Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,227 members, 7,818,772 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 02:20 AM

Atiku Must Be Realistic About Tribunal Judgement By Soibi Ransom - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Atiku Must Be Realistic About Tribunal Judgement By Soibi Ransom (329 Views)

Ngelale: Tinubu not Worried About Tribunal verdict, he knows he won the election / Atiku Must Pick Up His Phone To Call President Buhari- Keyamo / Atiku Must Pick Vice From South-West Or… – PDP Chieftain (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Atiku Must Be Realistic About Tribunal Judgement By Soibi Ransom by Dailymemoirs: 5:13pm On Jun 26, 2019
ATIKU MUST BE REALISTIC ABOUT TRIBUNAL JUDGEMENT

BY SOIBI RANSOM

Former Vice President of Nigeria and Presidential flag bearer of Peoples Democratic Party Alhaji Atiku Abubakar has hopes of still being President of the country despite being trounced by his counterpart, the incumbent President, Gen. Muhammadu Buhari by about 4 million votes. Atiku had declared after INEC had announced the final results that he will not accept the results of the elections which he feels was soiled with gross electoral malpractices.

The 72 years old had laid his complaint to former Head of State Gen Abdusalami Abubakar who is the Head of the Election Peace Committee. Gen. Abdusalami Abubakar had gone to discuss the issue with President Buhari and also informed him that his counterpart will seek redress in court.

“Yesterday, l met the PDP presidential candidate and his party in order to ensure peace. This is what this committee is really after, our concern is about Nigeria. And in order to listen to their grievances and what they think has gone wrong, we are here today to see his Excellency the President to relay the fears and concerns of the PDP to Mr President.

“He listened to us and has taken note of what we have told him,” Abubakar told State House correspondents.”
Atiku’s Speech

‘’ I thank the Nigerian people who trooped out in their millions to perform their civic duty this past Saturday. The patriotism of Nigerians is heartwarming and affirms my oft-repeated statement that we are brothers and sisters born from the womb of one mother Nigeria.

With regards to the Presidential elections that took place on February 23, 2019, it is clear that there were manifest and premeditated malpractices in many states which negate the results announced.
One obvious red flag is the statistical impossibility of states ravaged by the war on terror generating much higher voter turnouts than peaceful states.

The suppressed votes in my strongholds are so apparent and amateurish, that I am ashamed as a Nigerian that such could be allowed to happen. How can total votes in Akwa-Ibom, for instance, be 50% less than what they were in 2015?
Another glaring anomaly is the disruption of voting in strongholds of the Peoples Democratic Party in Lagos, Akwa-Ibom, Rivers and diverse other states, with the authorities doing little or nothing and in some cases facilitating these unfortunate situations.
https://dailymemoirsnews./2019/06/26/atiku-must-be-realistic-about-tribunal-judgement-by-soibi-ransom/
Re: Atiku Must Be Realistic About Tribunal Judgement By Soibi Ransom by Elaibedouglas: 10:07am On Jun 27, 2019
Ok

(1) (Reply)

I Spent Only N1.2bn On Funerals, Not N2.3bn — Bauchi Ex-gov / BREAKING: NBC Withdraws Suspension On AIT, Raypower / Osun: Supreme Court Verdict Shocking, Says PDP

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.