Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,771 members, 7,831,478 topics. Date: Friday, 17 May 2024 at 07:24 PM

What Is So Special About Mercedes-benz? - Car Talk (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / What Is So Special About Mercedes-benz? (4933 Views)

Enquiries About Mercedes C180 1999 / 15 Things You Didn't Know About Mercedes Benz / Amazing Facts You May Not Know About Mercedes Benz (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What Is So Special About Mercedes-benz? by weyreypey: 7:23pm On Jul 05, 2019
obekediamondfuto:

Did u feel inferior in any way driving s BMW?
I am indifferent sha to the Mercedes - BMW challenge...

In those days people preached MB or nothing but not now..... The glory is no more there as it used to be!
Mercedes Benz is for full comfort and convenience...soft and easy.... BMW is too high-strung....I hated it.
Re: What Is So Special About Mercedes-benz? by TheGiftedOne(m): 8:02am On Jul 06, 2019
Please I need a used Mercedes Benz C200 elegance at a very affordable price.

Please GAZZUZZ & weyreypey assist a financially constrained fellow.
Re: What Is So Special About Mercedes-benz? by weyreypey: 8:32am On Jul 06, 2019
TheGiftedOne:
Please I need a used Mercedes Benz C200 elegance at a very affordable price.

Please GAZUZZ & weyreypey assist a financially constrained fellow.
How much is the fund available?
Re: What Is So Special About Mercedes-benz? by Eddee(m): 1:48pm On Jul 07, 2019
HeavenlyBang:

grin
Tbh, I'm a big fan of Mercedes. Always have been. However, it's shocking that just about every single Merc model I looked at had a flaw I couldn't let go of.

W211: SBC, Air shocks for the V8 models , engine flaw on the early facelift models, poor design across the board.
W209: Unreliability of a W203.
W204: Too slow, EIS, etc.

For that same reason, I still have no idea if I'll move over to Mercedes for my next car, since the only good option would be the 2011/2012 C63.

Therein lies my problem with Mercedes. Good cars across the board but most have massive weaknesses.

Bars of life. shocked

My W211 has airmatic and it's a v6. But currently on coil overs, local man cannot come and kill himself. As for the prices quoted by sooperrescue for the w212 air shocks, I'll say he was been lenient. Only Merc, I'll buy going forward is an S Klasse (if I perish, then I perish). If money no reach, I sabi person wer get connect for Infiniti Benz and Lexus Benz.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: What Is So Special About Mercedes-benz? by HeavenlyBang(m): 1:59pm On Jul 07, 2019
Eddee:

My W211 has airmatic and it's a v6. But currently on coil overs now, man cannot come kill himself. As for the prices quoted by sooperrescue for the w212 air shocks, I'll say he was been lenient. Only Merc, I'll buy going forward is an S Klasse (if I perish, then I perish). If money no reach, I sabi person wer get connect for Infiniti Benz and Lexus Benz.

Airmatic is optional on the E320 and E350. Standard on the V8 models.

Na that airmatic just discourage from Mercedes, tbh. Limits choices to the C Class and other cars built on that platform.

Like you, I'd rather stay with Infiniti. Lexus hasn't exactly made an exciting car in a long time, except maybe the IS-F. Apart from that, going forward, it's American for me. cheesy

Charger and CTS-V are great sedans.

1 Like

Re: What Is So Special About Mercedes-benz? by Eddee(m): 2:11pm On Jul 07, 2019
HeavenlyBang:

Airmatic is optional on the E320 and E350. Standard on the V8 models.

Na that airmatic just discourage from Mercedes, tbh. Limits choices to the C Class and other cars built on that platform.

Like you, I'd rather stay with Infiniti. Lexus hasn't exactly made an exciting car in a long time, except maybe the IS-F. Apart from that, going forward, it's American for me. cheesy

Charger and CTS-V are great sedans.

My brother, that charger is the way forward. Downside is having to always wait for parts if something breaks or fails. I've been in that situation before with a water pump for my mom's Jeep, was the first part I bought on ebay or is it Craigslist sef. That was more than 10 years ago for a liberty, and little has changed over the years.

American cars in Nigeria are all fun and games, until something as common as a specific relay or even ball joint fails.

1 Like

Re: What Is So Special About Mercedes-benz? by HeavenlyBang(m): 2:20pm On Jul 07, 2019
Eddee:

My brother, that charger is the way forward. Downside is having to always wait for parts if something breaks or fails. I've been in that situation before with a water pump for my mom's Jeep, was the first part I bought on ebay or is it Craigslist sef. That was more than 10 years ago for a liberty, and little has changed over the years.

American cars in Nigeria are all fun and games, until something as common as a specific relay or even ball joint fails.

True, true. I hadn't considered that. But there are more American cars than ever these days around. I see plenty of Dodge and Ram everyday, and parts are likely to be shared.

1 Like

Re: What Is So Special About Mercedes-benz? by Eddee(m): 2:31pm On Jul 07, 2019
HeavenlyBang:

True, true. I hadn't considered that. But there are more American cars than ever these days around. I see plenty of Dodge and Ram everyday, and parts are likely to be shared.

When we get to that bridge, we will definitely cross it. Make i stroll enter my favorite joint thread.
Re: What Is So Special About Mercedes-benz? by HeavenlyBang(m): 2:36pm On Jul 07, 2019
Eddee:

When we get to that bridge, we will definitely cross it. Make i stroll enter my favorite joint thread.

grin grin
Oya na, e go be.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: What Is So Special About Mercedes-benz? by TheGiftedOne(m): 8:11pm On Jul 08, 2019
weyreypey:

How much is the fund available?

400k to 0.5m

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Lets Assume This Car Is Yours........... / How Much Does Lexus Gx470 ECU (brain Box) Cost / Driving from the south east to the south west.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.