Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,693 members, 7,816,834 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 06:20 PM

Igbo Youths Declare Intention To Commence Cattle Rearing - Politics (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Igbo Youths Declare Intention To Commence Cattle Rearing (33496 Views)

Northeast APC Youths Declare War Against Shettima / 2023 Presidency: Osinbajo Will Not Declare Intention Thursday - Daily Post / 36 Governors Agree To End Nomadic Cattle Rearing (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Igbo Youths Declare Intention To Commence Cattle Rearing by lanrexdo(m): 7:40am On Jul 06, 2019
Who told you it is only fulanis that have cows? Yes majority are fulanis but also know that this herders are employed by someone people who is not a fulani sometimes. Please read about it and dont be sentimental. Gracias
vankaid:

Any good idea that, within all that great ideas, in any way involves cows or herders of Fulani extraction or even any tribe at that being given land ANYWHERE by the government under any guise is not great but a stupid Greek gift and Nigerians know better now.
Shove it up your hole where sun don't shine.
They should first improve our economy with oil before painting eldorado picture of RUGA.
Re: Igbo Youths Declare Intention To Commence Cattle Rearing by Nobody: 7:45am On Jul 06, 2019
Fuckthamods:

Must cows graze before they can feed? Grazing is so old school and isn't practiced in developed countries. Grazing in 21st century is a joke. Nowadays the grasses are harvested with technology and brought to the ranch.

There you go and that was why the fed govt came with the idea of setting up ranches .Grazing which which will make u travel accross the country will be banned.The ruga thing is more or less where the cows will be confined to a specific area such that they dont destroy farmlands.Anyone can venture into it...But in this case some basic infrastructure like grazing reserve,mini vet clinic,mini dam may be provided.
The fed govt has no right to touch any land because it belongs to the state.As such I don't think it's mandatory for all states to adopt it.
Re: Igbo Youths Declare Intention To Commence Cattle Rearing by wifeesnatcher(m): 7:45am On Jul 06, 2019
so if Yoruba are to buy cow from Yoruba

Igbo are to buy cow from Igbo

the Fulani should sell to their kinsmen. that's when miyetti Allah organisation will be disorganized when they won't see means to purchase guns and finance their foolishness

I support this 100%

5 Likes

Re: Igbo Youths Declare Intention To Commence Cattle Rearing by Nobody: 7:48am On Jul 06, 2019
Fuckthamods:
Business don set
Trust an igbo man grin
They were warned never to push the IGBOS to the wall, but now they have got what they have been looking for.

The FUNNY THING is that the FULANIS do not eat COWS, rather they eat more of RAM.
This will be a big blow to them.

...!!

3 Likes

Re: Igbo Youths Declare Intention To Commence Cattle Rearing by ItzChinnex(m): 7:50am On Jul 06, 2019
horsepower101:
The thing people dont realize yet is that igbos are already getting into cattle ranching business. I will like to use to use this opportunity to invite a fellow igbo who have been doing this business for years.

Jessam’s Farms in Enugu

See well fed cows.. Not like the ones from the other side..

1 Like

Re: Igbo Youths Declare Intention To Commence Cattle Rearing by Nobody: 7:53am On Jul 06, 2019
MikeBetty:
Primitive Mentality. Those Countries That Produces Cattle For Export, Do They Graze? Chicago And Argentina Are Practical Example. They Practices Ranching. This Your Grazing Mentality Is the Reason Why Fulanis Does Not Embrace Ranching. Google Hydroponic System Of Animal Feeding.

Yes,they do.
You cannot confined cows the way it's done for pigs.
Amazon Brazil is home to approximately 200 million head of cattle, and is the largest exporter in the world, supplying about one quarter of the global market.Approximately 450,000 square kilometers of deforested Amazon in Brazil are now in cattle pasture.
Re: Igbo Youths Declare Intention To Commence Cattle Rearing by Nobody: 7:56am On Jul 06, 2019
Lightening:

That's why you guys will never be civilized with this reactionary mindset. Ask the Brazilian cattle reareres how many kilometers they trek everyday that enables them produce the best cows in both milk and meat yield.

There u go.
Re: Igbo Youths Declare Intention To Commence Cattle Rearing by Nobody: 8:18am On Jul 06, 2019
mikezuruki:
meat go dey expensive when igbos start theirs

Is it not expensive now, 50 box meat wey be like maggi
Re: Igbo Youths Declare Intention To Commence Cattle Rearing by Damod88: 8:23am On Jul 06, 2019
I wonder if Nigerians actually have common sense. They sometimes make references to places they have not been as though things work perfectly in those places. You are still likely to find pastoral ethnic groups in almost all the countries of the world, including the developed ones, doing the herding thing. But the difference is that some of these countries have enough grazing land due to rapid urbanization. For instance, Argentina has the pampas which happens to be one of the largest open grasslands in the world ,which was why the country was able to develop its meat and dairy industries. This is also the situation in leading exporters of diary products like New Zealand and Australia. These countries have the advantages of large uninhabited land and weather favourable for the cultivation of alfalfa, the best quality grass for feeding cattle.

No matter the statement from a politically motivated ethnic group, cattle business will still remain the business of the Fulanis for many reasons. The Fulanis have been doing the business for centuries and have in the process become accustomed to the hardships and the techniques required in cattle rearing that it is unimaginable any other tribe will be able to compete with except a Superior technique is introduced.So the statement by the Igbo youths is just to seek attention. Just imagine the survival rate of their cows despite having little or no scientific knowledge. What this means is that they have this traditional techniques of animal husbandry that you and I not born into pastoral culture do not have.

For those who are saying people should go into cattle business are saying it just for the sake of saying it. I Hope they understand it is not a business you can just start like, for instance, opening a shop. It is a business that is demanding in terms of attention and knowledge. It might not be rochet science, but, definitely ,it has its own challenges. It requires research into the varieties of cattle suitable to a given climate zone and also the best quality grass to feed the cows that will be largely immobile. These are things that an average person, not born into pastoral culture and also of little education, will find difficult.

For the Fulanis to be displaced, we need real investors .However, Nigerian business people are not likely to be interested because it takes much longer for any investments in diary business to yield returns.This is in addition to the risks involved because here we are dealing with life. Nigerian business people are more interested in oil, import and politics than in any business which has to do with production because the returns on these businesses are quicker and huge. For those who are saying the Fulanis are going to be put out of business are either ignorant or don't know what they are saying. However, there will be some individuals having few cows in their gardens as they presently do in the south, but they will still not be enough to reduce the monopoly of the fulanis.

The final solution to the persistent herder-farmer crisis will come when Nigeria becomes fully industrialized.Industrialization will create many opportunities for the people, including the Fulanis, leading to many traditional practices and businesses being given up for modern living. Bouyed by the hope of finding better jobs in cities, the fulanis and other ethnic groups will prefer to give up their traditional Businesses for a much better life. This will encourage large scale livestock agriculture that we often see in advanced countries. But this is not going to happen until we become industrialized and advanced in knowledge.
Re: Igbo Youths Declare Intention To Commence Cattle Rearing by freshMallam1122: 8:33am On Jul 06, 2019
motion Seconded... rare in ur own location within yr state don't cross boundary.. enough is enough..
Re: Igbo Youths Declare Intention To Commence Cattle Rearing by proeast(m): 8:55am On Jul 06, 2019
Great idea, and I totally support it. Igbos have now brought forward two awesome solutions to this Fulani herdsmen menace and they must be implemented for sanity to reign. The first great idea was from Governor Umahi who stated that Southerners should grow grass and sell to Fulani cattle ranches domiciled in the North while they sell their cattle to us, and everyone goes home happy! Now this idea by the Igbo youths is awesome too, even better. Tsetse fly used to be a deterrent to rearing cattle in commercial quantities in the past but there are lots of Tsetse fly resistant cow species that can be reared massively in the rain forest. Such hybrid cows should be reared in Igboland and the rest of Southern Nigeria. Cattle business is highly lucrative when run smartly and the market for cow meat is largely here in the South. This will even help in creating lots of jobs in the value chain. If Igbos should become dedicated in this cow business then is game over for the herdsmen terrorists.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Igbo Youths Declare Intention To Commence Cattle Rearing by emmajew(m): 9:01am On Jul 06, 2019
That is a very stupid declaration
Igbos who are serious minded
are already engaged in productive
endeavours and here you are, merely
expressing an intention. What have you
been doing before now?

No serious minded person announces his
intention to become useful to himself.
Re: Igbo Youths Declare Intention To Commence Cattle Rearing by 400billionman: 9:16am On Jul 06, 2019
sweetonugbu:
I have about 500 hectares just looking for funding

Do you have security on your 500 hectares ?
Re: Igbo Youths Declare Intention To Commence Cattle Rearing by Fuckthamods: 9:43am On Jul 06, 2019
Zikora1000:
the biggest ranches in Zambia are owned by Igbos. Igbos in Nigeria are quiet because they want peace to reign
Lol.. No mind am. Whenever i travel to the east during festive periods i and my brother usually order a big cow. Na igbo men go deliver the cow and slaughter it like chicken in our presence. They think its only fulani that can handle cows. All my life whenever i go to the east i see only the igbo men handle cows in many festive occasions.. They can handle more than 50 cows at a time. The only thing is that the cows are bought from the fulanis.

3 Likes

Re: Igbo Youths Declare Intention To Commence Cattle Rearing by Wisdomsureodd46: 9:45am On Jul 06, 2019
Fuckthamods:

Lol.. No mind am. Whenever i travel to the east during festive periods i and my brother usually order a big cow. Na igbo men go deliver the cow and slaughter it like chicken in our presence. They think its only fulani that can handle cows. All my life whenever i go to the east i see only the igbo men handle cows in many festive occasions.. They can handle more than 50 cows at a time. The only thing is that the cows are bought from the fulanis.

Re: Igbo Youths Declare Intention To Commence Cattle Rearing by koning: 9:45am On Jul 06, 2019
Best idea ever. I am in. By the time we knock down the price of cattle. The Fulani herders will have no incentive to trek with their cattle all the way down south.

Sell with N20,000 under the Fulani price and they are out of business. It can be done. Igbo businessmen should take this seriously.

It will provide jobs too.

2 Likes

Re: Igbo Youths Declare Intention To Commence Cattle Rearing by ikelowa(m): 9:48am On Jul 06, 2019
Igbo youths. Also get ready to sell suya for us. Thanks
Re: Igbo Youths Declare Intention To Commence Cattle Rearing by Fuckthamods: 9:57am On Jul 06, 2019
danjumakolo:

There you go and that was why the fed govt came with the idea of setting up ranches .Grazing which which will make u travel accross the country will be banned.The ruga thing is more or less where the cows will be confined to a specific area such that they dont destroy farmlands.Anyone can venture into it...But in this case some basic infrastructure like grazing reserve,mini vet clinic,mini dam may be provided.
The fed govt has no right to touch any land because it belongs to the state.As such I don't think it's mandatory for all states to adopt it.
Then why suspend the ruga despite the fact a lot of nothern states agreed for it, infact niger state said they were ready to accommodate all and yet FG suspended it becos south weren't interested. We southerners can do our ranches while they do their ruga in the north but they had hidden agenda and suspended their ruga.

3 Likes

Re: Igbo Youths Declare Intention To Commence Cattle Rearing by Ceenacks(m): 10:02am On Jul 06, 2019
I just mentioned this diplomatic insight on my wall, and all of a sudden i m seein this thread.

Please this is what we must do.

In large scale.
This wil humble this warring problem.
Afterall, we the ones who buy the cows for consumption.

God wil continue to help Nigeria.

It has begun.

1 Like

Re: Igbo Youths Declare Intention To Commence Cattle Rearing by sweetonugbu: 10:46am On Jul 06, 2019
400billionman:

Do you have security on your 500 hectares ?
yes
Re: Igbo Youths Declare Intention To Commence Cattle Rearing by kinguwem: 11:26am On Jul 06, 2019
FreeBiafra2018:
The aim of their movement is contradictive .
Any Igbo youth that is not working towards restoration of Biafra is a counterfeit.
Are cattle ranches forbidden in the proposed Biafra Republic?
Re: Igbo Youths Declare Intention To Commence Cattle Rearing by NothingDoMe: 11:45am On Jul 06, 2019
Dudeweedlmao:
They've found a way to make money from this thing. This tribe no dey waste time.
Its the saving of lives that is more important to us. grin
Re: Igbo Youths Declare Intention To Commence Cattle Rearing by Lightening: 11:49am On Jul 06, 2019
Damod88:
I wonder if Nigerians actually have common sense. They sometimes make references to places they have not been as though things work perfectly in those places. You are still likely to find pastoral ethnic groups in almost all the countries of the world, including the developed ones, doing the herding thing. But the difference is that some of these countries have enough grazing land due to rapid urbanization. For instance, Argentina has the pampas which happens to be one of the largest open grasslands in the world ,which was why the country was able to develop its meat and dairy industries. This is also the situation in leading exporters of diary products like New Zealand and Australia. These countries have the advantages of large uninhabited land and weather favourable for the cultivation of alfalfa, the best quality grass for feeding cattle.

No matter the statement from a politically motivated ethnic group, cattle business will still remain the business of the Fulanis for many reasons. The Fulanis have been doing the business for centuries and have in the process become accustomed to the hardships and the techniques required in cattle rearing that it is unimaginable any other tribe will be able to compete with except a Superior technique is introduced.So the statement by the Igbo youths is just to seek attention. Just imagine the survival rate of their cows despite having little or no scientific knowledge. What this means is that they have this traditional techniques of animal husbandry that you and I not born into pastoral culture do not have.

For those who are saying people should go into cattle business are saying it just for the sake of saying it. I Hope they understand it is not a business you can just start like, for instance, opening a shop. It is a business that is demanding in terms of attention and knowledge. It might not be rochet science, but, definitely ,it has its own challenges. It requires research into the varieties of cattle suitable to a given climate zone and also the best quality grass to feed the cows that will be largely immobile. These are things that an average person, not born into pastoral culture and also of little education, will find difficult.

For the Fulanis to be displaced, we need real investors .However, Nigerian business people are not likely to be interested because it takes much longer for any investments in diary business to yield returns.This is in addition to the risks involved because here we are dealing with life. Nigerian business people are more interested in oil, import and politics than in any business which has to do with production because the returns on these businesses are quicker and huge. For those who are saying the Fulanis are going to be put out of business are either ignorant or don't know what they are saying. However, there will be some individuals having few cows in their gardens as they presently do in the south, but they will still not be enough to reduce the monopoly of the fulanis.

The final solution to the persistent herder-farmer crisis will come when Nigeria becomes fully industrialized.Industrialization will create many opportunities for the people, including the Fulanis, leading to many traditional practices and businesses being given up for modern living. Bouyed by the hope of finding better jobs in cities, the fulanis and other ethnic groups will prefer to give up their traditional Businesses for a much better life. This will encourage large scale livestock agriculture that we often see in advanced countries. But this is not going to happen until we become industrialized and advanced in knowledge.

Panick mode activated! Notice that there is no single like for this lenghty trash because of obvious reason.
O ga eme gi vum n'anya.

1 Like

Re: Igbo Youths Declare Intention To Commence Cattle Rearing by Fuckthamods: 11:54am On Jul 06, 2019
ikelowa:
Igbo youths. Also get ready to sell suya for us. Thanks
Who suya epp? Learn to grill your meat. Suya sellers and the herdsmen are not even the same.
Re: Igbo Youths Declare Intention To Commence Cattle Rearing by slowice(m): 12:04pm On Jul 06, 2019
This one is just testing the mic..... The moment an average igbo man realize that huge profit could be made of cattle rearing.... Na beg dem go beg dem to stop the business in future. Every compound go get at least 10 cow for backyard for village

2 Likes

Re: Igbo Youths Declare Intention To Commence Cattle Rearing by salt1: 12:36pm On Jul 06, 2019
Damod88:

No meaning whatsoever.
I learnt that some Igbos started and the herdsmen invaded their farms and threatened to kill them.
Government offering it as ranch will make even me interested

1 Like

Re: Igbo Youths Declare Intention To Commence Cattle Rearing by PlanBIncome(m): 12:47pm On Jul 06, 2019
sweetonugbu:
I have about 500 hectares just looking for funding

Location?
Re: Igbo Youths Declare Intention To Commence Cattle Rearing by itsjeezy: 12:48pm On Jul 06, 2019
No afonja is talking on this . Bco they have no business acumen . Lazy bunch of idiot secretly praying for war so that they can grab ppls properties which they sold for pot of soup
Re: Igbo Youths Declare Intention To Commence Cattle Rearing by oyatz(m): 2:19pm On Jul 06, 2019
Can you please explain this post and it's meaning to me.

Glory2DLamb:
Hope you will also learn cow language and set up adequate security against cattle rustling. The business advantages can easily blind many to the fact that they are unwittingly bringing RUGA closer, making it a reality. Go and ask Middlebeltans. Think! Think! ! Think!!!
Re: Igbo Youths Declare Intention To Commence Cattle Rearing by PerfectlyPerfect(m): 2:56pm On Jul 06, 2019
danjumakolo:
Cattle rearing and grazing is different from animal fattening.You can do animal fattening from 1-10 cows and I can imagine the cost if feeding which will make u loose.And that's y grazing is 1000% times cheaper.
To rear just 200 cows,u need to graze the animals from 10-30Km of bush.
Can the ibo man trek for only 10km to graze cows?
You're still living in ignorance. No modern society rears cattle in pastoral nomadism
Re: Igbo Youths Declare Intention To Commence Cattle Rearing by orisa37: 3:06pm On Jul 06, 2019
Ranching of The People by The People and for The People-Furay!
Re: Igbo Youths Declare Intention To Commence Cattle Rearing by Nobody: 3:22pm On Jul 06, 2019
PerfectlyPerfect:

You're still living in ignorance. No modern society rears cattle in pastoral nomadism

There u go.
And that's y the fed govt came up with the idea of the ranch.
So those against it like u are ignorant n selfish

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Was Governor Wike Sleeping At State Banquet? (Pictured) / Anambra Election: Niger Bridge Blocked (Photo) / Senator Barau Jibrin Son To Marry Aliyu Sani Madaki's Daughter

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 75
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.