Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,481 members, 7,812,482 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 02:05 PM

Governor Abdulrazaq Reinstates Salary Of Kwara 'Sunset Workers' - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Governor Abdulrazaq Reinstates Salary Of Kwara 'Sunset Workers' (14716 Views)

Governor Abdulrazaq Visits Released Nabeeha's Family Members In Abuja / Governor Abdulrazaq Visits The $300m Sugar Factory & Farm In Kwara / 'Sunset Workers' Employed By Abdulfatah Ahmed Not Sacked - Kwara Government (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Governor Abdulrazaq Reinstates Salary Of Kwara 'Sunset Workers' by yns4real: 5:23pm On Jul 03, 2019
*Breaking : Alert Received : Gov AbdulRazaq reinstates salary of Kwara 'sunset workers'*

• Approves N100m gratuities

The Governor has directed that the workers be paid their May and June salary. As a statesman and father to all, His Excellency believes the government should not punish these workers for decisions they didn't take,"

Rafiu Ajakaye, Chief Press Secretary to the Governor, said in a statement on Wednesday.

The workers are popularly known as 'sunset workers', with most governors often disengaging them for fear that they had been engaged to wrong foot the new administration. Former Governor Bukola Saraki sacked all the workers his predecessors had engaged in 2003.

"This Governor dares to be different. He has shown good will and magnanimity to all. It is expected that the affected workers will do their part by serving the state diligently," according to the statement.

AbdulRazaq has also approved the sums of N100m gratuity to demonstrate his commitment to the welfare of retirees, the statement added.

The last administration had in the twilight of its reign recruited hundreds of workers into the civil service, including teachers and ministry workers.

The recruitment triggered allegations that the beneficiaries were mainly members of the People's Democratic Party in the state and that the due process was not followed in engaging them.

"The Governor's action is another practical demonstration of his pledge to never victimise anyone for their perceived affiliations. He has therefore resolved to restore their salary," Ajakaye said.

AbdulRazaq, meanwhile, continued his tour of government facilities in the state on Wednesday, with visits to some markets in the Ilorin metropolis where he pledged to give them basic amenities like water, access roads and solar-powered electricity.

Rafiu Ajakaye
Chief Press Secretary to the Governor
03/07/2019

https://twitter.com/MediaApc/status/1146447991886290945

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Governor Abdulrazaq Reinstates Salary Of Kwara 'Sunset Workers' by Bhadmus77(m): 5:42pm On Jul 03, 2019
FTC....
but what's the fuss about being the first to comment self.
Anyways kudos to this governor.. It's time our governors move from SAYING to DOING.
sanwo olu
Dapo Abiodun
Seyi Makinde
And others to mention but a few
All eyes on you

4 Likes

Re: Governor Abdulrazaq Reinstates Salary Of Kwara 'Sunset Workers' by Nobody: 5:42pm On Jul 03, 2019
Oops
Re: Governor Abdulrazaq Reinstates Salary Of Kwara 'Sunset Workers' by kerzhim(m): 5:43pm On Jul 03, 2019
God will bless you Mr Governor...... Much reason why the #OTOGE was initiated and I'm honestly happy for the people of Kwara for taking the right decision.

38 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Governor Abdulrazaq Reinstates Salary Of Kwara 'Sunset Workers' by pwiz(m): 5:44pm On Jul 03, 2019
Nice development. So far, you have showed humility to Kwara people, and I hope you rekindle their happiness. God bless my State.

15 Likes 1 Share

Re: Governor Abdulrazaq Reinstates Salary Of Kwara 'Sunset Workers' by Sport89: 5:44pm On Jul 03, 2019
Good development

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Governor Abdulrazaq Reinstates Salary Of Kwara 'Sunset Workers' by BUSHHUNTER: 5:44pm On Jul 03, 2019
Something good from APC...its unusual.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Governor Abdulrazaq Reinstates Salary Of Kwara 'Sunset Workers' by IneedSugarMumy1(m): 5:45pm On Jul 03, 2019
cool
Re: Governor Abdulrazaq Reinstates Salary Of Kwara 'Sunset Workers' by banio: 5:45pm On Jul 03, 2019
Nice.

A worker deserves his wage

3 Likes

Re: Governor Abdulrazaq Reinstates Salary Of Kwara 'Sunset Workers' by Benekruku(m): 5:45pm On Jul 03, 2019
Happy for Kwara!

Saraki looted the soul of state treasury.

10 Likes

Re: Governor Abdulrazaq Reinstates Salary Of Kwara 'Sunset Workers' by yarimo(m): 5:46pm On Jul 03, 2019
That is very commendable, unlike his colleague from south East who is busy claiming government house is not clean instead of him focusing on how to improve the lives of his people.

22 Likes 1 Share

Re: Governor Abdulrazaq Reinstates Salary Of Kwara 'Sunset Workers' by chinavs9ja(m): 5:46pm On Jul 03, 2019
Who has received payment?

I will design your professional website....check mu signature
Re: Governor Abdulrazaq Reinstates Salary Of Kwara 'Sunset Workers' by yjgm(m): 5:46pm On Jul 03, 2019
A super gesture. I hope he does continue in this light.
Re: Governor Abdulrazaq Reinstates Salary Of Kwara 'Sunset Workers' by Olutozn54(m): 5:46pm On Jul 03, 2019
God bless him... my little sister among does that benefit.

6 Likes

Re: Governor Abdulrazaq Reinstates Salary Of Kwara 'Sunset Workers' by wifeesnatcher(m): 5:47pm On Jul 03, 2019
Saraki was a mistake to Kwara state

15 Likes 1 Share

Re: Governor Abdulrazaq Reinstates Salary Of Kwara 'Sunset Workers' by crazyABO(m): 5:51pm On Jul 03, 2019
I guess all this Apc governors they hot wink n trynna do something positive

1 Like

Re: Governor Abdulrazaq Reinstates Salary Of Kwara 'Sunset Workers' by Legendguru: 5:55pm On Jul 03, 2019
hmmmm
Re: Governor Abdulrazaq Reinstates Salary Of Kwara 'Sunset Workers' by good4all40: 6:02pm On Jul 03, 2019
This governer mean business unlike Saraki that looted the state dry

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Governor Abdulrazaq Reinstates Salary Of Kwara 'Sunset Workers' by Longluk: 6:05pm On Jul 03, 2019
Any body can bet this with me.....this guy will be the best Governor in the years to come.

15 Likes 1 Share

Re: Governor Abdulrazaq Reinstates Salary Of Kwara 'Sunset Workers' by rodshafas87(m): 6:14pm On Jul 03, 2019
Very good n better Development, More of u pls....

2 Likes

Re: Governor Abdulrazaq Reinstates Salary Of Kwara 'Sunset Workers' by BnQoyyim(m): 6:22pm On Jul 03, 2019
As one of the beneficiaries - i owe our amiable governor my mandate. He did what is practically impossible to be done by the so-called politicians.

18 Likes

Re: Governor Abdulrazaq Reinstates Salary Of Kwara 'Sunset Workers' by blazer2018: 6:25pm On Jul 03, 2019
That's good of him...very fatherly of him ...u don't throw the baby out with the bathwater..Dapo Abiodun of Ogun State should learn from him.

5 Likes

Re: Governor Abdulrazaq Reinstates Salary Of Kwara 'Sunset Workers' by manitoba(m): 6:33pm On Jul 03, 2019
Impressive.
Re: Governor Abdulrazaq Reinstates Salary Of Kwara 'Sunset Workers' by donbrowser(m): 6:34pm On Jul 03, 2019
crazyABO:
I guess all this Apc governors they hot wink n trynna do something positive
Yahaya nko
Re: Governor Abdulrazaq Reinstates Salary Of Kwara 'Sunset Workers' by Adenaph(m): 6:39pm On Jul 03, 2019
my amiable governor Kudos to you Sir.... #KwaraIseya2019

2 Likes

Re: Governor Abdulrazaq Reinstates Salary Of Kwara 'Sunset Workers' by Bbbwings: 6:44pm On Jul 03, 2019
Na only one month I see o
Make he drop the second one sharpaly
cheesy cheesy grin grin
Ps
I Don see am o
See money grin

4 Likes

Re: Governor Abdulrazaq Reinstates Salary Of Kwara 'Sunset Workers' by Firefire(m): 7:17pm On Jul 03, 2019
God bless you sir

1 Like

Re: Governor Abdulrazaq Reinstates Salary Of Kwara 'Sunset Workers' by Firefire(m): 7:18pm On Jul 03, 2019
BnQoyyim:
As one of the beneficiaries - i owe our amiable governor my mandate. He did what is practically impossible to be done by the so-called politicians.

Congratulations, where is your station?

1 Like

Re: Governor Abdulrazaq Reinstates Salary Of Kwara 'Sunset Workers' by PVision2020(m): 7:27pm On Jul 03, 2019
wow

(1) (2) (Reply)

Life No Balance: Reno Omokri & Mr Gidi Song On Southern Kaduna Killings / Samai’la Adamu Burga To Farmers: Don’t Rush To Sell Your Produce / States with The Best Infrastructure In Nigeria

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.