Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,705 members, 7,809,684 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 01:03 PM

UBA Master Card & UBA Africard, What Is The Diffirence? - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / UBA Master Card & UBA Africard, What Is The Diffirence? (21335 Views)

UBA Africard & Zenith Bank Prepaid Card / Need Info About UBA Africard / Your experiences with the UBA Naira Visa Africard (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

UBA Master Card & UBA Africard, What Is The Diffirence? by Tonjeola1(m): 6:29pm On Dec 27, 2012
Hi Nairalands,
compliment of the season to you all!

I went to UBA ijebu ode Branch, for the usual Africard, but i was told to get UBA Master card, that Africard is not available or they have stop issueing it, now my point is does the Master card enjoy the same advantage like Africard?
Please, suggestion...
Re: UBA Master Card & UBA Africard, What Is The Diffirence? by Nobody: 7:20pm On Dec 27, 2012
Africard is great tho....
Re: UBA Master Card & UBA Africard, What Is The Diffirence? by Tonjeola1(m): 7:40pm On Dec 27, 2012
Do u contact the bank?
It has alot of advantages but the customer care said, is not available. I just want to know if the Master cash has the same advantages from those who has used the two. Please, where do you get yours?
Re: UBA Master Card & UBA Africard, What Is The Diffirence? by DaddyDey: 8:01pm On Dec 27, 2012
Hi,also a victim of this UbaAfricard, the difference is UbaAfricard is not for online business not attached to any account or Name unlike the Master card,this is attached to your account with the bank and can be used online.thnks Daddy Dey
Re: UBA Master Card & UBA Africard, What Is The Diffirence? by oseiwe(m): 8:42pm On Dec 27, 2012
Tonjeola1: Hi Nairalands,
compliment of the season to you all!

I went to UBA ijebu ode Branch, for the usual Africard, but i was told to get UBA Master card, that Africard is not available or they have stop issueing it, now my point is does the Master card enjoy the same advantage like Africard?
Please, suggestion...
D africard is a prepaid card dat is not linked to any acct and advisable for online transactions while d mastercard is a debit card linked to ur acct and can do dsame ting. D diff is d acct linkage.

1 Like

Re: UBA Master Card & UBA Africard, What Is The Diffirence? by Tonjeola1(m): 12:06am On Dec 28, 2012
oseiwe:
D africard is a prepaid card dat is not linked to any acct and advisable for online transactions while d mastercard is a debit card linked to ur acct and can do dsame ting. D diff is d acct linkage.
thanks. I appreciate your contribution.
Re: UBA Master Card & UBA Africard, What Is The Diffirence? by goldplated(m): 7:39am On Dec 28, 2012
oseiwe:

In addition you can withdraw with your UBA Africard. As long as any deposit is made to the card, you can go to any ATM and withdraw your cash. note africard is Visa Card. And you can also link the Africard but it will take time for you to get it unlike the instant card not linked.

1 Like

Re: UBA Master Card & UBA Africard, What Is The Diffirence? by alonso2214(m): 8:09am On Dec 28, 2012
Please am in d same shoe with my brother here i want to apply for the u.b.a mastercard which i want to use to fund my newly nairabet account, can anyone got the idea maybe this card works for nairabet. Thanks...
Re: UBA Master Card & UBA Africard, What Is The Diffirence? by dady12: 8:15am On Dec 28, 2012
i also went to the bank yesterday and was told to wait ,but left after spending much of my time there,pls somebody should tell me how much can be require to uba get master card ,cos dont know uba minimum acct oppening ,and if i will be giving the africard,how much is the minimum can one use to fund it?
Re: UBA Master Card & UBA Africard, What Is The Diffirence? by goldplated(m): 10:13am On Dec 28, 2012
alonso2214: Please am in d same shoe with my brother here i want to apply for the u.b.a mastercard which i want to use to fund my newly nairabet account, can anyone got the idea maybe this card works for nairabet. Thanks...

havent used it but i think it will work

dady12: i also went to the bank yesterday and was told to wait ,but left after spending much of my time there,pls somebody should tell me how much can be require to uba get master card ,cos dont know uba minimum acct oppening ,and if i will be giving the africard,how much is the minimum can one use to fund it?

is uba minimum account opening still N25k? just ask their customer care. When you open your account, you will get your atm card, just tell customer care to make it uba mastercard. on africard i dont think theres minimum required to fund it. i've funded mine with N500 at a certain time. note that you fund it with naira and spend online using current dollar exchange rate.

1 Like

Re: UBA Master Card & UBA Africard, What Is The Diffirence? by Tonjeola1(m): 10:39am On Dec 28, 2012
dady12: i also went to the bank yesterday and was told to wait ,but left after spending much of my time there,pls somebody should tell me how much can be require to uba get master card ,cos dont know uba minimum acct oppening ,and if i will be giving the africard,how much is the minimum can one use to fund it?
i think is N2k, becos customer care told me, i must ve N2k in my savings acct for them to issue me Master card.
Re: UBA Master Card & UBA Africard, What Is The Diffirence? by oseiwe(m): 12:29pm On Dec 28, 2012
D minimum acct opening balance is 2k, mastercard and africard issuance is 750naira, but for d card witout ur name on it, its 500naira.
Africard can be funded wit any amount, and dat 750 will be debited from ur 2k.

1 Like

Re: UBA Master Card & UBA Africard, What Is The Diffirence? by oseiwe(m): 12:32pm On Dec 28, 2012
alonso2214: Please am in d same shoe with my brother here i want to apply for the u.b.a mastercard which i want to use to fund my newly nairabet account, can anyone got the idea maybe this card works for nairabet. Thanks...
Yeah. It works.
Re: UBA Master Card & UBA Africard, What Is The Diffirence? by onatisi(m): 1:17pm On Dec 28, 2012
someone complained about having problems with africard ,the quetion is which of these two cards i better and which has greater global acceptability .

1 Like

Re: UBA Master Card & UBA Africard, What Is The Diffirence? by dady12: 1:33pm On Dec 28, 2012
[quote
author=goldplated]

havent used it but i think it will work

is uba minimum account opening still N25k? just ask their customer care.
When you open your account, you will get your atm card, just tell
customer care to make it uba mastercard. on africard i dont think theres
minimum required to fund it. i've funded mine with N500 at a certain
time. note that you fund it with naira and spend online using current
dollar exchange rate.[/quote]thank you for your wise advice
Re: UBA Master Card & UBA Africard, What Is The Diffirence? by dady12: 1:35pm On Dec 28, 2012
Tonjeola1:
i think is N2k, becos customer care told me, i must ve N2k in my savings acct for them to issue me Master card.
thank you broda
Re: UBA Master Card & UBA Africard, What Is The Diffirence? by dady12: 1:36pm On Dec 28, 2012
[quote
author=oseiwe]
D minimum acct opening balance is 2k, mastercard and africard issuance
is 750naira, but for d card witout ur name on it, its 500naira.
Africard can be funded wit any amount, and dat 750 will be debited from
ur 2k.[/quote] thank you broda God bless
Re: UBA Master Card & UBA Africard, What Is The Diffirence? by DaddyDey: 12:33am On Dec 30, 2012
Hi, people should stop wasting their time with UbaAfricard or mastercard that takes days, Zenith Bank visa card is fantastic faster to obtain just 48 hours duration and you fund in Dollars,make purchases almost immediately and has 3years expiry date, can you believe that, card issued without any compulsory deposit except that you most fund it before usage,their commission is $20 on activation. I prefer them and once you fund in dollar you know you balance in dollar though Uba mastercard value depends on the prevailing exchange rate for your conversion.I still recommend Zenith Visacard stress free. thanks.Daddy Dey
Re: UBA Master Card & UBA Africard, What Is The Diffirence? by onatisi(m): 1:54am On Dec 30, 2012
Daddy Dey: Hi, people should stop wasting their time with UbaAfricard or mastercard that takes days, Zenith Bank visa card is fantastic faster to obtain just 48 hours duration and you fund in Dollars,make purchases almost immediately and has 3years expiry date, can you believe that, card issued without any compulsory deposit except that you most fund it before usage,their commission is $20 on activation. I prefer them and once you fund in dollar you know you balance in dollar though Uba mastercard value depends on the prevailing exchange rate for your conversion.I still recommend Zenith Visacard stress free. thanks.Daddy Dey
judging from ur post nd the points u have stressed out i think uba cards re better.most of the advantage u listed for zenith card are the problems ppl want to avoid

2 Likes

Re: UBA Master Card & UBA Africard, What Is The Diffirence? by goldplated(m): 7:33am On Dec 30, 2012
Daddy Dey: Hi, people should stop wasting their time with UbaAfricard or mastercard that takes days, Zenith Bank visa card is fantastic faster to obtain just 48 hours duration and you fund in Dollars,make purchases almost immediately and has 3years expiry date, can you believe that, card issued without any compulsory deposit except that you most fund it before usage,their commission is $20 on activation. I prefer them and once you fund in dollar you know you balance in dollar though Uba mastercard value depends on the prevailing exchange rate for your conversion.I still recommend Zenith Visacard stress free. thanks.Daddy Dey

Who has the time to always go to black market to change dollar and then head back to the bank to fund the card?

Does expiry date matter? Even in that you lie, because the cards have one year expiry. I have used two cards before so stop saying bullshyt.

When talking about compulsory deposit, you lie again, because you need $20+ to fund the card at initial opening, so what are you saying. Even worse they collect $20 commission? wtf! You need N1, 000 to open your africard.

And you even list the advantage of using uba mastercard or africard depending on the prevailing exchange rate, so in your thinking which one is better: websurfer that you'll always got to blackmarket to change dollars with naira and going back to the bank with that same dollars to fund your card, and in all cases you buy above the prevailing exchange rate OR uba africard that you'll just take the naira, go to the bank and pay into your card, then all transactions will follow the exact exchange rate thats the opposite of the black market. and the best part is you dont need to calculate and have headache over exchange rates.

1 Like

Re: UBA Master Card & UBA Africard, What Is The Diffirence? by goldplated(m): 7:38am On Dec 30, 2012
onatisi: someone complained about having problems with africard ,the quetion is which of these two cards i better and which has greater global acceptability .

you are not supposed to have problems with africard except

1.the website logs your i.p and uses it to identify you. so when your i.p changes sharply, your order wont be processed.
2.you have outstanding debts to pay and you open another new account with the same card to dribble them. your card will never be processed. this happens with ppc companies like facebook ads, google ads and the rest.
Re: UBA Master Card & UBA Africard, What Is The Diffirence? by Tonjeola1(m): 11:41am On Dec 30, 2012
goldplated:

Who has the time to always go to black market to change dollar and then head back to the bank to fund the card?

Does expiry date matter? Even in that you lie, because the cards have one year expiry. I have used two cards before so stop saying bullshyt.

When talking about compulsory deposit, you lie again, because you need $20+ to fund the card at initial opening, so what are you saying. Even worse they collect $20 commission? wtf! You need N1, 000 to open your africard.

And you even list the advantage of using uba mastercard or africard depending on the prevailing exchange rate, so in your thinking which one is better: websurfer that you'll always got to blackmarket to change dollars with naira and going back to the bank with that same dollars to fund your card, and in all cases you buy above the prevailing exchange rate OR uba africard that you'll just take the naira, go to the bank and pay into your card, then all transactions will follow the exact exchange rate thats the opposite of the black market. and the best part is you dont need to calculate and have headache over exchange rates.
you just said my mind, this was the reason i left skype bank visa card, i ve to go to blackmarket, change my naira to dollar 1st before heading to bank, just too stressful.
Please, i want to know if uba mastercard work like africard, becos africard is nt available. Thanks for contribution.
Re: UBA Master Card & UBA Africard, What Is The Diffirence? by goldplated(m): 12:47pm On Dec 30, 2012
Tonjeola1:
you just said my mind, this was the reason i left skype bank visa card, i ve to go to blackmarket, change my naira to dollar 1st before heading to bank, just too stressful.
Please, i want to know if uba mastercard work like africard, becos africard is nt available. Thanks for contribution.

why dont you find out from their customer care
Re: UBA Master Card & UBA Africard, What Is The Diffirence? by oseiwe(m): 6:16pm On Dec 30, 2012
Tonjeola1:
D cards work almost dsame way, I explained d diff b4.
Re: UBA Master Card & UBA Africard, What Is The Diffirence? by Tonjeola1(m): 7:56pm On Dec 30, 2012
oseiwe:
D cards work almost dsame way, I explained d diff b4.
thanks, but can it be loaded online too, like if someone make money online and wanted to transfer it to withdraw thru ATM
Re: UBA Master Card & UBA Africard, What Is The Diffirence? by oseiwe(m): 9:01pm On Dec 30, 2012
Yes. Dat money is hitting ur account, d card is just d means of collectin it. U can also transfer money online thru it.

1 Like

Re: UBA Master Card & UBA Africard, What Is The Diffirence? by starbasi(m): 9:34am On Dec 31, 2012
if u need a simple card for online payments; GTB mastercard is d best solution. i use it to purchase things online abroad and it is shipped down to naija. thanks
Re: UBA Master Card & UBA Africard, What Is The Diffirence? by Rexyl(m): 10:56am On Dec 31, 2012
starbasi: if u need a simple card for online payments; GTB mastercard is d best solution. i use it to purchase things online abroad and it is shipped down to naija. thanks

is it effective for making withdrawals? and d charges attached with it if so
Re: UBA Master Card & UBA Africard, What Is The Diffirence? by ibnquasale(m): 10:11pm On Jan 30, 2013
Rexyl:

is it effective for making withdrawals? and d charges attached with it if so

you can NOT withdraw into a mastercard in nigeria... if u are doing online biz, u need a visa jeje, otherwise,you will go thru hell to withdraw u few coins
Re: UBA Master Card & UBA Africard, What Is The Diffirence? by arbitrage: 11:29pm On Jan 30, 2013
You can fund your UBA Visa Africard from your home/office without visiting the bank if you have UBA internet banking (UBAdirect) access or UBA mobile banking (Umobile). From any other bank (wherever you have money) to your UBAdirect or Umobile (on phone) and then to your Africard.
Re: UBA Master Card & UBA Africard, What Is The Diffirence? by Ebestsmscom: 7:12am On Jan 31, 2013
oseiwe:

And also it's Visa.
Visa is more secured than MasterCard.
That means you can buy with MasterCard without entering your password but Visa you go enter am.

Visa has many advantages, not all site accept masterCard that means visa is more excepted online.

Go for visa.
Re: UBA Master Card & UBA Africard, What Is The Diffirence? by Rexyl(m): 7:35am On Feb 01, 2013
please, which of all these master card, visa card and prepaid card can be used efficiently for withdrawal online? I will appreciate your correct response. Tnx.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

The New MTN Internet Bundle Plans And Codes. / Lekki And Ikoyi Toll Fares To Increase February 1– LCC / What's The Best Way You Ever Dealt With A Debtor Who Refused To Pay?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.