Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,521 members, 7,819,875 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 04:33 AM

2023: Military Will Stay Out Of Elections If INEC Adopts E-voting —army - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / 2023: Military Will Stay Out Of Elections If INEC Adopts E-voting —army (12049 Views)

Obi Reveals Next Action If INEC Refuses To Obey Court Order To Inspect Materials / House Of Reps Passes Electoral Amendment Bill, Adopts E-Transmission Of Results / Difference Between 2015 And 2019 Postponement Of Elections (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

2023: Military Will Stay Out Of Elections If INEC Adopts E-voting —army by Islie: 8:50am On Jul 05, 2019
By Innocent Oweh

Chief of Army Staff, Lt. Gen Tukur Buratai has said the only way the military and other security personnel can stay neutral in Nigeria’s electoral process would be in the use of electronic voting by the Independent National Electoral Commission.

He made the observation against the backdrop of criticism trailing the military and other security personnel’s involvement in the 2019 general elections.

Buratai who spoke through a representative, Brig. Gen John Ochai at a one day stakeholders roundtable on the review of the 2019 general elections, organized by the Centre for Transparency Advocacy, in Abuja, on Thursday, said politicians cash in on the abnormalities in the electoral system to perpetrate crimes, arguing that its lucrative to them.

He noted that the security operatives usually deployed on election duties cannot afford to be aloof when their core responsibility revolves around ensuring law and order in any given situation.

https://www.independent.ng/2023-military-will-stay-out-of-elections-if-inec-adopts-e-voting-army/
Re: 2023: Military Will Stay Out Of Elections If INEC Adopts E-voting —army by slivertongue: 9:30am On Jul 05, 2019
THE MILITARY WERE NOT NEUTRAL IN THE 2019 ELECTIONS

26 Likes

Re: 2023: Military Will Stay Out Of Elections If INEC Adopts E-voting —army by juvewalex(m): 9:35am On Jul 05, 2019
Now electoral constitutional amendment can be done to allow electronic voting to end violence, over voting and underage voting in future ,but the assembly will not think ahead to revisit this now . They will rather wait till the last minute and only concerned about the money to be shared now...

16 Likes 2 Shares

Re: 2023: Military Will Stay Out Of Elections If INEC Adopts E-voting —army by unohbethel(m): 10:11am On Jul 05, 2019
Believe the army at ur own risk

2 Likes

Re: 2023: Military Will Stay Out Of Elections If INEC Adopts E-voting —army by kanubiafra: 11:52am On Jul 05, 2019
hahaha true confession
Re: 2023: Military Will Stay Out Of Elections If INEC Adopts E-voting —army by jabberjawz: 1:12pm On Jul 05, 2019
@ Oga Burantashe done dey use style expose his Oga nyash.....rather than improve on the gains of the previous administration.... your principal choose to take us back to Stone age of election rigging......with you & your boys perfecting the plot....... be yarning dust there like you don't know what's going on.......angry

3 Likes

Re: 2023: Military Will Stay Out Of Elections If INEC Adopts E-voting —army by Topmaike007(m): 1:12pm On Jul 05, 2019
I dey wait till then
Re: 2023: Military Will Stay Out Of Elections If INEC Adopts E-voting —army by Celestyn8213: 1:13pm On Jul 05, 2019
Easier said than done... Nigerians are watching
Re: 2023: Military Will Stay Out Of Elections If INEC Adopts E-voting —army by frikpus: 1:14pm On Jul 05, 2019
Then Tinubu will be the president of our dearest country Nigeria.
Re: 2023: Military Will Stay Out Of Elections If INEC Adopts E-voting —army by Nobody: 1:14pm On Jul 05, 2019
juvewalex:
Now electoral constitutional amendment can be done to allow electronic voting to end violence, over voting and underage voting in future ,but the assembly will not think ahead to revisit this now . They will rather wait till the last minute and only concerned about the money to be shared now...

Introducing electronic voting is not going to solve our problems

Nigerians will claim the thing was hacked.

If we want free and fair elections, we have to want free and fair elections.

2 Likes

Re: 2023: Military Will Stay Out Of Elections If INEC Adopts E-voting —army by Innodon(m): 1:15pm On Jul 05, 2019
Nigerian Amry at last admitted they were not neutral during the election

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: 2023: Military Will Stay Out Of Elections If INEC Adopts E-voting —army by CocoaOla: 1:18pm On Jul 05, 2019
Our leaders know the right things to do but........ Their occultic way will not allow them to

1 Like 1 Share

Re: 2023: Military Will Stay Out Of Elections If INEC Adopts E-voting —army by nephemmy(m): 1:20pm On Jul 05, 2019
the same naija military wey no get weapons even to defeat Boko Haram is that one a military or mumutary..abeg let's hear word and shut the fuçk up.. grin

1 Like 1 Share

Re: 2023: Military Will Stay Out Of Elections If INEC Adopts E-voting —army by MrPRevailer(m): 1:20pm On Jul 05, 2019
At this time period, manual voting is still being pushed on the masses.
Nigeria needs God's intervention.

#BenuestateGovernor

1 Like

Re: 2023: Military Will Stay Out Of Elections If INEC Adopts E-voting —army by ArmaniUhuru: 1:21pm On Jul 05, 2019
At last the Nigeria military has admitted that they interfered in the just concluded elections.

1 Like

Re: 2023: Military Will Stay Out Of Elections If INEC Adopts E-voting —army by Dpharisee: 1:24pm On Jul 05, 2019
Why didnt they ask Buhari to adopt electronic voting, they allowed him to rig with the current process before this announcement. Rubbish!
Re: 2023: Military Will Stay Out Of Elections If INEC Adopts E-voting —army by BUSINESSARENAA(m): 1:28pm On Jul 05, 2019
This is what sensible Nigerians have been saying all along.
Mr. President the bill for electronic voting is already on your table, please kindly assent to it now to be a law, you have won your second term so it is not going to affect you.

Using electronic voting has enormous advantages, though it is associated with its own challenges but we can always work improve.

I can't imagine a country that practically goes to civil war in the name of elections, at the end we have all manner of misfits as leaders and we expect to move forward as a nation, we must be joking.

I was travelling the other day, and I boarded a vehicle at the park, and I overheard the touts there bragging how they carried ballot boxes during the last elections, they were even asking their colleagues how many ballot boxes can they carry, asking them if the governor make calls now will they have liver to go and carry ballot boxes, it's obvious touts decide our political future in this country and I weep for this nation.

Little wonder all over the country, they don't joke with the NURTW chairman, because it is their greatest platforms for recruiting thugs for the election.

Also electronic voting will drastically reduce funds used in security during the election and activities in all polling units will be closely and properly monitored via electronic means without much security personnel.
Re: 2023: Military Will Stay Out Of Elections If INEC Adopts E-voting —army by darqly(m): 1:35pm On Jul 05, 2019
This Buratai is not a smart man. He's been on a trash talking spree recently.

1 Like

Re: 2023: Military Will Stay Out Of Elections If INEC Adopts E-voting —army by Champneys: 1:35pm On Jul 05, 2019
Get lost you fu...cking conniving bastar...ds!

You will still find a way to interfere and subvert the will of the people regardless

Nigerian Army - Filled with duplicitous characters!
Re: 2023: Military Will Stay Out Of Elections If INEC Adopts E-voting —army by Dandsome: 1:37pm On Jul 05, 2019
So they know they weren't neutral?
Re: 2023: Military Will Stay Out Of Elections If INEC Adopts E-voting —army by funmike83(f): 1:40pm On Jul 05, 2019
Why are they just coming out now to say this, after the deed has been done . if they want to be free and fair,We can still conduct the e election . not too late.
Re: 2023: Military Will Stay Out Of Elections If INEC Adopts E-voting —army by Yankee101: 1:42pm On Jul 05, 2019
Maigworo refused evoting
Re: 2023: Military Will Stay Out Of Elections If INEC Adopts E-voting —army by compton11(m): 1:45pm On Jul 05, 2019
on that time,northerns will still go for northern candidate irrespective of party,then the old nigga called tinubu will know whatz up
Re: 2023: Military Will Stay Out Of Elections If INEC Adopts E-voting —army by Makiiidagr8: 1:47pm On Jul 05, 2019
Them go too hack inec site
Re: 2023: Military Will Stay Out Of Elections If INEC Adopts E-voting —army by kponkedenge(m): 1:47pm On Jul 05, 2019
I opened a thread about this E-voting shortly after the elections
Re: 2023: Military Will Stay Out Of Elections If INEC Adopts E-voting —army by Edyice: 1:58pm On Jul 05, 2019
Military that doesn't start away from people's lives barbing people hair upandown grin will now start away from INEC election grin

If Na play stop am oooh

Tell me how will they find trouble?

How will they see backyard money ? grin grin
Re: 2023: Military Will Stay Out Of Elections If INEC Adopts E-voting —army by follock007(m): 2:08pm On Jul 05, 2019
if you are here, then i would like to ask when did my personal data that is supposed to be heavily guarded around by your solar capacity strength while you monitor the growth from within became a playhouse of ghost thugs with invincible arsenals who now using my identity that to do crimes that is back-lashing at me like i am a armed personnel... i think that your men are not doing enough to monitor government computers and i am in doubt if you really have an accurate list of your subject assignment or are you just happy to expose them to dangers for sports? currently somebody is using your medical software to mimic my brain, muscles especially the belly and body pulses from a nearby distance as they try to shoot all my reflexes as a torture tactics that is never supposed to be used on a normal that has never carried arms... i am sick of the continues control of my micro-biological independence every hour on the hour by unscrupulous elements for sports and unjustly for no reason. i invite you to arrange a meeting with me so that you can test me body system and see if i am telling you any lies, i have been to the acupuncture and they requested money for scan which the sanction that goes with this military science that is disturbing my natural in-balance, i have also been to the military hospital and they want me to get a certain paper from the health department from the ministry of defense in Abuja and that it would get me directly into the military theater for treatment. The financial sanctions is restraining me, so i would like for somebody here to talk with me so i can make a proper plan before i make a trip.

1 Like

(1) (2) (Reply)

Nigeria Seeking Funding For Gas Pipeline To Morocco / 28 Governors Pile Up ₦‎5.8 Trillion Debts For Incoming Governments / APC Women Pay Courtesy Visit To Hope Uzodinma Ahead Of Women Rally

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.