Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,841 members, 7,851,842 topics. Date: Thursday, 06 June 2024 at 09:03 AM

Osun: What Supreme Court Should Have Done – Sagay Reacts To Oyetola’s Victory - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Osun: What Supreme Court Should Have Done – Sagay Reacts To Oyetola’s Victory (22750 Views)

Meet The 5 Justices Who Gave Apc’s Oyetola Victory At The Supreme Court / Celebration In Osogbo As Supreme Court Upholds Oyetola's Victory / Osun Streets Devoid Of Celebration Despite Oyetola’s Victory (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Osun: What Supreme Court Should Have Done – Sagay Reacts To Oyetola’s Victory by bigboyobi(m): 3:42pm On Jul 08, 2019
hmmm. God help our justice system.

meanwhile check my siggy for a juicy offer.
Re: Osun: What Supreme Court Should Have Done – Sagay Reacts To Oyetola’s Victory by bigboyobi(m): 3:51pm On Jul 08, 2019
hmm. God help our justice system.

meanwhile check my siggy for a juicy offer.
Re: Osun: What Supreme Court Should Have Done – Sagay Reacts To Oyetola’s Victory by id911(m): 3:51pm On Jul 08, 2019
Supreme Court is now saying even if you are 1000000 millions times right and supposed to win a case, what you need to lose a case is for just one judge to deliberately absent himself from court. And for you to win an election, just make sure you cause chaos and violence in your opponent strongholds for supplementary election to be held there later while rigging your strongholds handsomely and knowing the results beforehand with the help of security agencies esp when you are friends with the Federal Government. Smh! This is not the type of Supreme Court we used to have when we had people like Justice Kayode Eso, Chukwudifu Oputa and the rest

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Osun: What Supreme Court Should Have Done – Sagay Reacts To Oyetola’s Victory by Eteka1(m): 3:59pm On Jul 08, 2019
The Supreme Court judgement is totally in order. What they did was to uphold the ruling of the Appellate Court which dealt with the nitty gritty of the case.
Re: Osun: What Supreme Court Should Have Done – Sagay Reacts To Oyetola’s Victory by Ratello: 4:02pm On Jul 08, 2019
incminx4525x:

Seun and any mods here should seek for ways to arrest this fraudster they are liars just here to scam the innocent. Naira landers set trap for this rogue and get him arrested now. You are a demonic fraudster
Re: Osun: What Supreme Court Should Have Done – Sagay Reacts To Oyetola’s Victory by icon8: 4:05pm On Jul 08, 2019
Mynd44:
My take-out is that the Supreme Court ought to have declared a mistrial and ordered them all to return to the tribunal all over again.

But that will be tangential to the Constitution which says it has to be concluded 180 days after the election
What's this one saying? Mistrial ko, jury bias ni.
Re: Osun: What Supreme Court Should Have Done – Sagay Reacts To Oyetola’s Victory by contigiency(m): 4:07pm On Jul 08, 2019
The prof was right in his view.
Re: Osun: What Supreme Court Should Have Done – Sagay Reacts To Oyetola’s Victory by Bellotelli: 4:31pm On Jul 08, 2019
myddmodnabastard:
to eat this bastard raw they hungry me I swear
But why bro.. Abi you no understand wetin the man write, i can help you out in your language. grin grin grin
Re: Osun: What Supreme Court Should Have Done – Sagay Reacts To Oyetola’s Victory by semyman: 4:43pm On Jul 08, 2019
myddmodnabastard:
Illiteracy could be incurable at old age
Re: Osun: What Supreme Court Should Have Done – Sagay Reacts To Oyetola’s Victory by wink2015(m): 4:45pm On Jul 08, 2019
myddmodnabastard:

YOU DO NOT NEED TO EAT HIM RAW OR WHATEVER YOU MEAN ?

Niger delta people no go gree for you !

He is simply entitle to right to free speech after all this is all what democracy talks about!
Re: Osun: What Supreme Court Should Have Done – Sagay Reacts To Oyetola’s Victory by nobsalis: 4:49pm On Jul 08, 2019
myddmodnabastard:

Cannibal spotted!!!

Run for your life
Re: Osun: What Supreme Court Should Have Done – Sagay Reacts To Oyetola’s Victory by ejimatic: 6:16pm On Jul 08, 2019
OILFLASHY1:
Itse Sagay, Chairman of the Presidential Advisory Committee Against Corruption (PACAC), has reacted to the Supreme Court ruling on Osun State governorship election.

The court had affirmed the victory of Governor Gboyega Oyetola o f the All Progressives Congress (APC) over candidate of the People’s Democratic Party (PDP), Ademola Adeleke.

Sagay told National Dailies that though the apex court was right to have nullified the verdict of the tribunal, it should have made an affirmative pronouncement if INEC was right to have declared the poll inconclusive and subsequently held supplementary poll.

“The lesson should be drawn home to everybody that all members of the tribunal or the court should be present before they can take part in a judgment,” he said.

“When a judge has conducted a case 90 percent, the judge that takes his place is not allowed to use the records, he has to start all over again. That is the point the Supreme Court is making here, and I think I support the decision.

“If there was violence or something was wrong and you are unable to vote, I don’t know why it is something wrong in being allowed, on another day, to vote… I think the Supreme Court should have just completed that so that the issue would not arise again.

“Ballot boxes have been carried away. Even if you voted, your result cannot count and then INEC decides according to its guidelines to repeat election in such a place, what is wrong with that?

“I think the Supreme Court should have pronounced on that so that you don’t have a situation where somebody would pre-judge the outcome of election by creating confusion in some areas where he is weak and then insisting that those people there should not have an opportunity to vote and then he wins by only allowing election in areas where he is strong; that is the whole idea of supplementary election so that everybody can have an opportunity.

“I think the Supreme Court should have made a pronouncement on that; whether it is right or wrong.”

Read more here https://thickmatch.com/osun-supreme-court-done-sagay-reacts-oyetolas-victory-adeleke/
. Appeal court justified the rerun by upholding all thevSeptemver 22 results. The Supreme court agreed with the decision as contained in it judgement.....

1 Like

Re: Osun: What Supreme Court Should Have Done – Sagay Reacts To Oyetola’s Victory by ejimatic: 6:16pm On Jul 08, 2019
OILFLASHY1:
Itse Sagay, Chairman of the Presidential Advisory Committee Against Corruption (PACAC), has reacted to the Supreme Court ruling on Osun State governorship election.

The court had affirmed the victory of Governor Gboyega Oyetola o f the All Progressives Congress (APC) over candidate of the People’s Democratic Party (PDP), Ademola Adeleke.

Sagay told National Dailies that though the apex court was right to have nullified the verdict of the tribunal, it should have made an affirmative pronouncement if INEC was right to have declared the poll inconclusive and subsequently held supplementary poll.

“The lesson should be drawn home to everybody that all members of the tribunal or the court should be present before they can take part in a judgment,” he said.

“When a judge has conducted a case 90 percent, the judge that takes his place is not allowed to use the records, he has to start all over again. That is the point the Supreme Court is making here, and I think I support the decision.

“If there was violence or something was wrong and you are unable to vote, I don’t know why it is something wrong in being allowed, on another day, to vote… I think the Supreme Court should have just completed that so that the issue would not arise again.

“Ballot boxes have been carried away. Even if you voted, your result cannot count and then INEC decides according to its guidelines to repeat election in such a place, what is wrong with that?

“I think the Supreme Court should have pronounced on that so that you don’t have a situation where somebody would pre-judge the outcome of election by creating confusion in some areas where he is weak and then insisting that those people there should not have an opportunity to vote and then he wins by only allowing election in areas where he is strong; that is the whole idea of supplementary election so that everybody can have an opportunity.

“I think the Supreme Court should have made a pronouncement on that; whether it is right or wrong.”

Read more here https://thickmatch.com/osun-supreme-court-done-sagay-reacts-oyetolas-victory-adeleke/
. Appeal court justified the rerun by upholding all thevSeptemver 22 results. The Supreme court agreed with the deciidion as contained in it judgement.....
Re: Osun: What Supreme Court Should Have Done – Sagay Reacts To Oyetola’s Victory by garfield1: 9:59pm On Jul 08, 2019
ejimatic:
. Appeal court justified the rerun by upholding all thevSeptemver 22 results. The Supreme court agreed with the deciidion as contained in it judgement.....
Any link
Re: Osun: What Supreme Court Should Have Done – Sagay Reacts To Oyetola’s Victory by Julivas(m): 10:22pm On Jul 08, 2019
Mynd44:
My take-out is that the Supreme Court ought to have declared a mistrial and ordered them all to return to the tribunal all over again.

But that will be tangential to the Constitution which says it has to be concluded 180 days after the election
Good but when does the fault of a judge become the crime of the litigant?
Re: Osun: What Supreme Court Should Have Done – Sagay Reacts To Oyetola’s Victory by Autotech312(m): 11:34pm On Jul 08, 2019
myddmodnabastard:

You have a lot to learn if only you read well, you mind is filled with hatred. He's trying to educate people like you.
Re: Osun: What Supreme Court Should Have Done – Sagay Reacts To Oyetola’s Victory by Johnnyessence(m): 2:53am On Jul 09, 2019
now read what prof Itse sagay said, it shows vividly that buhari has bought judiciary to his favours too. this is very bad.
Re: Osun: What Supreme Court Should Have Done – Sagay Reacts To Oyetola’s Victory by engineerboat(m): 3:06am On Jul 09, 2019
The Supreme court had not solve the problem on ground

Maybe just maybe,

This would have made many litigation currently a tribunal a less work
Re: Osun: What Supreme Court Should Have Done – Sagay Reacts To Oyetola’s Victory by Alejobs: 7:53pm On Jul 26, 2019
Don't forget your mum's advice? She is speaking from a place of love and experience

(1) (2) (Reply)

Osinbajo Apologises To Ayobami Adeshida Over His Treatment By DSS Officias / Pictures As APC Campaigns In Oruk Anam LG, Akwa Ibom State / Twitter Ban: The Position Of House Of Representatives - Femi Gbajabiamila

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.