Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,016 members, 7,818,002 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 03:21 AM

Rape Allegations: CAN Disowns COZA Church - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Rape Allegations: CAN Disowns COZA Church (33025 Views)

CAN Disowns Ondo Pastor Arrested For Alleged Abduction / Rape Allegation: Nigerians Protest At COZA Church (Live Updates) / Busola Dakolo: Nigerians To Protest At COZA Church On Sunday Over Rape Allegatio (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Rape Allegations: CAN Disowns COZA Church by Okwyla: 7:27pm On Jul 03, 2019
The Christian Association of Nigeria (CAN) said the Commonwealth of Zion Assembly (COZA) church is not a member of its CAN family following the rape allegation levelled against its Senior Pastor, Biodun Fatoyinbo.

In press statement signed by National Legal and Public Affairs, CAN, Evang Barr Kwamkur, Samuel Vondip, the body condemned the act and admonished pastors in the country to distance themselves from rape and any act of infidelity.

“CAN is deeply concerned about the ongoing rape allegation saga arising from a confessional statement by a former female member of the Commonwealth of Zion Assembly (COZA), Mrs. Bisola Dakolo, against Pastor Biodun Fatoyinbo, the senior pastor of COZA.

“The association recognises that COZA, to the best of our knowledge, is not a member of any of the families that belong to CAN. CAN, as an association; it is equally sad that there have been recurrent allegations of rape and infidelity against some gospel ministers and other Christians as well.

“While efforts must be made to get to the root of the matter through thorough investigation, the association condemns totally, any act of infidelity either by a pastor or any member of the church of God.”

CAN frowned at immoral relationships in the society and said the acts are against the teachings of the Bible and the church.

“We urge all ministers of the gospel to shun all appearances of evil especially, unregulated closeness to persons in the church. Rape by every standard is sinful and an act of wickedness.

“We do not know for sure whether or not some or all of the allegations of rape and illicit relationship leveled against members of the clergy are true; we strongly appeal to all Christians to avoid blackmail against any brother or sister in the church for whatever reason. All of us must avoid making ourselves vulnerable.

“The association understands the challenges of preachers who, by virtue of their position as parents of all in the church, may stand the danger of being accused. All Christians, leaders most especially, must be circumspect in the way they walk, not as unwise but as wise.”

CAN called on the security agents and the judiciary to redouble their efforts in prosecuting the various cases of rape and other heinous crimes that are presently bedeviling our society without fear or prejudice.

“CAN recognises that this must be a very trying time for the ladies who leveled allegations against Pastor Biodun Fatoyinbo and on the other ministers whose stories are trending presently.

“We pray for them that to the extent to which they are true and sincere, God would strengthen and comfort them in their fight for justice. The association equally recognises that this is a very hard time for the Christian church in Nigeria, especially for worshipers in COZA and all other churches whose pastors are accused.”

https://www.akelicious.net/2019/07/rape-allegations-can-disowns-coza-church.html

11 Likes

Re: Rape Allegations: CAN Disowns COZA Church by Beremx(f): 7:37pm On Jul 03, 2019
OK noted.

I just want to ask one question. Is it possible for Timi Dakolo 's wife to have developed Stockholm syndrome for the randy pastor after the rape? Because me I don't understand why she continued going to the church after she was being raped.

Just asking

86 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Rape Allegations: CAN Disowns COZA Church by baby124: 7:52pm On Jul 03, 2019
Beremx:
OK noted.

I just want to ask one question. Is it possible for Timi Dakolo 's wife to have developed Stockholm syndrome for the randy pastor after the rape? Because me I don't understand why she continued going to the church after she was being raped.

Just asking
It’s the shame. She will want to pretend that all is well. If she refuses to go to the church, people will ask questions. It’s apparent her family members were still attending the church even after she opened up to them. Her family really failed her. Even in this revelation, none of them came out to defend her!

This story of her crying though is fake and was started by Kemi Olunloyo

92 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Rape Allegations: CAN Disowns COZA Church by Beremx(f): 8:00pm On Jul 03, 2019
baby124:

It’s the shame. She will want to pretend that all is well. If she refuses to go to the church, people will ask questions. It’s apparent her family members were still attending the church even after she opened up to them. Her family really failed her. Even in this revelation, none of them came out to defend her!

that moment her family members didn't come out in solidarity to support her really baffled me. Seems her family are still members of the church.

Too bad

58 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Rape Allegations: CAN Disowns COZA Church by Nobody: 5:42am On Jul 04, 2019
COZA again

3 Likes

Re: Rape Allegations: CAN Disowns COZA Church by nairalee(m): 5:44am On Jul 04, 2019
In this life you will never know who got ur back until when you have failed, broke, down and out

Even your family members will deny you in your trying times.

Peter, Jesus Right hand man denied him to a 12 year old pikin sotay even cock started crying bitterly.

See as CAN is now denying him. Had it been they announced that COZA donated billions of dollars to IDP would they have come out to denounce it?

Failure is indeed a BASTARD!!!

114 Likes 9 Shares

Re: Rape Allegations: CAN Disowns COZA Church by dwilliams: 5:44am On Jul 04, 2019
na this story we go hear for the next one week
Re: Rape Allegations: CAN Disowns COZA Church by Graduateacher(f): 5:44am On Jul 04, 2019
Pastor Krest has been disowned

12 Likes

Re: Rape Allegations: CAN Disowns COZA Church by BlueRayDick: 5:44am On Jul 04, 2019
CAN disown you, PFN disown you, Church of Satan disown you.

Nobody will definitely want to associate with a pedophile/serial sexx manipulator all in the name of comradeship

If Orunmila no disown am make I know wetin cause am

42 Likes

Re: Rape Allegations: CAN Disowns COZA Church by Truefaith: 5:44am On Jul 04, 2019
Check this issue up with your Bible open at www.thetruechristianfaith.com
Re: Rape Allegations: CAN Disowns COZA Church by Goldenheart(m): 5:45am On Jul 04, 2019
Wo. Na them sabi

3 Likes

Re: Rape Allegations: CAN Disowns COZA Church by mascot87(m): 5:45am On Jul 04, 2019
Peter denied Jesus when he was about to be crucified so anyone can deny anybody in the face of persecution. People have been denying family,friends,business partners etc when things turn around. Don't just get into problems,guilty or not ehn people will deny you including some of your family members. CAN isn't doing anything new afterall

24 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Rape Allegations: CAN Disowns COZA Church by mu2sa2: 5:46am On Jul 04, 2019
They will have to disown almost every "man of god". Hardly a week passes in this country a so- called man of god will be caught for engaging in unGodly act. Haba, na only christianity dey for this country? CAN itself is useless - no wonder Obj once remarked, "CAN my foot!"

6 Likes

Re: Rape Allegations: CAN Disowns COZA Church by BlueRayDick: 5:47am On Jul 04, 2019
Beremx:
OK noted.

Just asking

She left the church a lot earlier than most people are made to believe. She didn't meet and marry timi in coza as we are made to believe there is even a thread here on nairaland dated 2014 where they shared the story of how they met at House on the rock in 2010. People from coza camp are just throwing so many false info out just to make people doubt her story. You can even Google search how they met. You will know there is a calculated attempt to make the story unbelievable. At least we've seen how low they are willing to go at coza from the 10k they shared to counter protesters on Sunday

81 Likes 10 Shares

Re: Rape Allegations: CAN Disowns COZA Church by Nobody: 5:47am On Jul 04, 2019
CAN should relax abeg there are worst scamming pastor in Nigeria who are part of CAN .
he did not rape her . they had consensual sex like any of us and she enjoyed it that is why she is not rushing to file lawsuit against him.

this Dakolo said he married her a virgin so the coza guy must be very powerful. he raped her and virgined her back for Dakolo. abi Dakolo no fit identify virgin ?

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Rape Allegations: CAN Disowns COZA Church by owolabi5: 5:47am On Jul 04, 2019
Now it is getting Ugly

Meanwhile

For processing of your new vehicle registration (Lagos number plate), change of ownership, renewal of vehicle particulars such as vehicle licence, hackney permit, third-party and comprehensive insurance, roadworthiness certificate, heavy duty permit, driver's licence processing and renewal, please call: 08033539981 or 08182880902. Thanks
Re: Rape Allegations: CAN Disowns COZA Church by RiyaGoddess(f): 5:48am On Jul 04, 2019
Abeg we don hear na Abi how many times dey wan disown am.
All i know be say Pastor Biodun ma wa alright las las. Whether he is guilty or not, This is the time for him to go for a retreat on genuine repentance and reconciliation with God. This is God's own way of chastisement. God loves him so much because some never got the chance he got... After the whole phase, he will come out stronger. Ask the likes of Bishop Wale Oke and Co. Oba Alanu Ni
Read my signature jare

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Rape Allegations: CAN Disowns COZA Church by dreamwords: 5:48am On Jul 04, 2019
grin
Re: Rape Allegations: CAN Disowns COZA Church by Nobody: 5:49am On Jul 04, 2019
I hate this CAN with passion

1 Like

Re: Rape Allegations: CAN Disowns COZA Church by Tifesingz: 5:50am On Jul 04, 2019
wee you just keep kwayet? See the way he's talking like he was there... Her family is sensible na not the gullible Nigerian youths like you angry
baby124:

6 Likes

Re: Rape Allegations: CAN Disowns COZA Church by Kiddo01(m): 5:51am On Jul 04, 2019
Issorite!
Re: Rape Allegations: CAN Disowns COZA Church by nurex01(m): 5:51am On Jul 04, 2019
So, it finally reached this level.
Re: Rape Allegations: CAN Disowns COZA Church by abels(m): 5:51am On Jul 04, 2019
yes people dont want to understand this things....and as for kemi that woman is a serious virus
baby124:

1 Like

Re: Rape Allegations: CAN Disowns COZA Church by landmark86: 5:53am On Jul 04, 2019
Please wia is it stated that CAN disown COZA in the statement above?

Well that aside, if u care to no COZA is not part of CAN and u can only disown what u gave birth too. Even the Synagogue Church of All Nations owned by TB Joshua is not part of CAN and they are doing good.

Statement released by CAN is not bad is just a words of caution to all Christians not pastors only.

Now the accused pastor had step down since sunday and Timi & his wife have not file any case against him. Are they afraid or what?

Am sure by now both of them (Dakolo's) are full of regrets now because their plans is not what the see.

3 Likes

Re: Rape Allegations: CAN Disowns COZA Church by stonegarden: 5:55am On Jul 04, 2019
This COZA pastor has really entered.
Re: Rape Allegations: CAN Disowns COZA Church by Kobicove(m): 5:55am On Jul 04, 2019
COZA news again?

I thought slapping senator is the one on the front burner grin

1 Like

Re: Rape Allegations: CAN Disowns COZA Church by sassiemyk: 5:56am On Jul 04, 2019
Be it rape or mutual sex it is bad. Pastor is a married man. Ese accused him of same and back then everyone said she is a crazy Bini girl, now Busola Dakolo is a respected Photographer, making her own money. I don't see any reason she will lie against this man who hasn't even denied the allegation of " extramarital sex". So he has to suffer d consequences of his actions.

21 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Rape Allegations: CAN Disowns COZA Church by AntiWailer: 5:56am On Jul 04, 2019
Beremx:
OK noted.

Just asking

It is the manipulation

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Rape Allegations: CAN Disowns COZA Church by ichidodo: 6:01am On Jul 04, 2019
Some pastors are just lucky. They get to interact and mentor all kinds of pussies, Black pussie...Caucasian pussie....Asian pussies....Smart pussies...banker type pussies ..Choir pussies...power pussies...Fresh pussies...Brainwashed fishbrained pussies...Let's not even start with how powerfully connected these pussies are or could be especially here in Nigeria and you get to control what they control as a pastor. Its such a crazy intoxicating sh**t to be a young successful pastor in Nigeria that it can f**k your brain up.I believe the preacher just got carried away and it all went into his head.

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Rape Allegations: CAN Disowns COZA Church by BitmapStudios: 6:01am On Jul 04, 2019
Beremx:
OK noted.

Just asking
It is very possible. I've heard stories of girls that were raped at still couldn't get off the grip of their molestors even after so many years.
cool

3 Likes

Re: Rape Allegations: CAN Disowns COZA Church by Nobody: 6:02am On Jul 04, 2019
That’s the NORM.
they rush to disown you when the MONEY ceases to come
Re: Rape Allegations: CAN Disowns COZA Church by lonelydora: 6:04am On Jul 04, 2019
COZA was never a member of CAN.

They can say all they want, but we will triumph at the end. Pastor Biodun will bounce back greater very soon.

Meanwhile, Aunty Kemi has the lastest gist on this. Check her Instagram post yesterday.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Don't Distract Me With Partisan Politics - Pastor E.A Adeboye / Adeboye, Olukoya, Oyedepo, Oritsajafor, Listen To Christ Warning & Amend Ur Way / CAC Members Join The Tiktok Challenge (Video)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.