Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,059 members, 7,849,282 topics. Date: Monday, 03 June 2024 at 05:51 PM

Tax Clearance For Someone Without A Job - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Tax Clearance For Someone Without A Job (758 Views)

Edo primary: APC writes IGP, PTF to seek clearance for Uzodinma, others / FIRS Gives 30-day Grace For Tax Clearance Certificate / Tax Evasion: Peter Obi Invited, As He Presents 20-Year Tax Clearance (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Tax Clearance For Someone Without A Job by Grotedingen: 6:47pm On Jul 02, 2019
Dear All,

Please I need advice on how to obtain tax clearance without being fleeced.

I don't have a job and I need tax clearance form. I went to tax office in Enugu and I was told to pay 120k.

Please house how can someone that has never worked and has no job going to pay 120k to prove that he is not owning government.

Does anyone have an idea if this is the official position of government on this matter?

If this is not the case can someone help me with contact for the right office to Lodge my complaint?

@mod please help me to get this on front page I need thanks
Re: Tax Clearance For Someone Without A Job by Academicwizman(m): 6:55pm On Jul 02, 2019
Grotedingen:
Dear All,

I don't have a job and I need tax clearance form. I went to tax office in Enugu and I was told to pay 120k.

Please house how can someone that has never worked and has no job going to pay 120k to prove that he is not owning government.

Does anyone have an idea if this is the official position of government on this matter?

If this is not the case can someone help me with contact for the right office to Lodge my complaint?

Tax Clearance Certificate (TCC) price varies from State to State. Is it compulsory to get it from Enugu State? Besides, ask if you can use Tax receipt instead. That will be very much cheaper.
Re: Tax Clearance For Someone Without A Job by Grotedingen: 6:57pm On Jul 02, 2019
Academicwizman:

Tax Clearance Certificate (TCC) price varies from State to State. Is it compulsory to get it from Enugu State? Besides, ask if you can use Tax receipt instead. That will be very much cheaper.

So one must pay for it even when you have no job? Thanks I will ask around.
Re: Tax Clearance For Someone Without A Job by Nobody: 6:59pm On Jul 02, 2019
Go back to the same office. This time get a secret recording pen or other devices. Tell the officials that you have never worked. Record the full conversation. If they ask you to pay any money, tell them that you need to have a bill/demand notice, so that your uncle will believe your request and give you the cash.
Record all proceedings and post it hete. I assure, your TCC will be issued immediately after for free.
Stop official corruption in Nigeria.

5 Likes

Re: Tax Clearance For Someone Without A Job by Academicwizman(m): 7:00pm On Jul 02, 2019
Grotedingen:

So one must pay for it even when you have no job? Thanks I will ask around.
Given that so many people operate in the informal economy, it is difficult for govt to know who has job (technically who earns income) and those who don't.
Re: Tax Clearance For Someone Without A Job by Academicwizman(m): 7:01pm On Jul 02, 2019
Amitez:
Go back to the same office. This time get a secret recording pen or other devices. Tell the officials that you have never worked. Record the full conversation. If they ask you to pay any money, tell them that wanted to have a bill/demand notice, tc so that your uncle will believe your request.
Record all proceedings and post it hete. I assure, your TCC will be issued immediately after for free.

Really? Even when they did not ask for bribe but just doing their job?
Re: Tax Clearance For Someone Without A Job by Nobody: 7:04pm On Jul 02, 2019
Academicwizman:

Really? Even when they did not ask for bribe but just doing their job?
What job? TCC is tax clearance certificate. It is a document confirming you are not indebted to government. If you did not work, your income on the certificate is N0.00 and tax paid is N0.00. So tell me why they are asking for N120k? Is it for the paper or what if nit bribe.

1 Like

Re: Tax Clearance For Someone Without A Job by Nobody: 7:11pm On Jul 02, 2019
Academicwizman:

Academicwizman:

Given that so many people operate in the informal economy, it is difficult for govt to know who has job (technically who earns income) and those who don't.
You see why corruption thrives? You are already suggesting short cut. If the guy can prove he never worked and owned no business, why go the route of fraud? Again is it his fault that government do not have database of tax payers?
Re: Tax Clearance For Someone Without A Job by Academicwizman(m): 7:11pm On Jul 02, 2019
Amitez:

What job? TCC is tax clearance certificate. It is a document confirming you are not indebted to government. If you did not work, your income on the certificate is N0.00 and tsx paid is N0.00.

That may be true in theory but not in Nigeria's govt offices.

1 Like

Re: Tax Clearance For Someone Without A Job by Academicwizman(m): 7:15pm On Jul 02, 2019
Amitez:

You see why corruption trives? You are already suggesting short cut. If the guy can orove he never worked and owned no business, why go the route of fraud? Again is it his fault that government do not have database of tax payers?

Where is the fraud? Educate yourself before jumping into conclusion. Some establishments demand for tax clearance but also collect tax receipt in its place (a waiver kind of). Both Tax receipt and TCC involved paying to govt purse, so where is the fraud?
Re: Tax Clearance For Someone Without A Job by SocialJustice: 7:27pm On Jul 02, 2019
Grotedingen:
Dear All,

Who is asking you for tax clearance when you have no job?
Re: Tax Clearance For Someone Without A Job by skedman(m): 7:47pm On Jul 02, 2019
Oga you belong to the working class and it is a must you pay
Kindly answer the following
How do you pay your bills ?
What do you do for a living
Are you married
Any job is an income

You can get a tax clearance for just 5000
Direct assessment
Re: Tax Clearance For Someone Without A Job by MayorofLagos(m): 8:16pm On Jul 02, 2019
Tax is a lifetime engagement. So what government tries to do is have a total register of everybody of taxable age. So if you are an adult you are considered taxable but you maybnot be taxed depending on your iincome status. You get a tax number and every year you make roll call to tax authority to tell them whether or not you had income. If you do not have income you tell them still. If you have income you pay tax above certain amount.

Personally to me its bullshit!

We dont have a working govt. What we have are clerks with constitutional power to issue commands and errand boys to make those errands become actions.

A govt is supposed to provide or facilitate electricity, water, security, education, welfare, heathcare, food, law, justice, pride. We dont have any of that.

In fact our govt have made it possible that pastors and imams rape women in their congregation, to disvirgin innocent girls in their spiritual guidance, to use money and wealth to entice wives and finance their divorce from their husbands, they impregnate girls they disvirgined and then get a doctor or nurse to abort the foetus planted in them. They steal from the sweat of their congregation and buy jets and porsche and G Wagon while their flocks and followers are begging on the internet for help. This govt does not protect citizens against insecurity from ritualists that kidnap and turn young lives into parts for manufactured wealth, it does not protect against foreigners aided bybtheir local kinsmen that carry ak47 around and mow down a whole village in massacres. This govt does not protect against fuel tankers that blow up and ruin lives or containers that fall off trucks and perish an entire family. The govt does not care about trucks that fail brakes and rush into crowds and destroy multitudes of persons.

It doesnt matter if its PDP or APC they are all same.

A govt like this does not deserve to be paid a single kobo in tax.
Re: Tax Clearance For Someone Without A Job by Grotedingen: 8:22pm On Jul 02, 2019
Amitez:

What job? TCC is tax clearance certificate. It is a document confirming you are not indebted to government. If you did not work, your income on the certificate is N0.00 and tax paid is N0.00. So tell me why they are asking for N120k? Is it for the paper or what if nit bribe.

The thing tire me ooh
Re: Tax Clearance For Someone Without A Job by Grotedingen: 8:22pm On Jul 02, 2019
skedman:
Oga you belong to the working class and it is a must you pay
Kindly answer the following
How do you pay your bills ?
What do you do for a living
Are you married
Any job is an income

You can get a tax clearance for just 5000
Direct assessment

I still live at home no kids to wife been looking job since graduation.

(1) (Reply)

Atiku, PDP Witnesses Attacked By Unknown Gunmen- PDP / Ruga Is A Right Not Privilege For Fulanis – Gov Badaru / SEC Commences Verification Of Dantata Investors

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.