Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,160,777 members, 7,844,527 topics. Date: Wednesday, 29 May 2024 at 11:03 PM

Former MD Of Oceanic Bank, Cecilia Ibru, Convicted Of Bank Fraud - Business (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Former MD Of Oceanic Bank, Cecilia Ibru, Convicted Of Bank Fraud (21365 Views)

Oceanic Bank Now Eco Bank? / Loan: Jimoh Ibrahim Pays N3bn To Oceanic Bank / Assistance Wanted: Swift Code Of Oceanic Bank Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Former MD Of Oceanic Bank, Cecilia Ibru, Convicted Of Bank Fraud by Sagamite(m): 8:12pm On Oct 09, 2010
KnowAll:

The operation of private Banks is shreded in secrecy, the word private in its conotations means what it says, to start with nobody know u are a depositor except the bank, so the idea of  u screaming blue-murder when u lose your deposit would not be entertained. You cannot lose what u don't have in the first place.   look oh boy, this is  uncharted territory to people like u and I don't want to bore u with things u don't know. Let us keep to the Ibru story.

Nah!

You are mistaken.

All private banks that TAKE PUBLIC depositor funds face the rules and regulations of the sovereign regulator.

These rules and regulations are in place to protect the depositors from loss.

If you don't know that, that is obviously not your territory.
Re: Former MD Of Oceanic Bank, Cecilia Ibru, Convicted Of Bank Fraud by LadyT(f): 8:16pm On Oct 09, 2010
Shes not dying shes faking some heart sickness.

The amount she stole is enough to give anyone a heart attack and I am 100% ceratin there is plenty money more stored away somewhere.
Re: Former MD Of Oceanic Bank, Cecilia Ibru, Convicted Of Bank Fraud by KnowAll(m): 8:20pm On Oct 09, 2010
Nah!

You are mistaken.

All private banks that TAKE PUBLIC depositor funds face the rules and regulations of the sovereign regulator.

These rules and regulations are in place to protect the depositors from loss.

If you don't know that, that is obviously not your territory.

That is why the public got there money back in Saraki's Bank, they take care of their high net individuals(reason why Okocha got his money back) but the rest of you can go to blazes. In the Western countries they keep money for high net individuals, it is a Gentleman's club.
Re: Former MD Of Oceanic Bank, Cecilia Ibru, Convicted Of Bank Fraud by Sagamite(m): 8:26pm On Oct 09, 2010
KnowAll:

That is why the public got there money back in Saraki's Bank, they take care of their high net individuals(reason why Okocha got his money back) but the rest of you can go to blazes. In the Western countries they keep money for high net individuals, it is a Gentleman's club.

I don't get your points here.

Come again.
Re: Former MD Of Oceanic Bank, Cecilia Ibru, Convicted Of Bank Fraud by KnowAll(m): 8:31pm On Oct 09, 2010

Come again.

I am telling u joe public lasisi got his money back in Saraki's bank, becos the bank had to follow CBN supposedly guidelins and regulations.
Re: Former MD Of Oceanic Bank, Cecilia Ibru, Convicted Of Bank Fraud by KnowAll(m): 8:36pm On Oct 09, 2010

Come again.

You might know who joe public is, this would help.

A generic name used informally to denote a hypothetical member of society deemed a "common man" in the United Kingdom, known as John Q. Public in the United States
Re: Former MD Of Oceanic Bank, Cecilia Ibru, Convicted Of Bank Fraud by Sagamite(m): 8:45pm On Oct 09, 2010
KnowAll:

I am telling u joe public lasisi got his money back in Saraki's bank, becos the bank had to follow CBN supposedly guidelins and regulations.

What I am trying to tell you is that there are rules and regulations that applies to ALL banks that take public peoples money as deposit irrespective of the bank being public OR PRIVATE.

Under those rules and regulations, Ibru would have broken them even if the bank was private.

You don't open a bank and do as you wish under the excuse "it is a private bank".
Re: Former MD Of Oceanic Bank, Cecilia Ibru, Convicted Of Bank Fraud by Sagamite(m): 8:48pm On Oct 09, 2010
Furthermore you are confusing me with these contradicting statements:

KnowAll:

KnowAll:

Re: Former MD Of Oceanic Bank, Cecilia Ibru, Convicted Of Bank Fraud by Nobody: 8:51pm On Oct 09, 2010
Na whao. I am short of words.
Re: Former MD Of Oceanic Bank, Cecilia Ibru, Convicted Of Bank Fraud by KnowAll(m): 8:52pm On Oct 09, 2010
What I am trying to tell you is that there are rules and regulations that applies to ALL banks that take public peoples money as deposit irrespective of the bank being public OR PRIVATE.

Under those rules and regulations, Ibru would have broken them even if the bank was private.

You don't open a bank and do as you wish under the excuse "it is a private bank".

But Saraki broke this same rule, what came of it
Re: Former MD Of Oceanic Bank, Cecilia Ibru, Convicted Of Bank Fraud by LadyT(f): 8:54pm On Oct 09, 2010
Why are people nit picking. Are some trying to say its not fair she got punished (weak punishment)?
Re: Former MD Of Oceanic Bank, Cecilia Ibru, Convicted Of Bank Fraud by KnowAll(m): 8:59pm On Oct 09, 2010
I am telling u joe public lasisi got his money back in Saraki's bank, becos the bank had to follow CBN supposedly guidelins and regulations

that is a statement informing u of the contrary rather than the obvious it is common knowledge "joe public lasisi" did not see his deposit again.[/size]
Re: Former MD Of Oceanic Bank, Cecilia Ibru, Convicted Of Bank Fraud by reindeer: 9:00pm On Oct 09, 2010
Walahi!
We need to line up any single person who finds a reason for supporting such a moster and shoot all of them along with their goddess of greed!
Haba!
Do you know how many staffers in that bank  wept because of this single %%$£%!!
Please moderator abeg give us the IP address of everyone supporting this woman, covertly or overtly, we should give them maximum shishi(a la exife) angry
Re: Former MD Of Oceanic Bank, Cecilia Ibru, Convicted Of Bank Fraud by martinosi: 9:00pm On Oct 09, 2010
LadyT:

Why are people nit picking.  Are some trying to say its not fair she got punished (weak punishment)?

She was made a scape-goat, she was singled out, no woman in nigeria has that kind
of cloat to commit such fraud.

Its a Mans WORLD in Nigeria!
Re: Former MD Of Oceanic Bank, Cecilia Ibru, Convicted Of Bank Fraud by KnowAll(m): 9:04pm On Oct 09, 2010
She was made a scape-goat, she was singled out, no woman in nigeria has that kind

Its a Mans WORLD in Nigeria,

I agree with this gentleman, what is the point picking up the guy/girl who do the deed and close case. When other co-conspirators are still enjoying the largesse of other people's money.
Re: Former MD Of Oceanic Bank, Cecilia Ibru, Convicted Of Bank Fraud by Nobody: 9:05pm On Oct 09, 2010
so this is what the twats who were screaming aboki agenda, northernization of nigeria, olodo sharia graduate etc etc  have to say  cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy

take that crow and shove it down  cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy
Re: Former MD Of Oceanic Bank, Cecilia Ibru, Convicted Of Bank Fraud by LadyT(f): 9:06pm On Oct 09, 2010
martinosi:

undecided This is why we will never progress.  Are you serious? so if we cant get everyone no one should be punished?

*rolls eyes*
Re: Former MD Of Oceanic Bank, Cecilia Ibru, Convicted Of Bank Fraud by Sagamite(m): 9:06pm On Oct 09, 2010
KnowAll:

But Saraki broke this same rule, what came of it

As I suspected, you were being sarcastic. I asked you to clarify just to be sure.

Now lets get to the lesson, because of evidence of insanity having taken place before DOES NOT, I repeat, DOES NOT stand as basis for justification for continued insanity.

For example, you can not come here and justify a president cancelling a free and fair election with excuse that IBB did the same in 1992.

In a SANE country, with SANE banking systems, with SANE people in power, activities like that would not happen in a private bank. Please do not come here saying Saraki got away with it under the insanity on Abasha and think it is or should be the norm.

Furthermore, don't come here to say:

KnowAll:

look oh boy, this is  uncharted territory to people like u and I don't want to bore u with things u don't know. Let us keep to the Ibru story.

That is laughable.

And it is more so hearing your arguments on it.
Re: Former MD Of Oceanic Bank, Cecilia Ibru, Convicted Of Bank Fraud by KnowAll(m): 9:09pm On Oct 09, 2010
I can remember Soludo going state to state telling civil servants the virtues of buying shares, in hindsight Messer's Soludo was usy drumming up enough "Mugus" for Akingbola and Ibru. Who is fooling who, this judgment is half-harted to say the least.
Re: Former MD Of Oceanic Bank, Cecilia Ibru, Convicted Of Bank Fraud by Sagamite(m): 9:10pm On Oct 09, 2010
martinosi:

Typical Nigerian retarded and wild conjecture!
Re: Former MD Of Oceanic Bank, Cecilia Ibru, Convicted Of Bank Fraud by Sagamite(m): 9:14pm On Oct 09, 2010
KnowAll:

I can remember Soludo going state to state telling civil servants the virtues of buying shares, in hindsight Messer's Soludo was usy drumming up enough "Mugus" for Akingbola and Ibru. Who is fooling who, this judgment is half-harted to say the least.

If you know anything about laws, you can only accuse Soludo of utter incompetence.

You cannot charge him to court except he abetted anyone in commiting a crime knowing they are going to commit the crime and/or he benefitted from the criminal activities.
Re: Former MD Of Oceanic Bank, Cecilia Ibru, Convicted Of Bank Fraud by KnowAll(m): 9:18pm On Oct 09, 2010
s I suspected, you were being sarcastic. I asked you to clarify just to be sure.

Now lets get to the lesson, because of evidence of insanity having taken place before DOES NOT, I repeat, DOES NOT stand as basis for justification for continued insanity.

You can not come here and justify a president cancelling a free and fair election with excuse that IBB did the same in 1992.

In a SANE country, with SANE banking systems, with SANE people in power, activities like that would not happen in a private bank. Please do not come here saying Saraki got away with it under the insanity on Abasha and think it is or should be the norm.

Furthermore, don't come here to say:

I said earlier I don't want to indulge you in that fantasy of yours, argueing and hanranguing over hypothetical scenerios has never been my thing, Ibru's case has no semblance to what obtains in a private bank and really there is no point going there. I shall not heed to any argument based on drummed up conjectuals anymore.  
Re: Former MD Of Oceanic Bank, Cecilia Ibru, Convicted Of Bank Fraud by LadyT(f): 9:22pm On Oct 09, 2010
Knowall I guess the user name knownothing was already in use when you joined.

Spitting high a level of stupid grammer does not mask the fact that you sir are talking nonsense
Re: Former MD Of Oceanic Bank, Cecilia Ibru, Convicted Of Bank Fraud by martinosi: 9:22pm On Oct 09, 2010
Sagamite:

Typical Nigerian retarded and wild conjecture!

Come on, was she the only one, lets see the bigger picture here, HABA!!!
Re: Former MD Of Oceanic Bank, Cecilia Ibru, Convicted Of Bank Fraud by KnowAll(m): 9:30pm On Oct 09, 2010

Spitting high a level of silly grammer does not mask the fact that you sir are talking nonsense

Nigerians are very emotive people, but there is more to this crime than that charade in that court room. If u belive that fat woman can pull a crime like that on her own without some shadowy hands in the CBN and other corridors of power then, u must have an IQ of ant. Even almanjeri's can see the bigger picture.
Re: Former MD Of Oceanic Bank, Cecilia Ibru, Convicted Of Bank Fraud by LadyT(f): 9:32pm On Oct 09, 2010
Mr Knownothing with all your ranting you have still not given an sensible alternative to what should be done.

Should she keep the stolen goods or what?
Re: Former MD Of Oceanic Bank, Cecilia Ibru, Convicted Of Bank Fraud by Sagamite(m): 9:35pm On Oct 09, 2010
martinosi:

Come on, was she the only one, lets see the bigger picture here, HABA!!!

https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-527888.128.html#msg6909106
Re: Former MD Of Oceanic Bank, Cecilia Ibru, Convicted Of Bank Fraud by Lagosboy: 9:35pm On Oct 09, 2010
When Sanusi said some of these CEOs deserves to be shot , i guess we now understand what he means.

No sane person would see the list of properties this ugly greedy fat woman illicitly acquired and not want to at least give her a slap for each property she fradulently acquired. 190 billion is about $1.3 billion that is  f***ing lots of money in any currency in the hands of one woman at the detriment of innocent depositors. Ultimate betrayal of trust i would say, worse than any armed robbery of every kind as it is like keeping your money in a bank (safest place) because you dont want robbers to rob your home or fire incident. Your money is then stolen in the safest people and you wake up a pauper the next day while the fat cow is flying in a private jet to her mansion in florida or cooiling off at her tens of houses in ikoyi.
Re: Former MD Of Oceanic Bank, Cecilia Ibru, Convicted Of Bank Fraud by SapeleGuy: 9:37pm On Oct 09, 2010
Nigerians and selective justice.

All the bank MD's from that era were guilty, jail all of them.
Re: Former MD Of Oceanic Bank, Cecilia Ibru, Convicted Of Bank Fraud by Sagamite(m): 9:39pm On Oct 09, 2010
LadyT:

Spitting high a level of silly grammer does not mask the fact that you sir are talking nonsense

Don't mind him.

I can't stand when people can not stand corrected when they goof due to their ignorance.

Imagine HIM saying financial services is uncharted territory to ME, and he does not want to bore me.  grin

He can continue blowing grammar and trying to wriggle out by saying he does not want to argue hypothetical.

I suggest he goes and read up on financial services regulation and then he can know what territories I have dealt with at work.
Re: Former MD Of Oceanic Bank, Cecilia Ibru, Convicted Of Bank Fraud by Sagamite(m): 9:44pm On Oct 09, 2010
Lagosboy:

When Sanusi said some of these CEOs deserves to be shot , i guess we now understand what he means.

No sane person would see the list of properties this ugly greedy fat woman illicitly acquired and not want to at least give her a slap for each property she fradulently acquired. 190 billion is about $1.3 billion that is  f***ing lots of money in any currency in the hands of one woman at the detriment of innocent depositors. Ultimate betrayal of trust i would say, worse than any armed robbery of every kind as it is like keeping your money in a bank (safest place) because you dont want robbers to rob your home or fire incident. Your money is then stolen in the safest people and you wake up a pauper the next day while the fat cow is flying in a private jet to her mansion in florida or cooiling off at her tens of houses in ikoyi.

What is wrong with you?

Some people think she is being victimised, scape-goated and witch-hunted.

It is only $1.3Bn now.

grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

F-CK DEMOCRACY!!! Not everyone should have a right to vote.
Re: Former MD Of Oceanic Bank, Cecilia Ibru, Convicted Of Bank Fraud by DrKitaun(m): 9:47pm On Oct 09, 2010
KnowAll:

Nigerians are very emotive people, but there is more to this crime than that charade in that court room. If u belive that fat woman can pull a crime like that on her own without some shadowy hands in the CBN and other corridors of power then,  u must have an IQ of ant. Even almanjeri's can see the bigger picture.

too much loose talk !

only a fool would argue that the thieving Bank MDs had their own people in the CBN . . . .what we are talking about here is that

* no one should bother arguing that she is innocent, u dont plea bargain without an admission of guilty or complicity of sorts.

* her  stealing or even being worth in cash or assets 1bn dollars in a country where there is so much poverty is crazy !!!

* her getting 6 months is a slap on the face of everything the anti-corruption campaign stands for

* the judiciary here, is continually giving us reasons why the rich will remain richer and the poor poorer . . .Bode George might be in prison but he is still buying cars for people . . . the money is there ! and he wouldnt mind serving out the term  grin

* which one be Reddington hospital for this matter ? instead make dem throw am for Kirikiri dem dey give am prefential treatment that will ensure she doesnt spend a day in prison  shocked

Let me add, Kola Awodein the EFCC is a fat fool, HOW COULD HE DROP ALL THE OTHER CHARGES ? FOR WHAT ? WHAT OF THE NANSHET LOAN - THE ONE THAT SHE GAVE THE NANNY OF HER CHILDREN ?  angry

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply)

UBA Master Card & UBA Africard, What Is The Diffirence? / Is E-naira Dead? / Lekki And Ikoyi Toll Fares To Increase February 1– LCC

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.