Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,294 members, 7,826,170 topics. Date: Monday, 13 May 2024 at 10:40 AM

FG To Begin Ruga Settlements In 11 States Where The Governors Have Consented - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / FG To Begin Ruga Settlements In 11 States Where The Governors Have Consented (48775 Views)

Jonathan Asake: Fulani Converted Ruga Settlements In My Community Into Emirate / Ruga Settlements For Herdsmen: Shehu Sani Reacts To FG's Plan / Ruga Settlements For Herdsmen: South-East Governors, Ortom, Ishaku, Reject It (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: FG To Begin Ruga Settlements In 11 States Where The Governors Have Consented by AuroraB(f): 7:22am On Jun 29, 2019
sarrki:
If the report is true

I love you so much

I swear with every fiber in my body

I will be your worst antagonist

I rest my case for now until it is confirmed
You thought you were safe. You got peeps down here while being his Orchestra Boy. You must taste it; anyway, anyhow. The wicked must not go unpunished.

8 Likes

Re: FG To Begin Ruga Settlements In 11 States Where The Governors Have Consented by Nobody: 7:22am On Jun 29, 2019
johnmartus:
Common, and stop talking nonsense do you think I'm calling for southern unity.what average Nigerian want now is for every region to be on her own.

I have made my point.

What your region want is not what others want. your region wants wants to be on their own, others region wants out of the current Federal arrangement.

So whether common or nonsense, I have made my point, concentrate on your region.
Re: FG To Begin Ruga Settlements In 11 States Where The Governors Have Consented by Nobody: 7:22am On Jun 29, 2019
sarrki:

In clear terms

Boko haram agenda

I can say it’s northern power drunker driven

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: FG To Begin Ruga Settlements In 11 States Where The Governors Have Consented by technicallyrich(m): 7:22am On Jun 29, 2019
obstead200:

Who are u? What did u do with sarrki? Why are u using his nairaland account? Did u kidnap him? Did u kill him?
Please speak now or else..........
lets just say he finally wails and gnashes hi teeth because it will now affect his farm.
I support them to give the fulanis your farm.
Thank you sarrki for investing in farmin and your land now belongs to ruga.
Dont worry with time allah will give you money to buy back your land.
Allah bless nairaland.

8 Likes

Re: FG To Begin Ruga Settlements In 11 States Where The Governors Have Consented by SarkinYarki: 7:23am On Jun 29, 2019
sarrki:

In clear terms

Boko haram agenda

Now you are behaving like the son of your great Father

1 Like 1 Share

Re: FG To Begin Ruga Settlements In 11 States Where The Governors Have Consented by netflicks(m): 7:23am On Jun 29, 2019
If u need solution to your problem enter street kill as many people as u can. .in Nigeria its not a crime, is just a way to have the govt attention on your problem.. Simple!

4 Likes

Re: FG To Begin Ruga Settlements In 11 States Where The Governors Have Consented by netflicks(m): 7:28am On Jun 29, 2019
To further understand the dumbness of this APC govt. Pls need a shop for my business the govt should rent one for me or I will kill.. Useless idea, people thinking with thier balls...

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: FG To Begin Ruga Settlements In 11 States Where The Governors Have Consented by LeOstrich: 7:28am On Jun 29, 2019
sarrki:

In clear terms

Boko haram agenda

Keep prancing over the islamization agenda like a lizard on a hot plate!

Say it as you know it!

This is an islamization and a population replacement agenda.

Zombie

4 Likes

Re: FG To Begin Ruga Settlements In 11 States Where The Governors Have Consented by sarrki(m): 7:28am On Jun 29, 2019
pat077:
is the state governor not a Christian, why should he give his consent to the idea

He's a politician he cares less for his people

3 Likes

Re: FG To Begin Ruga Settlements In 11 States Where The Governors Have Consented by Rebuke: 7:29am On Jun 29, 2019
All ye blind bats that keep saying fulanisation is not real, I hope ya all won't wake up too late, probably, on the other side.

So, the government can be this active? Do yhu know how many issues affecting the entire nation that if the government had sincerely attended to, would have great impact on every citizen of this country? No, they don't have time to attend to such issues but things that will benefit the killer fulanis are quickly attended to.

Letz jxt cross our hands n keep cheering them on.

We all shall see the plan soon.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: FG To Begin Ruga Settlements In 11 States Where The Governors Have Consented by Kenturkey048(m): 7:30am On Jun 29, 2019
netflicks:
If u need solution to your problem enter street kill as many people as u can. .in Nigeria its not a crime, is just a way to have the govt attention on your problem.. Simple!
that formular not for Nigeria alone...if you watch CAPITAL PUnISHMENT,you will know thats just how to get the government attention globally..if na talk you wan talk,,nobody go listen.
Re: FG To Begin Ruga Settlements In 11 States Where The Governors Have Consented by lomprico(m): 7:30am On Jun 29, 2019
sarrki:

The truth is that they really want to take over Taraba economically and politically

They have succeeded economically

Politically still struggling

It won’t spell well

Seriously

Taraba is a Christian dominated state in percentages

I don’t like playing religious cards

But the truth Be told

Let’s respect people culture and way of living

Who are those advising Muhammadu Buhari?

It seems something is not right somewhere
Ha! Sarrik! Na you be this?

Don't worry this Shìt (buhari) that you people tossed on to the ceiling fan, will touch also touch you.

6 Likes

Re: FG To Begin Ruga Settlements In 11 States Where The Governors Have Consented by orisa37: 7:33am On Jun 29, 2019
THIS BUHARI'S RUGA-FUGA- SETTLEMENT IS UNDEMOCRATIC, UNCONSTITUTIONAL AND FEUDALISTIC.

ALL SOUTH OF THE RIVERS NIGER-BENUE STATES GOVERNORS SHOULD FORTHWITH INSIST ON HAVING COMMISSIONERS OF POLICE WHO ARE INDIGENES OF THEIR STATES AND WILL BE DIRECTLY RESPONSIBLE TO THEIR GOVERNORS.

1 Like

Re: FG To Begin Ruga Settlements In 11 States Where The Governors Have Consented by BRASH: 7:34am On Jun 29, 2019
sarrki:
Muhammadu Buhari !!!!!

Sire you don’t have business with this

It should be private sector driven

It’s not a solution

It will create more bloodshed

This zombie is trying to have sense, but d gods will never allow any zombie to have sense until d yorubaland is taken over by herdsmen. Tinubu must sell your lands to terrorists so he can become president. U never see anything yet. Shebi una talk say d dullard is d best president abi? No worry.

7 Likes

Re: FG To Begin Ruga Settlements In 11 States Where The Governors Have Consented by ZombiePUNISHER: 7:35am On Jun 29, 2019
helinues:
Let them start in North first . let us see the outcomes before introducing to South western states

Fixed

3 Likes

Re: FG To Begin Ruga Settlements In 11 States Where The Governors Have Consented by pat077: 7:38am On Jun 29, 2019
sarrki:

He's a politician he cares less for his people
but he is not in the ruling party.
Re: FG To Begin Ruga Settlements In 11 States Where The Governors Have Consented by Firefire(m): 7:40am On Jun 29, 2019
AuroraB:
You thought you were safe. You got peeps down here while being his Orchestra Boy. You must taste it; anyway, anyhow. The wicked must not go unpunished.

I concur, the wicked will not escape.

Buhary, Fire on we are behind you.

Una next level suffering LOADING in 3D.

2 Likes

Re: FG To Begin Ruga Settlements In 11 States Where The Governors Have Consented by kokoetemma(m): 7:41am On Jun 29, 2019
Many countries are planning on how to migrate from technology to technology but here we are with COWS in this 21st century. Lord Lugard,you try ooo

2 Likes

Re: FG To Begin Ruga Settlements In 11 States Where The Governors Have Consented by Unlimitk2(m): 7:44am On Jun 29, 2019
sarrki:

The truth is that they really want to take over Taraba economically and politically

They have succeeded economically

Politically still struggling

It won’t spell well

Seriously

Taraba is a Christian dominated state in percentages

I don’t like playing religious cards

But the truth Be told

Let’s respect people culture and way of living

Who are those advising Muhammadu Buhari?

It seems something is not right somewhere
Taraba has large areas populated by Muslims and Fulani only
The government of taraba is Christian
So they have areas with many Fulani's and Muslims already,so they can just dump them in those areas
Re: FG To Begin Ruga Settlements In 11 States Where The Governors Have Consented by Rolings: 7:45am On Jun 29, 2019
sarrki:
If the report is true

I love you so much

I swear with every fiber in my body

I will be your worst antagonist

I rest my case for now until it is confirmed

What's the fuss.... Only willing states will have the settlements. Since the news broke I'm amused by how southern states all rushed to the media to reject what was never meant for them..... The report said the pilot will be in 12 states southerners started making a fuss, there are 19 states in the north getting 12willing states is easy without having Ruga anywhere in the south so what's the fuss

2 Likes

Re: FG To Begin Ruga Settlements In 11 States Where The Governors Have Consented by hacunamatata: 7:46am On Jun 29, 2019
When you have cattle rearer as a president, what do you expect?

1 Like

Re: FG To Begin Ruga Settlements In 11 States Where The Governors Have Consented by wink2015(m): 7:46am On Jun 29, 2019
sarrki:
FG begins Ruga settlements in Taraba, Adamawa, Plateau, Kaduna, others
Published

June 29, 2019
Friday Olokor, Eniola Akinkuotu, Okechukwu Nnodim, John Charles and Enyioha Opara

Despite the harsh criticism of the planned establishment of Ruga settlements across the country, the Federal Government is set to commence the pilot phase of the project in Taraba, Adamawa, Plateau, Kaduna and seven other states, Saturday PUNCH’s investigations have confirmed.

It was learnt in Abuja on Friday that the execution of the project would start in 11 states including Sokoto, Nasarawa, Kogi, Katsina, Kebbi, Zamfara and Niger.

Documents seen by one of our correspondents at the Federal Ministry of Agriculture and Rural Development showed that all was set for the implementation of the initiative.

According to senior officials of the ministry, the Federal Government is determined to go ahead with the project, notwithstanding the public outcry, particularly in the South.

“The pilot states for its implementation are Sokoto, Adamawa, Nasarawa, Kaduna, Kogi, Taraba, Katsina, Plateau, Kebbi, Zamfara and Niger. They are actually 11 in number and the governors of these states are coming to the ministry to learn how the Ruga settlements will be implemented,” a senior official at the FMARD, who spoke on condition of anonymity, said.

The source added, “These are the states that have fully shown their interest. But unfortunately, people are talking about this as if the Federal Government is planning to grab land in the states. That’s not true. The plan is mainly for these states that are ready and the Federal Government had a discussion with the governors concerned.

“Some of the governors came here and they promised to provide land because they have seen the benefits they will derive from the initiative. It is not that the Federal Government wants to invade the states, no!”

When asked whether the government would go ahead with the initiative despite its rejection by many other states, the official replied, “Why not? Of course, the government will go ahead with the programme, particularly in states that are willing to have it. For states that are not interested, no problem.”

More in Home

Suspected herdsmen attack Ogun village over cigarettes

Gunmen behead generator repairer in Rivers

Robber lures Uber driver with suya to steal car

Sanusi sacks Jumat mosque Imam

We’re to restore law and order, not rid Apapa of trucks –Opeifa
On Tuesday, the Permanent Secretary, FMARD, Mohammed Umar, said aside from the states where the pilot phase of the programme would start, many other states had expressed their interest in the scheme.

The project is said to be part of the solution to the incessant clashes between farmers and herders.

Umar had said, “The Ruga settlement will attract a lot of investment to Nigeria and it is our belief that in the next five years, each Ruga settlement will provide nothing less than 2,000 employment opportunities. We are collaborating with the cattle breeders associations in Nigeria.”

READ ALSO: We’re to restore law and order, not rid Apapa of trucks –Opeifa

On May 21, 2019, the immediate past Minister of Agriculture and Rural Development, Chief Audu Ogbeh, had announced that Buhari approved the Ruga settlement initiative earlier in the same month.

Osinbajo, Miyetti Allah differ on Ruga settlement project execution

Meanwhile, the Office of the Vice-President and Miyetti Allah Cattle Breeders Association of Nigeria on Friday disagreed over the implementation of the controversial Ruga settlement initiative.

While MACBAN’s General Secretary, Baba Ngelzarma, claimed on Sunrise Daily, a programme on Channels Television, on Friday that Vice-President Yemi Osinbajo’s office was helping Fulani herdsmen to create Ruga settlements across the country, Laolu Akande, media aide to Osinbajo, denied the claim.

Ngelzerma had told Channels Television that the Ruga settlement model was a component part of the livestock development and transformation plan being implemented under the Office of the Vice-President.

He said, “All must agree with me that the crisis we are facing today has become a multi-dimensional one. So, the approach must also be holistic. It was the desire of the Federal Government to take a holistic approach that gave birth to the Ruga settlement model and it is not only Fulani who are herders.

“In Southern Kaduna, there are natives who are also herders. Even in Plateau, there are groups that are herders. It was intended for the herders as part of the effort by the government to come up with an economic model of resolving this crisis.

“This is an integrated settlement that will bring about the production of pasture grasses, water, schools, markets, meat and milk processing, and where it can create a sub-sector of the economy. This is something that if done properly, will create a lot of jobs.”

When asked if it was right for the government to spend taxpayers’ money on what would benefit herders alone, Ngelzerma argued that crop farmers had similarly benefitted in the past.

However, in a swift reaction, the Office of the Vice-President denied being in charge of the implementation of the Ruga settlement initiative.

The Senior Special Assistant to the Vice-President on Media and Publicity, Mr Laolu Akande, said in a tweet on Friday that the programme being handled by Osinbajo was different from the one being referred to by Miyetti Allah.

https://punchng.com/fg-begins-ruga-settlements-in-taraba-adamawa-plateau-kaduna-others/

This Ruga settlement issue will die a natural death by the time President Muhammadu Buhari tenure comes to an end if the hosting states are not carried along.

I hope Comrade Adams Oshiomole that is busy attacking people to defend Buhari is seeing all this drama as it unfolds.

President Buhari knows the constitution does not allow him for a third term and that is why he is using the remaining part of his 4 years tenure to force UNWHOLESOME POLICY ON STATES IN NIGERIA without thinking of the future consequences.

Governors whose states and indigene does not buy this policy should not capitulate to the federal government FORCE IT ON THEIR THROAT POLICY.

They should resist the federal government of President Buhari and stand firms on the side of the electorates in the various state whose mandate the governor is implementing.

ANYTIME, NORTHERN NIGERIA POLITICAL LEADERS WANT TO GET SOMETHING DONE FOR THEIR NORTHERN PEOPLE THEY ALWAYS WANT TO BACK IT WITH FEDERAL POWER, FEDERAL MIGHT, FEDERAL MILITARY INFRASTRUCTURES.

Cattle herding business is a private business such as chicken poultry business, fish farming, bee keeping business, plantain farming. etc

It has no DIRECT CONNECTION with the federal government.

But unfortunately the federal government led by President Buhari a northerner of FULANI origin will carry federal government money sourced from the Niger delta region to be investing there.

They have not completed Ogoni clean up, or completed the Maritime University in Okerenkoko in Gbaramatu Kingdom in Delta state.

LET THEM BE PLAYING THE RUGA REGGAE !

BUHARI PLAY ON YOUR RUGA REGGAE !

There is God O!

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: FG To Begin Ruga Settlements In 11 States Where The Governors Have Consented by gbagyiza: 7:46am On Jun 29, 2019
netpro:
Good. This will help keep the Herbsmen in one place and reduce the clashes with farmers.

Once that is done, it will be easier to deal with the criminal elements who perpetuate crime under the guise of herders.

U got it wrong. There is a hidden agenda in this whole thing n only time will say. So, the whole blood bath that is happening in which Fulani herdsmen were given sophisticated weapons to kill n chase people out of their places of abode, was inline with this ruga settlement. Now the state governors will hand over those lands that where abandone by victims of Fulani herdsmen attacks to federal government for ruga settlement. We r watching d game, everything that has a beginning most definitely have an end.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: FG To Begin Ruga Settlements In 11 States Where The Governors Have Consented by limeta(f): 7:48am On Jun 29, 2019

1 Like 1 Share

Re: FG To Begin Ruga Settlements In 11 States Where The Governors Have Consented by netflicks(m): 7:51am On Jun 29, 2019
Kenturkey048:
that formular not for Nigeria alone...if you watch CAPITAL PUnISHMENT,you will know thats just how to get the government attention globally..if na talk you wan talk,,nobody go listen.

But this project can't be forcefully implemented in every state. It simply shows there is something behind it. People with great urge to kill at any slight provovation should not be allowed into communities in the name of grazing.. the fact that they are bound to expand with time in future might have serious implications..
Re: FG To Begin Ruga Settlements In 11 States Where The Governors Have Consented by Nat404: 7:52am On Jun 29, 2019
In other countries, their leaders are talking about economy and technology. But in Nigeria, what they think about is cow, no wonder the country is in total disarray.

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Ministerial Nominees: Osunbor, Mohammed May Make List / Buhari Sends Atiku To SA To Lobby Zuma For Adesina.....premium Times.(PIX) / President Jonathan Is Behind Chibok Abduction – Tinubu

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.