Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,534 members, 7,823,323 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 08:45 AM

Online Freelancers, Neighbors And Anti-corruption Agencies, What's Your Take? - Career - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / Online Freelancers, Neighbors And Anti-corruption Agencies, What's Your Take? (332 Views)

The Corruption In Nigeria Correctional Service That's Led To Incessant Jailbreak / Nigeria Customs Top Management In Age Falsification And Corruption Scandal / Family Of Whistleblower Who Exposed Corruption In Yabatech Cries For Help. Photo (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Online Freelancers, Neighbors And Anti-corruption Agencies, What's Your Take? by IamSoProlific: 11:50am On Jul 04, 2019
Hmmmm, jungle don really mature ooo.

I wonder how those doing fiverr, blogging,writing for international bodies online, affiliate marketing and other online works using foreign names(profile) would be able to cope, because in actual sense they're not scammers but using those foreign names to get jobs easily and frequently.

Once you offer any online service(s) to the international community and your customers/clients sights your profile name to be African name or worst of it all Nigerian, they wouldn't patronize you no matter how good you are in whatever you do, hence the reason why most use foreign names.

Some neighbors would rush to report you to be a scammer because they don't see you go out by 7:30AM and comeback late at night everyday, some don't even know what's freelance and different time zones for legit freelancers.

Reason why I don't hasten to condemn anybody they arrest as an alleged fraudster. This efcc media trial is inhuman and outright defamatory(I know quite a number of people they ended up releasing for being innocent, after snapping and publishing them to be fraudstars,but they won't still make it public that the person is innocent).

Efcc really need to be tutored of how this things work, it's really beginning to give me concerns as a well meaning Nigerian that cares, not that I do any internet related work (at least I once wrote for so many global sites like CNBC, Bloombergblogs,webmd, once did affiliates with amzaon,Shopify and co. so I have greater and well informed knowledge on how this works).

Something needs to be done about this, even if it's to create a forensic and well informed investigative panel to study attentively and thoroughly what's what, rather than diving into media trials of snapping and publishing while the person is still under investigation and obviously a suspect yet.

Pointing from above stance, online LEGIT freelancers how do you cope to stay clean?

Anti-corruption agencies in the house what's your suggestion on how we the online legit freelancers should go by to play safe, just to avoid being tagged "an internet fraudster"??

Neighbors and whistle blowers be well informed and aware too.

Lalasticlala
Mynd44 and other mods, please let this piece be seen, so we all can be well educated, I believe you guys wholly understand this and perhaps are involved alike.

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

. / How To Break Into The International Development Sector / Educationusa Abuja College Fair

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.