Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,452 members, 7,850,580 topics. Date: Wednesday, 05 June 2024 at 04:39 AM

I Have Lost Interest In School - Education (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / I Have Lost Interest In School (21855 Views)

Good News If You Have Lost Your WAEC Certificate/result / Help....i Have Lost Interest In School (pls Hear My Story) / 18-Year-Old Boy Suspended After Proposing To His Teen Girlfriend In School In SA (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: I Have Lost Interest In School by Offpoint: 10:13am On Jul 02, 2019
millionboi2:
chai

U funny oooo
My brother na true...

Most Nigerians don't know the difference between
School,
Education
Knowledge and Career.

That's why you'll have someone who spend fours of his life studying what he doesn't need, just because he/she wants to be identify as a graduate.

Heard that one saying school connect you to opportunity, what happens to thousands of graduates we've produced so far as a nation?

1 Like

Re: I Have Lost Interest In School by shamsin6300(m): 10:17am On Jul 02, 2019
How possible is dat,,,,,,,, can u enlight me more pls?

( A lecturer once told me face to face in front of the whole class that I would fail his course, I ended up scoring 71 A in that course. He called me out later and said I am a crazy boy)[/quote]
Re: I Have Lost Interest In School by OOLUSEG(m): 10:32am On Jul 02, 2019
nointerestinsch:
What you are about to read is the deluge from the heart of a broken National Diploma finalist in one of the Polytechnics in Nigeria. I am 20 years old. I have created a new account to share this, only my coursemates or people in my school would recognize me through this article.

The past week has been the most depressing week of my entire life; as much as I have been living with depression for the past few months, this week has been overwhelming.

I used to be the most-hardworking student I know. I was top of my class in ND 1. I ensured I finished all the textbooks of the courses we offered in each semester. In the euphoria of how well my hardwork paid off, my goal for ND 2 was to graduate with a Distinction, and top my class again. The way things panned out in my first year made me love how a student could be rewarded if the student puts in his or her best in studying.

Fast-forward to ND 2 first semester, I finished all the textbooks and made sure I understood the courses by self-testing and tutoring my colleagues – as usual. Our semester results are released at the beginning of the next semester. I never fret at the WhatsApp Broadcast of Facebook Post that a course result has been released. The first course (Entrepreneurship) result of last semester was pasted in the second week of resumption and I had a ‘CD’ – this was my lowest grade all through my stay in the school till date. I didn’t take it to heart as I didn’t study this course too well last semester and it was a 2-credit unit course.
But then, one week later, the result for one of my courses (OO COBOL) was released. I had an ‘F’. To put this in perspective, this is one of the easiest programming languages out there. Plus, it is an outdated language – already says a lot about the standard down here. I and a few of my coursemates were the best at this course last semester. I personally was getting paid to help fill practical manuals. It was basically one of those courses I wouldn’t need to study for prior to an exam the next day. I had an ‘F’. I’m not ‘clouting’, but the best grades in this course ironically belonged to people who would not be able to write a simple “Hello World” program using this programming language. I completely broke down at the sight of my name trailing to an ‘F’ on the result sheet. I immediately persuaded the few “good students” who also got “F”’s and were sure they did well to join me and go make a case to our Head of Department (HOD). I represented the group and told the HOD that this is not what we expect for a course like this. I asked if we could see our marked exam answer sheets. Would you believe it? He said the answer sheets have not been submitted to him, and that if I want a remarking, I would have to pay N15,000 to the school management or the remarking panel (or whatever name they try to scam us with). I was disgusted at these revelations. I mean, how can I be charged 15k for me to just get a chance to prove myself? 15k? Just to see and prove my own exam answers? This is an educational institution, and not a law court or the police station. The HOD said he cannot do anything about it, that we only have the option of going to ‘see’ the lecturer.

The lecturer had on several occasions, after the exam, related to the entire class through the class rep that each student needs to pay at least 7k or else you would fail. I ignored all of those because I thought they were threats and believed I did more than enough to get at least a “B”. It eventually turns out the lecturer wasn’t blabbing about it. I don’t know how I would be able to face myself knowing I paid to get a grade in school. I am at a crossroad. I am lost.

This is my ordeal. I have absolutely lost any interest and passion for school. For real, what is the essence of all my sleepless nights? Sacrificing trendy clothes and sneakers for data subscription and materials to do research? When, in the end, a fellow that did not even attend lectures will have a better grade because he or she has money to give the lecturer? Is this the way it has been from way back? Or did the standard just drop so low? Why have these lecturers taken pride in extorting other people’s pockets and suppressing bright minds? Why have they used money to promote waywardness in higher institutions? Why is money the determining factor of student’s grades and not the student’s academic performance fueled by unwavering passion for studying and learning?

These and many more unanswered questions are the reasons why I have lost all interest in school and education. Nothing actually interests me now. School is a total waste of precious time. People party all semester and show up to sign attendance on the exam day, then pay money to the lecturer to pass. It’s all money, money and more money! All these pot-bellied bastards destroying destinies and killing dreams! Would they do this to their own children?

I want to speak up, but I can’t. I am depressed. I am discouraged. I am tired. I want to quit school.

Thank you for reading up!
hug

Don't give up, see it as one of the hurdles you need to overcome. QUITER NEVER WINS, AND WINNER NEVER QUITS. There are better days ahead. WHEN YOU GOING THROUGH HELL, YOU DON'T STOP! BUT YOU GO AHEAD UNTIL YOU COME OUT OF IT. Cheer up, Face it and Share your success story later.
Re: I Have Lost Interest In School by davillian(m): 10:33am On Jul 02, 2019
Mosesotu123:
for how long will u kep paying bro?
think
At least you read, meaning you only have to pay those curropt lectures.
No knowledge is a waste still read for your exams
Re: I Have Lost Interest In School by InansBobo(m): 10:49am On Jul 02, 2019
nointerestinsch:
What you are about to read is the deluge from the heart of a broken National Diploma finalist in one of the Polytechnics in Nigeria. I am 20 years old. I have created a new account to share this, only my coursemates or people in my school would recognize me through this article.

The past week has been the most depressing week of my entire life; as much as I have been living with depression for the past few months, this week has been overwhelming.

I used to be the most-hardworking student I know. I was top of my class in ND 1. I ensured I finished all the textbooks of the courses we offered in each semester. In the euphoria of how well my hardwork paid off, my goal for ND 2 was to graduate with a Distinction, and top my class again. The way things panned out in my first year made me love how a student could be rewarded if the student puts in his or her best in studying.

Fast-forward to ND 2 first semester, I finished all the textbooks and made sure I understood the courses by self-testing and tutoring my colleagues – as usual. Our semester results are released at the beginning of the next semester. I never fret at the WhatsApp Broadcast of Facebook Post that a course result has been released. The first course (Entrepreneurship) result of last semester was pasted in the second week of resumption and I had a ‘CD’ – this was my lowest grade all through my stay in the school till date. I didn’t take it to heart as I didn’t study this course too well last semester and it was a 2-credit unit course.
But then, one week later, the result for one of my courses (OO COBOL) was released. I had an ‘F’. To put this in perspective, this is one of the easiest programming languages out there. Plus, it is an outdated language – already says a lot about the standard down here. I and a few of my coursemates were the best at this course last semester. I personally was getting paid to help fill practical manuals. It was basically one of those courses I wouldn’t need to study for prior to an exam the next day. I had an ‘F’. I’m not ‘clouting’, but the best grades in this course ironically belonged to people who would not be able to write a simple “Hello World” program using this programming language. I completely broke down at the sight of my name trailing to an ‘F’ on the result sheet. I immediately persuaded the few “good students” who also got “F”’s and were sure they did well to join me and go make a case to our Head of Department (HOD). I represented the group and told the HOD that this is not what we expect for a course like this. I asked if we could see our marked exam answer sheets. Would you believe it? He said the answer sheets have not been submitted to him, and that if I want a remarking, I would have to pay N15,000 to the school management or the remarking panel (or whatever name they try to scam us with). I was disgusted at these revelations. I mean, how can I be charged 15k for me to just get a chance to prove myself? 15k? Just to see and prove my own exam answers? This is an educational institution, and not a law court or the police station. The HOD said he cannot do anything about it, that we only have the option of going to ‘see’ the lecturer.

The lecturer had on several occasions, after the exam, related to the entire class through the class rep that each student needs to pay at least 7k or else you would fail. I ignored all of those because I thought they were threats and believed I did more than enough to get at least a “B”. It eventually turns out the lecturer wasn’t blabbing about it. I don’t know how I would be able to face myself knowing I paid to get a grade in school. I am at a crossroad. I am lost.

This is my ordeal. I have absolutely lost any interest and passion for school. For real, what is the essence of all my sleepless nights? Sacrificing trendy clothes and sneakers for data subscription and materials to do research? When, in the end, a fellow that did not even attend lectures will have a better grade because he or she has money to give the lecturer? Is this the way it has been from way back? Or did the standard just drop so low? Why have these lecturers taken pride in extorting other people’s pockets and suppressing bright minds? Why have they used money to promote waywardness in higher institutions? Why is money the determining factor of student’s grades and not the student’s academic performance fueled by unwavering passion for studying and learning?

These and many more unanswered questions are the reasons why I have lost all interest in school and education. Nothing actually interests me now. School is a total waste of precious time. People party all semester and show up to sign attendance on the exam day, then pay money to the lecturer to pass. It’s all money, money and more money! All these pot-bellied bastards destroying destinies and killing dreams! Would they do this to their own children?

I want to speak up, but I can’t. I am depressed. I am discouraged. I am tired. I want to quit school.

Thank you for reading up!
write utme again and go to a federal university, it's not that common there
Re: I Have Lost Interest In School by tammyboy1(m): 10:58am On Jul 02, 2019
nointerestinsch:

I know this, but isn't it high time we stopped this trend?
what trend? you want to stop reality?
Re: I Have Lost Interest In School by XchUskY4u(m): 11:16am On Jul 02, 2019
grin grin grin
SLAP44:
Did you vote buharri in the last election?
Re: I Have Lost Interest In School by stratalogue(m): 11:17am On Jul 02, 2019
Don't be depressed, make a complaints to the human rights commission and copy the Ministry of Education/NBTE or better still walk to the EFCC office in your state and make a complaints and watch how you become an untouchable in your school. People advising you to pay and stop complaining are the same that will complain 10 years from now that nothing works in this country. You have a good case, i just hope you have evidence and proof to back up your claims. Speak up! Busola Did, you can too! Goodluck
Re: I Have Lost Interest In School by genesistearz(m): 11:40am On Jul 02, 2019
Craigslists:
Lol

School na scam for Nigeria.

As long as you can read and write you are educated grin

What we have in Nigeria are not schools, they are breeding grounds for sex starved lecturers, oloshos and cultists.

Just use your school fees take buy lappy,
hustle and cash out big time,
then go abroad to have a quality education like the children of our yam eaters tongue

abeg contact me, I go like b ur student
Re: I Have Lost Interest In School by Blacksavage: 12:47pm On Jul 02, 2019
SLAP44:
Did you vote buharri in the last election?
Lool
Elesin!
Re: I Have Lost Interest In School by frozen70(f): 12:51pm On Jul 02, 2019
Pls if you can't beat them, join them.

You are too small to solve this particular problem that has eaten into the digestive system of higher institutions
Re: I Have Lost Interest In School by handsomebanana(m): 2:14pm On Jul 02, 2019
ThothHermes:
The responses on this thread are disheartening.

No one is showing any form of outrage at the fact that this guy has been dealt with unjustly. He was made to fail because he would not pay bribe in school. I cringe at having to type this.
Some are saying "failure is the not the end" bla bla bla. Nigerians have accepted the situation of things in their country.
OP if you are this capable academically why did you attend a polytechnic?

This is what you should do: Register for the next JAMB exam. Pick a first generation federal university and study like no tomorrow.

Get the admission and start afresh. You are still young so age should not be a problem.

In four years you'd be out with a good grade. Potentially a first class.
Forget the m0rons on this thread telling you "school na scam"
The vast majority of them cannot even write proper sentences.
You can also start a social media campaign against that criminal lecturer. After you must have been in your choice university that is.

The majority of the people who commented here are fools. I begin to wonder why they complain about their leaders. They've already accepted the corruption as a way of life.

The comment just left me speechless

1 Like

Re: I Have Lost Interest In School by GoodFaith: 2:15pm On Jul 02, 2019
schools still teach COBOL?
Any application still design using COBOL?
Re: I Have Lost Interest In School by Nobody: 2:40pm On Jul 02, 2019
latebloomerr:

Why end your fantastic piece of advice with the words "shake off that silly depression"? The guy/girl is depressed! That isn't something to joke about.

It wasnt a joke. Depression is a serious issue. I have been depressed before. But he has to fight it. Thats what i meant.
Re: I Have Lost Interest In School by deltateam: 2:59pm On Jul 02, 2019
Nukilia:
Don't be sad, that's the way things roll in Hell... You'll end up becoming successful without the need of your school grades

This is a dangerous comment. Op unless you have a STRONG backup plan on how to make tons of money legitimately but even at that you still need to be educated.

Myself and other people here have faced similar experience. It could be frustrating. It was even a Reverend "father" that almost failed me due to fact I didn't sort with others. Others got A and B, I was given D. The only D I ever got in a course throughout my stay.
Re: I Have Lost Interest In School by Damfostopper(m): 3:38pm On Jul 02, 2019
Sinach0191:
somebody like u dont need to study in Nigeria.
School grade doesn't determine ur future
Go nd hustle
just because school grades doesn't determine the future doesn't mean his effort and time he dedicated to earn it should be rewarded with an F while others are buying it...... seems ur more of S simpleton to assimilate it
Re: I Have Lost Interest In School by encryptjay(m): 4:25pm On Jul 02, 2019
Wow! Going through this threads reveals the minds of Nigerians.
Things aren't going to get better anytime soon grin

OP's intelligence and hardwork is going to take him far though.
Re: I Have Lost Interest In School by Nobody: 4:43pm On Jul 02, 2019
[b][/b]UNIVERSITY OF IBADAN 2019/2020 : CONTACT US SHOULD YOU OR YOUR WARD WANT TO REGISTER

It's no more news that the university of Ibadan has released the modality for her 2019/2020 postutme. As a certified graduate of the said University, we all understand all this necessary details and steps involved in providing you a topnotch applications. We help candidates register at an affordable cost. Hence, you don't need to travel to the school nor visit any bank. Save your time by contacting us.we'll get you registered in 30minutes.

CONTACT US ON WHATSAPP OR CALL : 08136043823
Re: I Have Lost Interest In School by Codes151(m): 5:58pm On Jul 02, 2019
What’s the essence of those sneakers when they will fade n you won’t have cash to buy another years from now?

What’s your plan b?

Bros, school isn’t just about degree! But it widens your horizOn
Re: I Have Lost Interest In School by Alejobs: 10:02pm On Jul 03, 2019
Is it really difficult to be good?
Re: I Have Lost Interest In School by ebonyggurl(f): 10:55pm On Jul 03, 2019
diehard1:
After reading your post, I got so mad and angry at how the younger generation reason and behave. It also made me to have a better understanding why there are so much suicidal cases. You are quitting school because of poor grades? That makes you a looser, big one for that matter. I feel like giving you a hot slap to reset your brain. God knows my children will not try such. Are you the only poor person in the school? Do you consider all the investment made on your behalf from nursery to the current state and you want to throw all that away just because of a course. My friend go back to school and do what you have to do. Unfortunately, in this part of the world, the lecturer is god and you have to stick it into your head. Only the tough ones survive in the wild. Be among the though ones and not the lily livered.

Consider yourself a coward if you quit. Do you know when I was in the university, there were guys that had to repeat for years due to one issue or the other. They never left, they continued till the end. Your don't enter a race for running sake, you do so to win, you run till the end. There are intelligent people that were very poor or sick when at school and due to such came out with poor grades. They finished because your grades don't determine who or what you'll be.

If you quit, what do you intend doing, drink sniper?, do yahoo or keep on complaining angry angry

I had to be harsh because, education is the best thing that you can acquire in life. Just go back to school and make yourself proud at the end of the day.
This is good advise. What if one starts the race but then realises one has no true passion for it and wants to do something else? But one's parents are against the idea? Must one continue and feel miserable ?
Re: I Have Lost Interest In School by healthserve(m): 6:59pm On Nov 01, 2019
stratalogue:
Don't be depressed, make a complaints to the human rights commission and copy the Ministry of Education/NBTE or better still walk to the EFCC office in your state and make a complaints and watch how you become an untouchable in your school. People advising you to pay and stop complaining are the same that will complain 10 years from now that nothing works in this country. You have a good case, i just hope you have evidence and proof to back up your claims. Speak up! Busola Did, you can too! Goodluck

Nice logo

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

JAMB 2015/2016 UTME Registration Officially Begins / Not For The Weak Minds; Try This Quantitative Reasoning Question. / ASUU Strike: Committee Of VCs Recommend ₦800,000 For Profs, To Resolve Deadlock

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 88
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.