Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,410 members, 7,815,914 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 08:55 PM

Buhari seeks Senate’s confirmation of NIPSS DG, NCC’s Executive Director - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Buhari seeks Senate’s confirmation of NIPSS DG, NCC’s Executive Director (13857 Views)

Tinubu Seeks Senate Confirmation Of Five Board Directors For CBN / Buhari, Lalong Mourn NIPSS DG, Galadima / Buhari And Osinbajo At The Senior Executive Course Of NIPSS, Kuru (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Buhari seeks Senate’s confirmation of NIPSS DG, NCC’s Executive Director by Dorischuks: 12:56pm On Jul 09, 2019
President Muhammadu Buhari has sought the confirmation of the Senate for the appointment of Prof. Habu Galadima as the substantive Director-General of the National Institute for Policy and Strategic Studies (NIPSS) Kuru, Jos.

The President of the Senate, Dr Ahmad Lawan read the letter from the President to his colleagues at the plenary on Tuesday.

Buhari said his correspondence dated July 9, was backed by Section 8 (5) of the NIPSS Act, which empowers him to forward names of nominees for the office to Senate for confirmation.

He appealed to the lawmakers to give necessary support that would ensure smooth screening and confirmation of Galadima.

The President noted that he attached a copy of the nominee’s curriculum vitae to the letter to further enable the Senate have more information about him.

The News Agency of Nigeria (NAN) reports that Galadima was born in 1963 at Toto Local Government Area of Nasarawa State.

The current professor of Political Science at the University of Jos, Plateau obtained a first degree in 1987, MSC in 1990 and PhD in 2006 from same university.

NAN further reports that Galadima who rose to become Head of Department of the Political Science in UNIJOS had worked as a consultant to ECOWAS, World Bank and UNDP.

In a similar letter read by the President of the Senate, Buhari also requested the Senate to confirm the appointment of Mr Uba Maska as Executive Director of the National Communication Commission (NCC).

The letter quoted Section 8 (1) of the NCC Act as empowering the President to seek the Senate confirmation

https://www.google.com/amp/s/punchng.com/buhari-seeks-senates-confirmation-of-nipss-dg-nccs-executive-director/amp/

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Buhari seeks Senate’s confirmation of NIPSS DG, NCC’s Executive Director by Cryomancer: 1:57pm On Jul 09, 2019
He appealed to the lawmakers to give necessary support that would ensure smooth screening and confirmation of Galadima.

An anointed Northerner doesn't need any form of screening from the current rubber stamp senate we have.

Just submit name and senate go stamp am sharply..... Welcome to the next level where all your sins are forgiven once you start wielding that evil broom.

15 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Buhari seeks Senate’s confirmation of NIPSS DG, NCC’s Executive Director by Olanipekun1: 1:57pm On Jul 09, 2019
na to stamp dey go
no need for senate confirmation

this is the worst senate since democracy

13 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Buhari seeks Senate’s confirmation of NIPSS DG, NCC’s Executive Director by Blackfire(m): 1:58pm On Jul 09, 2019
Northerner for the post....??

No Yoruba to fill the post

2 Likes

Re: Buhari seeks Senate’s confirmation of NIPSS DG, NCC’s Executive Director by CaptainMitch: 1:58pm On Jul 09, 2019
As always he must appoint a Northerner, useless man

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Buhari seeks Senate’s confirmation of NIPSS DG, NCC’s Executive Director by daddytime(m): 1:58pm On Jul 09, 2019
Na so...wether I like am or not, I have become a Northern Nigerian.

I don dey learn Fulfude... I advise everybody wey never fit run comot for Nigeria to just calm down, swallow your pride and do as I do. If na Hausa go easy for you to learn, just do am abeg. We'll all need it on our way through the elevated next level staircase believe me.

Yowaaaaa....
Re: Buhari seeks Senate’s confirmation of NIPSS DG, NCC’s Executive Director by tiger28: 1:58pm On Jul 09, 2019
Has anyone read this explosive news about the Slapping senator? Pls share!
https://www.nairaland.com/5290926/how-sen-elisha-abbo-abused
Re: Buhari seeks Senate’s confirmation of NIPSS DG, NCC’s Executive Director by MANNABBQGRILLS: 1:59pm On Jul 09, 2019
To a New and better Nigeria we go....
Re: Buhari seeks Senate’s confirmation of NIPSS DG, NCC’s Executive Director by KidsNEXTdoor: 1:59pm On Jul 09, 2019
Government of Northern Nigeria...