Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,926 members, 7,821,243 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 10:17 AM

Man Kills Best Friend - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Man Kills Best Friend (2218 Views)

Man Kills Adulterous Wife In Ebonyi / Man Kills Best Friend, Dumps Corpse In Forest / Man Kills Self By Jumping Into Lagos Lagoon(Pictured) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Man Kills Best Friend by Nobody: 9:05pm On Oct 10, 2010
Nine months after strangulating his childhood and bosom friend to death in a very callous manner, the long arm of the law has finally caught up with Damilola Olusolade.
[b]His late friend, Ifedapo Adebisi trusted his childhood friend to high heavens when he asked him to accompany him to purchase a new vehicle from Lagos, not knowing that the same friend would kill him and appropriate the said vehicle.
[/b]Damilola, now cooling his heels at the Homicide section of the Oyo State Police Command confessed killing his friend out of envy and to satisfy his insatiable taste for life.
He narrated how the urge for glamour beclouded his sense of reasoning.
Committing murder was the next option for him to be able to ride and own a car.
Damilola gave a graphic account of how he got himself into trouble by committing an offence with which death is the punishment, if found guilty.
“My friend approached me that he had some fortunes and would want me to accompany him to Lagos to purchase a choice car. We purchased the car, because he could not drive well, I drove the car, a Mistibushi Wagon. When we got to a spot somewhere close to Ogere along the Lagos-Ibadan Expressway, the urge overcame me, prompting me to kill my friend so that the vehicle can become mine.
“I was so possessed that I had to stop the car. We both came down to ease ourselves. Suddenly, I held his neck and strangled him. He tried to struggle but I overpowered him because I was determined to kill him”.
Continuing, he said: “He was my childhood friend, we are also inseparable. I was his most trusted friend. I betrayed all his confidence and trust for selfish reason.
“Before my arrest by the Police, my conscience was not clear. I was feeling like making a confessional statement while the search for the deceased lasted.
“I became very troubled and got to a situation that I could no longer resist the urge for a confessional statement. I believe the crude manner in which I killed him must have made his ghost hunt me. I went to a Pastor and confessed to him. I wanted to also tell his younger brother who knew of our very close relationship. He had been insistent I should know his whereabouts because I was supposed to be the person who saw him last especially on the fateful day,” Damilola added.
The murder suspect, who said he works in one of the Broadcasting stations in Nigeria as an Administrative staff, said he registered the vehicle in his own name when he got to Ibadan immediately after the incident.
The vehicle has been recovered by the Police in Ibadanm.
Damilola attributed the crime to the devil and said he was not also ruling out the possibility of being cursed by some unknown forces.
In an initial attempt to cover up the crime, Damilola employed on a diversionary tactics to frustrate the search for the killer of his close friend.
[b]He told the family and the Police at the thick of the investigations that his friend said he was travelling to South Africa. He was subsequently released on bail by the Police.
[/b]The family appeared unconvinced by the dummy from the accused and insisted the Police should re-arrest him to substantiate his claim that his murdered friend had travelled to South Africa.
Damilola pathologically insisted on his lie. “Adebisi told me that day he was seen last he was travelling to South Africa,” he told the investigators.
The theory only prolonged the investigation but it failed to frustrate further search into the deceased’s sudden disappearance.
National Life learnt that the Police held on to the sudden attitude of bail jumping by the accused person as a clue.
“I have now learnt my lesson, although in a very harsh way. That there is nothing hidden to God. I have disappointed virtually everybody. I ask for forgiveness. It is not good to kill a fellow human being for whatever reason”, he regretted.

source

Re: Man Kills Best Friend by Dsense(m): 9:08pm On Oct 10, 2010
Good job smiley smiley
Re: Man Kills Best Friend by denitro(m): 8:48am On Oct 11, 2010
Murder in the 1st degree

(1) (Reply)

Horrific! Isis Forces Prisoner To Dig Grave Before Beheading Him(photos) / OH GOD!! This Girl's Thighs, Legs Were Crushed In Horrific Accident In Warri (PH / Crack A.k.a Baked Cocaine Is Becoming The Choice Drug For Nigerian Youths

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.