Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,541 members, 7,812,684 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 05:33 PM

Poly Student Jailed For Internet Fraud [Photo] - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Poly Student Jailed For Internet Fraud [Photo] (21081 Views)

Yahoo Corper Arraigned Over £12.5m Internet Fraud. Photo / EFCC Arrests And Arraigns Akpaikpe Etim For Internet Fraud (Photo) / EFCC Declares Woman Wanted For N1 Billion Fraud (photo) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Poly Student Jailed For Internet Fraud [Photo] by Rejoice9jaBlog: 7:07am On Jul 04, 2019
Justice Patricia Ajoku of the Federal High Court 1 sitting in Ibadan, Oyo State on Wednesday, July 3, 2019 convicted and sentenced one Quadri Sulaimon Ayobami to three months in prison over fraudulent impersonation.

The 20-year-old undergraduate of Oke Ogun Polytechnic, Saki was convicted on a one count amended charge filed against him by the Economic and Financial Crimes Commission, EFCC, Ibadan zonal office.

Quadri was convicted of the offence which contravens Section 22(3) (b) and punishable under Section 22 (4) of the Cybercrimes (Prohibition, Prevention Etc) Act, 2015.

He was initially arraigned on June 26, 2019 on a five-count charge to which he pleaded not guilty. The charges were later amended due to his plea bargain agreement with the Commission.

The amended charge reads: "That you, Quadri Sulaimon Ayobami sometimes in 2018, at Ibadan, Oyo State, within the jurisdiction of this Honourable court, fraudulently impersonated one Kate Linda via your email katelindabooxo@gmail,com wherein you falsely represented to Kenneth Stroud that you are a woman known as Kate Linda which you knew to be false and thereby committed an offence contrary to Section 22(3)(b) and punishable under Section 22 (4) of the Cybercrimes (Prohibition, Prevention Etc) Act,2015."

After the defendant pleaded guilty to the charge, EFCC's counsel, Murtala Usman, prayed the court to accept the terms of the plea bargain agreement.

Justice Ajoku thereafter convicted and sentenced Quadri to three months in prison with effect from his day of arrest.

The court also ordered that the convict restitute the sum of USD207 (Two Hundred and Seven United States Dollars); and also forfeit one black Infinix Hot X606 phone to the Federal Government of Nigeria, being part of the benefit he derived from his fraudulent acts.

SOURCE:https://rejoiceboysblog./2019/07/04/poly-student-jailed-for-internet-fraud/

1 Like

Re: Poly Student Jailed For Internet Fraud [Photo] by blastac: 7:13am On Jul 04, 2019
It's like everybody is now into Yahoo

21 Likes 1 Share

Re: Poly Student Jailed For Internet Fraud [Photo] by Officialgarri: 7:40am On Jul 04, 2019
They should kerosene to clean that board so as to avoid writing names on paper tape.
We know many names have gone over that board.

15 Likes

Re: Poly Student Jailed For Internet Fraud [Photo] by Homeboiy: 7:41am On Jul 04, 2019
Just because of $207

17 Likes

Re: Poly Student Jailed For Internet Fraud [Photo] by MANNABBQGRILLS: 10:20am On Jul 04, 2019
FACE YOUR STUDIES GUYS.

CRIME DOES NOT PAY!

It brings shame not only to you, buy to your friends and family.

10 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Poly Student Jailed For Internet Fraud [Photo] by ralmix(m): 10:20am On Jul 04, 2019
Ooopsss
Re: Poly Student Jailed For Internet Fraud [Photo] by Onlinealaba(m): 10:20am On Jul 04, 2019
Lol..this one looks hungry na make dem temper justice with mercy..all this small small boys wey dey hustle itune card .bit i love what EFCC is doing they are killing the crime from the scratch
Re: Poly Student Jailed For Internet Fraud [Photo] by passyhansome(m): 10:20am On Jul 04, 2019
OKAY
Re: Poly Student Jailed For Internet Fraud [Photo] by noblealuu: 10:21am On Jul 04, 2019
Hnmm very serious crack down on internet fraudsters. Hope this is serving as deterrent to others.
Re: Poly Student Jailed For Internet Fraud [Photo] by Offpoint: 10:22am On Jul 04, 2019
The court also ordered that the convict restitute the sum of USD207 (Two Hundred and Seven United States Dollars); and also forfeit one black Infinix Hot X606 phone to the Federal Government of Nigeria

Who's the criminal here? why not restitute it to the victim?

Now I understand why EFFC are active these, we've diversify from oil to yahoo... it's all about generating revenue.

6 Likes

Re: Poly Student Jailed For Internet Fraud [Photo] by btrocky09(m): 10:22am On Jul 04, 2019
Alright.

Btw, I got some phones for sale: Samsung s10+ and note 9.. also Google pixel 3xl open box. Contact on my sign
Re: Poly Student Jailed For Internet Fraud [Photo] by dinocy(m): 10:22am On Jul 04, 2019
Na wa o
Re: Poly Student Jailed For Internet Fraud [Photo] by chinavs9ja(m): 10:22am On Jul 04, 2019
Nice one grin

I will design you website at a cheaper rate...check my signature
Re: Poly Student Jailed For Internet Fraud [Photo] by mariodko190(m): 10:22am On Jul 04, 2019
Sha, government just dey hustle we sweat, after many bombing, you manage catch client, den pay come, one stupid man with uniform go just grab ur sweat embarassed

15 Likes 1 Share

Re: Poly Student Jailed For Internet Fraud [Photo] by Daroxle(m): 10:22am On Jul 04, 2019
U aren’t a sharp thief.
Re: Poly Student Jailed For Internet Fraud [Photo] by philip0906(m): 10:23am On Jul 04, 2019
Lol...$207 and infinix grin grin

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Poly Student Jailed For Internet Fraud [Photo] by Nobody: 10:23am On Jul 04, 2019
Nonsense. Una go jail tire. There's not enough prisons to contain boys involved in this hustle, so the stupid government should forget spending on anything else and channel Nigeria's entire budget to building thousands of prisons nationwide. Since that's their priority.

Bastards in government.

2 Likes

Re: Poly Student Jailed For Internet Fraud [Photo] by Nobody: 10:23am On Jul 04, 2019
post=79929963:
FACE YOUR STUDIES GUYS.

CRIME DOES NOT PAY!

It brings shame not only to you, buy to your friends and family.
thank you.
Re: Poly Student Jailed For Internet Fraud [Photo] by shamsin6300(m): 10:23am On Jul 04, 2019
Which course is he studying?

1 Like

Re: Poly Student Jailed For Internet Fraud [Photo] by Uchenaija: 10:23am On Jul 04, 2019
shamsin6300:
Which course is he studying?

Criminology

Check my signature for excellent Senator wears

Re: Poly Student Jailed For Internet Fraud [Photo] by HumanHairLovers(f): 10:24am On Jul 04, 2019
For shikele money

Well what is bad is bad

For good hair and wigs at wholesale price check my signature
Re: Poly Student Jailed For Internet Fraud [Photo] by IamSoProlific: 10:24am On Jul 04, 2019
Hmmmm, jungle don really mature ooo.

I wonder how those doing fiverr, blogging,writing for international bodies online, affiliate marketing and other online works using foreign names(profile) would be able to cope, because in actual sense they're not scammers but using those foreign names to get jobs easily and frequently.

Once you offer any online service(s) to the international community and your customers/clients sights your profile name to be African name or worst of it all Nigerian, they wouldn't patronize you no matter how good you are in whatever you do, hence the reason why most use foreign names.

Some neighbors would rush to report you to be a scammer because they don't see you go out by 7:30AM and comeback late at night everyday, some don't even know what's freelance and different time zones for legit freelancers.

Reason why I don't hasten to condemn anybody they arrest as an alleged fraudster. This efcc media trial is inhuman and outright defamatory(I know quite a number of people they ended up releasing for being innocent, after snapping and publishing them to be fraudstars,but they won't still make it public that the person is innocent).

Efcc really need to be tutored of how this things work, it's really beginning to give me concerns as a well meaning Nigerian that cares, not that I do any internet related work (at least I once wrote for so many global sites like CNBC, Bloombergblogs,webmd, once did affiliates with amzaon,Shopify and co. so I have greater and well informed knowledge on how this works).

Something needs to be done about this, even if it's to create a forensic and well informed investigative panel to study attentively and thoroughly what's what, rather than diving into media trials of snapping and publishing while the person is still under investigation and obviously a suspect yet.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Poly Student Jailed For Internet Fraud [Photo] by Nobody: 10:24am On Jul 04, 2019
Afonjas and fraud, all because they want to be rich like Igbos. SMH! Get it into your coneskull...God has blessed Igbos as his chosen people, not cursed Afonja!

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Poly Student Jailed For Internet Fraud [Photo] by Nobody: 10:26am On Jul 04, 2019
EFCC should arrest every single female on earth
Re: Poly Student Jailed For Internet Fraud [Photo] by Nobody: 10:27am On Jul 04, 2019
I didn't have to see the picture to know it was one use.less boy. He should learn from women. Ugly fvck.
Re: Poly Student Jailed For Internet Fraud [Photo] by DameB(f): 10:27am On Jul 04, 2019
Since EFCC is this efficient against financial crimes. Are you sure them nor go just take over crimes against humanity? Cos police na sidon them dey, dem just use nyansh gum chair

(1) (2) (Reply)

Arik: NDLEA Gets CCTV Footage, Impounds Two More Cars / Soldiers Rescue Two Women, Kill Two Boko Haram Terrorists In Borno (Photos) / Serial Cash Transfer Fraudster Lands In Efcc's Net

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.