Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,266 members, 7,811,759 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 07:00 PM

What's Your Thought About Your Right - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / What's Your Thought About Your Right (207 Views)

How Can You Be In Your Right Mind And Then Name Your Child Victor Moses? / Desperation Must Not Make You Forfeit Your Right - Aisha Yesufu Speaks On Obi / #ENDSARS: It’s Your Right To Protest, Buhari Tells Youths (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

What's Your Thought About Your Right by moshood521: 11:44pm On Jul 02, 2019
Nigeria ��

it's so devastating when I see how things are going on in the country, I don't have to see the whole country before I can say a thing, I keep asking myself this question whenever I work the street "am I a citizen of this country or a slave" I realize am not the only one to answer that question it for all the citizens of the country but I realize that we are not the one deciding if we are or not, the government are and I ask myself why, how come, I came to the conclusion that we as a citizen down to the lowest don't know our own rights which is the most important factor here, the government do say they protect the citizen but I do not see protection from my own angle I can only see enslavement, it's hard this days for a casual guy to dress nice and work the street, he will definitely be harass by the cops before he get to his destination, all in the name of chasing the bad guys while inconvienting the good once and your privacy will definitely be breeched in the process without a warrant (which an average Nigeria don't know that a cop need this before he can even touch you or a proof of you been caught in the act), lots of things goes on not limited to you been haras on the street, they will also badge in your house in the name of chasing the bad guys without a warrant or even showing an ID, how do I know they are not robbers, there means of identification is there gun and uniform in most case which anybody can actually sew and put on, but that's not the point, even when you try to stand on your right you get beat up to poop like a slave, I come to think of it who get beaten, a citizen or (a slave/criminal) now which category do we belong, am sure you know that already, lots of people have talked about this trying to blame the government and the likes believe me my points here are not for the government but for the citizens of Nigeria, let me remind you of something you already knew before I shot my thought off because when I think of Nigeria it goes ablaze that for me to stay safe I just need not think of it, the government are not does who represent the country or whatever they are representing, thats what lots of people don't know and does who knows have taken it as a norm but all I see is just an oppression, the government is not just called government of the people if the people aiint the government, it can not be called government for the people if the people are not the government am sure you get my point there and if you don't let it ponder in your brain.

we Nigerians have taken oppression as a norm, if you're been stumble upon its a norm, if you get beaten by the cops without an offense it's a norm, if the cops brake into your workshop without a warrant it's a norm, why because they are the cops they have right to do anything, says who?.
No one can make you into something you don't want to become. but that fails here in Nigeria I will talk about that another time.

(1) (Reply)

See Senator Elisha Abbo Finally React To Trending Video Of His Alleged Assault / Again, Ex Senator Bruce Shares Pic Of Meeting With British High Commissioner / We Are Intensifying Efforts To Rescue Leah Sharibu And Others- Buhari

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.