freely adopting the 69...... Or searching for their G Spot with his 35....... grin
Bars of life. shocked

1 Like 1 Share

Re: What Is So Special About Mercedes-benz? by obekediamondfuto(m): 8:14am On Jul 03, 2019
Lexusgs430:

This niggaaaaaa,

grin
grin
grin
grin
grin

1 Like

Re: What Is So Special About Mercedes-benz? by Lexusgs430: 8:39am On Jul 03, 2019
obekediamondfuto:

This niggaaaaaa,

grin
grin
grin
grin
grin

Oga, it is you o......... wink
Re: What Is So Special About Mercedes-benz? by Lexusgs430: 8:40am On Jul 03, 2019
HeavenlyBang:

grin
Tbh, I'm a big fan of Mercedes. Always have been. However, it's shocking that just about every single Merc model I looked at had a flaw I couldn't let go of.

W211: SBC, Air shocks for the V8 models, engine flaw on the early facelift models, poor design across the board.
W209: Unreliability of a W203.
W204: Too slow, EIS, etc.

For that same reason, I still have no idea if I'll move over to Mercedes for my next car, since the only good option would be the 2011/2012 C63.

Therein lies my problem with Mercedes. Good cars across the board but most have massive weaknesses.

Bars of life. shocked

Wetin I gain, telling lies.......... I can imagine them hanging their legs on ur dashboard............. grin

1 Like

Re: What Is So Special About Mercedes-benz? by Kewtt: 8:54am On Jul 03, 2019
The standard in the automobile industry.. Mercedes Benz. Certainly not for technological iddiots grin cheesy no offeinse

1 Like

Re: What Is So Special About Mercedes-benz? by sooperrescue(m): 9:08am On Jul 03, 2019
HeavenlyBang:

You're replying a well-known idiot.
I traveled out before and just returned and I was noticing him for the first time . Thanks for the info

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Is So Special About Mercedes-benz? by sooperrescue(m): 9:14am On Jul 03, 2019
mammanbawa:

Somebody once said
If you can't buy two units
You can't afford it
Cut your cost according to your size
Your perception about w123 and 124 is quite exaggerated and wrong
They're the most reliable benz models on the road
We still have one in our garage and it's not struggling to breath
I never heard of anyone looking for w123 engine also
That's why they're so cheap till date
Cos of lack of demand
In 2000, the engine for vboot was 120k and I know a lot of people who bought engines multiple times before they abandoned the car. Curious, what is it doing in the garage?
Re: What Is So Special About Mercedes-benz? by sooperrescue(m): 9:23am On Jul 03, 2019
Kewtt:

It is very intriguing considering the maintenance costs of the Range Rover that sooperrescue works on. Personally I think it's madness driving the Range Rover cars in Nigeria.
There is a big difference between a car that recommends premium gasoline and a car that requires premium gasoline fuel only. Read the effect of using lower octane fuel on the engine of a car that requires premium fuel. Acura owners know what they are going through in the hands of our fuel ditto Vw and BMW. Only the range rover is still on the road managing the fuel.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: What Is So Special About Mercedes-benz? by mammanbawa: 9:28am On Jul 03, 2019
sooperrescue:

In 2000, the engine for vboot was 120k and I know a lot of people who bought engines multiple times before they abandoned the car. Curious, what is it doing in the garage?
It's in the garage cos the main owner has other cars
I plan on restoring it soonest
I'll post the restoration project here
And ours has been there before 2000
We never bought an engine

2 Likes

Re: What Is So Special About Mercedes-benz? by Kewtt: 10:36am On Jul 03, 2019
sooperrescue:

I traveled out before and just returned and I was noticing him for the first time . Thanks for the info
You just quoted an extreme iddiot

2 Likes

Re: What Is So Special About Mercedes-benz? by sooperrescue(m): 11:37am On Jul 03, 2019
Lexusgs430:

Well, till all the electrics and sensors starts to fail............
It starts with cylinder misfire and they will change the plugs, later coils and then nozzles and later oxygen sensors and then the VGS will fail and the gear will enter limp mode and front and rear sam go begin dey complain and when you pass flood, gateway will give up the ghost and rewire will be invited to stop the fan from whining and from there, the owner go park am to rest small before he continues the jamboree. Mercedes Benz since 18th century, giving Nigerians blues

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: What Is So Special About Mercedes-benz? by mammanbawa: 12:54pm On Jul 03, 2019
sooperrescue:

It starts with cylinder misfire and they will change the plugs, later coils and then nozzles and later oxygen sensors and then the VGS will fail and the gear will enter limp mode and front and rear sam go begin dey complain and when you pass flood, gateway will give up the ghost and rewire will be invited to stop the fan from whining and from there, the owner go park am to rest small before he continues the jamboree. Mercedes Benz since 18th century, giving Nigerians blues

Let's be honest
Is Land Rover more reliable and cheaper to maintain than Mercedes Benz?

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Is So Special About Mercedes-benz? by HeavenlyBang(m): 1:15pm On Jul 03, 2019
mammanbawa:

Let's be honest

No. grin

1 Like

Re: What Is So Special About Mercedes-benz? by mammanbawa: 1:23pm On Jul 03, 2019
HeavenlyBang:

No. grin

I go call HRH on top sooperrescue o
Re: What Is So Special About Mercedes-benz? by Kewtt: 1:24pm On Jul 03, 2019
mammanbawa:

Let's be honest
Certainly not!!
Re: What Is So Special About Mercedes-benz? by obekediamondfuto(m): 1:35pm On Jul 03, 2019
mammanbawa:

Ahhhh that's too extreme naw.

Abeg ohhhhh sooperrescue na my nigga....
No fear all is well....
Re: What Is So Special About Mercedes-benz? by sooperrescue(m): 4:26pm On Jul 03, 2019
mammanbawa:

Let's be honest
No and yes. I remember when I was fixing Benz in Abuja that the issues were very different from that of the range rover . In Abuja, it's the big men that uses Benz and so paying 600k to service the vgs of a cls 550 is a better option than taking it to Capital motors that will change the gear. For a Range Rover, less than 60k and the gear is back. That cylinder misfires that damages the catalyst is the major problem with Benz. And the worst part is the Amg brand. It requires a higher grade of premium fuel than other regular Benz.
Range is cheaper to maintain than Mercedes in the long run.. E550 waiting patiently for the four balloons is shown in the image

1 Share

Re: What Is So Special About Mercedes-benz? by sooperrescue(m): 4:28pm On Jul 03, 2019
mammanbawa:

I be biniman o. Na bottle we dey chew as dessert o
Re: What Is So Special About Mercedes-benz? by mammanbawa: 4:32pm On Jul 03, 2019
sooperrescue:

I be biniman o. Na bottle we dey chew as dessert o

Haqhaqhaq
You dunno wah is going on abi
HRH will use legal property to destroy you cheesy
Obekediamondfuto make I call am?
Re: What Is So Special About Mercedes-benz? by mammanbawa: 4:33pm On Jul 03, 2019
sooperrescue:

No and yes. I remember when I was fixing Benz in Abuja that the issues were very different from that of the range rover . In Abuja, it's the big men that uses Benz and so paying 600k to service the vgs of a cls 550 is a better option than taking it to Capital motors that will change the gear. For a Range Rover, less than 60k and the gear is back. That cylinder misfires that damages the catalyst is the major problem with Benz. And the worst part is the Amg brand. It requires a higher grade of premium fuel than other regular Benz.
Range is cheaper to maintain than Mercedes in the long run.. E550 waiting patiently for the four balloons is shown in the image

How much is the balloon of 2012 Range Rover sport
All fours

1 Like

Re: What Is So Special About Mercedes-benz? by sooperrescue(m): 5:17pm On Jul 03, 2019
mammanbawa:

How much is the balloon of 2012 Range Rover sport
All fours
400k, and with sensor 300k for front and 200k both rear. Mind you, if the left balloon is bad, you only change the left. And in most cases, the rear balloon never go bad. As for the legal jazz, even police with gun dey fear bini people. Make I nor scare you too much
Re: What Is So Special About Mercedes-benz? by mammanbawa: 5:36pm On Jul 03, 2019
sooperrescue:

400k, and with sensor 300k for front and 200k both rear. Mind you, if the left balloon is bad, you only change the left. And in most cases, the rear balloon never go bad. As for the legal jazz, even police with gun dey fear bini people. Make I nor scare you too much

You still dey argue
HRH na Indian/Chinese with a pinch of edo o
Re: What Is So Special About Mercedes-benz? by sooperrescue(m): 6:52pm On Jul 03, 2019
mammanbawa:

You still dey argue
HRH na Indian/Chinese with a pinch of edo o
If you go Japan, you go see say na edo culture them get there. The original one dey for Benin. Nor provoke me pass this one o
Re: What Is So Special About Mercedes-benz? by obekediamondfuto(m): 7:16pm On Jul 03, 2019
mammanbawa:

Haqhaqhaq
You dunno wah is going on abi
HRH will use legal property to destroy you cheesy
Obekediamondfuto make I call am?

Abeg no call am oh, if im land with entourage properties are bound to be lost in a huge fire inferno

grin
It's his trademark....
Abeg no call am
Re: What Is So Special About Mercedes-benz? by mammanbawa: 7:23pm On Jul 03, 2019
sooperrescue:

If you go Japan, you go see say na edo culture them get there. The original one dey for Benin. Nor provoke me pass this one o

I rest my case cheesy

1 Like

Re: What Is So Special About Mercedes-benz? by erico2k2(m): 2:35am On Jul 04, 2019
mammanbawa:

Let's be honest
Yes, cos they are all SUV by default. It shares the best part of German Engineering and British Engineering.

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: What Is So Special About Mercedes-benz? by sooperrescue(m): 4:28am On Jul 04, 2019
erico2k2:

Yes, cos they are all SUV by default. It shares the best part of German Engineering and British Engineering.
Tell them o
Re: What Is So Special About Mercedes-benz? by weyreypey: 7:22pm On Jul 05, 2019
Lexusgs430:

Well, till all the electrics and sensors starts to fail............
Debunked
Re: What Is So Special About Mercedes-benz? by weyreypey: 7:22pm On Jul 05, 2019
lonelydora:

Quality, Quality, Quality
Truth!

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

New Car / Honda Crv 2003model Vs Toyota Rav4 2003model / Honda Atf Vs Substitute(dextron)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.