Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,692 members, 7,816,827 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 06:03 PM

Buhari Promotes Lamidi Adeosun To Lieutenant General - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Buhari Promotes Lamidi Adeosun To Lieutenant General (55856 Views)

Lucky Irabor Becomes Four-star General As Buhari Promotes Service Chiefs / President Buhari Promotes Hajo Sani, Aisha’s Aide / Lamidi Adeosun Is Not The New Chief Of Army Staff - Army (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Buhari Promotes Lamidi Adeosun To Lieutenant General by naptu2: 6:35pm On Jul 09, 2019
seunmsg:

Simply put, he’s the next chief of army staff, right?

Not necessarily, but he's in a good position to be the next chief of army staff (there have been lieutenant generals and even generals who did not serve as chief of army staff).

1 Like

Re: Buhari Promotes Lamidi Adeosun To Lieutenant General by shegra58: 6:35pm On Jul 09, 2019
Firstorderwizard:
Afonja can only enjoy licking the remaining fragments in the soup pot in this Buhari govt.but will pay heavily when the repercussion starts
They never learnt from Awo's mistakes undecided
so as Ipob never learn from Ojukwu mistake grin

6 Likes

Re: Buhari Promotes Lamidi Adeosun To Lieutenant General by bjnice(m): 6:37pm On Jul 09, 2019
Firstorderwizard:
Afonja can only enjoy licking the remaining fragments in the soup pot in this Buhari govt.but will pay heavily when the repercussion starts
They never learnt from Awo's mistakes undecided

Thank you for your unsolicited advice, shebe it is our repercussions we go carry am. I know you are speaking from the experience your ethnicity is facing at the moment, you guys wish it is you having such privilege we the proud afonja are enjoying. By 2023 you guys we be alright las las when the post senate chief whip will be handed over to a more honorable tribe.
Re: Buhari Promotes Lamidi Adeosun To Lieutenant General by astOorR(m): 6:39pm On Jul 09, 2019
advocate666:
All these office generals sef.

None of them have ever seen any war front.

Not true man...
Re: Buhari Promotes Lamidi Adeosun To Lieutenant General by emmasege: 6:40pm On Jul 09, 2019
schoolboij:

The man is a Christian. Don’t be fooled by the name. Olonishakin is also a Christian.

And you are not Yoruba.
Please convince me with a proof that he's a Christian. Of course, I know that Olonisakin is a Christian from Ekiti State, but I want you to present us a proof that Adeosun is a Christian because his first name is Muslim, though that doesn't always indicate one's religion.

As per my 'yorubaness', I need not convince you. All that matters is me knowing who I'm and where I come from.

O di'gba kan na.

1 Like

Re: Buhari Promotes Lamidi Adeosun To Lieutenant General by Jega18: 6:41pm On Jul 09, 2019
Uncommon commitment
Re: Buhari Promotes Lamidi Adeosun To Lieutenant General by agabusta: 6:44pm On Jul 09, 2019
awuf2008:
It is just a gimmick to ease him of military. Lt . Gen. Adeosun to retire in July 2019, so no celebration.

The president can extend his service.
Re: Buhari Promotes Lamidi Adeosun To Lieutenant General by agabusta: 6:50pm On Jul 09, 2019
bjnice:

Thank you for your unsolicited advice, shebe it is our repercussions we go carry am. I know you are speaking from the experience your ethnicity is facing at the moment, you guys wish it is you having such privilege we the proud afonja are enjoying. By 2023 you guys we be alright las las when the post senate chief whip will be handed over to a more honorable tribe.

Please which Awos mistakes are these losers always crying about. Awo served under Gowon, a christian from Plateau state. Awo chose a SouthEasterner as running mate.
Re: Buhari Promotes Lamidi Adeosun To Lieutenant General by naptu2: 6:54pm On Jul 09, 2019
seunmsg:

Simply put, he’s the next chief of army staff, right?

I think I should simplify this.

Back in the day, under military rule an officer could be promoted for a variety of reasons.

However, a major general usually commands a division and this has been maintained since we returned to civilian rule (GOCs are major generals, service chiefs are lieutenant generals and the chief of defence staff is usually a 4 star general).

A lieutenant general usually commands at least 3 divisions and that means that General Adeosun might either be made the chief of army staff, be made a commander of an international peace keeping force or might be retired soon.

For example, there were 2 generals in the Nigerian Army c2007 when General Martin-Luther Agwai was made the commander of the UN peace keeping force in Darfur, Sudan. General Azazi was the chief of defence staff of Nigeria at the time.

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Buhari Promotes Lamidi Adeosun To Lieutenant General by igwefivestar(m): 6:57pm On Jul 09, 2019
Re: Buhari Promotes Lamidi Adeosun To Lieutenant General by DTaj: 7:05pm On Jul 09, 2019
daroz:
The said Adeosun is a southerner, yes I know.
But I think Buhari won’t have promoted him if he wasn’t a Muslim... LAMIDI

Yoruba Muslim

It’s either some of you are damn too stupid to read and think, or you are just too blind with hate and prejudice.

The current Chief of Defence Staff, the highest ranking military officer in Nigeria today is General Olonisakin, a Yoruba, well-known practicing Christian from Ekiti state, who this same Buhari you insulted appointed and promoted to full General rank!

By the way, General Olonisakin was appointed during the period Fayose (the sitting Ekiti Governor at the time) always insulted Buhari almost every day...

When intelligent people make comments, they try to be objective; they do not make daft posts one sees all over the place, which are based on tribal and religious bigotry...

8 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Buhari Promotes Lamidi Adeosun To Lieutenant General by Okoroawusa: 7:07pm On Jul 09, 2019
Ostrogoth:

On behalf of most southerners, let me assure you that we do not expect to be part of Nigeria by 2023, now that we've discovered that Buhari is giving tacit consent to the herdsmen and their rapine. Delude your Fulani slave mind saturated with rotten suya smoke any longer for the voice of history is against Buhari and his ilk, for even though all the service chiefs are of his people, yet most soldiers are not and they have a pattern of civilian government overthrow from the president himself. Be good enough to remember that the people were not created for/by government, but government was created for/by the people and as such, any government against its creators cannot stand. Dont you worry tho, you will continue serving your Fulani masters, you and your descendants after you!
No be only on behalf... na onbequarter

2 Likes

Re: Buhari Promotes Lamidi Adeosun To Lieutenant General by seunmsg(m): 7:13pm On Jul 09, 2019
naptu2:

Back in the day, under military rule an officer could be promoted for a variety of reasons.

However, a major general usually commands a division and this has been maintained since we returned to civilian rule (GOCs are major generals, service chiefs are lieutenant generals and the chief of defence staff is usually a 4 star general).

A lieutenant general usually commands at least 3 divisions and that means that General Adeosun might either be made the chief of army staff, be made a commander of an international peace keeping force or might be retired soon.

For example, there were 2 generals in the Nigerian Army c2007 when General Martin-Luther Agwai was made the commander of the UN peace keeping force in Darfur, Sudan. General Azazi was the chief of defence staff of Nigeria at the time.

Thanks for the information.

As per the part in bold, i think it’s also possible that he might be appointed as the next chief of defense staff. If all the current service chiefs are eased out at the same time, he might be pushed up as the CDS considering the fact that he will be the most senior military officer still in service. A major general (very likely from the north grin) will then be appointed as COAS.

1 Like

Re: Buhari Promotes Lamidi Adeosun To Lieutenant General by gabng(m): 7:16pm On Jul 09, 2019
You call Lamidi Adeosun an office general

Nothing EMEKA no go see for gate.

advocate666:

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Buhari Promotes Lamidi Adeosun To Lieutenant General by HAKYN1: 7:16pm On Jul 09, 2019
emmasege:
Though I'm Yoruba, I must admit your observation is perfect. Conservative northern Muslims always prefer southern Muslims if any appointment must come down south. I observed this trend very well during Yar'adua's presidency also.

Osu, be proud of your heritage, the Osu Jew you are quoting is not as good as you an Osu Christian

3 Likes

Re: Buhari Promotes Lamidi Adeosun To Lieutenant General by Livefreeordieha(m): 7:18pm On Jul 09, 2019
chisomdoris:
President Muhammadu Buhari has approved the promotion of the Nigerian Army Chief of Training and Operations, Maj Gen Lamidi Adeosun, to the rank of a Lieutenant General, the same rank as the Chief of the Army Staff, Lt Gen Tukur Buratai.

The Nigerian Army confirmed this promotion in a release on Tuesday.

The acting Director, Army Public Relations, Col Sagir Musa, said apart from Adeosun, the President also approved the promotion of “Brig Gen AB Biu, General Officer Commanding 7 Division to the rank of a Major General.”

Musa said, “The President and Commander-in-Chief, President Muhammadu Buhari, has approved the accelerated promotion of two senior officers and a subaltern of the Nigerian Army. The officers are granted promotion for their extraordinary feats, courage, exemplary leadership, loyalty, uncommon commitment and valour in the counter-insurgency operation in the North Eastern part of the country.

“The two senior officers are Maj Gen Lamidi Adeosun, the Chief of Training and Operations at Army Headquarters, who has been promoted to the rank of Lieutenant General and Brig Gen AB Biu, General Officer Commanding 7 Division and Commander Sector 2 Operation Lafiya Dole, Maiduguri, promoted to the rank of a Major General. Also, promoted to the rank of Captain is Lieutenant AJ Danjibrin of 211 Demonstration Battalion Bauchi.

“Similarly, the Chief of Army Staff, Lt Gen Tukur Buratai, on behalf of officers and soldiers of the Nigerian Army felicitated with the newly promoted officers and extends his best wishes to them in all their future endeavours.”

https://www.google.com/amp/s/punchng.com/breaking-buhari-promotes-adeosun-to-lieutenant-general/amp/
the hustle is real.... Sorry click bait victims.... People are hustling ur frustration and ignorance to enrich themselves and loathe u after... Lol
Re: Buhari Promotes Lamidi Adeosun To Lieutenant General by Marvelous101: 7:18pm On Jul 09, 2019
advocate666:

Means you don't know adeosun, that man is the most dangerous army general we have in the nigerian army, he and his boys single handedly chased out boko haram from 15 local govt in the space of 6 week in 2015... Go ask about the man abeg

10 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Buhari Promotes Lamidi Adeosun To Lieutenant General by naptu2: 7:19pm On Jul 09, 2019
seunmsg:

Thanks for the information.

As per the part in bold, i think it’s also possible that he might be appointed as the next chief of defense staff. If all the current service chiefs are eased out at the same time, he might be pushed up as the CDS considering the fact that he will be the most senior military officer still in service. A major general (very likely from the north grin) will then be appointed as COAS.

But if that's the case he will still need to be promoted to the rank of general and the new chief of army staff will be a lieutenant general.

A lieutenant general usually commands at least 3 divisions and about 60,000 men.

There's also another option, but I don't expect it in civilian rule.

A position could also be created for him.

General Hassan Katsina was the deputy chief of staff, Supreme Headquarters in the 1970s and Murtala Nyarko was the deputy chief of defence staff in the 1990s.
Re: Buhari Promotes Lamidi Adeosun To Lieutenant General by bjnice(m): 7:20pm On Jul 09, 2019
agabusta:

Please which Awos mistakes are these losers always crying about. Awo served under Gowon, a christian from Plateau state. Awo chose a SouthEasterner as running mate.

My brother the matter tired me self. History that never existed.
Re: Buhari Promotes Lamidi Adeosun To Lieutenant General by Neoteny(m): 7:20pm On Jul 09, 2019
advocate666:

Generals have no business being at war fronts.

They're command staff responsible for operations planning and direction.

1 Like

Re: Buhari Promotes Lamidi Adeosun To Lieutenant General by PatrickOkunima(m): 7:22pm On Jul 09, 2019
jerseyboy:
Training is exclusively reserved for southerners.

No power.

No chop chop.

Ignorance! After the COAS, the next lucrative appointment is CTOP.
Re: Buhari Promotes Lamidi Adeosun To Lieutenant General by koresh: 7:24pm On Jul 09, 2019
[quote author=seunmsg post=80100593]What is the implication of this promotion?

Based on precedence, only the chief of army staff gets promoted to the rank of a Lieutenant General. Was he promoted to understudy Buratai so as to ease the succession plan? Or maybe he’s being prepared to take over as chief of defense staff from Gen. Olonisakin as it seems unlikely to me that PMB will be comfortable with a southerner as his chief of army staff. [/quopte]

He has been announced as chief of army staff...
Re: Buhari Promotes Lamidi Adeosun To Lieutenant General by Tochex101(m): 7:25pm On Jul 09, 2019
naptu2:

Mr. K.
Do you mind providing a link to the presentation you mentioned which you watched live......

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Buhari Promotes Lamidi Adeosun To Lieutenant General by hybridblood07(m): 7:30pm On Jul 09, 2019
You're wrong bro. They are infantry officers and they fought Liberia war.
advocate666:

2 Likes

Re: Buhari Promotes Lamidi Adeosun To Lieutenant General by shawnflo(m): 7:34pm On Jul 09, 2019
Re: Buhari Promotes Lamidi Adeosun To Lieutenant General by highskies(m): 7:37pm On Jul 09, 2019
Racoon:
Whao! Congratulations sir.Incoming COAS! Happy for you.Kudus to the Buhari presidency.

I think he is due to retire the month according to this source

https://www.premiumtimesng.com/news/headlines/312944-exclusive-meet-the-four-army-officers-ordered-to-truncate-2015-presidential-election.html?amp_markup=1
Re: Buhari Promotes Lamidi Adeosun To Lieutenant General by tmanuelle(m): 7:39pm On Jul 09, 2019
Racoon:
Whao! Congratulations sir.Incoming COAS! Happy for you.Kudus to the Buhari presidency.

You mean incoming CDS? When all the 4 service chiefs are retired, Adeosun will be the most senior officer, that means he will be the new CDS except however if the C-in-C retires him and appoint another officer.

2 Likes

Re: Buhari Promotes Lamidi Adeosun To Lieutenant General by Bimpe29: 7:44pm On Jul 09, 2019
He should replace the service chiefs.
Re: Buhari Promotes Lamidi Adeosun To Lieutenant General by SachaBastien(m): 7:49pm On Jul 09, 2019
He is being promoted for retirement.

1 Like

Re: Buhari Promotes Lamidi Adeosun To Lieutenant General by ogunsbanjul(m): 7:59pm On Jul 09, 2019
How can a reasonable and highly intelligent real omoluabi Yoruba man or woman seeing this and still say Buhari is tribalistic or still support PDP who picked South/East as vice-presidential candidate, south /South as party chairman and bent on claiming that south/westerns are betrayers. I am not against south east or south/south beeing a vice-presidential candidate or a party chairman respectively but just know that any attempt to sideline or not respect south/west politics simply means you're on your own (OYO) meaning south/west leads while others follows because we are the game changer

5 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

‘Islamic State In West Africa': Boko Haram Renames Itself / President Buhari Signs The 2016 Budget / Victor Edoror, Others Visit Police Commissioner (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.