Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,129 members, 7,849,539 topics. Date: Monday, 03 June 2024 at 11:38 PM

Self-promoted Customs Officer Undergoing Medical Examination - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Self-promoted Customs Officer Undergoing Medical Examination (27507 Views)

DSS Finally Releases Nnamdi Kanu For Medical Examination / Atiku To Tinubu: I Was A Customs Officer When You Were Working With Druglords / Atiku Abubakar As A Young Customs Officer In Early 80s (Throwback Photo) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Self-promoted Customs Officer Undergoing Medical Examination by Facidio: 7:23am On Jul 09, 2019
dokioloyee:
There is need for that...but come to think of it, where did he get the uniform from?

My thoughts too.... Something is not being said here.... That man look to clean and shart to be insane, where did he get the ranks he's using, abi them dey sell ranks badge for market now? I see same situation like that of NHIS and NSE playing out here. They are just trying to cover something up by telling us this crap
Re: Self-promoted Customs Officer Undergoing Medical Examination by Tomaoj(f): 7:23am On Jul 09, 2019
Too bad. cry
Re: Self-promoted Customs Officer Undergoing Medical Examination by Facidio: 7:24am On Jul 09, 2019
iyatrustee:
My question is, where did he get the badges for the rank of the CG? Are those sold in the open market or wat?
dokioloyee:
There is need for that...but come to think of it, where did he get the uniform from?

My thoughts too.... Something is not being said here.... That man look to clean and shart to be insane, where did he get the ranks he's using, abi them dey sell ranks badge for market now? I see same situation like that of NHIS and NSE playing out here. They are just trying to cover something up by telling us this crap
Re: Self-promoted Customs Officer Undergoing Medical Examination by Bbbwings: 7:30am On Jul 09, 2019
juvewalex:
Maybe Smugglers have smuggled one knot off his brain ! Hence, his mental case...

Re: Self-promoted Customs Officer Undergoing Medical Examination by brainhgeek(m): 7:41am On Jul 09, 2019
The man has grandiose delusion.
Re: Self-promoted Customs Officer Undergoing Medical Examination by DavidEsq(m): 8:00am On Jul 09, 2019
stubbornman:
People wey him sieze their goods don meet for somewhere swear for am.....him never see anything.... next time nah wrapper him go tie on top the uniform take come work!!!
grin grin. Dem don dey use e picture dey fan corn for village grin
Re: Self-promoted Customs Officer Undergoing Medical Examination by soropee: 8:07am On Jul 09, 2019
saheedbadmus:
indirectly you are trying to say his medulla oblongata is not working fine ehya..

Medulla Oblongata controls the smell, taste buds & other sensory functions. The appropriate word to have used is Cerebrum.
Re: Self-promoted Customs Officer Undergoing Medical Examination by SmartMugu: 8:27am On Jul 09, 2019
iyatrustee:
My question is, where did he get the badges for the rank of the CG? Are those sold in the open market or wat?
Trust Nigerians, we can manufacture anything. If designer outfits can be replicated here, this is nothing difficult.
Re: Self-promoted Customs Officer Undergoing Medical Examination by General0847: 8:36am On Jul 09, 2019
BUSHHUNTER:
Na only Abok! fit behave like this.

Unintelligent people like you will bring up ethnicity in everything. You are a sad and insecure person obviously.
Your father should have used a condom and saved the world from the nuisance that you are with your pea-sized brain.
Re: Self-promoted Customs Officer Undergoing Medical Examination by enemyofprogress: 9:00am On Jul 09, 2019
Many are mad but few are roaming. Were plenty for naija
Re: Self-promoted Customs Officer Undergoing Medical Examination by Nobody: 9:14am On Jul 09, 2019
yaki84:
Imagine if this was done by a Southerner, instant dismissal n outright incarceration for treason.

That's the saddest part. A southern officer, even in the worst 'enter market' mental state, would never try this. If he does, he is gone. Instantly dismissed, or even arrested and prosecuted for impersonation and subversion.

This country is a joke. Some are more equal than others.
Re: Self-promoted Customs Officer Undergoing Medical Examination by thunderbabs: 9:38am On Jul 09, 2019
Omo, na mental case cheesy
Re: Self-promoted Customs Officer Undergoing Medical Examination by DrTee1(m): 10:08am On Jul 09, 2019
AntiBalaka:

Don't agree.

He has shown that he is not have both the mental acumen and balance to be occupying any paid position.

He should be dismissed on medical grounds and for being an autistic imbec!le.

He has shown that he believes in the man know man syndrome something which we can blame Buhari for taking to new levels with his gross nepotism and ethnic favoritism.

You do know he is from Katsina state and a fulani as well? Which will lead me to believe he got his appointment through the back door and not on merit and has been getting promotions and favours ever since with same nepotism.

Excellent.

This is exactly my point. Now, let us agree with you.

Let's dismiss the man. We'll all continue our lives without him thereafter, right?

Okay. What happens to him, his exposure, education, family? How does he fit into the society? How might he feed himself, his family and social dependants?

Have we considered the fact that suicide is the second leading cause of death amongst citizens less than 45 in the USA? Do we care if he tows that path?

Or if he goes aggressive and violent - or malevolent after dismissal? Have we considered the Lawrence Anini story, how the 26 year old dare-devil criminal developed from ill-treatment by the authorities?

Do we recall that after the amnesty programme, militancy has hugely reduced in the South South? Have you been to the Nigerian Prisons before? I have - on work related duty. 90% of the inmates are awaiting trial and are kept in the most dehumanizing conditions. It is better to be a condemned criminal in the Nigerian prison than to be Awaiting Trial, I kid not.

You postulations are right, but we must look at the bigger picture. I watched Ozekhome's kidnapping experience on YouTube yesterday and it because even clearer. It is the reason for my original comment.

Nigeria needs to use the hammer a little less often - and show some more empathy for citizens. There is enough stress in the Nigerian society already. We must be careful, now, not to sleep-walk ourselves into more instability. Almost anyone is being kidnapped in Nigeria today, and anywhere in the country. The insecurity is alarming. Firing a man who was apparently duped into making an erroneous decision would only affect us all, unfortunately, on the medium term to long run...

I so submit.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bI4f8R9EFPI

1 Like

Re: Self-promoted Customs Officer Undergoing Medical Examination by Bbbwings: 10:10am On Jul 09, 2019
iyatrustee:
cheesy grin
Re: Self-promoted Customs Officer Undergoing Medical Examination by AntiBalaka: 10:23am On Jul 09, 2019
DrTee1:

Excellent.

This is exactly my point. Now, let us agree with you.

Let's dismiss the man. We'll all continue our lives without him thereafter, right?

Okay. What happens to him, his exposure, education, family? How does he fit into the society? How might he feed himself, his family and social dependants?

Have we considered the fact that suicide is the second leading cause of death amongst citizens less than 45 in the USA? Do we care if he tows that path?

Or if he goes aggressive and violent - or malevolent after dismissal? Have we considered the Lawrence Anini story, how the 26 year old dare-devil criminal developed from ill-treatment by the authorities?

Do we recall that after the amnesty programme, militancy has hugely reduced in the South South? Have you been to the Nigerian Prisons before? I have - on work related duty. 90% of the inmates are awaiting trial and are kept in the most dehumanizing conditions. It is better to be a condemned criminal in the Nigerian prison than to be Awaiting Trial, I kid not.

You postulations are right, but we must look at the bigger picture. I watched Ozekhome's kidnapping experience on YouTube yesterday and it because even clearer. It is the reason for my original comment.

Nigeria needs to use the hammer a little less often - and show some more empathy for citizens. There is enough stress in the Nigerian society already. We must be careful, now, not to sleep-walk ourselves into more instability. Almost anyone is being kidnapped in Nigeria today, and anywhere in the country. The insecurity is alarming. Firing a man who was apparently duped into making an erroneous decision would only affect us all, unfortunately, on the medium term to long run...

I so submit.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bI4f8R9EFPI

There are reasons we have laws, law enforcement, courts and prisons. There is no excuse for criminal behaviour.

This is why we are such a lawless country because criminals have gone brazen because they never ever get to face the music.

Also, the civil service ought to be a place of merit and not a welfare scheme.

The individual in question has shown he is not fit for such engagement.

Or are you not aware that would be federal employees are expected to pass and submit a medical and Psychiatric evaluation report signed by a qualified state employed Doctor as a prerequisite in gaining full employment?

If he is mad then sack him from his position. How can you still retain a confirmed clinically insane person within your organisation?

On the last note, let me reiterate what I said above: The Federal govt should decide on whether it wants to run an effective civil service or a welfare scheme because as it is now, the civil service is filled to the brim with highly unemployable individuals.
Re: Self-promoted Customs Officer Undergoing Medical Examination by jabolo(m): 10:49am On Jul 09, 2019
AntiBalaka:

If he is mad then sack him from his position. How can you still retain a confirmed clinically insane person within your organisation?

On the last note, let me reiterate what I said above: The Federal govt should decide on whether it wants to run an effective civil service or a welfare scheme because as it is now, the civil service is filled to the brim with highly unemployable individuals.

I tell you what I would do, I will retain him and send him on medical compassionate leave, with his family catered for. It's not being soft, it's being prudent and also human. As the bro up there said, we should use the hammer less and less, take a step back. What would those we profess as the progenitors of our various faiths do? Then perhaps, we would have fewer incidents of human flesh being barbequed on our streets in the name of jungle justice.

And, he is not 'mad'? The use of that term alone reveals your disposition to people afflicted by this terrible disease. It could come to one of yours too soon.
Re: Self-promoted Customs Officer Undergoing Medical Examination by DrTee1(m): 11:10am On Jul 09, 2019
AntiBalaka:

There are reasons we have laws, law enforcement, courts and prisons. There is no excuse for criminal behaviour.

This is why we are such a lawless country because criminals have gone brazen because they never ever get to face the music.

Also, the civil service ought to be a place of merit and not a welfare scheme.

The individual in question has shown he is not fit for such engagement.

Or are you not aware that would be federal employees are expected to pass and submit a medical and Psychiatric evaluation report signed by a qualified state employed Doctor as a prerequisite in gaining full employment?

There is a popular maxim at the upper echelon of the estate. I learnt it recently. It is 'make haste slowly'.

If a medical evaluation is to be done on every civil servant in Nigeria, and professionally too - as good as it is done in the best climes globally - first, we would have very inadequate qualified experts to conducts the necessary tests. There are less than 400 Certified Medical Psychiatrists in the whole of Nigeria - for 167 - 210 million souls. Let's say 100 million of those are above the age of 18, and less than 65 - it means 1Psychiatrist to 250,000 possible workers in the civil service, organised private sector and informal sector all combined.

Looking at that, you understand the 'make haste slowly'.

I put this to you, 1 out of 2 Nigerians on the streets that you see daily has a mental health challenge. You may want to check the WHO definition of Health to understand. I would reproduce it below:

"a state of complete physical, mental and social well-being and not merely the absence of disease or infirmity."

After that, assuming that we would import the medical staff - at what cost to the country for this 'experiment'? - we would end up having less than 10%, maybe 5% or 0.01% of that WHO definition, which almost everyone living in Lagos State would fail, for example as the stress levels there is unbelievable, how do we proceed?

I hope the 'make haste slowly' subject is beginning to settle in. I agree with you, by the way, about upholding super high standards in the workforce, but claps are done with 2 hands, not one. To get the best, you must offer the best - and must have the capacity to offer what obtains in the best societies where employees and employers demand and give the very best in a highly organised system.

Where that is compromised, there is a little problem - and 'haste' must now be made quite slowly.

Remember I wrote about the state of our judiciary and correction facilities, which you didn't address. I hope you would attend to them. Insure persons are usually very desperate and unpredictable - and that's the stuff of maniacs, the menace we are currently dealing with - in Nigeria's insurgency.
Re: Self-promoted Customs Officer Undergoing Medical Examination by beresponsible(m): 1:24pm On Jul 09, 2019
When you seize person N50 million rice dem go swear for you and your generation. You go think say Buhari don promote you to comptroller general
Re: Self-promoted Customs Officer Undergoing Medical Examination by IJEYdiamond(f): 9:19am On Jul 10, 2019
There is more to it ..... the medicals is just a scam..

The officers are definitely not happy... transfer of service.
Stuff.. No work... for them cos of not thinking outside the box.. e.g only one port working in country.. No promotion... and bring a rtd colonel.. to head a body

Pmb.. added to the issues due to fight of courrption

Transfer of service buttshit killed the custom service
When cluelesses rule over intellectuals.. well it has been a norm by the north in the 80s... Fear the North!!.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Edo: Charles Ude Drags APC To Court, Seeks Ize-iyamu’s Disqualification / President Buhari Welcomed With 4 Plus 4 Sign At The Residence Of Late Shagari / Magodo Crisis: If Not For Immunity, Sanwo-Olu Should Have Been Arrested – Lawyer

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.