Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,606 members, 7,812,987 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 01:39 AM

'only Child',' Male Child' Syndrome - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / 'only Child',' Male Child' Syndrome (1252 Views)

Neglect Of Male Child Rape/molestation By a Female Adult / If You Found Out Your Male Child Has Been Defiled From Behind - Parents / Being The Only Child Of Your Parents: How Has It Been Like? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

'only Child',' Male Child' Syndrome by ifyegede(m): 7:38pm On Oct 10, 2010
I heard of dis young man who happened 2 b d only son. As a child he was pampered by his overtly permissive mother. He picked other vices but his mother excused his misdemeanours on d grounds dat 'he's only a child'. This continued till he went 2 higher institution. He eventually dropped out of school. He now drives okada in lagos. A brilliant future wasted on d foundation of a faulty upbringing, sacrificed on d altar of an only child. So folk wats ur take on dis issue. Only constructive responses pls.
Re: 'only Child',' Male Child' Syndrome by ThoniaSlim(f): 10:21pm On Oct 10, 2010
Most of my formative years I grew up as an only child cus my younger brother came much later. But one thing I credit my mum for was never sparing the rod, in fact left to my dad alone, he did most of the spoiling while my mum was the disciplinarian. She definitely raised me with a firm hand and I'll forever be grateful to her for that.

Its very important for parents to be loving but firm with their kids especially during their formative years. Because its those years that determines how the child turns out later in adulthood.
Re: 'only Child',' Male Child' Syndrome by iice(f): 3:15pm On Oct 12, 2010
ThoniaSlim:

Its very important for parents to be loving but firm with their kids especially during their formative years. Because its those years that determines how the child turns out later in adulthood.

So true.

@Topic, i'm the only girl and yes whilst everyone is very protective of me including my brother's wife. . .i still had my bum reddened by my parents and my ears blistered off by my brothers grin  No excuse for not using common sense in my family ooo. 

(1) (Reply)

Poverty Stricken Africans Receive Desperately Needed Bibles: / At The Crossroad / If You Don't Treat Her Like A Queen! You Will Be A Lonely King.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.