Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,163,056 members, 7,852,581 topics. Date: Thursday, 06 June 2024 at 08:50 PM

Ruga Settlements: Our Deal With Herdsmen, By South East Govs {chief David Umahi} - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Ruga Settlements: Our Deal With Herdsmen, By South East Govs {chief David Umahi} (1708 Views)

FG To Begin Ruga Settlements In 11 States Where The Governors Have Consented / Ruga Settlements For Herdsmen: Shehu Sani Reacts To FG's Plan / Ruga Settlements For Herdsmen: South-East Governors, Ortom, Ishaku, Reject It (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Ruga Settlements: Our Deal With Herdsmen, By South East Govs {chief David Umahi} by Myhoneypie(f): 9:19pm On Jun 30, 2019
As reactions continue to trail the federal government’s proposal for establishment of Ruga settlements in some states, the South East Governors Forum has disclosed its proposed deal with the members of the Miyetti Allah as panecea to achieving lasting peace among farmers and herdsmen.

Chairman of the South East Governors Forum and Governor of Ebonyi State, Chief David Umahi, said though there is no plan for any Ruga settlement in any part of South East and South South, the zones can make a very good business with sale of grasses to the herdsmen in exchange for meat.

Umahi, who spoke through his Chief Press Secretary, Emmanuel Uzor, said there will be no part of the South East that will be given out for establishment of Ruga.

He noted the zone is purely agrarian with limited landmass for farming and therefore cannot accommodate Ruga.

Umahi, according to the statement, said the zone actually proposed a deal with MACBAN to take their cattle to the Northern parts where grazing reserve was established long time ago and rely completely on the grasses grown in the South for feeding of their cattle.

Umahi, who was chairman Technical Committee on Farmers and Herdsmen clash carved from the federal Economic Council under the chairmanship of the Vice President, Prof Yemi Osinbajo made a recommendation for revamping of the already existing grazing reserve in various parts of the North to enable farmers have unhindered access to their farmlands while herdsmen rely solely on proceeds from the farmers.

Explaining how the deal will work, the governor said: “The way it works is that the herdsmen will bring down their cows to the South East and sell us as meat while they will load the grasses which are grown here in the same trailer with which they transported their cows to feed their cattle in those grazing reserve which should be made comfortable for them.“

The statement also quoted Umahi as saying that with this proposed deal, herdsmen are expected to embrace anti- open grazing by returning to the ranches in the north and do their business on the trade- by- barter basis of selling cows to the south and buying grass to feed their cows in the north.

Get more here https://thickmatch.com/ruga-deal-herdsmen-south-east-govs-chief-david-umahi/

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ruga Settlements: Our Deal With Herdsmen, By South East Govs {chief David Umahi} by Quorax: 9:30pm On Jun 30, 2019
It seems this igbo governors would love to join their ancestors so soon... this is no joke. This time around, igbos will first deal with South East governors before anything... I am sure Nnamdi Kanu is waiting to for them.

If you are an igbo person reading this, I urge you, before you attack anybody outside Igbo land, first deal with the SE governors... kill them if it comes to that. You must protect your ancestral land no matter what.

8 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Ruga Settlements: Our Deal With Herdsmen, By South East Govs {chief David Umahi} by emmydiamon(m): 9:32pm On Jun 30, 2019
I see no reason why they dont take their Ruga settlement to the north where there are enough land.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ruga Settlements: Our Deal With Herdsmen, By South East Govs {chief David Umahi} by helinues: 9:33pm On Jun 30, 2019
Not a bad proposal.. Ruga settlements is not a must for states.

The herders do not even need to bring any fresh cow to SS/SE in exchange for just grass. Na grass scarce reach so?

Let each state /region in SE/SS starts cow rearing business.. That's the permanent solutions

7 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Ruga Settlements: Our Deal With Herdsmen, By South East Govs {chief David Umahi} by sweetonugbu: 9:37pm On Jun 30, 2019
wonderful proposal
Re: Ruga Settlements: Our Deal With Herdsmen, By South East Govs {chief David Umahi} by onamch: 9:42pm On Jun 30, 2019
Sell your meat to me and buy my grass. Good proposal.
Re: Ruga Settlements: Our Deal With Herdsmen, By South East Govs {chief David Umahi} by Upton: 9:44pm On Jun 30, 2019
Great!!!!
Re: Ruga Settlements: Our Deal With Herdsmen, By South East Govs {chief David Umahi} by OfficialAPCNig: 9:52pm On Jun 30, 2019
Quorax:
It seems this igbo governors would love to join their ancestors so soon... this is no joke. This time around, igbos will first deal with South East governors before anything... I am sure Nnamdi Kanu is waiting to for them.

If you are an igbo person reading this, I urge you, before you attack anybody outside Igbo land, first deal with the SE governors... kill them if it comes to that. You must protect your ancestral land no matter what.
Read boss.
Re: Ruga Settlements: Our Deal With Herdsmen, By South East Govs {chief David Umahi} by Quorax: 9:56pm On Jun 30, 2019
OfficialAPCNig:

Read boss.
Ii do not trust any of these south east governors... none. They are betrayals.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ruga Settlements: Our Deal With Herdsmen, By South East Govs {chief David Umahi} by OfficialAPCNig: 10:01pm On Jun 30, 2019
Quorax:
Ii do not trust any of these south east governors... none. They are betrayals.
Ok, I trust them.

Our position is simple, NO RUGA.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Ruga Settlements: Our Deal With Herdsmen, By South East Govs {chief David Umahi} by Nobody: 10:04pm On Jun 30, 2019
Love this... waiting for SW
Re: Ruga Settlements: Our Deal With Herdsmen, By South East Govs {chief David Umahi} by lilfreezy: 10:17pm On Jun 30, 2019
Omo see leveeeeels! Make i go dey plant grass wey i go dey sell to Fulanis. Business don land grin

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ruga Settlements: Our Deal With Herdsmen, By South East Govs {chief David Umahi} by Truthwords: 10:21pm On Jun 30, 2019
Selling grass to terrorists does not stop them from terrorising people. Let nobody do any form of business with fulani Killer herdsmen

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Ruga Settlements: Our Deal With Herdsmen, By South East Govs {chief David Umahi} by hammerF1: 10:22pm On Jun 30, 2019
THEM NEVER SABI NDIIGBO.

U THINK U CAN FOOL US AND DEN FROM RUGA, U START KILLING US, WHILST U BREED LIKE RAT TO OUT NUMBER US.

WE KNOW EXACTLY WAT U WANT TO DO, NNAMDI KANU TOLD U ABOUT YOUR PLAN YEARS BACK, EVEN BEFORE U HAD THOUGHT OF IT.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ruga Settlements: Our Deal With Herdsmen, By South East Govs {chief David Umahi} by hammerF1: 10:27pm On Jun 30, 2019
Quorax:

GUY, UR OWN PARA NA NEXT LEVEL, U DID NOT EVEN READ THE ARTICLE, U DON VEX.

I KNOW, SE GOVS SOMETIMES, DARE THE gods.

ONE DAY, ONE DAY, DEM, GO SEE AM ANYHOW.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ruga Settlements: Our Deal With Herdsmen, By South East Govs {chief David Umahi} by selemempe: 10:50pm On Jun 30, 2019
SE is very small....niger state alone is bigger than south east and south south combined....they should do their RUGA in niger state abeg

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ruga Settlements: Our Deal With Herdsmen, By South East Govs {chief David Umahi} by dunkem21(m): 11:07pm On Jun 30, 2019
Nice one.. Trade by barter is coming back cheesy
Re: Ruga Settlements: Our Deal With Herdsmen, By South East Govs {chief David Umahi} by TooMuchStuff: 11:27pm On Jun 30, 2019
Still a trap!
The Fulanis are naturally brutal beasts that achieve whatever they wanted with sly or violence.
Cunning creatures they are like the serpents.
The so called trade by barter would change within months if the gullible SS n SE leaders accept this tricky deal. Nothing good have ever come out from Fulanis.
Next you'll hear that no trailer to transport the cows so it's cheaper to graze the grasses at the point of production since the plots are already for Fulani business.
This would've police post on site with soldiers back up.

Don't accept any deal from BuhariApC.
They are pure evil. All fulanis of Africa want the south and middlebelt Christians region as their new homeland from Buhari

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Ruga Settlements: Our Deal With Herdsmen, By South East Govs {chief David Umahi} by somehow: 11:40pm On Jun 30, 2019
Please I need to know.

Are herdmens only Fulanis?

No Igbo herdmens?
Yoruba Herdsmen?
Hausa Herdsmen
Ibibio Herdsmen
Bini Herdsment
Ijaw Herdsmen
ETC?

Alot of people make it sound like Fulani are the only herdsmen in Nigeria and very QUICK to label any herdsmen vs farmer conflict with "Fulani".

Who did this to us? I just believe people are using this to spread their hate for him.

Buhari only has 4 years left as the president, I will be here to see if this trend won't die off after he's out of the government house.

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Ruga Settlements: Our Deal With Herdsmen, By South East Govs {chief David Umahi} by Ojiofor: 12:20am On Jul 01, 2019
somehow:
Please I need to know.

No Igbo herdmens?
Yoruba Herdsmen?
Hausa Herdsmen
Ibibio Herdsmen
Bini Herdsment
Ijaw Herdsmen
ETC?

Alot of people make it sound like Fulani are the only herdsmen in Nigeria and very QUICK to label any herdsmen vs farmer conflict with "Fulani".

Who did this to us? I just believe people are using this to spread their hate for him.

Buhari only has 4 years left as the president, I will be here to see if this trend won't die off after he's out of the government house.

Open grazing is traditionally illegal in Igboland.No Igbo herder dare release his herds to graze indiscriminately like the Fulani herdsmen does with reckless abandon .If your goat,sheep or cow stray out of the barn it will be seized by the community and you will pay heavy fine to get it back.
But with Fulani it's a different ball game all together and finally we don't want Ruga no be by force.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ruga Settlements: Our Deal With Herdsmen, By South East Govs {chief David Umahi} by nwanyionitsha: 2:47am On Jul 01, 2019
Quorax:

Any Igbo person still eating beef and its meat products is a bascard. That's all.
I have no sympathy to give to beef eaters.
Re: Ruga Settlements: Our Deal With Herdsmen, By South East Govs {chief David Umahi} by nwanyionitsha: 2:48am On Jul 01, 2019
onamch:
Sell your meat to me and buy my grass. Good proposal.
Nonsense proposal. We don't eat beef and its meat product in the south east.
Re: Ruga Settlements: Our Deal With Herdsmen, By South East Govs {chief David Umahi} by leofab(f): 3:39am On Jul 01, 2019
This country is just too complex
Re: Ruga Settlements: Our Deal With Herdsmen, By South East Govs {chief David Umahi} by Nobody: 3:46am On Jul 01, 2019
Cunny man grin

You don't have land for grazing but you can grow grass and send to them. No be for land the grass dey grow? Everyone scrambling to keep the bloodthirsty Fool-ah man at arm's length grin

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ruga Settlements: Our Deal With Herdsmen, By South East Govs {chief David Umahi} by Empiree: 6:04am On Jul 01, 2019
it is hatred for buhari my friend. Everything he does equals to islamization and fulanisation. Rubbish undecided
somehow:
Please I need to know.

No Igbo herdmens?
Yoruba Herdsmen?
Hausa Herdsmen
Ibibio Herdsmen
Bini Herdsment
Ijaw Herdsmen
ETC?

2 Likes

Re: Ruga Settlements: Our Deal With Herdsmen, By South East Govs {chief David Umahi} by joseph1832(m): 7:23am On Jul 01, 2019
somehow:
Please I need to know.

No Igbo herdmens?
Yoruba Herdsmen?
Hausa Herdsmen
Ibibio Herdsmen
Bini Herdsment
Ijaw Herdsmen
ETC?

the issue is not whether if herdsmen are only Fulani, the issue is which of the herdsmen are fond of perpetuating violence and attacking villages.

As regard the bolded, have you ever heard of any herdsmen (Fulani) vs farmer attack that doesn't have Fulani herdsmen related to it? Or have you ever heard of Igbo, Bini, tiv herdsmen attack villages and kill women and children.

So tell me, if the government of GEJ wanted to establish a market for Igbo traders (that's what they're good at) or a joint for hang out for yoruba where they drink and flex do you think the northern will agree to it?
Re: Ruga Settlements: Our Deal With Herdsmen, By South East Govs {chief David Umahi} by somehow: 7:58am On Jul 01, 2019
You were not there when most of these attacks happened, we know how the press and media can decide what you must believe. Did herdsmen just come into Nigeria? Herdsmen are as old as Nigeria, yet the manner at which it has been reported for the past 2 years has shown that something is obviously wrong.

It's either some powerful people are arming some sects of herdsmen to perpetuate these kills.
Or the media propagandizing some ethnic bias against a particular group
Or Criminals are hiding under the guise of "Fulani herdsmen" to unleash their criminal activities
Or Some Fulani herdsmen actually carry out some of these atrocities but the media prefer tagging ALL the attacks as that of Fulani.

We all know how some Africans always hide behind the name Nigeria whenever they are arrested Abroad for prostitution because it's easier that way due to the bias the world already has for Nigeria when it comes to International prostitution even though we have more Western prostitutes (It's a legal profession to most of them.) than what we have in Africa.

Bottomline is that people are actually hiding their bad acts behind the Fulani herdsmen mantra. Like I said, after 4 years of Buhari, watch and see how the "tag" dies off, because by then, the person they actually target with this smear wouldn't be there again.

joseph1832:
the issue is not whether if herdsmen are only Fulani, the issue is which of the herdsmen are fond of perpetuating violence and attacking villages.

As regard the bolded, have you ever heard of any herdsmen (Fulani) vs farmer attack that doesn't have Fulani herdsmen related to it? Or have you ever heard of Igbo, Bini, tiv herdsmen attack villages and kill women and children.

So tell me, if the government of GEJ wanted to establish a market for Igbo traders (that's what they're good at) or a joint for hang out for yoruba where they drink and flex do you think the northern will agree to it?
Re: Ruga Settlements: Our Deal With Herdsmen, By South East Govs {chief David Umahi} by joseph1832(m): 8:14am On Jul 01, 2019
somehow:
You were not there when most of these attacks happened, we know how the press and media can decide what you must believe. Did herdsmen just come into Nigeria? Herdsmen are as old as Nigeria, yet the manner at which it has been reported for the past 2 years has shown that something is obviously wrong.
I suppose you were there when the herdsmen attacked, right? This have absolutely nothing to do with what the media report or reported. I am an avid traveller and I've been to some states and also lived in Benue. I have first hand info, so like I said, it's not about what the media report(ed).

It's either some powerful people are arming some sects of herdsmen to perpetuate these kills.
Or the media propagandizing some ethnic bias against a particular group
Or Criminals are hiding under the guise of "Fulani herdsmen" to unleash their criminal activities
Or Some Fulani herdsmen actually carry out some of these atrocities but the media prefer tagging ALL the attacks as that of Fulani.
You're assuming. You don't have any first hand proof to back up your claims. Often times we've heard tales from villagers about how they were attacked by Fulani herdsmen. Remember what happened in Agatu in Benue state? I've lived in that state and I can tell you it's not what you're saying.

We all know how some Africans always hide behind the name Nigeria whenever they are arrested Abroad for prostitution because it's easier that way due to the bias the world already has for Nigeria when it comes to International prostitution even though we have more Western prostitutes (It's a legal profession to most of them.) than what we have in Africa.
who are the Africans who hide under the guise of being Nigerians to do prostitution abroad. Beside, how did you come about this info, from the media? If so can't one say the media is using propaganda to tarnish the already tarnished image of Nigeria? Bro its not today Nigeria have a bad image when it comes to prostitution.

Bottomline is that people are actually hiding their bad acts behind the Fulani herdsmen mantra. Like I said, after 4 years of Buhari, watch and see how the "tag" dies off, because by then, the person they actually target with this smear wouldn't be there again.
before Buhari's presidency, there have always been the issue of Fulani herdsmen attacking villages. I believe it has absolutely nothing to do with individuals but the federal government's inability to provide adequate security in the polity.

It's as simple as that.
Re: Ruga Settlements: Our Deal With Herdsmen, By South East Govs {chief David Umahi} by Lovechisom55: 8:36am On Jul 01, 2019
Lalasticlala
Re: Ruga Settlements: Our Deal With Herdsmen, By South East Govs {chief David Umahi} by NkayStory(f): 9:12am On Jul 01, 2019
Empiree:
it is hatred for buhari my friend. Everything he does equals to islamization and fulanisation. Rubbish undecided

Yes we hate buhari and rightly so because he is evil and have devilish agenda with his fulani-miyetti-allah rubbish

..What is there to like about buhari as an Igboman??..Absolutely nothing!

You are free to donate your land to foolanis though..your funeral not ours
Re: Ruga Settlements: Our Deal With Herdsmen, By South East Govs {chief David Umahi} by Truthwords: 1:14pm On Jul 05, 2019

(1) (Reply)

New Radiology Department Of The Rivers State University Teaching Hospital / Opinion: Could Chimaroke Be The Next Ex-gov To Be Jailed? (see Seized Assets) / IPOB: NK's Parent May Not Be Really Dead

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 72
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.