Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,862 members, 7,810,289 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 05:47 AM

Universities In Canada With Low Tuition Fee - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Universities In Canada With Low Tuition Fee (22422 Views)

My Funny Jjc Experience In Canada........ / 10 State Capitals In Nigeria With Low Crime Rate / I Need Low Tuition Schools In Uk(3000 Pounds) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Universities In Canada With Low Tuition Fee by surdik(m): 3:25pm On Mar 30, 2012
Please nairalander's am thinking of doing my M.sc in Canada please if you have got links of universities with low tution fee kindly share it .. Your contributitions is highly welcomed .. Thanks

1 Like

Re: Universities In Canada With Low Tuition Fee by deolub: 11:02pm On Mar 31, 2012
am also doin my research as regards this...please people like @justwise should just help us out here o....abeg

1 Like

Re: Universities In Canada With Low Tuition Fee by collinsfbi(m): 8:37am On Apr 01, 2012
@deolub

I am sure you are not doing any research but go and try MUN.

Gbamm over and out
Re: Universities In Canada With Low Tuition Fee by deolub: 9:36pm On Apr 01, 2012
cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy
Re: Universities In Canada With Low Tuition Fee by collinsfbi(m): 10:44pm On Apr 01, 2012
deolub: @collinsfbi memorial university is expensive ....what I am seeing on there website mun.ca...gaskiya I think you should please guide me...its not tyhat I am not doing research...or possibly can you please give me your facebook addy so we could talk more about it.

If you are applying for an undergraduate courses then it's a bit expensive but it's still advisable for pple who cannot afford huge tuition at a time (tuition is paid semesterly). I can give u my BB pin if you don't mind because that is the easiest way to get in touch at any point in time.

Gbamm over and out
Re: Universities In Canada With Low Tuition Fee by deolub: 11:08am On Apr 02, 2012
sad sad sad sad
Re: Universities In Canada With Low Tuition Fee by deolub: 11:09am On Apr 02, 2012
dont mind d spellings though....
Re: Universities In Canada With Low Tuition Fee by collinsfbi(m): 1:41pm On Apr 03, 2012
deolub: @collinsfbi am applying postgrad (msc)...Civil engineering related courses cos my degree is Civil engineering and I grad wiv 2-1
can payin installmentally be easy...I mean if the tution is around 500,000 naira I can afford that...buh my fear is the living expebses...can I get a job to settler that

please my BB is bad buh am always online on facebook
waiting for your reply

I am afraid things do not seem to look the way you plan it. Under civil engineering, mun offers two masters degree plans.
Plan A tuition fee: $953 for 6 consecutive semesters
Plan B tuition fee: $632 for 9 consecutive semesters

With the above plans, tuition payment seems easy but mind you, you are expected to prove an estimated cost of living fee of $14,480.19 for a single full time master's international student per year to the canadian embassy before you are to be granted study permit. Don't forget that the estimated cost of living fee covers many fees which include your tuition fee, insurance fee, union/federation fee, accommodation, books and stationary etc

So, the idea of work to pay your tuition fee can be encouraged to some extent but what about other required fees? Before further discussion, can you prove your financial capability of the total cost of living above to the canadian embassy? What is your total budget for this trip? Obviously many things have to be considered and I must confess.

Gbamm over and out

1 Like

Re: Universities In Canada With Low Tuition Fee by deolub: 2:43pm On Apr 03, 2012
embarassed embarassed embarassed embarassed embarassed
Re: Universities In Canada With Low Tuition Fee by collinsfbi(m): 11:39pm On Apr 03, 2012
deolub: hmmmmm collinsbaba @collinsfbi no be small thing o....so what would you suggest for somebody like me....is there even any scholaarship or teachingh Assistance that could help me out.....please tell me more...or what about doing MPhil, I learnt its easier to get funding....can I?
I don't know about scholarship or teaching assistance job but the program is supported with research funding of about $15,000, if you can make it to mun, am sure you will be fine. Try and get a sponsor if you can. Best of luck

Gbamm over and out
Re: Universities In Canada With Low Tuition Fee by opad(m): 6:30am On Apr 04, 2012
@collinsfbi, How long does the Institution application process take? And if eventualy given admission, how long does it take to get a Study permit from the embassy? Thanks for your informative posts. Can i also request for your BB Pin?
Re: Universities In Canada With Low Tuition Fee by surdik(m): 7:02am On Apr 04, 2012
[b][/b]So, the idea of work to pay your tuition fee can be encouraged to some extent but what about other required fees? Before further discussion, can you prove your financial capability of the total cost of living above to the canadian embassy? What is your total budget for this trip? Obviously many things have to be considered and I must confess.
@ collinsfbi.. Am applying for m.sc environmental sci @ mun. But Am planning to work and pay for ♍Ɣ tuition fees wots ♍Ɣ faith in getting a job ? aπϑ also am capable ☀̤̣̈̇f proving t̶̲̥̅̊ợ̣̣̇̇̇ the embassy ♍Ɣ financial capability. How much can be budgeted t̶̲̥̅̊ợ̣̣̇̇̇ the trip?.
Re: Universities In Canada With Low Tuition Fee by deolub: 11:27am On Apr 04, 2012
tongue tongue tongue tongue
Re: Universities In Canada With Low Tuition Fee by collinsfbi(m): 8:04pm On Apr 04, 2012
opad: @collinsfbi, How long does the Institution application process take? And if eventualy given admission, how long does it take to get a Study permit from the embassy? Thanks for your informative posts. Can i also request for your BB Pin?

I am sorry, I may not be able to give you the exact processing period for application and study permit because I neither work with mun nor canadian embassy. MUN is very competitive and so application period depends on the school and required documents submitted.

Gbamm over and out
Re: Universities In Canada With Low Tuition Fee by collinsfbi(m): 8:21pm On Apr 04, 2012
surdik: @ collinsfbi.. Am applying for m.sc environmental sci @ mun. But Am planning to work and pay for ♍Ɣ tuition fees wots ♍Ɣ faith in getting a job ? aπϑ also am capable ☀̤̣̈̇f proving t̶̲̥̅̊ợ̣̣̇̇̇ the embassy ♍Ɣ financial capability. How much can be budgeted t̶̲̥̅̊ợ̣̣̇̇̇ the trip?.
If you are financially ok, I will advice you to budget the same amount estimated on mun website for one academic year because am afraid you may not be able to work until after 6 months, therefore don't depend much on work to pay tuition even though your tuition is not much but be aware you will required to pay others fees. To be frank with you, if you can afford your one year expenses then you will make it through.

Gbamm over and out
Re: Universities In Canada With Low Tuition Fee by collinsfbi(m): 8:32pm On Apr 04, 2012
deolub: @collinsfbi @justwise I have commenced my application to mun the problem is that the deadline was 1st of this month but I have mailed them to appeal for an extension at least 10 working days...what else do u fink I should do as regards the application....please tell me more....I am actually applying postgrad (msc in environmental engineering)

Since you have mailed the school, I will suggest you wait for their reply which normally take between 2-3 working days. On the other hand, I think I can envisage what their response may be like, they may simply push your application to the next entry semester to give you enough time to prepare for your study permit.

Gbamm over and out
Re: Universities In Canada With Low Tuition Fee by deolub: 9:23pm On Apr 04, 2012
grin grin grin grin
Re: Universities In Canada With Low Tuition Fee by Mayflowa(m): 3:29am On Apr 05, 2012
@ Collins
You are very informed and patient. Thanks for being there for brothers. God will bless you.

1 Like

Re: Universities In Canada With Low Tuition Fee by surdik(m): 7:46am On Apr 05, 2012
@ Collins .. Thanks broda.. I really appriciate people like you.. May God bless you..i was able to meet up with the April 1st deadline buh i JƱڪτ̲̅ sent all the supporting documents on April 4 hope am still on the save side? Do have any ideal about study in Russia. coz i applied for both mun aπϑ 1 other sckool I̶̲̥̅̊n̶̲̥̅̊ Russia.
Re: Universities In Canada With Low Tuition Fee by lalla89: 7:37am On Apr 06, 2012
please can someone help me to tell me on how to apply for a study permit at canadian embassy in lagos is it online or through downloading paper application and what are the other supporting documents ?
Re: Universities In Canada With Low Tuition Fee by collinsfbi(m): 8:58am On Apr 06, 2012
surdik: @ Collins .. Thanks broda.. I really appriciate people like you.. May God bless you..i was able to meet up with the April 1st deadline buh i JƱڪτ̲̅ sent all the supporting documents on April 4 hope am still on the save side? Do have any ideal about study in Russia. coz i applied for both mun aπϑ 1 other sckool I̶̲̥̅̊n̶̲̥̅̊ Russia.
First, I will suggest you just let go of Russia. On the other hand, I am afraid you may have problem with your application because MUN requires all supporting documents to have been received at exact deadline for each application period. I will suggest you mail the school, bringing to limelight the situation surrounding your application/supporting documents and ask them to shift your application to the next available entry semester (winter semester - Jan entry 2013). Note; this will give you more time to prepare your study permit application. Mind you, late applications are processed as time and resources permit them and MUN verifies all supporting documents which may however cause a bit delay depending on how fast your documents issued institution can reply MUN.

Gbamm over and out
Re: Universities In Canada With Low Tuition Fee by collinsfbi(m): 9:02am On Apr 06, 2012
lalla89: please can someone help me to tell me on how to apply for a study permit at canadian embassy in lagos is it online or through downloading paper application and what are the other supporting documents ?

Take your time to go through these threads, i am sure you will get more info than needed

https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-118823.0.html
https://www.nairaland.com/823858/travelling-canada-part2

Gbamm over and out
Re: Universities In Canada With Low Tuition Fee by collinsfbi(m): 9:11am On Apr 06, 2012
deolub: @collinsfbi I actually applied for the session commencing feb 2013...so what you are saying now is that they might push me to resume sept 2013.
that to me has advantages and disadvantages. buh baba no time o...I just pray they extend it so I could pay ma Application fee ASAP
Winter 2013(Jan entry) should be ok for you

please can someone help me to tell me on how to apply for a study permit at canadian embassy in lagos is it online or through downloading paper application and what are the other supporting documents ?
Thanks

Gbamm over and out
Re: Universities In Canada With Low Tuition Fee by surdik(m): 1:48pm On Apr 06, 2012
@collinsfbi.. thanks i really appreciates. Please share your ideals about Russia with me.
Re: Universities In Canada With Low Tuition Fee by deolub: 9:23pm On Apr 06, 2012
undecided undecided undecided undecided undecided undecided
Re: Universities In Canada With Low Tuition Fee by collinsfbi(m): 3:09am On Apr 07, 2012
surdik: @collinsfbi.. thanks i really appreciates. Please share your ideals about Russia with me.
Try to read this and many more: http://afroeurope..co.uk/2011/02/should-black-people-travel-to-russia.html

Gbamm over and out
Re: Universities In Canada With Low Tuition Fee by collinsfbi(m): 3:48am On Apr 07, 2012
deolub: @collinsfbi thank God they sent me a reply...encouraging me to apply and that its gonna be processes as time and resources permit....so I want to pay my application fees on tuesday...buh please sincerely I want you to advise me....
1. can I get a funding to support me
2. how much do u think I need to have and what do u think I need to show financially,in order to collect a study permit in canada.
3. I think I ve told you my financial capability...how do you think I can go about it to make it a sucess.
please comprehensive answer would be appreciated....@collinsfbi please o reply ASAP

Sincerely I must be very plain to you, I have no idea how you can get a funding to support yourself. The funding make available by the school is strictly for research purpose and the amount granted for research funding depends on your course of study, better still, you can check your course site to reaffirm this.

To be on a safer side, you need more than enough authentic financial stronghold to convince the embassy in order to get your study permit. I think you should be alright if you can support your study permit application with a financial statement of 2.5million and above.

As regards the earlier financial capability mentioned above, I am afraid you can't survive with that, you have more to take care than paying tuition fee. Get a sponsor and get more money but with your 500k budget, you can't make it.

Gbamm over and out
Re: Universities In Canada With Low Tuition Fee by Damolux01(m): 3:36pm On Apr 07, 2012
@ Collins, I appreciate ur respon and unyeilding aid...thumbs up!!! Here
i§ pin pls...gat some things to ask plus I need u to put mw thru...23325ED6 Thanks!
Re: Universities In Canada With Low Tuition Fee by collinsfbi(m): 6:37pm On Apr 07, 2012
Damolux01: @ Collins, I appreciate ur respon and unyeilding aid...thumbs up!!! Here
i§ pin pls...gat some things to ask plus I need u to put mw thru...23325ED6 Thanks!
I will add you but if you don't mind, it will better we discuss here.

Gbamm over and out
Re: Universities In Canada With Low Tuition Fee by Nobody: 8:24pm On Apr 07, 2012
Canadian study visa now takes 4months. The embassy advises you submitt your application at least 4months before you schools resumption date

(1) (2) (Reply)

Nigerian In UK Sham Marriage To Be Jailed For 12 Months / Turkish Ambassador To Nigeria Writes Abike Dabiri-Erewa On TRNC Statement / Truck Rams Into Afor Ibugubu Market, Anambra. Killing 3 (Graphic Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.