Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,526 members, 7,819,893 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 05:40 AM

No RUGA, No 2023 Igbo Presidency –northern Elder Threatens The Entire South-east - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / No RUGA, No 2023 Igbo Presidency –northern Elder Threatens The Entire South-east (2461 Views)

Pictures Of Peter Obi & Datti Meeting With Northern Elder's Forum / Zamfara: Court Nullifies PDP Primary, Says Party Has No 2023 Guber Candidate / 2023 Presidency: Northern Elders Reject Power Shift To South (Video) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

No RUGA, No 2023 Igbo Presidency –northern Elder Threatens The Entire South-east by chidima2019: 8:36pm On Jul 07, 2019
The former Special Adviser on National Assembly Matters to former President, Shehu Shagari, Alhaji Tanko Yakassai, a prominent Northern Elder, has replied the youths and elders of the South-East geopolitical zone on the issue of RUGA, insisting that its rejection is equivalent to the rejection of the 2023 Presidential slot by the South-East region.
According to Yakassai, RUGA settlement is a panacea to resolve the persistent conflicts between Farmers and Herders.
“Farmers claim Herders destroy their farms while rearing their cows. Therefore, in an effort to find a lasting solution to this incessant crisis”, he recalled that the Federal Government came out with the introduction of RUGA settlement, whereby a portion of land would be set aside with necessary amenities like roads, water, and other things for the Fulani Herders to settle down with their livestock in different States of the Federation, instead of roaming about and getting into conflicts with Farmers.
Disappointed by its outright rejection, Yakassai warned that the action might cause the South-East the 2023 Presidential zoning formula.
He said: “People were talking about power shift; that is to say the Igbos should produce President come 2023. But one thing that is certain is that this lofty idea cannot be achieved just on a silver platter. I am committed to the unity of this country, and this is what I had been fighting for as far as back to 1953. It will be recalled, that as a result of my commitment to the unity of this country that I was arrested and imprisoned, for fighting against the plan of making Nigeria a Confederation, rather than a united country. That was when I was just about 20 years old.

“This is what I expected the youths to be fighting for, not expressing sectional and parochial views.

“When we say power should move to the Igbos; as we all know, for anybody to become President of this country, he has to garner votes from at least 24 States of the country. The North has 19 States, while South has 17. Therefore, for the Igbos to realise this dream, they need the support of every part of the country. So also, any Northerner equally needs the support of the South, one way or the other.

“The South-West has produced President. The North has also produced, while the people of the South-South had their turn by producing former President, Goodluck Jonathan.

“What I am trying to say here is that the Igbos at this crucial stage in their quest of producing Mr. President in 2023, or at any time Allah destines them to occupy the seat, still need the collective support of people from the North and other parts of the South.

“What I am trying to say is that for their people to kick against the establishment of RUGA, which is an interest of the North, there would be a time when the Igbos would equally need the support of the North for an assistance, and they might also not render such an assistance to them, because they could tell them, ‘you did not support us when we needed your backing for RUGA settlement”, Yakassai noted.
Full details at
https://www.akelicious.net/2019/07/no-ruga-no-2023-igbo-presidency.html

Re: No RUGA, No 2023 Igbo Presidency –northern Elder Threatens The Entire South-east by KidsNEXTdoor: 8:37pm On Jul 07, 2019
sad sad sad

To hell with Ruga

To hell with you all

If only the saboteurs of the South were sane... Believe me northern votes will not determine who becomes president...

Buhari the terrorist will come and go and liberal men who will be interested in economic growth.. Development and job creation must surely take his place..

Thunder fire all those supporting this evil administration
Thunder fire all those who voted and brought this calamity on us

20 Likes 3 Shares

Re: No RUGA, No 2023 Igbo Presidency –northern Elder Threatens The Entire South-east by Tolexander: 8:38pm On Jul 07, 2019
Issokay!

Fulani people are known to be everywhere with their cattle.
Igbo People are known to be everywhere for trading.

I think the best way to settle this matter is for the Federal Government to set up Ruga settlements in the southeast, with all the social amenities provided.
The same federal government should also set up trading settlements in the north for the Ndi-Igbo, with all the social amenities provided.
The FG should also make sure these Ruga and trading settlements are well protected from the intruders by the Nigerian army

I submit

8 Likes 3 Shares

Re: No RUGA, No 2023 Igbo Presidency –northern Elder Threatens The Entire South-east by Nobody: 8:39pm On Jul 07, 2019
We don't need your president... Hold your president and Rear your cows in your region.

27 Likes 1 Share

Re: No RUGA, No 2023 Igbo Presidency –northern Elder Threatens The Entire South-east by Nwaotu10(m): 8:39pm On Jul 07, 2019
Ok
Re: No RUGA, No 2023 Igbo Presidency –northern Elder Threatens The Entire South-east by meeky007(m): 8:43pm On Jul 07, 2019
RUBBISH

4 Likes

Re: No RUGA, No 2023 Igbo Presidency –northern Elder Threatens The Entire South-east by Optional09: 8:45pm On Jul 07, 2019
Lubish

1 Like

Re: No RUGA, No 2023 Igbo Presidency –northern Elder Threatens The Entire South-east by Juell(m): 8:45pm On Jul 07, 2019
So invariably the north has the authority to decide who rules Nigeria!

7 Likes

Re: No RUGA, No 2023 Igbo Presidency –northern Elder Threatens The Entire South-east by myright: 8:45pm On Jul 07, 2019
Another funny thread

3 Likes

Re: No RUGA, No 2023 Igbo Presidency –northern Elder Threatens The Entire South-east by NkayStory(f): 8:46pm On Jul 07, 2019
These air-heads must think Igbos are like cone-heads programmed not to use their brains.

Thunder fire you all with your 2023 Presidency you lots had fooled conically -shaped skull folks with that had them dancing zanku on in exchange for their zombified support of buhari/APC/fulani-invasion.

..Igbos are way smarter than you and your SW side-kicks combined

We are saying a big NO to your RUGA rubbish......Take it to SW,they already believe in your lies,deceit and false-hood.

23 Likes 3 Shares

Re: No RUGA, No 2023 Igbo Presidency –northern Elder Threatens The Entire South-east by Sunnymatey(m): 8:46pm On Jul 07, 2019
Presidency for RUGA my foot.

5 Likes

Re: No RUGA, No 2023 Igbo Presidency –northern Elder Threatens The Entire South-east by splendour7(m): 8:54pm On Jul 07, 2019
This guy must be kidding! that president talk can only work on the yorubas not igbos,who give a bleep about your zoo president?we dnt want Ruga!! the earlier you undstnd this the better for you,,fvck off with ur 2023 mirage of a president..the fulani can go fvck them selves for all we care..

18 Likes 2 Shares

Re: No RUGA, No 2023 Igbo Presidency –northern Elder Threatens The Entire South-east by hisgrace090: 8:55pm On Jul 07, 2019
North use your abundant land for ruga and leave south east alone.

13 Likes 2 Shares

Re: No RUGA, No 2023 Igbo Presidency –northern Elder Threatens The Entire South-east by RealGOAT: 8:58pm On Jul 07, 2019
lipsrsealed
Re: No RUGA, No 2023 Igbo Presidency –northern Elder Threatens The Entire South-east by MetaPhysical: 9:01pm On Jul 07, 2019
Before end of page 2 Ibo will blame this hatred from North on Afonja. Watch... grin

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: No RUGA, No 2023 Igbo Presidency –northern Elder Threatens The Entire South-east by abu12: 9:02pm On Jul 07, 2019
KidsNEXTdoor:
sad sad sad

To hell with Ruga

To hell with you all

If only the saboteurs of the South were sane... Believe me northern votes will not determine who becomes president...

Buhari the terrorist will come and go and liberal men who will be interested in economic growth.. Development and job creation must surely take his place..

Thunder fire all those supporting this evil administration
Thunder fire all those who voted and brought this calamity on us

A typical yamiri, calling his fellow southern "A SABOTEORS" u people are full of hatred. always want 2 have it all. same ibo are the brain behind 1 nigeria, with the help of ZIK, when he said he dont want succesion clause in nigeria constitution. Even when the northern part dont want to join the southern part. Its the same ibo through their greed use ironsi to strip, the power of regional govt, to form unity govt. Today u dont want a fulani to stay on your land, u lied RUGA is here to stay.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: No RUGA, No 2023 Igbo Presidency –northern Elder Threatens The Entire South-east by Warship: 9:02pm On Jul 07, 2019
Fake news
Re: No RUGA, No 2023 Igbo Presidency –northern Elder Threatens The Entire South-east by donbachi(m): 9:08pm On Jul 07, 2019
They says"forward ever,backward never"...even if the north is allowed to rule till enternity it will be"forward never,backward ever" for them...argue with el-rufai.
Re: No RUGA, No 2023 Igbo Presidency –northern Elder Threatens The Entire South-east by MikeBetty(m): 9:10pm On Jul 07, 2019
Yakassi Abi You Be Yankassa, I Never Hear Apc Zoning Its Presidential Ticket To East. Junaid Even Made It Clear That Buhari's Tenure Is A Waste To The North And Its Retaining Power In 2023. Has Apc Played Politics Of National Unity? We Know Your Politics, Even If There Is Automatic Apc Ticket To Igboman, You Guys Will Rather Go Back To Anpp Or Cpc. To Hell With 2023 Presidency.

14 Likes 1 Share

Re: No RUGA, No 2023 Igbo Presidency –northern Elder Threatens The Entire South-east by Chuks9000: 9:20pm On Jul 07, 2019
They must be mad

1 Like

Re: No RUGA, No 2023 Igbo Presidency –northern Elder Threatens The Entire South-east by joseph1832(m): 9:29pm On Jul 07, 2019
Tolexander:
Issokay!

Fulani people are known to be everywhere with their cattle.
Igbo People are known to be everywhere for trading.

I think the best way to settle this matter is for the Federal Government to set up Ruga settlements in the southeast, with all the social amenities provided.
The same federal government should also set up trading settlements in the north for the Ndi-Igbo, with all the social amenities provided.
The FG should also make sure these Ruga and trading settlements are well protected from the intruders by the Nigerian army
I submit
I agree 100%

PS: give or take a few years, the Igbo trading settlement in the nirtg will thrive and be more prosperous than the Fulani cattle settlement in the south.

Igbos have shown they have a zeal to trade and bring development wherever they settle and trade. Wish I could say the same for the Fulani.
Re: No RUGA, No 2023 Igbo Presidency –northern Elder Threatens The Entire South-east by mrnigerdelta: 9:59pm On Jul 07, 2019
yakassai is an idiot
Re: No RUGA, No 2023 Igbo Presidency –northern Elder Threatens The Entire South-east by Nobody: 10:03pm On Jul 07, 2019
No RUGA!!!!!

We don’t want any silly Igbo Presidency!

6 Likes

Re: No RUGA, No 2023 Igbo Presidency –northern Elder Threatens The Entire South-east by stanluiz(m): 10:08pm On Jul 07, 2019
Na by force

Take your ruga to the north.
We don't need it in the East.

5 Likes

Re: No RUGA, No 2023 Igbo Presidency –northern Elder Threatens The Entire South-east by cosef: 10:11pm On Jul 07, 2019
Threatening Igbos with presidency has never worked, it's like shooting blanks in the dark.

I learnt the SW governors have welcomed RUGA with open arms. There are already a very high population of northerners in the SW, from Mile 12 to Agege, to other sabos scattered all over Yorubaland, the RUGA can start there.

The northerners are more comfortable in SW than in SE/SS region, and Buhari is going to appoint a Yoruba man is line as the next minister of Agriculture, so SW will love welcome and the RUGA initiative.

9 Likes 2 Shares

Re: No RUGA, No 2023 Igbo Presidency –northern Elder Threatens The Entire South-east by stanluiz(m): 10:11pm On Jul 07, 2019
Ohaneze have said it.
SE governors have said it.
Clergy men and religious leaders have said it.

No ruga in the SE!!

9 Likes

Re: No RUGA, No 2023 Igbo Presidency –northern Elder Threatens The Entire South-east by nwanyionitsha: 10:13pm On Jul 07, 2019
R2bees:
We don't need your president... Hold your president and Rear your cows in your region.
Best response.

7 Likes

Re: No RUGA, No 2023 Igbo Presidency –northern Elder Threatens The Entire South-east by Ttipsy(f): 10:13pm On Jul 07, 2019
Nonsense and ingredients
Re: No RUGA, No 2023 Igbo Presidency –northern Elder Threatens The Entire South-east by nwanyionitsha: 10:17pm On Jul 07, 2019
joseph1832:
I agree 100%

PS: give or take a few years, the Igbo trading settlement in the nirtg will thrive and be more prosperous than the Fulani cattle settlement in the south.

Igbos have shown they have a zeal to trade and bring development wherever they settle and trade. Wish I could say the same for the Fulani.
Go and agree in your father's compound.
We don't want Riga in the east or business settlement in the north.
Every man should face his music.

4 Likes

Re: No RUGA, No 2023 Igbo Presidency –northern Elder Threatens The Entire South-east by kponkedenge(m): 10:20pm On Jul 07, 2019
If not for illegal immigrants from Chad and Niger, underage voters and the South west that has foolishly cuddled up with you guys... who is the North to be making demands as ridiculous as this. I always say this that if the whole South and middle belt come together who the Bleep are you guys?

2 Likes

Re: No RUGA, No 2023 Igbo Presidency –northern Elder Threatens The Entire South-east by EricBloodAxe: 10:21pm On Jul 07, 2019
This RUGA issue and the reality created from it's awareness has really pained these northerners. They realise the whole south are wise and have kicked against all forms of trickery they've cunningly crafted, now they come with this old dvmb 2023 igbo presidency scam? I now see why a certain demographic usually stereotype these almajiris as f00lsgrin

2 Likes

Re: No RUGA, No 2023 Igbo Presidency –northern Elder Threatens The Entire South-east by Racoon(m): 10:22pm On Jul 07, 2019
Abeg seperate this shithole country and let these brutes have the Islamic caliphate and RUGA they wanted.May satan continue to punish Lord Lugard for this nonsense. angry

2 Likes

(1) (2) (Reply)

Suspected kidnappers Kill Afenifere Leader’s Daughter, Funke Olakunrin In Ondo / Video: Kano Residents State Protest Over Hunger / Ijelespeaks removes clothes shows muscles ready to punch any IPOB he sees - VIDE

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.