Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,430 members, 7,830,158 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 05:04 PM

Omoni Oboli Reacts To Busola Dakolo, Pastor Bidoun Fatoyinbo Rape Allegation - Celebrities (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / Omoni Oboli Reacts To Busola Dakolo, Pastor Bidoun Fatoyinbo Rape Allegation (37254 Views)

Nathaniel Bassey's Comments On Busola Dakolo & COZA Pastor Bidoun Fatoyinbo / Busola Dakolo: RMD Reacts To Rape Allegation Against COZA Pastor Bidoun Fatoyinb / Busola Dakolo Rape: Nigerians Storm Pastor Bidoun Fatoyinbo Page To Blast Him (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Omoni Oboli Reacts To Busola Dakolo, Pastor Bidoun Fatoyinbo Rape Allegation by Adakintroy2: 1:31pm On Jul 02, 2019
daddytime:
Without a shadow of a doubt there were incoherencies and loops, but let's just attribute that to the time gone and her inability to recall events as it happened.

Sensible and very plausible submission.

That would not hold up in court were onus to prove beyond reasonable doubt. Lies on the accuseer.

Aside If you can't remember detailes, how do you expect to win in court that will not only require detail consistent account but also hard substantial evidence?
Re: Omoni Oboli Reacts To Busola Dakolo, Pastor Bidoun Fatoyinbo Rape Allegation by stanliwise(m): 1:31pm On Jul 02, 2019
1984och:
I think she was only trying to save her marriage cos timi heard stuffs from the church gossip about his wife and fatoyinbo.. If not, one would ask: you were still cool with the pastor after the incident. You enjoyed the luxury. You were given a car. You never told the church elders that you were raped all these while. Why now after 3 kids? I think timi would even be the one to regret this later.

If I were in his shoes:

Busola: honey, that stuff u heard is not true. He raped me and bla bla bla bla.

Me: let it slide. Let sleeping dogs lye. We can change church if u want. I'll love you more. It won't change anything. God will pay him back someday.

Anyways, let's just watch and see how it ends!
Have you heard of "impasse" or "unfinished business". A thing that happens to you that you cannot get it off your mind as long as you keep seeing the people or event.

You can tell her to let it slide but when depression comes, don't run out publicly for help o, let the depression slide too.

1 Like

Re: Omoni Oboli Reacts To Busola Dakolo, Pastor Bidoun Fatoyinbo Rape Allegation by Preciouschinwe(f): 1:35pm On Jul 02, 2019
partnerbizz5:
I will cut to the chase; straight to the point.

There was an intercours.e. Yes there was.

But it wasn't rape. She was spellbound, star struck or hypnotized. She was stupid too even at 17.

WHY IS SHE BITTER NOW?

She feels Fatoyinbo took her virginity without sweating or spending. This is same virginity she could have auctioned even on e bay. Yes, people sell it. Check.

She felt pastor got it very cheap. That's why prostitutes will ask you:

" HOW MUCH YOU PAY ME YOU WAN TOUCH MY BRESS"?

HOW MUCH YOU PAY, YOU WAN FUC.K DOGGY?

They (women) want you to pay well, suffer or work hard to get the pusssy; let alone a virgin pusssy.

So Busola now feels cheated. She reasoned that the man is happy now after cheating her.
And she came to this realisation not too long ago.

Now, the only way of paying him back is to hurt him too. And the most effective way of hurting a pastor is through seex scandal.

If you allege he stole 2 billion dollars, it would gather no storm.

BUT WHY COME OUT NOW?

The husband Timi, heard of the "rape" lately. Maybe Busola got depressed and mood swings after the RECENT realisation that the pastor cheated her.

Timi felt bad. He felt cheated too for being served a second hand pusssy.

He could have eaten the pusssy first. So he encouraged her to hurt the pastor. That way both Timi and Busola would feel a bit better.

IT WAS NOT RAPE PEOPLE.

USE your senses.

THAT'S MY ANALYSIS as a self proclaimed behavioral therapist.

LEGAL VIEW:

Rape or even any sexual assault case cannot be proven against Fatoyinbo.

You can't prove a rape case without proving that there was a PENETRATION. See the case of Upahar vs State. See S.357 of CC etc. And it's been long. No medical evidence too.

Nothing will happen to Fatoyinbo. The only damage has happened already. And that's to his reputation.

We will soon forget it. Life goes on.

FINALLY, I DON'T SUPPORT RAPE. IT'S TRAGIC.

That's why it's considered a crime against humanity in International criminal law.

#SAYNOTORAPE.
lol @ second hand pussy grin
Re: Omoni Oboli Reacts To Busola Dakolo, Pastor Bidoun Fatoyinbo Rape Allegation by Wallade(m): 1:35pm On Jul 02, 2019
oluwalonprovide:

The Dakolo's Family didn't know what they started. The drama continues and might be a chaos for them at the end of everything, the pastor has stepped down. Timi always said the wife was a virgin back then, now we are hearing she was raped at different occasions by the pastor. How sure are we that the 3 children were not born out of wedlock since we discovered they have been having terminating pregnancy before their wedding? How sure are we that Timi Dakolo is the real father of the 3 children since we are just hearing about the rape issue after many years?

The pastor had sex with her, yes! that's true but i don't believe that's rape.....
It happened more than twice, no threats, no weapon and she's enjoying it and she never tell us what the man has done for her in return since. No one will ever say a word like this and tell us the whole scene.

I don't see a crime in having children out of wedlock except for moral and legal implications. The society has a good number of children born out of wedlock and that does not make them inferior, unprivileged nor their parents less humans.

It is expected that children are born into families of married parents but if not, the parents still have all the time in the world to commence and complete wedding.

The argument that Timi Dakolo may not be the biological father of his kids is not necessary because he is not complaining. It is not our or your business besides, every child needs a home so if he decides to live with the kids as their father, even if he is not the biological father, I think you don't qualify to cry or investigate their paternity.

However, you can believe whatever you choose. I think Busola was simply out to tell her story, her version of the episodes, abinitio. Unfortunately, you will have to live with the knowledge of her story even if you are not comfortable with it.
Re: Omoni Oboli Reacts To Busola Dakolo, Pastor Bidoun Fatoyinbo Rape Allegation by darkelf: 1:37pm On Jul 02, 2019
partnerbizz5:

But it wasn't rape. She was spellbound, star struck or hypnotized. She was stupid too even at 17.

WHY IS SHE BITTER NOW?

She feels Fatoyinbo took her virginity without sweating or spending. This is same virginity she could have auctioned even on e bay. Yes, people sell it. Check.

They (women) want you to pay well, suffer or work hard to get the pusssy; let alone a virgin pusssy.

So Busola now feels cheated. She reasoned that the man is happy now after cheating her.

Now, the only way of paying him back is to hurt him too. And the most effective way of hurting a pastor is through seex scandal.

BUT WHY COME OUT NOW?

The husband Timi, heard of the "rape" lately. Maybe Busola got depressed and mood swings after the RECENT realisation that the pastor cheated her.

He could have eaten the pusssy first. So he encouraged her to hurt the pastor. That way both Timi and Busola would feel a bit better.

IT WAS NOT RAPE PEOPLE.

USE your senses.

LEGAL VIEW:

You can't prove a rape case without proving that there was a PENETRATION. See the case of Upahar vs State. See S.357 of CC etc. And it's been long. No medical evidence too.

Nothing will happen to Fatoyinbo. The only damage has happened already. And that's to his reputation.

That's why it's considered a crime against humanity in International criminal law.

#SAYNOTORAPE.

Beautiful analysis. Kudos

I share many of your sentiments. I also think that this could be the result of a blackmail gone wrong. They probably threatened the pastor with it before going public. And guy man refused to drop currency. Thus, they then decided to make good on their threats.
Re: Omoni Oboli Reacts To Busola Dakolo, Pastor Bidoun Fatoyinbo Rape Allegation by dyydxx: 1:38pm On Jul 02, 2019
Lagbaja01:
You were making sense until i saw this I think the forever tarnished reputational damage is enough. That's the purpose of the revelation anyway.

The purpose isn't to press any charges obviously. You can't prove an alleged rape case after 17 years. In most countries, the statute of limitation would have even passed, although some states in the US treat rape cases like murder, so no statute of limitations. More importantly, it appears in Nigeria 20 years ago the age of consent was 11 years. So legally under Nigerian Law as at the time of occurrence, she was of age. So there isn't any criminal case here. She can seek civil redress but to what end The reason for the revelation is to expose the man with a legendary history of taking advantage of naive young church girls under his care. Ask any COZA female active member at Uniilorin during the 2000s and you will hear stories. And it wasn't called COZA then by the way. Ese's case was in 2013 and we are still waiting for his robust response. So Yes, the main purpose of the revelation now is to expose the man for who he is. I'm almost sure he still has some church girls he is currently straffing even as we speak. So let everyone know his behaviour, so that if after that you choose to be sexually slaughtered at least you were warned. We need to get rid of the culture of sweeping things under the carpet

2 Likes

Re: Omoni Oboli Reacts To Busola Dakolo, Pastor Bidoun Fatoyinbo Rape Allegation by blowjohn(m): 1:41pm On Jul 02, 2019
daddytime:
Without a shadow of a doubt there were incoherencies and loops, but let's just attribute that to the time gone and her inability to recall events as it happened.

Why come out now?
That has nothing to do with time or inability to recall events.
Re: Omoni Oboli Reacts To Busola Dakolo, Pastor Bidoun Fatoyinbo Rape Allegation by baby124: 1:43pm On Jul 02, 2019
I didn’t know Omoni was a lunatic. No words will be wasted on her.
Re: Omoni Oboli Reacts To Busola Dakolo, Pastor Bidoun Fatoyinbo Rape Allegation by blowjohn(m): 1:45pm On Jul 02, 2019
peteofi:
My dear, you get respect. Your analysis are exactly my thoughts. Ever since I read the actual story. But let's all think forgiveness and reconciliation. And forget past misdeeds. She has no proof now. Na reputation of the man spoil. That's that. But she also is not telling us the whole story.

And that's where where I think she is mad if we go by this narrative.
Ur doing well in life and married. Then suddenly u remember someone once raped u.
The next thing u do is to do a video.
Re: Omoni Oboli Reacts To Busola Dakolo, Pastor Bidoun Fatoyinbo Rape Allegation by anochuko01(m): 1:45pm On Jul 02, 2019
executive12:

And this nonsense is coming from a lady? If the intercourse was consensual, why did the girl report it to her elder sister who then informed the family which made the brother to take a knife to go confront the rapist/pastor
lol i knew someome would say this. Ur 17yrs old had consensual sex with a married man, would you tell him thank u? Ull surely go there to fight too! Fatoyinbo would never have survived it if it was actually rape! It even happened several times again....even after she met timi. Would an actual rape victim do that? Reason am well bro
Re: Omoni Oboli Reacts To Busola Dakolo, Pastor Bidoun Fatoyinbo Rape Allegation by Felynx007(m): 1:48pm On Jul 02, 2019
[color=#990000][/color]U are too much , Love everything u just analysed.[/b]
author=partnerbizz5 post=79861212]I will cut to the chase; straight to the point.

WHY IS SHE BITTER NOW?

BUT WHY COME OUT NOW?

IT WAS NOT RAPE PEOPLE.

USE your senses.

LEGAL VIEW:

#SAYNOTORAPE.[/quote]
Re: Omoni Oboli Reacts To Busola Dakolo, Pastor Bidoun Fatoyinbo Rape Allegation by darkelf: 1:52pm On Jul 02, 2019
Chriswazo:
My best read on this episode;

COZA Rape Controversy & The Age of Social Lunacy by Dodoh Okafor

1. On what basis did hundreds of people abandon their morning chores this Sunday to go picket the premises of the Common Wealth of Zion Assembly Church in Guzape Area of Abuja and Lagos?

2. Because a certain woman alleged (without any scintilla of proof) that she was raped? Because 5 women said the Church Pastor had inappropriate sexual relationships with them? Or because Segun Awosika said he has "30" women willing to testify against the COZA founder in law court?

3. What really was the essence of the nasty, rowdy, uncoordinated protests? To embarrass the church? To humiliate the pastor? To get the pastor to step down?

4. Pray- are those protesters really interested in pursuing a strong campaign against rape or were they on a vendetta mission?

5. I do not know what other people may think but here's what I am convinced about: many of those who jumped into this rape issue are being manipulated, misled and used as pawns in a complex game of chess by those who are adept at using the media to manipulate the gullible.

6. The man who conducted the interview that sparked the outrage is a certain Chude Jideonwo- one of the many crafty revisionists Nair El Rufai, Bola Tinubu and their lackeys employed to market Buhari in 2015. You are entitled to your opinion but I am convinced by Jideowno's involvement that a lie is involved, that a campaign to hoodwink the masses has been set in motion and with what I know of social media- a mechanism for creating a media storm has been activated.

7. The lady is probably dishonest and no rational thinker should believe her without at least asking a few important questions. I consider her motive to be suspect at best- reason being- what does she intend to achieve by coming out to tell a story that sound poorly fabricated, lacking in substance and designed to bring opprobrium to a man she had a choice to either deal with or avoid.

8. Many would remember the old Igbo adage that can be simply translated to imply that a raging ocean cannot drown a man whose feet it did not see. Fact is- Mr Fatoyinbo never dragged or nailed the buttocks of any man or woman to his church. Anyone always had the option of walking away the minute you became uncomfortable with his body body language or suggestions.

9. Mr Fatoyinbo did not just see anyone and grabbed her by the waist neither is there any report that he ever saw anyone on the street and pulled his car by the roadside, pushed her side and "opened his zip"

10. To be certain, I am not one to support the violation of trust by anyone in authority especially people from whom much is expected. Pastors, priests, teachers, uncle's and aunties, office superiors and village elders have a great responsibility to carry themselves with dignity and restraint at all times.

11. I am not one to blame the victim but when forceful sexual acts keep occurring and the victim never summoned up the courage to report to anyone but rather submits herself whenever her molester comes around for me has a different interpretation.

12. To imagine that the said Busola Dakolo kept submitting herself to Mr Fatoyinbo, attending his church, singing in his Choir, and as I heard- allowing him to wed her tells an entirely different story. It does not add up. Mrs Dakolo in my estimation may not have told us the entire story or perhaps she is playing a terrible game.

13. It pains me to see Nigerians swallowing that story hook line and sinker because some known social media influencers bought into it. This says a lot about how we have deteriorated in our capacity to think and reason.

14. When did we sublet our thinking power to social media influencers and celebrities? If these men and women care so much about rape- why are they not protesting against the mindless rape and killing of women by fulani cattle rearer/terrorists across most states in southern Nigeria?

15. If they care about women, where were they when a certain Elizabeth Ochanya was raped to death by a man and his son? How much did today's sudden philanthropists donate to support the prosecution of the perpetrators of what undoubtedly is a grave act of wickedness?

16. How much social media awareness did they raise when Eunice Elijah was killed by a band of lunatics in Kubwa Abuja? Why are they not interested in seeing that those behind the dastardly act are brought to book?

17. Where am I driving to? Again to be clear: I would be eager to see rapists and other criminals or those who violate the trust of young girls prosecuted and made to serve their punishment. But I would do everything I can to stop the triumph of online mob action against an assumedly innocent man.

18. Accusation is never conviction. Speaking emotionally while being filmed does not amount to presenting a hard evidence before a court of law. Has social media replaced conventional courts or is there something I am unaware of? Aren't injured people supposed to take their matter to court?

18. Is Mrs Dakolo seeking for justice, revenge, emotional appeal, to create mischief or just to destroy Mr Fatoyinbo? What exactly is this all about? Blackmail or some publicity stunts because none of it is clear to me.

19. Again I ask: what was the protest about? Was the protest against Fatoyinbo or COZA? Shouldn't a protest against Mr Fatoyinbo happen in front of his house? Why did they go to disrupt church programs at COZA today? Shouldn't COZA and Fatoyinbo be separate entities? How come the so-called lawyers who lined up at Guzape today missed this point? So COZA should be brought down because a certain woman told a disjointed story to Chude on camera?

20. Why are people so silly? Where's Stephanie Otobo? Why did she stop regalling us with tales of how Mr Johnson Suleiman "raped" her in Jamaica?

21. I would conclude by advising everyone to be circumspect about what's presented on social media. Truth is- the social media in most cases is structured to weaken your capacity to think, steal your power of logical and deductive reasoning from you and what else? Make you a fool.

22. Buhari and his handlers understood that it is very easy to sell lunacy on social media and the leveraged it to come to power- Ill prepared, with a vindictive mindset and you know where that has landed Nigeria.

23. Interestingly - the same group that sold Buhari to Nigerians in 2015 are behind this Busola Dakolo rape tale. I insist that there's a whole lot more to this hullabaloo.

24. You ask- what of the other 1000 girls that also accused the pastor of rape? I reply with: when did public opinion become the basis of adjudication in matters that require sensitivity and tack? Remember millions of people have voted for Buhari since 2015. Does that confer on Buhari the administrative skill he does not have?

25. What else? Who remembers the women who came forward to accuse Brett Kavanaug of rape soon after he was nominated for a Supreme Court position? When are we picking the US Supreme Court?

Let me end with an advice: never sublet your thinking to anyone- especially people whose agenda you do not understand.

Beautiful and insightful post.

Especially at the lack of protests against certain popular cases of rape/killings against women.

Let me add the Leah Sharibu case; how many of them protested with Oby?

How many of them have actively pursued the Chibok girls case to a logical conclusion?

How many of them have protested against SARS manhandling of our youths? This is especially ironic seeing as many of the "protesters" at COZA are youthful.

How many of them protested against Sullivan Chime when strong evidence showed he molested, abused and battered his wife? Guess they were scared of the men-in-black with guns

As you said, they have been hoodwinked by stardom, their neurons rewired by falsehood and their logic undermined by caprices.

I have come to know that celebrities are humans and are equally prone to guile and deceit.

Timi himself once proclaimed he married his wife a virgin. That's one of the main reasons I never believed his lying wife from the get go. Its either Timi is the liar or Busola or both. Nigerians forget so soon. Why lie about the virginity off your wife in the first place? Nobody asked you. Nobody needed to know that piece of info. But the brain dead protesters forgot about that and failed to ask salient questions.

#My take

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Omoni Oboli Reacts To Busola Dakolo, Pastor Bidoun Fatoyinbo Rape Allegation by Wallade(m): 2:01pm On Jul 02, 2019
blowjohn:

Why come out now?
That has nothing to do with time or inability to recall events.

Busola must have shared the information with her husband. They left that church long time ago but perhaps they were still hearing stories of his escapades with other ladies.

Maybe that is the reason the husband has been questioning COZA mgt, for allowing this to thrive, on social media with cryptic messages some 2 - 3 months before now.

The mgt of COZA probably know what Timi was talking even though the public didn't know, sense crisis if the Dakolos speak and chose to stifle the information by getting church people and it's members to circulate information capable of assassinating Busola's character so that no one will believe her - discredit the accuser.

She indicated in the interview that she started hearing stories about her, several versions and of course people calling her describing her negatively.

So, she decided to tell her story, put the truth into perspective. I believe her story - 99%

I think Busola was simply out to tell her story, her version of the episodes, abinitio. Unfortunately, you will have to live with the knowledge of her story even if you are not comfortable with it.

3 Likes

Re: Omoni Oboli Reacts To Busola Dakolo, Pastor Bidoun Fatoyinbo Rape Allegation by dyydxx: 2:04pm On Jul 02, 2019
Wallade:

Busola must have shared the information with her husband. They left that church long time ago but perhaps they were still hearing stories of his escapades with other ladies.

Maybe that is the reason the husband has been questioning COZA mgt, for allowing this to thrive, on social media with cryptic messages some 2 - 3 months before now.

The mgt of COZA probably know what Timi was talking even though the public didn't know, sense crisis if the Dakolos speak and chose to stifle the information by getting church people and it's members to circulate information capable of assassinating Busola's character so that no one will believe her - discredit the accuser.

She indicated in the interview that she started hearing stories about her, several versions and of course people calling her describing her negatively.

So, she decided to tell her story, put the truth into perspective. I believe her story - 99%

I think Busola was simply out to tell her story, her version of the episodes, abinitio. Unfortunately, you will have to live with the knowledge of her story even if you are not comfortable with it.

You are an insider. wa gbayi
Re: Omoni Oboli Reacts To Busola Dakolo, Pastor Bidoun Fatoyinbo Rape Allegation by Wallade(m): 2:09pm On Jul 02, 2019
dyydxx:

You are an insider. wa gbayi

Honestly, I am not.
Re: Omoni Oboli Reacts To Busola Dakolo, Pastor Bidoun Fatoyinbo Rape Allegation by Nobody: 2:10pm On Jul 02, 2019
Let's look at this COZA-Busola saga from another angle!!!!
The same pastor that raped you, wedded you and your husband.
That same pastor gave you a car as your wedding gift...
You were still a worker in that church till date
You didn't complain
Now you and your husband left the church,
You regain your voice to speak out...
Most raped victims I Know always hated the men who raped them with passion, if they were given an opportunity to kill the man self, they will do it without thinking twice..
He raped you the first time in your house, no shout, no struggle. He disvirgined you and you quickly cleaned up the blood stains that proved you were a virgin so that your sister won't get to know about it.
He raped you a second time, the third time. His wife put to bed, you went to his house to greet the newborn baby, the pastor quickly had raped you again in his own house whereas the wife and maybe visitors that came to greet the newborn baby were present. You stood up, adjusted your pants and skirt, greeted the baby and went home...
Make we still dey reason for Nigeria oo, not because an influential pastor is involved, so it's true. If this pastor was to be a bricklayer, she wouldn't have come out to accuse him of rape.
I'm not saying rape is a good thing and I'm equally not saying the pastor is above mistakes because we are all humans and prone to making mistakes.
But, Haba!!!!! This is consensual sex to me and not rape.....
I have never been in support of these so-called Men and women of God due to their exploitative nature. But this rape allegation doesn't hold water at all.
Truth must be told, no matter how bitter it sounds. I don't know what Timi and Busola stand to gain in all these messes. They have just lost the respect most Nigerians have for them.
Both the Pastor and Busola are guilty.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Omoni Oboli Reacts To Busola Dakolo, Pastor Bidoun Fatoyinbo Rape Allegation by Nobody: 2:24pm On Jul 02, 2019
Adeniyii2017:
FTC..
Well its heart warming to know that we have people like this in the celebrity domain. People like this should come out often to give speeches not the ones opening their body to gain followers. I believe it will also help our youth.
I hope people can now see an unbiased point of view. These are people who think with their heads.
Exactly!
Re: Omoni Oboli Reacts To Busola Dakolo, Pastor Bidoun Fatoyinbo Rape Allegation by Nobody: 2:27pm On Jul 02, 2019
partnerbizz5:

WHY IS SHE BITTER NOW?

BUT WHY COME OUT NOW?

IT WAS NOT RAPE PEOPLE.

USE your senses.

LEGAL VIEW:

#SAYNOTORAPE.
Sorry to ask,are you a lawyer?
Re: Omoni Oboli Reacts To Busola Dakolo, Pastor Bidoun Fatoyinbo Rape Allegation by Nobody: 2:36pm On Jul 02, 2019
Chriswazo:
My best read on this episode;

COZA Rape Controversy & The Age of Social Lunacy by Dodoh Okafor

1. On what basis did hundreds of people abandon their morning chores this Sunday to go picket the premises of the Common Wealth of Zion Assembly Church in Guzape Area of Abuja and Lagos?

2. Because a certain woman alleged (without any scintilla of proof) that she was raped? Because 5 women said the Church Pastor had inappropriate sexual relationships with them? Or because Segun Awosika said he has "30" women willing to testify against the COZA founder in law court?

3. What really was the essence of the nasty, rowdy, uncoordinated protests? To embarrass the church? To humiliate the pastor? To get the pastor to step down?

4. Pray- are those protesters really interested in pursuing a strong campaign against rape or were they on a vendetta mission?

5. I do not know what other people may think but here's what I am convinced about: many of those who jumped into this rape issue are being manipulated, misled and used as pawns in a complex game of chess by those who are adept at using the media to manipulate the gullible.

6. The man who conducted the interview that sparked the outrage is a certain Chude Jideonwo- one of the many crafty revisionists Nair El Rufai, Bola Tinubu and their lackeys employed to market Buhari in 2015. You are entitled to your opinion but I am convinced by Jideowno's involvement that a lie is involved, that a campaign to hoodwink the masses has been set in motion and with what I know of social media- a mechanism for creating a media storm has been activated.

7. The lady is probably dishonest and no rational thinker should believe her without at least asking a few important questions. I consider her motive to be suspect at best- reason being- what does she intend to achieve by coming out to tell a story that sound poorly fabricated, lacking in substance and designed to bring opprobrium to a man she had a choice to either deal with or avoid.

8. Many would remember the old Igbo adage that can be simply translated to imply that a raging ocean cannot drown a man whose feet it did not see. Fact is- Mr Fatoyinbo never dragged or nailed the buttocks of any man or woman to his church. Anyone always had the option of walking away the minute you became uncomfortable with his body body language or suggestions.

9. Mr Fatoyinbo did not just see anyone and grabbed her by the waist neither is there any report that he ever saw anyone on the street and pulled his car by the roadside, pushed her side and "opened his zip"

10. To be certain, I am not one to support the violation of trust by anyone in authority especially people from whom much is expected. Pastors, priests, teachers, uncle's and aunties, office superiors and village elders have a great responsibility to carry themselves with dignity and restraint at all times.

11. I am not one to blame the victim but when forceful sexual acts keep occurring and the victim never summoned up the courage to report to anyone but rather submits herself whenever her molester comes around for me has a different interpretation.

12. To imagine that the said Busola Dakolo kept submitting herself to Mr Fatoyinbo, attending his church, singing in his Choir, and as I heard- allowing him to wed her tells an entirely different story. It does not add up. Mrs Dakolo in my estimation may not have told us the entire story or perhaps she is playing a terrible game.

13. It pains me to see Nigerians swallowing that story hook line and sinker because some known social media influencers bought into it. This says a lot about how we have deteriorated in our capacity to think and reason.

14. When did we sublet our thinking power to social media influencers and celebrities? If these men and women care so much about rape- why are they not protesting against the mindless rape and killing of women by fulani cattle rearer/terrorists across most states in southern Nigeria?

15. If they care about women, where were they when a certain Elizabeth Ochanya was raped to death by a man and his son? How much did today's sudden philanthropists donate to support the prosecution of the perpetrators of what undoubtedly is a grave act of wickedness?

16. How much social media awareness did they raise when Eunice Elijah was killed by a band of lunatics in Kubwa Abuja? Why are they not interested in seeing that those behind the dastardly act are brought to book?

17. Where am I driving to? Again to be clear: I would be eager to see rapists and other criminals or those who violate the trust of young girls prosecuted and made to serve their punishment. But I would do everything I can to stop the triumph of online mob action against an assumedly innocent man.

18. Accusation is never conviction. Speaking emotionally while being filmed does not amount to presenting a hard evidence before a court of law. Has social media replaced conventional courts or is there something I am unaware of? Aren't injured people supposed to take their matter to court?

18. Is Mrs Dakolo seeking for justice, revenge, emotional appeal, to create mischief or just to destroy Mr Fatoyinbo? What exactly is this all about? Blackmail or some publicity stunts because none of it is clear to me.

19. Again I ask: what was the protest about? Was the protest against Fatoyinbo or COZA? Shouldn't a protest against Mr Fatoyinbo happen in front of his house? Why did they go to disrupt church programs at COZA today? Shouldn't COZA and Fatoyinbo be separate entities? How come the so-called lawyers who lined up at Guzape today missed this point? So COZA should be brought down because a certain woman told a disjointed story to Chude on camera?

20. Why are people so silly? Where's Stephanie Otobo? Why did she stop regalling us with tales of how Mr Johnson Suleiman "raped" her in Jamaica?

21. I would conclude by advising everyone to be circumspect about what's presented on social media. Truth is- the social media in most cases is structured to weaken your capacity to think, steal your power of logical and deductive reasoning from you and what else? Make you a fool.

22. Buhari and his handlers understood that it is very easy to sell lunacy on social media and the leveraged it to come to power- Ill prepared, with a vindictive mindset and you know where that has landed Nigeria.

23. Interestingly - the same group that sold Buhari to Nigerians in 2015 are behind this Busola Dakolo rape tale. I insist that there's a whole lot more to this hullabaloo.

24. You ask- what of the other 1000 girls that also accused the pastor of rape? I reply with: when did public opinion become the basis of adjudication in matters that require sensitivity and tack? Remember millions of people have voted for Buhari since 2015. Does that confer on Buhari the administrative skill he does not have?

25. What else? Who remembers the women who came forward to accuse Brett Kavanaug of rape soon after he was nominated for a Supreme Court position? When are we picking the US Supreme Court?

Let me end with an advice: never sublet your thinking to anyone- especially people whose agenda you do not understand.
Hmmm! I never knew we have unbiased persons on this forum. Bravo
Re: Omoni Oboli Reacts To Busola Dakolo, Pastor Bidoun Fatoyinbo Rape Allegation by Nobody: 2:39pm On Jul 02, 2019
wink2015:

IS THIS OMONI OBOLI OF A WOMAN DEFENDING "FATOFUCKOYIBO"

Real Fatofuck !
Can't you read in between the lines? She gave an unbiased view which a reasonable Nigeria should do.
Re: Omoni Oboli Reacts To Busola Dakolo, Pastor Bidoun Fatoyinbo Rape Allegation by Nobody: 3:11pm On Jul 02, 2019
Benekruku:
I knew this girl will grow up to have no sense right from the day I attended her naming ceremony

Even rice and drinks could not go round on the said date April 22 1978
Chai cheesy cheesy grin
On this same matter?
She offend you before?
But wait o, you attend her naming true true?
How com you sabi use phone
Re: Omoni Oboli Reacts To Busola Dakolo, Pastor Bidoun Fatoyinbo Rape Allegation by Bestchoice4me(m): 3:15pm On Jul 02, 2019
Mehn. Finally, There is a female celebrity that is loaded upstairs, Well, spoken madam, I salute u..
queenblog:
Rape allegation: Omoni Oboli stands with Busola Dakolo but says 'there were some incoherency in her claims'

Actress and filmaker Omoni Oboli has reacted to the rape allegation levelled against COZA pastor, Biodun Fatoyinbo, by wife of singer Timi Dakolo.

In her post, Omoni said she stands with Busola but that were some incoherency in her claims which she believed was born out of ''truthfulness''.

Read what she wrote below.

I don’t know where to start concerning the story that’s still unfolding as I write.
The Bible warns us to “be quick to hear, be slow to speak, and be slow to wrath”, and going by my personal experience of seeing how quickly many took sides without first getting all the facts, weighing it against the character of all the parties involved, given our antecedents, and then drawing conclusions from evidence and an objective comparative analysis of the accounts, rather than from emotions, envy, the thrill of seeing strife, I have waited to digest the whole matter first.
What’s her motive for speaking out? Was it just to spite the pastor in question? Was it to destroy his reputation, or gain some financial advantage? Was it to build followership through the scandal that would surely come, not knowing that the pendulum could swing in either direction, for or against her? What exactly would spur a wife of a reputable and beloved entertainer, a mother, a business woman, with a beautiful life, coveted by many, to come out to make this kind of accusation?

Given her antecedent of being a calm, ‘dramaless’ queen (unless Timi says otherwise), with no history of seeking attention or being overly dramatic (at least not publicly), how did she get to this point of going public at such a time as this simply to make ‘spurious’ accusations against a ‘man of god’, as some have said in a bid to sound ‘objective’? I listened to the story, and because I know her husband, and his personality, I restrained myself from trying to weigh in based on the emotions that came flooding in, but here’s the thing, there was some incoherency in some of the claims, not because I believe she lied about them, but in my opinion was born out of the truthfulness of the real account. Why do I say that? Because unless you planned your own rape, the accounts are expected to sound incredible and spurious, and I suspect that’s why we don’t have so many convictions in many rape cases. Is there a manual, or rapist playbook that’s being distributed to all would-be rape victims (aka all women, and some boys and men) that I missed that gives point by point descriptions.

[b]via and more>>[/b]https://kupelove..com/2019/07/rape-allegation-omoni-oboli-stands-with.html

Re: Omoni Oboli Reacts To Busola Dakolo, Pastor Bidoun Fatoyinbo Rape Allegation by Nobody: 3:19pm On Jul 02, 2019
abbey621:
I know people react differently to Trauma but in all of 20 years, she didn't bother to confide in her parents or siblings? I keep hearing people say, why would she lie but just listen to the story, raped not once but twice, after being raped she went to work for the pastor and his wife. Continued to worship in the church and up to date no one, not even her siblings or friends could mention she confided in them 20 years ago or 15 years ago.

Yes we can all crucify a man because well let's face it he's a man and men have been known to be guilty in 90% of all rape cases but we've also seen cases where a man was sent to jail for over 2 decades for rape allegations only to be found innocent. In the end, this man only has himself to blame for being so loose with women and not taking his profession seriously enough to block out the temptations. Hope he learns his lesson!

The pastor doesnt owe anyone how he lives his life. Why should he decide to block the temptations? Do u block ur own temptations? Whose life is it? Why not start by telling the ladies to eliminate themselves from constituting being a temptation to him? Is having multiple partners against the law? U urself quoting, are u holy? Are u a virgin or a virgin till u married?

My point is, how do u know if his building of d church and everything was his own strategic way to bcom successful, then u now tell him not to enjoy women if he chooses to? Its his life. If members dislike him; they can quit. No gun on their heads. Abi na
Re: Omoni Oboli Reacts To Busola Dakolo, Pastor Bidoun Fatoyinbo Rape Allegation by abbey621(m): 3:28pm On Jul 02, 2019
Kalixx:

The pastor doesnt owe anyone how he lives his life. Why should he decide to block the temptations? Do u block ur own temptations? Whose life is it? Why not start by telling the ladies to eliminate themselves from constituting being a temptation to him? Is having multiple partners against the law? U urself quoting, are u holy? Are u a virgin or a virgin till u married?

My point is, how do u know if his building of d church and everything was his own strategic way to bcom successful, then u now tell him not to enjoy women if he chooses to? Its his life. If members dislike him; they can quit. No gun on their heads. Abi na

You're missing my point, no one is telling him how to live or not enjoy women. Heck let him live wild and free but let him also be aware that reputation is everything. People are less likely to defend you if you have a reputation for doing wild things. In this instance, rape is a very serious allegation. Some people crucify him not because they have concrete evidence but because multiple ladies are narrating their ordeals with him. From unwanted advances to illicit affairs, these makes it easy to label him as a bad man.

Furthermore, you think you are talking about a mere man here, this is a senior pastor. His title makes him someone that would preach against immorality and so on, why do you think people wouldn't be upset when he acts immorally allegedly or confirmed? It's like a doctor preaching against obesity while weighing 500kg....lol
Re: Omoni Oboli Reacts To Busola Dakolo, Pastor Bidoun Fatoyinbo Rape Allegation by Nobody: 4:21pm On Jul 02, 2019
partnerbizz5:

WHY IS SHE BITTER NOW?

BUT WHY COME OUT NOW?

IT WAS NOT RAPE PEOPLE.

USE your senses.

LEGAL VIEW:

#SAYNOTORAPE.
We think alike. This has been my analysis, I think she was even in love with the pastor when she was 17
Re: Omoni Oboli Reacts To Busola Dakolo, Pastor Bidoun Fatoyinbo Rape Allegation by tomdon(m): 4:45pm On Jul 02, 2019
daddytime:

You're right.
How could her sister be home and not having planned with that sister, he came before 6am and it was Busola that came to get him, and in broad daylight, he brought out his hard erect Gbola and easily penetrated a virgin who wasn't initially automatically in compliance and the sister didn't hear anything the whole time.
To my mind, it's either she didn't really have anything much against loosing her virginity to him then but she now has a grouse against him and is reflecting back on how it wasn't her plan but he got it from her.
Re: Omoni Oboli Reacts To Busola Dakolo, Pastor Bidoun Fatoyinbo Rape Allegation by Lagbaja01(m): 4:53pm On Jul 02, 2019
Let's been fair bro Busola of 18yrs ago might be one of this slayqueens of today, from the story, Busola wasn't raped, they had an affair and if true Busola can never the be only one he had/having an affair with.I think there was no better way to expose the nympho pastor that's why she think she had to come through the point of rape. Pastor having and extramarital affair is disgraceful/ public mockery to Christianity. Pastor Biodun should be placed on serious church descipline since there's no concrete evidence is available to be presented in court of law for his conviction
dyydxx:

The purpose isn't to press any charges obviously. You can't prove an alleged rape case after 17 years. In most countries, the statute of limitation would have even passed, although some states in the US treat rape cases like murder, so no statute of limitations. More importantly, it appears in Nigeria 20 years ago the age of consent was 11 years. So legally under Nigerian Law as at the time of occurrence, she was of age. So there isn't any criminal case here. She can seek civil redress but to what end The reason for the revelation is to expose the man with a legendary history of taking advantage of naive young church girls under his care. Ask any COZA female active member at Uniilorin during the 2000s and you will hear stories. And it wasn't called COZA then by the way. Ese's case was in 2013 and we are still waiting for his robust response. So Yes, the main purpose of the revelation now is to expose the man for who he is. I'm almost sure he still has some church girls he is currently straffing even as we speak. So let everyone know his behaviour, so that if after that you choose to be sexually slaughtered at least you were warned. We need to get rid of the culture of sweeping things under the carpet
Re: Omoni Oboli Reacts To Busola Dakolo, Pastor Bidoun Fatoyinbo Rape Allegation by divineappo(m): 4:55pm On Jul 02, 2019
partnerbizz5:

WHY IS SHE BITTER NOW?

BUT WHY COME OUT NOW?

IT WAS NOT RAPE PEOPLE.

USE your senses.

LEGAL VIEW:

#SAYNOTORAPE.
hmm
Re: Omoni Oboli Reacts To Busola Dakolo, Pastor Bidoun Fatoyinbo Rape Allegation by Nobody: 4:57pm On Jul 02, 2019
darkelf:

Beautiful analysis. Kudos

I share many of your sentiments. I also think that this could be the result of a blackmail gone wrong. They probably threatened the pastor with it before going public. And guy man refused to drop currency. Thus, they then decided to make good on their threats.
I quite agree with your submission
Re: Omoni Oboli Reacts To Busola Dakolo, Pastor Bidoun Fatoyinbo Rape Allegation by princeade86(m): 4:58pm On Jul 02, 2019
partnerbizz5:

WHY IS SHE BITTER NOW?

BUT WHY COME OUT NOW?

IT WAS NOT RAPE PEOPLE.

USE your senses.

LEGAL VIEW:

#SAYNOTORAPE.
my brother, even if PBF don't take her virginity, timi can't be d one to take it. Do u know how many rod that has entered it after fatoyinbo and before timi
Re: Omoni Oboli Reacts To Busola Dakolo, Pastor Bidoun Fatoyinbo Rape Allegation by Nobody: 4:59pm On Jul 02, 2019
dyydxx:

So that is the reason for the blackmail I suppose right?
Re: Omoni Oboli Reacts To Busola Dakolo, Pastor Bidoun Fatoyinbo Rape Allegation by Nobody: 5:05pm On Jul 02, 2019
darkelf:

Beautiful and insightful post.

Especially at the lack of protests against certain popular cases of rape/killings against women.

Let me add the Leah Sharibu case; how many of them protested with Oby?

How many of them have actively pursued the Chibok girls case to a logical conclusion?

How many of them have protested against SARS manhandling of our youths? This is especially ironic seeing as many of the "protesters" at COZA are youthful.

How many of them protested against Sullivan Chime when strong evidence showed he molested, abused and battered his wife? Guess they were scared of the men-in-black with guns

As you said, they have been hoodwinked by stardom, their neurons rewired by falsehood and their logic undermined by caprices.

I have come to know that celebrities are humans and are equally prone to guile and deceit.

Timi himself once proclaimed he married his wife a virgin. That's one of the main reasons I never believed his lying wife from the get go. Its either Timi is the liar or Busola or both. Nigerians forget so soon. Why lie about the virginity off your wife in the first place? Nobody asked you. Nobody needed to know that piece of info. But the brain dead protesters forgot about that and failed to ask salient questions.

#My take
So Timi actually said his wife was a virgin yet she was raped before he meet her? Can a raped victim be virgin ? Please bring the link for all to see. This sound interesting

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Stella Damasus & Third Husband Daniel Ademinokan Flaunt Wedding Rings / Uche Ogbodo Stuns In Bra Top / Veteran Musician, Chris Ajilo Is Dead (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 221
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.