Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,812 members, 7,820,848 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 11:10 PM

2023: It’s Impossible For Southern Christian To Become President – Abdulrahman, - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / 2023: It’s Impossible For Southern Christian To Become President – Abdulrahman, (3009 Views)

Worst Southern Christian Better Than PURITANICAL Northern Muslim – Shettima / 2023: It’s Impossible – Dele Momodu Says Peter Obi Will Never Win The Election / No To Southern Christian. If You Vote Obi, You Are Voting For Biafra - Cleric (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

2023: It’s Impossible For Southern Christian To Become President – Abdulrahman, by irepnaija4eva(m): 11:42am On Jun 30, 2019
[/b]Former Secretary of the Political Committee of the Arewa Consultative Forum (ACF), Alhaji Mohammed Abdulrahman, is not a person who makes pretenses. A political analyst of the old stock and one of the founders of the Northern Elders Forum (NEF) headed by the late Abdulrahman Okene, in this interview says Nigeria’s presidency in 2023 can’t go to a southern Christian, adding that only a southern Muslim not in the mould of the All Progressives Congress (APC) National Leader, Bola Ahmed Tinubu can be president of Nigeria.[b]

To Abdulrahman, an International Security Surveillance expert, who also worked closely with the late Generals Shehu Musa Yar’Adua, Sani Abacha and military President, Ibrahim Babangida, Tinubu should think no more of becoming Nigeria’s president, “unless as president of Oduduwa Republic.”

He also spoke on the chances of the Igbo in the 2023 presidential race and how Nigeria can achieve peace. Excerpt:

Where do you stand on Nigeria’s presidency in 2023?

You see where I stand with regards to the 2023 presidency is that …remember that Chief Obafemi Awolowo said long time ago that the children of the poor who have been neglected will be so powerful that they will revolt against the government and stop the government from operating. I think that Bola Tinubu cannot be president of Nigeria. He will not be unless as president of Oduduwa Republic. That is the way I see it. Buhari will still be president, but if he is not careful with the cabinet he is trying to set up and the quarrel with the Southeast that they did not vote him and as such they would not be included, it is going to be hell because they need to do something. Buhari’s government needs to stop cattle herders and Boko Haram. They need to put back life in Nigeria the way we used to drive in our vehicles to Abuja and back. They need to clear the road from Abuja to Kaduna. But let me tell you that the South and North issue has to do with religion. A Muslim Yoruba can be president of Nigeria, but Tinubu is ChrisMus. You know what ChrisMus is? It means somebody who is a Christian and a Muslim. Tinubu is ChrisMus. He may be the son of Iyaoloja, but he is not in control now of the real Lagos people who do the voting. There is still going to be hell in Nigeria if the government does not thread softly. How we are going to get a Muslim Yoruba is what is going to make a southerner be president of Nigeria as one country. A southern Christian cannot be president of Nigeria. That is why Abiola won election even in Kano. I hope you still remember how we handled the Abiola issue when I was very close to Abacha. It is impossible as I see it for a Christian to be president of Nigeria now. For now, it is impossible, certainly not in 2023. The man who was coasting home to victory in APC, Rochas Okorocha; he stood well for APC and they tried to push him out because he was becoming so popular. He has Rochas Foundation, he was well vast in Sokoto, Kano and all these places, he is now being pulled by the tongue to have his action with this government. It is only a real Southwest Muslim that can win election and become president of Nigeria, but not Tinubu because he is double faced. Tinubu is a double-faced Muslim. Sometimes you begin to wonder whether he is a Christian or a Muslim. That is left to God.

How can Nigeria achieve peace?

Nigeria is going to be in a roller coaster thunderstorm form for few months and something is going to happen. I am not going to say it with my mouth. You won’t hear it from my mouth. But do you know the reason I am supporting Buhari today? I met Buhari in Kano when he was governor of Northeast at that time when he marched through Niger and almost killed all of them. He used his troop to overrun the place. Even France had to intervene to try to get Chad out of the grips of Muhammadu Buhari. We met at a guesthouse along Hadeija road owned by Sani Buhari Daura, my brother-in-law who was married to my sister. We met there and I told him he would be president of Nigeria. The feat you have achieved will make you the president and I will always work for you. You are a righteous and powerful man and you will make Nigeria work. And this is what I have been doing supporting Buhari quietly and secretly. Those of us supporting Buhari know what we are seeing. But the people around the presidency will never allow people like Abdulrahman Mohammed to be close to the presidency. Making the heads of the three arms of government to come from one section of the country portends danger for the nation. It doesn’t portend peace for Nigeria. The person that I see will play a roll in the annals of Nigeria…write this down Kenny is Lieutenant General Abdulrahman Bello Dambazau. He is going to hold the Army in control. When there is turbulence in the leadership in Nigeria, all these Buratai and others he is going to deal with them. Dambazau is a professor of criminology. Are you aware of that? Tell the people now. He is a retired General and he holds the traditional title of Baraden Kano. He is a computer in the brain. He reads everybody’s mind just like Odekunle did in the Abacha government; only they ended up in the Kuru investigation of Al-Mustapha or so. It will not happen again. Dambazau is the saviour of Nigeria. He will make sure Nigeria survives. Another person that is going to play a roll…you know that quiet man during Obasanjo’s time that was the National Security Adviser, General Aliyu Gusau. You know Aliyu Gusau and Babangida are like twin brothers. Babangida took over the government because Buhari’s first coming wanted to probe Aliyu Gusau and had even removed his khaki at that time. And Buhari did not read the signal well; he was talking about the arrest of Maryam, the wife of Babangida and charged her for drugs. That’s what Buhari was telling us. But Aliyu Gusau is a very intelligent man. I think out of those of us that have intelligence in Nigeria, Aliyu Gusau is one of the best I have met. You know it is a piece of what happened that time that is happening now in Gusau. They have to make peace between Aliyu Gusau and Buhari or the Buhari people. They have to make peace. Babangida is crippled, but I still remember how Babangida wanted Pascal Bafyau to be running mate to Abiola and Kingibe eventually became running mate to Abiola. Babangida told me in black and white that he was going to annul the election if that happened. I monitored the SDP primary election in Jos and the moment Kingibe made sure that he was the one who became Abiola’s running mate I phoned Babangida and told him and he said the deed is done and the annulment happened. We run in circles my brother, but whatever is possible to bring Aliyu Gusau and Buhari together is what is going to bring peace to Nigeria. You can quote me. Aliyu Gusau can help them stop this insurgency. But those who are using this insurgency for food will not want it to stop immediately. They will not want to destroy the cattle herders and Boko Haram easily. Get Aliyu Gusau and Buhari on the negotiation table. If they do that and make sure Dambazau is with them they will find a way of sorting out this issue. Then there will be a civilian government and there will be a Yoruba that is vast and has the knowledge of governance and will be able to make a president that will usher in peace for Nigeria in 2023, not Tinubu. Tinubu is a businessman. It is his pocket he is looking at. The problem with Yoruba land is because Tinubu and Osinbajo are in a contest of who the wealthiest Yoruba leader is going to be in Nigeria. Can that lead us to anywhere? It cannot. So, let them get Aliyu Gusau and Buhari with Dambazau in attendance to hold meetings. You remember Kayode Are was the National Security Adviser briefly when Obasanjo was president. We told Obasanjo to remove him, that Aliyu Gusau will make a better National Security Adviser. But he did not listen. I love Aliyu Gusau. I like Dambazzau to a point of fault. So, let them get Aliyu Gusau and Buhari on the negotiation table about Nigeria. Give them a long time to work out peace and get a Yoruba man that they have known in all these imbroglio in the Southwest that is going on, bring this man in even if he has never been governor before, but they know that he has done a lot of things before, a man with Awolowo’s sense and has learnt from Awolowo’s school of politics like Sardauna did. Listen to me and write this down, did Aliyu Gusau not stay and work in Ibadan? He was GOC in Ibadan. So Aliyu Gusau knows the real core Yorubas. Aliyu Gusau knows them. Tinubu cannot become Nigeria president unless in Oduduwa Republic, which they are trying to do now by floating the Oduduwa currency. All these are nonsense that they are doing. They are further trying to break Nigeria. I don’t want Nigeria to break. If Nigeria will be one country it will be in the hands of Dambazzau and Aliyu Gusau. Buhari is committed, Aliyu Gusau is committed and Dambazzau is committed. That I know. Babagana Kingibe is as committed as his intelligence gives him because in the NIA he was taught so many things and he became a spy. But complete commitment to Nigeria, even as Abiola’s running mate he was not committed. In this GCON he was given they were working on his intelligence. Buhari has wisdom working for him. There can be a Yoruba man that will be selected. At the time the Lagos group was trying to pity Abiola I knew what happened. Not everybody has the ability to think for Nigeria and she becomes a country. Like I said it requires commitment and sense of judgment. I respect Buhari a lot. I respect Aliyu Gusau a lot and I respect Dambazzau a lot. Those are the three people that hold the key to peace and governance in Nigeria. But we do not want a government supported under the cover of terrorism and loss of lives and blood flowing on the streets to rule Nigeria. They will not succeed. Blood flowing on the streets of Nigeria; you cannot go from Abuja to Kaduna, you can even be trailed and threatened to be hijacked. Buhari can only succeed if that stops and people are going to return to driving on the road peacefully to Abuja and back and move freely, then this government can survive. But that blood will continue and government will continue to be threatened. But my support for Buhari is total.

Abiola had his faults.

Leave all this talk about complex conspiracy against Abiola. Abiola too had his faults. You remember when Tempo and other newspapers were operating from the trenches. I know Abiola and Abacha personally. Abiola wanted to bring in Kola Abiola and the rest of them, the Oduduwa into power in Nigeria’s power bloc and block the Muslim North out of control in the presidency, which the North will never take. The North will never take that. Who will allow anybody to do that? The declaration he made at Epetedo was what caused it and exposed them. We were working there and all the time we were advising Babangida we meant well. All the time I was advising Abacha I meant well. When I advised Jonathan about many things his group schemed me out and some people stole my compensation, about N10 million up till today they have not paid me. They used my brain and took the money. So, all I am saying now is quickly get Aliyu Gusau and Buhari on the negotiating table and like I told you Abdulrahman Dambazzau, Baraden Kano and Minister of Interior should be there. That is when they will find solution to what will happen in Nigeria.

Igbo, not a political force by number

An Igbo presidency cannot be possible as long as IPOB, Biafra and all that…they keep on distracting themselves and they do not know what they want. They should not think of the presidency of Nigeria; not for now. Is there going to be an Igbo Muslim? Do you ever foresee…there are many Igbo Muslims. We even have Igbo Muslim leaders and clerics in Igbo land, but they are not politicians. It is politicians that can run for the leadership of Nigeria. So forget it; they will keep on disturbing each other and fighting each other. You are talking of justice and fairness. Fair enough, but the presidency of Nigeria is not akara that they distribute. The presidency of Nigeria takes dedication and commitment. For now they are committed to Biafra. If not how can small boys stop them from thinking about whether or not they should stay at home because of Biafra. Igbo is Igbo right from the colonial days. Igbo try to dominate their environment in everything. That’s why they are everywhere in Nigeria. In trying to do so they have forgotten that since amalgamation, politics is a game of numbers. How many Igbo exist? Are they a political force by numbers? Politics is played by numbers and voters unless it is going to be rigged. Igbo are businessmen; they are not politicians. Even the Igbo Muslims are businessmen; they are not politicians. So, how is Igbo presidency possible? It is not possible. That Igbo is not president will not generate problems for Nigeria. Do they want the military to come back? Do they want a military government to have sense to live peacefully in Nigeria? Are they trying to drive us back to Ironsi’s time and we go in roller coaster in circles? Is that what they want Nigeria to become? Only those dedicated can be president of Nigeria if they have the commitment.

https://www.sunnewsonline.com/2023-its-impossible-for-southern-christian-to-become-president-abdulrahman-acf-stalwart/
Re: 2023: It’s Impossible For Southern Christian To Become President – Abdulrahman, by PentiumPro(f): 11:50am On Jun 30, 2019
Another almajiri bastard that can’t even become a councilor in his LG

Meanwhile watch as the children of hate from the the erosion damaged land dance around Tinubu name.

4 Likes

Re: 2023: It’s Impossible For Southern Christian To Become President – Abdulrahman, by Corrosiveman(m): 11:59am On Jun 30, 2019
Lol which means the north wants to hold power
Re: 2023: It’s Impossible For Southern Christian To Become President – Abdulrahman, by Warship: 12:05pm On Jun 30, 2019
Well you guys should continue so that groups like Ohaneze can grow sense and join IPOB in actualizing Biafra

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: 2023: It’s Impossible For Southern Christian To Become President – Abdulrahman, by franchasng: 12:18pm On Jun 30, 2019
The man is inconsistent with his gibberish!

I blame Yorubas for all these, if not, why would great Igbos remain as one nation with people of low IQ like this Abookiina angry

13 Likes 1 Share

Re: 2023: It’s Impossible For Southern Christian To Become President – Abdulrahman, by bastardmod: 12:55pm On Jun 30, 2019
Hopeless bastard that belongs to the blood sucking religion off terrorists. Useless old psychiatric fool, see how your cursed mother is carrying pans and begging for peanuts and you use your smelly unwashed gutter of a mouth to vomit senselessness. Idiot, it's your useless mother that doesn't take her bath that should be your concern, not igbos.

1 Like

Re: 2023: It’s Impossible For Southern Christian To Become President – Abdulrahman, by mrnigerdelta: 1:13pm On Jun 30, 2019
this man is an idiot

4 Likes

Re: 2023: It’s Impossible For Southern Christian To Become President – Abdulrahman, by Nobody: 1:23pm On Jun 30, 2019
franchasng:

I blame Yorubas for all these, if not, why would great Igbos remain as one nation with people of low IQ like this Abookiina angry
What are you blaming Yoruba for exactly? Can you please tell me

2 Likes

Re: 2023: It’s Impossible For Southern Christian To Become President – Abdulrahman, by gwanggaeto(m): 1:28pm On Jun 30, 2019
If he says so, then that is the end of Northern Muslims rule in Nigeria because Christians from all Geopolitical Zone will vote for only Christian presidents, let see how Muslims will win in Nigeria..because Christians have sizeable populations in all states in Nigeria.

We will scheme them all out of the equations and let me see how they can open there mouth to yarn this nonsense again.....

For Your Building Painting Projects. choose Bright Weather paints...we are manufacturer of High Quality Bright weather Paints.....

1 Like

Re: 2023: It’s Impossible For Southern Christian To Become President – Abdulrahman, by TooMuchStuff: 1:39pm On Jun 30, 2019
When he doesn't know whether there would be Nigeria in 2023 or not .... Awon Parasites.

Na awuff Oil Money that belongs to Niger Deltans dey shak the fool.

This man is just another quota system parasitic bastard that is meant for the gutters. How can I be sharing the same country with a dullard like this?

7 Likes

Re: 2023: It’s Impossible For Southern Christian To Become President – Abdulrahman, by celeiyke: 1:41pm On Jun 30, 2019
Foolish man

1 Like

Re: 2023: It’s Impossible For Southern Christian To Become President – Abdulrahman, by hammerF1: 1:45pm On Jun 30, 2019
U CAN SEE WHERE BUHARI HAVE TAKEN NIGERIA.

NIGERIA CANNOT LAST.

IT WONT LAST.

4 Likes

Re: 2023: It’s Impossible For Southern Christian To Become President – Abdulrahman, by stonemasonn: 1:55pm On Jun 30, 2019
Summary—- Buhari should negotiate with Gusau with the help of Dambazau to end Boko haram and herdsmen terrorism in Nigeria.

Abi Gusau and Dambazau get hand for this insecurity matter for northern Nigeria?

4 Likes

Re: 2023: It’s Impossible For Southern Christian To Become President – Abdulrahman, by lx3as(m): 2:13pm On Jun 30, 2019
franchasng:

Your ilks are our problem in the South.
You couldn't blame the northern man but the Yorubas! We are the ones that divide ourselves and allow this kind of person to be talking gibberish about Christians or Southerners.

I wish we could all unite for once down South!
The type of democracy we practice without true federalism is the worst for a multi ethnic country like Nigeria. We must put a stop to this.

3 Likes

Re: 2023: It’s Impossible For Southern Christian To Become President – Abdulrahman, by franchasng: 2:25pm On Jun 30, 2019
lx3as:

You ilks are our problem in the South.
You couldn't blame the northern man but the Yorubas! We are the ones that divide ourselves and allow this kind of person to be talking gibberish about Christians or Southerners.

The type of democracy we practice without true federalism is the worst for a multi ethnic country like Nigeria. We must put a stop to this.
Are you Igbo or Yoruba

The reason i said I don't blame him but Yorubas is because when Igbos make move to secede from Nigeria so as to avoid being in one nation with this half baked humans up north, Yorubas will start cursing and attacking Igbos and will rather join force with them up north just to get a temporary political favor or position from them, that is why I am pointing accusing fingers at Yorubas.

If Yorubas can make up their mind like Igbos, we can divide Nigeria so Northerners can go their way, and we can come back to form united region of Southern Nigeria between the remaining Southern states in Nigeria but first, Northerners must go their way first, they should join their brothers in Chad and Niger angry

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: 2023: It’s Impossible For Southern Christian To Become President – Abdulrahman, by Nobody: 2:38pm On Jun 30, 2019
lx3as:

You ilks are our problem in the South.

I am telling you bro, they blame nobody except themselves. If you check the history of Nigeria you will see that these guys are part of the people that brought us here and yet they always blame the Yoruba for everything.

They are two mouthed people that sometimes do not know exactly what they want. They are united in hate but sometimes it’s not always clear what exactly they want.

Judging from history, I will highlight the alliances formed between the Igbos and the Fulanis wherein the Yorubas are in opposition:

First republic 1963-1966 - Balewa and Azikiwe
Second republic 1979-1983 - Shagari and Ekwueme
Third republic was short lived

Fourth Republic- they voted for Obasanjo who at that time was the northern candidate, an example is just like the Yoruba voting for Okorocha that most Igbos don’t like in favor of Obi who they love.

Again, they voted for a Fulani man in Yar’Adua and heaven did not fall and no one called them double faced

Even during Jonathan era whom the Yorubas gave their vote in his first term, they made sure the sidelined the Yorubas and history is there to validate this even on this Nairaland.

Just once that the Yoruba aligned with the northerners, all hell let loose and they started shouting Fulani slaves and other deluded chants.

To even understand their level of utmost double faced life, they voted for Atiku, a Fulani Muslim and they still had the tenacity to accuse the Yorubas of voting a Fulani? Sometimes I just sit back and studies how a people can be double faced and unstable.

Now back to what the OP posted, the Hausa-Fulani guys understood the hate between the SW and SE, and as long as this persists, they will keep dominating. The earlier we all come back to the table and stop accusing each other of what we are both guilty of and try to forge a path together, the north will maintain dominance. That’s the principle of divide and rule and it is just common sense.

2 Likes

Re: 2023: It’s Impossible For Southern Christian To Become President – Abdulrahman, by chernest2002: 3:13pm On Jun 30, 2019
When we say they are islamizing Nigeria fools will attack us, have you fools now heard that one of your criteria to be a Nigerian president is that you must be a Muslim.

3 Likes

Re: 2023: It’s Impossible For Southern Christian To Become President – Abdulrahman, by Afospecialk: 4:14pm On Jun 30, 2019
You said all but truth is always bitter

We are only left with 2 options in 2023

Option 1 : Northerner president under PDP or APC
Option 2: SW president and must be a Muslim under APC

No SE/SS on the table by either PDP or APC

Tinubu is an intelligent nd altruistic leader who always aware about the need of the people nd will never risk to contest rather maintain his role as a king maker

Yoruba chance of producing president by 2023 would be great only by presenting a Muslim candidate like Fashola or other respectable personality

Its left for the SS/SE to chose who they want BTW a Yoruba president or a Fulani president

Yoruba chance in 2023 is 40%
Fulani chance in 2023 is 60%

SS/SE never exist in the Northerners politics
Re: 2023: It’s Impossible For Southern Christian To Become President – Abdulrahman, by kingzizzy: 4:16pm On Jun 30, 2019
Well it's good that people like him are talking so that some ignorant Igbos can understand that Nigeria is all about slavery to the North

3 Likes

Re: 2023: It’s Impossible For Southern Christian To Become President – Abdulrahman, by lx3as(m): 4:32pm On Jun 30, 2019
franchasng:
Are you Igbo or Yoruba

The reason i said I don't blame him but Yorubas is because when Igbos make move to secede from Nigeria so as to avoid being in one nation with this half baked humans up north, Yorubas will start cursing and attacking Igbos and will rather join force with them up north just to get a temporary political favor or position from them, that is why I am pointing accusing fingers at Yorubas.

If Yorubas can make up their mind like Igbos, we can divide Nigeria so Northerners can go their way, and we can come back to form united region of Southern Nigeria between the remaining Southern states in Nigeria but first, Northerners must go their way first, they should join their brothers in Chad and Niger angry

The Hausa/Fulani people are very wise in their own understanding. Their belief is that we can never unite down South because we'll keep blaming ourselves for the past and present. They mock us as we taunt ourselves everyday. We should summon great courage to forgive, forget the past and forge on to achieve our true independence through federalism, confederate or separate nations. Igbos had tried to leave and fought for over 30 months but still in the same position, the West is troubled by attacks by herdsmen in the bush and roads these days, we can't compare Niger Delta development with other oil producing areas of the world. These are few reasons we must come together once and for all, fight together and shame our common enemy. However, our politicians and some youths are our albatrosses. While some are very very selfish, some are already campaigning for another northerner after Buhari.

The northern men believe they will continue to use polygamous set up to increase their populations while we control our births down South. I don't subscribe to denying any part or group the opportunity to rule this nation, since she belongs to all of us. We can't just continue in this stupid democracy. One day we will wake up in the South and call a spade a spade! We should start by stop laying emphasis on ethinicity or religion and other unhealthy competitions. He was even saying someone's ChrisMus!
Re: 2023: It’s Impossible For Southern Christian To Become President – Abdulrahman, by mrvitalis(m): 4:37pm On Jun 30, 2019
lx3as:

The Hausa/Fulani people are very wise in their own understanding. Their belief is that we can never unite down South because we'll keep blaming ourselves for the past and present. They mock us as we taunt ourselves everyday. We should summon great courage to forgive, forget the past and forge on to achieve our true independence through federalism, confederate or separate nations. Igbos had tried to leave and fought for over 30 months but still in the same position, the West is troubled by attacks by herdsmen in the bush and roads these days, we can't compare Niger Delta development with other oil producing areas of the world. These are few reasons we must come together once and for all, fight together and shame our common enemy. However, our politicians and some youths are our albatrosses. Some already campaigning for another northerner after Buhari.

The northern men believe they will continue to use polygamous set up to increase their populations while we control our births down South. I don't subscribe to denying any part or group the opportunity to rule this nation, since she belongs to all of us. We can't just continue in this stupid democracy. One day we will wake up in the South and call a spade a spade! We should start by stop laying emphasis on ethinicity or religion and other unhealthy competitions. He was even saying someone's ChrisMus!
The only way to unite the south is for south west to pick and igbo candidate and support

Anything other than that its just story

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: 2023: It’s Impossible For Southern Christian To Become President – Abdulrahman, by mrvitalis(m): 4:39pm On Jun 30, 2019
Iblad0994:

I am telling you bro, they blame nobody except themselves. If you check the history of Nigeria you will see that these guys are part of the people that brought us here and yet they always blame the Yoruba for everything.

They are two mouthed people that sometimes do not know exactly what they want. They are united in hate but sometimes it’s not always clear what exactly they want.

Judging from history, I will highlight the alliances formed between the Igbos and the Fulanis wherein the Yorubas are in opposition:

First republic 1963-1966 - Balewa and Azikiwe
Second republic 1979-1983 - Shagari and Ekwueme
Third republic was short lived

Fourth Republic- they voted for Obasanjo who at that time was the northern candidate, an example is just like the Yoruba voting for Okorocha that most Igbos don’t like in favor of Obi who they love.

Again, they voted for a Fulani man in Yar’Adua and heaven did not fall and no one called them double faced

Even during Jonathan era whom the Yorubas gave their vote in his first term, they made sure the sidelined the Yorubas and history is there to validate this even on this Nairaland.

Just once that the Yoruba aligned with the northerners, all hell let loose and they started shouting Fulani slaves and other deluded chants.

To even understand their level of utmost double faced life, they voted for Atiku, a Fulani Muslim and they still had the tenacity to accuse the Yorubas of voting a Fulani? Sometimes I just sit back and studies how a people can be double faced and unstable.

Now back to what the OP posted, the Hausa-Fulani guys understood the hate between the SW and SE, and as long as this persists, they will keep dominating. The earlier we all come back to the table and stop accusing each other of what we are both guilty of and try to forge a path together, the north will maintain dominance. That’s the principle of divide and rule and it is just common sense.

Tomorrow same you would say igbos should play national politics and build bridge

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: 2023: It’s Impossible For Southern Christian To Become President – Abdulrahman, by yomi962: 4:53pm On Jun 30, 2019
stonemasonn:
Summary—- Buhari should negotiate with Gusau with the help of Dambazau to end Boko haram and herdsmen terrorism in Nigeria.

Abi Gusau and Dambazau get hand for this insecurity matter for northern Nigeria?
is it not obvious, these people sabi themselves
Re: 2023: It’s Impossible For Southern Christian To Become President – Abdulrahman, by lx3as(m): 4:57pm On Jun 30, 2019
mrvitalis:

The only way to unite the south is for south west to pick and igbo candidate and support

Anything other than that its just story

Yeah, but we must start somewhere.
Igbos are mainly in PDP with great hatred for APC, even for their own people in the party; while most Yorubas support APC.

What makes Yorubas a bit successful in 1999 by presenting Obasanjo and Falae was because of unjust treatment of Abiola and his given mandate. Even till now, there are lots of northerners' investments in the South West and these people, e.g, Dangote, Dantata, Indimi, Isiaka Rabiu, etc., have lots of influence among northern cabals. They'll always give in to some Yorubas' demands, including the presidency.

Igbos must unite first and genuinely reach out to others. There should also be lots of established pressures on the ruling cabals using their advantages in many areas.
Re: 2023: It’s Impossible For Southern Christian To Become President – Abdulrahman, by mrvitalis(m): 4:59pm On Jun 30, 2019
lx3as:

Yeah, but we must start somewhere.
Igbos are mainly in PDP with great hatred for APC, even for their own people in the party; while most Yorubas support APC.

What makes Yorubas a bit successful in 1999 by presenting Obasanjo and Falae was because of unjust treatment of Abiola and his given mandate. Even till now, there are lots of northerners' investments in the South West and these people, e.g, Dangote, Dantata, Indimi, Isiaka Rabiu, etc., have lots of influence among northern cabals. They'll always give in to some Yorubas' demands, including the presidency.

Igbos must unite first and genuinely reach out to others. There should also be lots of established pressures on the ruling cabals using their advantages in many areas.
Igbos are united

5 Likes

Re: 2023: It’s Impossible For Southern Christian To Become President – Abdulrahman, by lx3as(m): 5:03pm On Jun 30, 2019
mrvitalis:

Igbos are united

Cool then.

I don't just understand how a major group will be kept out of the presidency.

I learnt a lot from Oromo people of Ethiopia; they finally produced the current Prime Minister of Ethiopia.
Re: 2023: It’s Impossible For Southern Christian To Become President – Abdulrahman, by mrvitalis(m): 5:07pm On Jun 30, 2019
lx3as:

Cool then.

I don't just understand how a major group will be kept out of the presidency.

I learnt a lot from Oromo people of Ethiopia; they finally produced the current Prime Minister of Ethiopia.
We have 3 big groups in nigeria once two agree they win , igbos and yorubas agreed in 2011 on jonathan they won

Yorubas supported the north they won

Now igbos are asking for western support or they too support the north against the south

Its simple ...where ever igbos and yorubas vote middle belt and south south vote with a large part of north east

3 Likes

Re: 2023: It’s Impossible For Southern Christian To Become President – Abdulrahman, by eagleeye2: 5:11pm On Jun 30, 2019
I hope it's also impossible for Southern Christian States to benefit from Ruga.... I don't really care about the presidency and I believe this sentiment is shared by many from my side.
Re: 2023: It’s Impossible For Southern Christian To Become President – Abdulrahman, by johnmartus(m): 6:02pm On Jun 30, 2019
His argument is vague.
Re: 2023: It’s Impossible For Southern Christian To Become President – Abdulrahman, by Nobody: 6:03pm On Jun 30, 2019
mrvitalis:

Tomorrow same you would say igbos should play national politics and build bridge
Bro it’s seems you are not getting the point. To be honest and in all sincerity I think the Igbos deserve the presidency in 2023. But can you ask yourself what exactly the Igbos benefited from PDP since 1999?

We are in a democracy and currently in Nigeria we have a two party system of APC and PDP. In the PDP the Igbos have a better chance of being the president provided they can vie for the post, but looking at situations now, they are even scared of vieing for the PDP slot because they have burnt too many bridges and are afraid to fail? Why should the almighty brave Igbos fear to come out as a president under PDP and the coward Yorubas are projecting themselves already for APC.

That is where the burning of national bridge comes into place, I don’t believe the Igbos are not united as people say, infact the Igbos are the most united tribe in Nigeria just that their unity lacks direction coz they unite in hate and could not see the bigger picture.

Even in 2011, when the Southwest was majorly ACN, Tinubu collected money From Ribadu then, but Southwest state gave PDP a win except Osun state. That is how a tribe plays politics. You do not demonize a whole party by propaganda and expect love when all you do is share hate.

Not that the Yorubas ain’t united, but they have mastered the game of politics where they don’t put all eggs in one basket, check the 2019 election to see how the Yorubas reason, it’s almost 45% for Atiku even with an Obi vice on the ballot.

Igbos should not be afraid to contest, the first step is to bring someone out in PDP, even if you will fail at least you should try.

I do wish you guys can be president and at least maybe we can all live in unison again and stop this constant attack on ourselves. We should be angry with the north and not SE and SW argument all the time.

2 Likes

Re: 2023: It’s Impossible For Southern Christian To Become President – Abdulrahman, by mrvitalis(m): 6:22pm On Jun 30, 2019
Iblad0994:

Bro it’s seems you are not getting the point. To be honest and in all sincerity I think the Igbos deserve the presidency in 2023. But can you ask yourself what exactly the Igbos benefited from PDP since 1999?

We are in a democracy and currently in Nigeria we have a two party system of APC and PDP. In the PDP the Igbos have a better chance of being the president provided they can vie for the post, but looking at situations now, they are even scared of vieing for the PDP slot because they have burnt too many bridges and are afraid to fail? Why should the almighty brave Igbos fear to come out as a president under PDP and the coward Yorubas are projecting themselves already for APC.

That is where the burning of national bridge comes into place, I don’t believe the Igbos are not united as people say, infact the Igbos are the most united tribe in Nigeria just that their unity lacks direction coz they unite in hate and could not see the bigger picture.

Even in 2011, when the Southwest was majorly ACN, Tinubu collected money From Ribadu then, but Southwest state gave PDP a win except Osun state. That is how a tribe plays politics. You do not demonize a whole party by propaganda and expect love when all you do is share hate.

Not that the Yorubas ain’t united, but they have mastered the game of politics where they don’t put all eggs in one basket, check the 2019 election to see how the Yorubas reason, it’s almost 45% for Atiku even with an Obi vice on the ballot.

Igbos should not be afraid to contest, the first step is to bring someone out in PDP, even if you will fail at least you should try.

I do wish you guys can be president and at least maybe we can all live in unison again and stop this constant attack on ourselves. We should be angry with the north and not SE and SW argument all the time.

Igbos have not burnt any bridge ,nither south west and south east can be president without the backing of the other north knows that

The igbo can get pdp ticket while west get apc ticket ...north would just form a new party and take it ...either way north wins

The truth is south west and there leaders dont care about southern unity ...when PDP take over in 2023 then igbos wont make same mistake apc south west did

We would extand hands to them ,give them positions unite the south then contest when the time is right

3 Likes

Re: 2023: It’s Impossible For Southern Christian To Become President – Abdulrahman, by Nobody: 6:27pm On Jun 30, 2019
mrvitalis:

Igbos have not burnt any bridge ,nither south west and south east can be president without the backing of the other north knows that

The igbo can get pdp ticket while west get apc ticket ...north would just form a new party and take it ...either way north wins

The truth is south west and there leaders dont care about southern unity ...when PDP take over in 2023 then igbos wont make same mistake apc south west did

We would extand hands to them ,give them positions unite the south then contest when the time is right
@the bolded, the statement is false. The North will never forge another party and even if they form a new party, they can never get the presidency with that.

While it is true that no one can be the president without the alliance of two major tribe, but the north is not that mighty to win it by themselves.

(1) (2) (Reply)

National Livestock Transformation Plan (NLTP) = RUGA 2.0. / Crisis Begins After ABBA Kyari's Death, As The Cabal Fight Over Oil Bloc, OPL 11 / See What A Prophet Was Doing In Aba City Road- PICTURES

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 128
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.