Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,163,458 members, 7,854,004 topics. Date: Saturday, 08 June 2024 at 09:21 AM

Gombe Youth Parliament Gets New Speaker - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Gombe Youth Parliament Gets New Speaker (364 Views)

9/24 Edo Assembly Members Elect New Speaker, Deputy At Night (photos) / Femi Gbajabiamila Is Now The New Speaker Of The 9th Assembly / Akwa Ibom New Speaker Appoints New Aides - Pic Attached (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Gombe Youth Parliament Gets New Speaker by PetNathan(m): 3:25pm On Jul 04, 2019
Member representing Akko Central in the Gombe State Youth Parliament, Khalid Ahmed Kumo, has emerged as the New Speaker of the parliament yesterday in Gombe state House of Assembly complex.

Kumo was nominated by a member representing Kaltungo East, Afiniki Nuhu Gabriel and seconded by Sulaiman Idris Puma representing Yamaltu Deba West.

He polled 9 votes defeating his closest rival Aliyu Abdulhamid Yakubu, who scored 7 while the other contestant Aliyu Abduljalal Hassan scored 0 votes.

Meanwhile office of the Deputy Speaker was clinched by Afiniki Nuhu Gabariel member representing Kaltungo East with 10 votes and her opponents polled

Usman Adamu Bojude, 7 votes and Fahad Abdulmuminu Bundi 0 Votes respectively

They were sworn in by the Clerk of Gombe State House of Assembly who was represented by Director Legislative Activities, Mr. Yusuf Burto.

Before his emergence as speaker, Khalid Kumo was the Director of Education and Student Clusters of African Youth for Development Commission (AYDEC).

In his acceptance speech, Kumo thanked parliamentarians for the opportunity given to him and he expressed readiness to run inclusive leadership. He said

“It is with a deep sense of honour, humility, and with gratitude to God that I take the chair as Speaker of the Gombe State Youth Parliament.

"I want to express my sincere appreciation to my colleagues, Honourable members of this Parliament, for the confidence you have reposed in me and for this huge responsibility you have thrust on me''

"May I also express my appreciation to Gombe State Ministry of Youth Empowerment & Gombe State House of Assembly, for providing us with the necessary support'' he added.

The new speaker called on his opponents to join hand in moving the parliament forward.

" I plead with all the supporters of both camps in this election to quickly bury the hatchet and forge a united front to tackle the myriads of problems facing the State''

(1) (Reply)

Buhari's Government Seizes Diezani's 2,149 Pieces Of Jewellery, Customized Gold / UN Report Queries Buhari Over Silence On Shiites, Biafra Killings / Apostule Suleiman

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 6
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.