Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,477 members, 7,823,111 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 01:36 AM

Police Assure Of Security In Lagos! - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Police Assure Of Security In Lagos! (1841 Views)

Nima Elbagir Enters Sambisa Forest With The Aid Of Security Personnel. Photos / MTN Foundation Donates Vehicles To Ambode To Help Boost Security In Lagos(Pics) / Presidency Orders Withdrawal Of Security Personnel From Politicians (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Police Assure Of Security In Lagos! by Nobody: 1:54am On Oct 08, 2010
[size=18pt]Police assure of security in Lagos[/size]

THE police have assured residents of Lagos of full security in the state.The assurance from the command was sequel to an alleged explosion last Monday at the Ijanikin area of Lagos.

The command said that the anti-bomb surveillance unit of the command was all over the metropolis on intelligence mission with a view to averting such scenario.

Acting Police spokesman, Mr. Samuel Jinadu, a Deputy Superintendent of Police (DSP), told The Guardian that the police would ensure security in the state, deny the occurrence of any explosion in the state.

"There was no bomb blast in Ijanikin, Lagos State. Investigation is still on, but preliminary investigation revealed that it was fireworks sound and not an explosion. Anti-bomb squad visited the scene of the incident," Jinadu said. The police spokesman was however silent on whether any suspect had been arrested over the incident.

Urging Lagos residents to go about their duties without fear, Jinadu said: "The security in Lagos is water-tight. The public is hereby enjoined to go about their duties as adequate security measures have been put in place to protect lives and property."

A heavy noise, which sounded like an explosion caused commuters and passers-by at Ijanikin to panic in the area on Monday.

Meanwhile, a statement made available to some reporters in Calabar and signed by the National President of South-South Democratic Voice (SSDV), Mr. Lord Silver, said the bombing in Abuja was an act of "sabotage and terrorism".

He said the Federal Government "must do everything in its powers to put a stop to it and check unnecessary kidnapping that has been going on in the country, especially in the South East and South South."

According to him, "this recent bombing has serious political involvement and big names are involved hence the government should not hesitate to fish out and make public, names of culprits.

"The SSDV is not happy with the way some politicians are ridiculing the office of the president by playing politics with the issue of the Abuja bomb blast.

"We are advising these politicians to stop this act and give the office of the president the respect it deserves," he said.

He said "although, we condemned the act of terrorism in our country, the office of the president should not be brought down to a mess for cheap political popularity. When this happens the country as a whole suffers.

"The President is the Chief Security Officer of this nation, so he cannot be saying things on issues as serious as bomb blast without facts. The fact that a faction of MEND claimed responsibility and another is denying is not enough for him to say otherwise.

"Please, allow the president to carry out a full investigation into this matter and other issues like the spread of kidnapping going around the country", he said.

Silver, however, warned that "the people of the South-South will not fold their arms and watch any group of persons or politicians trying to take us back. Nigeria at 50 has suffered enough and it is time we allow the government of President Jonathan focus and turn things around for Nigerians".

I am sure that this duty is as much as yours and mine because you already received victory from our Lord Jesus Christ to spread the gospel and professing Christianity as it is in today's world

http://odili.net/news/source/2010/oct/7/1.html
Re: Police Assure Of Security In Lagos! by IbrahimB: 2:08am On Oct 08, 2010
The police should first assure us that we are safe from them. After that, they can assure us on anything else ~
Re: Police Assure Of Security In Lagos! by Nobody: 2:09am On Oct 08, 2010
IbrahimB:

The police should first assure us that we are safe from them. After that, they can assure us on anything else ~

ROTFLMAO!!! True that grin grin grin
Re: Police Assure Of Security In Lagos! by Dsense(m): 2:14am On Oct 08, 2010
Ileke-IdI:

ROTFLMAO!!! True that grin grin grin
though i didn't read ur thread but still gonna comment .Yes it's true u re right bout dat'' lol
Re: Police Assure Of Security In Lagos! by Nobody: 2:18am On Oct 08, 2010
lol wink
Re: Police Assure Of Security In Lagos! by Dsense(m): 2:20am On Oct 08, 2010
Ileke-IdI:

lol wink
Ki lo de ton she bayi nau.can't u come on skype? embarassed embarassed embarassed embarassed embarassed embarassed embarassed embarassed embarassed embarassed embarassed embarassed
Re: Police Assure Of Security In Lagos! by AloyEmeka5: 2:21am On Oct 08, 2010
Same police who impregnates their daughters?. Let them assure their daughters of their safety first before us.
Re: Police Assure Of Security In Lagos! by Nobody: 5:10am On Oct 08, 2010
D-sense:

Ki lo de ton she bayi nau.can't u come on skype? embarassed embarassed embarassed embarassed embarassed embarassed embarassed embarassed embarassed embarassed embarassed embarassed
embarassed embarassed embarassed
Catching up on my missed days of classes lol

Aloy+Emeka:

Same police who impregnates their daughters?. Let them assure their daughters of their safety first before us.
Aunty Funmi, why u grouping the good police with the bad ones? undecided
Re: Police Assure Of Security In Lagos! by Nobody: 5:48am On Oct 08, 2010
Ileke-IdI:

embarassed embarassed embarassed

Aunty Funmi, why u grouping the [b]good police [/b]with the bad ones? undecided

nigerian oxymoron
Re: Police Assure Of Security In Lagos! by Nobody: 5:51am On Oct 08, 2010
oyb:

nigerian oxymoron
kilo oxymoron lara e? grin
I'm willing to think that there's a group of good minded Nigerian police out there. My aunt/my uncle are parts of the good ones tongue tongue
Re: Police Assure Of Security In Lagos! by fyneguy: 7:42am On Oct 08, 2010
D-sense:

Bros, wetin u want from my sista? Fi Ileke-bum sile o. Ko face topic
Re: Police Assure Of Security In Lagos! by JakeB: 7:55am On Oct 08, 2010
see https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-527450.0.html to join the 1 million posts against IBB
Re: Police Assure Of Security In Lagos! by wale4x35(m): 1:06pm On Oct 08, 2010
Police assuring security  angry angry angry angry

Im speechless
Re: Police Assure Of Security In Lagos! by Dsense(m): 1:23pm On Oct 08, 2010
fyneguy:

Bros, wetin u want from my sista? Fi Ileke-bum sile o. Ko face topic
Who is ur sista nd where is she Better face what u re u here for tongue tongue
Re: Police Assure Of Security In Lagos! by Merrybells(m): 1:43pm On Oct 08, 2010
Aloy+Emeka:

"Oloun ma je n rogun Olopa oooo"  Let them preach this to those school kids from Abia State, that raped to death female NYSC at Maiduguri, or the one God saved by NYSC prayers and fasting at Rivers. Abeg, abeg, abeg,
Re: Police Assure Of Security In Lagos! by SHEAU(m): 2:23pm On Oct 08, 2010
water-tight security ko, water-leak security ni! By the way, whos the there spokesperson? has MBA being sacked?
Re: Police Assure Of Security In Lagos! by SABalogun: 3:17pm On Oct 08, 2010
Police again.
Re: Police Assure Of Security In Lagos! by seedord247(m): 9:40am On Oct 09, 2010
Devil won save uuuuuuuu from demons
Re: Police Assure Of Security In Lagos! by egift(m): 7:40pm On Oct 09, 2010
If na Police > security Hell NO

You will be better left on your own grin grin grin
Re: Police Assure Of Security In Lagos! by diehard1: 3:19pm On Oct 10, 2010
Security from police? Na them go first run away incase of any emergency.Na only =N=20 security dem fit give to those dat pay toll at check points grin grin grin grin
Re: Police Assure Of Security In Lagos! by montelik(m): 3:49pm On Oct 10, 2010
IbrahimB:

LWKMD grin grin
Re: Police Assure Of Security In Lagos! by Nobody: 3:50pm On Oct 10, 2010
diehard1:

Security from police? [b]Na them go first run away incase of any emergency.[/b]Na  only =N=20 security dem fit give to those dat pay toll at check points  grin grin grin grin

My brother, na true you talk
Re: Police Assure Of Security In Lagos! by jason12345: 8:55pm On Oct 10, 2010
ileke-idi. i think we have met before. i think it was some yrs back. can you remember some two guys on the plane (twins). you said you were going to ekiti from the lagos airport, or i might be mistaken

(1) (Reply)

Police Invade Court , Re-arrest Acn Gubernatorial Candidate / Un Holds Memorial Service For Victims Of Abuja Bombing / So President Goodluck Jonathan Paid $1million For Jay Z And Beyonce’s Visit

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.