Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,442 members, 7,819,635 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 07:40 PM

Jesus Is The Son Of: - Religion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Jesus Is The Son Of: (2868 Views)

How Do We Know That Jesus Is The Son Of God? / Who Is The Son Of God And The Son Of Man To The Grail Message. / Is The Biblical Cain The Son Of Lucifer Or The Son Of Adam? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Jesus Is The Son Of: by Gwaine(m): 5:56pm On May 14, 2007
nossycheek:

As if blabs gave translations for all the bible verses he posted.

He actually did - in the reverse style typical of red-eyed noise makers.

It's really a joke that he sees himself as an authority figure of sorts to post vexed questions castigating Christians and then demanding that we answer them! He's in for some real treat. . . his nightmares will begin shortly.  cool
Re: Jesus Is The Son Of: by Nobody: 6:48pm On May 14, 2007
at least babs have learnt the word uncouth from nairaland and had an opportunity to use it,not once but twice,bravo!!
We all can attest to the great improvement in your writing style,I just wished you were able to convince the Ibadan area boy to stick around like I admonished.
Salam alay coo coo grin grin
Re: Jesus Is The Son Of: by dinnerm(f): 12:10am On May 15, 2007
ofcourse,he is the son of God,he was sent by God through virgin mary,why dont you get a bible and read through mattew or luke and stop asking questions like an illerate
Re: Jesus Is The Son Of: by babs787(m): 11:05am On May 15, 2007
@all christians

Since you ignored the question on john 3 v 16 which you have been using in deceiving people, I will create thread for it and you will answer just three questions from the verse. So I am jetting out of this thread and you are free to post whatever you feel like.
Re: Jesus Is The Son Of: by Gwaine(m): 11:07am On May 15, 2007
Since you have been craftily dodging the questions on Islam's disguised polytheim, be ready for your worst nightmares.

You don't mess with Gwaine! cool
Re: Jesus Is The Son Of: by babs787(m): 4:12pm On May 15, 2007
@Gwaine

Since you have been craftily dodging the questions on Islam's disguised polytheim, be ready for your worst nightmares.

You don't mess with Gwaine!

Empty barrel, babs has never been and will never be. Read up and grab the topic for this thread. The thread is on Jesus being God and babs asked your brother some questions which he ignored and the same question is being posed at you again, rather than answer, you started issuing empty threat, you may cry from now till tomorrow. If you want babs to answer your questions on the issue of 'we', please create a thread and be rest assured that babs will respond.
Re: Jesus Is The Son Of: by Nobody: 4:29pm On May 15, 2007
I thought you were leaving the thread,no?
By the time folks are done with you,you would have created a million threads dodging and al taquiyyaing questions
Re: Jesus Is The Son Of: by Gwaine(m): 4:46pm On May 15, 2007
babs787:

Empty barrel, babs has never been and will never be.

grin  grin  grin Kai! I didn't know that you can shake like this!! I haven't even touched you and you're calling for help. Babs, relax. . . I didn't leave you any threats, just messages!  grin

If you want to discuss, there'll be no qualms. But to pretend innocence and yet be rascally, you can expect to beat your knuckles together because I showed up. Wetin happen? Why afraid catch you like this??  grin

babs787:

Read up and grab the topic for this thread. The thread is on Jesus being God and babs asked your brother some questions which he ignored and the same question is being posed at you again,

This question has been recycled once too many times. It has not been ignored, and only rascal speak the way you do. Yep, Jesus is God - my Bible says so; and I believe it. It is typically Muslim rascals who have LOST their own Injil of the Qur'an that find it difficult to understand this. At least, you said so yourself.

If you're posing questions for answers, they will come. But to demand anything of anyone is simply illiterate; and that is why you should prove your mettle and grow past the games of "me-first. .you-next. .them-after. .everybody-last"!! You're too old for that.

Answer those questions about Islam's disguised polytheism; or continue with your noise and convince us more of slow-wittedness.

babs787:

rather than answer, you started issuing empty threat, you may cry from now till tomorrow. If you want babs to answer your questions on the issue of 'we', please create a thread and be rest assured that babs will respond.

See now? I knew you felt so threatened and became half a man!   grin

What really is scarring you from giving answers here on this thread? I'm not in a hurry to make you weep, and it's not my style to panic and open threads. Do so, and you'll see me there again to frighten you!  grin
Re: Jesus Is The Son Of: by Gwaine(m): 4:51pm On May 15, 2007
babyosisi link=topic=52890.msg1117999#msg1117999date=1179242977:

I thought you were leaving the thread,no?
By the time folks are done with you,you would have created a million threads dodging and al taquiyyaing questions

Na today?? If you believed anything he said, you can easily be misled by their al-taqiyya. I knew he would react like something bit him in the wrong place - and that's why you read him doing so all this while.  grin
Re: Jesus Is The Son Of: by babs787(m): 5:05pm On May 15, 2007
@Gwaine

Kai! I didn't know that you can shake like this!! I haven't even touched you and you're calling for help. Babs, relax. . . I didn't leave you any threats, just messages!

Okay sir, I thought it was a threat grin grin

If you want to discuss, there'll be no qualms. But to pretend innocence and yet be rascally, you can expect to beat your knuckles together because I showed up. Wetin happen? Why afraid catch you like this??

Afraid ke, never it has never happened and it will never happen. I am here for discuss too if you are ready smiley

This question has been recycled once too many times. It has not been ignored, and only rascal speak the way you do. Yep, Jesus is God - my Bible says so; and I believe it. It is typically Muslim rascals who have LOST their own Injil of the Qur'an that find it difficult to understand this. At least, you said so yourself.

No brother, let me come down to your level, you know that its this same bible you are laying claim that contradicts the issue raised? All what you have been calling deriding have been from your bible. Hope you are ok bros grin grin

If you're posing questions for answers, they will come. But to demand anything of anyone is simply illiterate; and that is why you should prove your mettle and grow past the games of "me-first. .you-next. .them-after. .everybody-last"!! You're too old for that.

Am sorry sir, I am asking to know so please answer my questions first and I will surely answer yours since you are not asking to know like you are accusing me. So I want to know, please answer the questions grin grin

Answer those questions about Islam's disguised polytheism; or continue with your noise and convince us more of slow-wittedness.

Honestly, babs has prepared your answer but will only do so untill you answer those questions posed at you before your own question.

Am beginning to like this guy Gwaine ooooooooo grin grin grin

See now? I knew you felt so threatened and became half a man!

Threatened ke, no bros, babs is never moved. Even if you are a wizard you cant do anything.

What really is scarring you from giving answers here on this thread? I'm not in a hurry to make you weep, and it's not my style to panic and open threads. Do so, and you'll see me there again to frighten you!

Nothing is scaring but you are trying to play smart, avoiding my questions while you want babs to answer yours, its never done sir, answer my question and I will answer yours.

I like you jare bros, hope you like me too grin grin we will never friend we will remain as friends
Re: Jesus Is The Son Of: by Gwaine(m): 5:31pm On May 15, 2007
@babs787,

babs787:

@Gwaine

Okay sir, I thought it was a threat
grin grin

See you!  grin Na so we dey take catch una.

babs787:

Afraid ke, never it has never happened and it will never happen. I am here for discuss too if you are ready smiley

After your knuckles have knocked. . . lol, babs - easy; I don't bite.  grin

babs787:

No brother, let me come down to your level, you know that its this same bible you are laying claim that contradicts the issue raised? All what you have been calling deriding have been from your bible. Hope you are ok bros grin grin

If that were as simplistic as you put it, you would not have read from me and become jittery. It is not the Bible that contradicts claims; but you often want to force that idea often whenever issues are presented.  cool

babs787:
Am sorry sir, I am asking to know so please answer my questions first and I will surely answer yours since you are not asking to know like you are accusing me. So I want to know, please answer the questions grin grin

Answers have been given. Where's yours? This idea of answer-me-first is too petty for your age.

babs787:

Honestly, babs has prepared your answer but will only do so untill you answer those questions posed at you before your own question

If you can't post your answers, no worries. We still know the issues involved with Islam's polytheism.  cool

babs787:

Am beginning to like this guy Gwaine ooooooooo grin grin grin

Don't be so patronizing, thanks.  cool

babs787:
Threatened ke, no bros, babs is never moved. Even if you are a wizard you can't do anything.

Take style confess. This was just what you wanted - to go round in circles; so you can have your lollypop until. . .  cool

babs787:
Nothing is scaring but you are trying to play smart, avoiding my questions while you want babs to answer yours, its never done sir, answer my question and I will answer yours.

^^
     ||          

babs787:

I like you jare bros, hope you like me too grin grin we will never friend we will remain as friends

Hehehe. . . you don tremble finish?? grin  grin
Re: Jesus Is The Son Of: by babs787(m): 3:21pm On May 16, 2007
@Gwaine,

It seems that you are not ready to talk as a result, am leaving you to compose yourself but remember that you will still answer those questions soon whether you like it or not
Re: Jesus Is The Son Of: by goodguy(m): 9:06pm On May 16, 2007
@babs787:

Your posts would be more interesting to read if you could endeavour to quote, rather than 'paint' others' posts.  My eyes usually hurt while trying to read a very long post with a mixture of colours, and so, I usually ignore and go on to other posts.  I understand that you cannot insert quotes the usual way due to some technical problems you experience on your PC, so I've decided to help.

Hint:  Copy and paste the post that you want to quote, into the 'reply' field.  Select the part you want to quote and click on the '' button found just above the smileys.

Yep, that's it circled above.

Now for example, if you're quoting the text 'babs787', first of all highlight it, and click on the '' button. Then you'll get something like this:

[ quote ] babs787 [ /quote ]  **without the spaces**, which will eventually come out as this when you post: 
babs787

Incase that doesn't work for you either, you can type it out manually, without the spaces, like I've done above (if you're familiar with HTML, you'll get it easily).

Hope that helps.

N.B.  This is not in any way intended to ridicule babs.  I sincerely apologize if the addressee or any other person feels otherwise.

P.S.  Sorry for going offtopic.

Regards.
Re: Jesus Is The Son Of: by mrpataki(m): 9:53pm On May 16, 2007
Can he have an intellectual grasp of what your posts mean to him
Re: Jesus Is The Son Of: by babs787(m): 10:03am On May 17, 2007
Can he have an intellectual grasp of what your posts mean to him

Yeye dey worry your head grin grin

@babs787:

Thats my name

Your posts would be more interesting to read if you could endeavour to quote, rather than 'paint' others' posts. My eyes usually hurt while trying to read a very long post with a mixture of colours, and so, I usually ignore and go on to other posts. I understand that you cannot insert quotes the usual way due to some technical problems you experience on your PC, so I've decided to help.

Sorry for the stress you face while trying to read my posts. I am putting what you told me into practice. So testing, testing testing.

Hint: Copy and paste the post that you want to quote, into the 'reply' field. Select the part you want to quote and click on the '' button found just above the smileys.

Yep, that's it circled above.

Yes am doing that. grin

Now for example, if you're quoting the text 'babs787', first of all highlight it, and click on the '' button. Then you'll get something like this:

[ quote ] babs787 [ /quote ] **without the spaces**, which will eventually come out as this when you post:
babs787

Thank you teacher abi na lectuere sef. Lets see how it will come out.

Incase that doesn't work for you either, you can type it out manually, without the spaces, like I've done above (if you're familiar with HTML, you'll get it easily).

Hope that helps.

Let me send first to see if works.

N.B. This is not in any way intended to ridicule babs. I sincerely apologize if the addressee or any other person feels otherwise.

Rdicule ke, nothing like that oooooooo

Thanks for that bros, I so much like this bros ooooooo. He is very cool and calculated grin grin
Re: Jesus Is The Son Of: by nossycheek(f): 12:15pm On May 17, 2007
@goodguy

thanks for educating blabs oooo. May be you will go a little further than that since he appears to be a good student at least to you. Well done cool At least this post is neat and not the usual black and red
Re: Jesus Is The Son Of: by TellyB(m): 1:38pm On May 17, 2007
@goodguy,

I also benefitted from that post; and also some other fine tips from others. Thanks. smiley
Re: Jesus Is The Son Of: by TellyB(m): 1:40pm On May 17, 2007
@topic,

Jesus is the Son of God; born through Mary, whose husband is Joseph.
Re: Jesus Is The Son Of: by babs787(m): 12:04pm On May 18, 2007
@Nosicheeks

Insert Quote
@goodguy

thanks for educating blabs oooo. May be you will go a little further than that since he appears to be a good student at least to you. Well done At least this post is neat and not the usual black and red

You can see that your brother benefitted too. So stop cryuing or else I will descend on you cool

As the name implies, the guy too dey good, I really like the guy no be small. grin grin

@Telly B

Insert Quote
@topic,

Jesus is the Son of God; born through Mary, whose husband is Joseph.

And who is the father of Joseph? grin
Re: Jesus Is The Son Of: by TellyB(m): 12:13pm On May 18, 2007
babs787:

And who is the father of Joseph? grin

What does the Qur'an say? If you've got anything to say, please do.
Re: Jesus Is The Son Of: by babs787(m): 12:55pm On May 18, 2007
@Telly B

What does the Qur'an say? If you've got anything to say, please do.

I dont know but am asking you to supply me the answer from your bible

Thank you
Re: Jesus Is The Son Of: by TellyB(m): 1:32pm On May 18, 2007
You have your answers from the same Bible you have been quoting.

Can we now move on and forget the games, hmm?
Re: Jesus Is The Son Of: by babs787(m): 2:45pm On May 18, 2007
Insert Quote
You have your answers from the same Bible you have been quoting.

Can we now move on and forget the games, hmm?

Can you now tell me who's son is Joseph based on the two verses from the bible?

a. Mathew 1 v 16: and[b] Jacob[/b] the father of Joseph the husband of Mary, of whom Jesus was born, who is called Christ.

b . Luke 3 v 23: Jesus when he began his ministry, was about thirty years of age, being the son (as was supposed) of Joseph, the son of Heli.

Thanks
Re: Jesus Is The Son Of: by TellyB(m): 3:15pm On May 18, 2007
babs787:

a. Mathew 1 v 16: and[b] Jacob[/b] the father of Joseph the husband of Mary, of whom Jesus was born, who is called Christ.

b . Luke 3 v 23: Jesus when he began his ministry, was about thirty years of age, being the son (as was supposed) of Joseph, the son of Heli.

Matthew 1:16 -- "And Jacob begat Joseph the husband of Mary, of whom was born Jesus, who is called Christ."

The Genealogy records in Matthew and Luke have their characteristic wordings. In Matthew, it is said that "Jacob BEGAT Joseph" (a direct siring); but in Luke 3:23, it is rather that Joseph was "the was the son of Heli" (Jewish reckoning according to marital connections). The difference is that Luke does not claim that Heli directly sired Joseph.

Jewish people are quite conversant with this style of recording their lineage as Luke did. Even in Matthew's Gospel, you will find the same style used in ch. 1:1 --

"The book of the generation of Jesus Christ, the son of David, the son of Abraham."

It does not claim that Abraham directly sired David; nor that David was the direct biological father of Jesus. The lineage are recorded according to specific emphasis.

In Matthew, the emphasis was about the lineage of the Kings; that is why you find there from the onset that Jesus Christ is called "the son of David". That is why Matthew often recorded people addressing Jesus Christ as "Son of David" (Matt. 12:23 & 15:22).

In Luke's Gospel, the emphasis is rather on Christ's Humanity. As such, Luke traces his genealogy beyond Abraham back to the very first man, Adam. As such, Joseph being the husband of Mary was recognized in Luke's Gospel on the basis of human relations; rather than back to the Kingship.

Please notice carefully as well that Joseph is called "thou son of David" as well in Matt. 1:20. Why?? Because in keeping with the principle of maintaining Jesus' Kingship as heir to the throne of David, Joseph's true links with the royal lineage. It s for this reason that Luke also recognizes that Joseph was of the House and Lineage of David:

Luke 2:4
And Joseph also went up from Galilee, out of the city of Nazareth, into Judaea, unto the
city of David, which is called Bethlehem; (because he was of the house and lineage of David.

So, both Matthew and Luke knew the lineage of Joseph quite well; but their genealogy were recorded according to the emphasis, perspective and purposes from which they wrote.
Re: Jesus Is The Son Of: by thesilent1(m): 3:49pm On May 18, 2007
telly B,
like i said, you have time.
Re: Jesus Is The Son Of: by babs787(m): 4:17pm On May 18, 2007
@ Telly B

The Genealogy records in Matthew and Luke have their characteristic wordings. In Matthew, it is said that "Jacob BEGAT Joseph" (a direct siring); but in Luke 3:23, it is rather that Joseph was "the was the son of Heli" (Jewish reckoning according to marital connections). The difference is that Luke does not claim that Heli directly sired Joseph.

Since you said that Luke didnt claim that Heli didnt directly sired Joseph, let us look at the genealogy below

S/ no Mathew 1 v 18 Luke 3 v 23

1 David David
2. Solomon Nathan
3 Rehoboam Mattatha
4. Abijah Menna
5. Asa Me-le-a
6. Jehoshaphat Eliakim
7. Joram Jonam
8. Uzziah Joseph
9. Jotham Juda
10. Ahaz Simeon
11. Hezekiah Levi
12. Manasseh Mathat
13. Amos Jorim
14. Josiah Eliezer
15. Jechoniah Joshua
16. Altiel Er
17. Zerubbabel Elmadam
18. Abiud Cosam
19 Eliakim Addi
20. Azor Melchi
21. Zadok Neri
22. Achim Shealtiel
23. Eliud Zerubbabel
24. Eleazar Rhesa
25. Matthan Joanan
26. Jacob Joda
27. Joseph Josech
28. Jesus Semein
29. Matathais
30. Maath
31. Nagai
32. Esli
33. Nahum
34. Amos
35. Mathathias
36. Joseph
37. Jannai
38. Melchi
39. Levi
40. Matthat
41. Heli
42. Joseph
43. Jesus.

Will you deny the genealogy above?
Re: Jesus Is The Son Of: by TellyB(m): 4:41pm On May 18, 2007
@babs787,

Did you read my response above for the reasons WHY Joseph was called the son of Heli and also the son of David?? (Luke 3:23 and Matt. 1:20).

Did Luke use the word BEGAT as Matthew did in his (the latter's) record??
Re: Jesus Is The Son Of: by nyabinghi(m): 9:52am On Jun 11, 2007
In the beginning was the word, the word was with God, made flesh and dwelt amonst men.

Someone said that word is "jesus" very laughable.

The word is sperm, cos the sperm resides in a woman for 9 months(made into flesh), and dwelt amonst men(the kid will become a citizen of his community).

We are all the word and not only jesus.
Nuff said.
Re: Jesus Is The Son Of: by jerrymania(m): 10:09am On Jun 11, 2007
I ( and i think other nairalanders) am sick and tired of you guys: nossycheek,babs287,telly B, thesilent 1,mr pataki!
I'm planning putting up a t.v show just for this. I guess i would make so much money from your baseless and never ending arguments!
Re: Jesus Is The Son Of: by jerrymania(m): 10:12am On Jun 11, 2007
jerrymania:

I ( and i think other Nairaland users) am sick and tired of you guys: nossycheek,babs287,telly B, thesilent 1,mr pataki!
I'm planning putting up a t.v show just for this. I guess i would make so much money from your baseless and never ending arguments!

and also babyosisi,
i meant babs787.
can u guys stop these arguments? its leading us no where and you are misleading people (who may be guests) on nairaland!
Re: Jesus Is The Son Of: by TellyB(m): 10:33am On Jun 11, 2007
@nyanbinghi,

nyabinghi:

In the beginning was the word, the word was with God, made flesh and dwelt amonst men.

Someone said that word is "jesus" very laughable.

The word is sperm, because the sperm resides in a woman for 9 months(made into flesh), and dwelt amonst men(the kid will become a citizen of his community).

We are all the word and not only jesus.
Nuff said.

I wait to see how the Qur'an said Muhammad was the Word.

I also wait to see how Muhammad agreed with any verse of the Gospel of John.

Laughable indeed.
Re: Jesus Is The Son Of: by Horus(m): 10:36am On Jun 11, 2007
I ( and i think other Nairaland users) am sick and tired of you guys: nossycheek,babs287,telly B, thesilent 1,mr pataki!

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Apostle Paul Proudly Declared To Be A Foolishman / Where Do Wailing Women Prayer Group Hold In Abuja / The Problem With The Black Man

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 83
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.