Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,899 members, 7,810,455 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 09:21 AM

How Can I Stop A Block Industry Behind My House? - Properties (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / How Can I Stop A Block Industry Behind My House? (24084 Views)

This House Built With Plastic Bottle Is Better Than A Block House( Pictures) / My House Is About To Be Demolished, What Should I Do? / Marlians Not Allowed In My House, Landlord Issues Warning To Tenants - More (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How Can I Stop A Block Industry Behind My House? by AxxeMan: 12:30pm On Jul 10, 2019
MrWTF:
there's time to rest bro. And there's a lot of money I don't need to go out to hustle.

Then buy the plot of land the noisemakers are on

1 Like

Re: How Can I Stop A Block Industry Behind My House? by lollybizzu(m): 12:30pm On Jul 10, 2019
MrWTF:
there's time to rest bro. And there's a lot of money I don't need to go out to hustle.
Can you connect me with what you do bro?

As far as it's legit.

I'm interested.

Help a brother.

3 Likes

Re: How Can I Stop A Block Industry Behind My House? by GuestLog: 12:30pm On Jul 10, 2019
Ginaruby:

If you have alot of money as you stated.

Why not relocate to a more serene environment and enjoy your day sleep.

Then use your present location to rear pigs and raise fowl, with that they will understand how you are feeling now.

Make sure you thank me later.
No mind all these yahoo boys wey dey work for night then sleep at day time.

4 Likes

Re: How Can I Stop A Block Industry Behind My House? by sammirano: 12:30pm On Jul 10, 2019
Ginaruby:

Then use your present location to rear pigs and raise fowl, with that they will understand how you are feeling now.

I have to agree with this.

3 Likes

Re: How Can I Stop A Block Industry Behind My House? by WildChild00(m): 12:30pm On Jul 10, 2019
MrWTF:
[b] Good morning Nairaland. There's this annoying Block industry just behind my house. The sound of their machine keeps causing pain to my ears. I can't sleep in the afternoon anymore.

The worst is that, they just brought in Another Machine, which makes the noise even worst.

I have been thinking of the agency who's in charge of this nonsense, that I can report to.

Any idea on what to do please?

L

The agency that is meant to handle such issues is the town planner's but unfortunately, they are not exiting or should I say corruption has eating deep into them, under normal circumstances, and industry is not suppose to be located close to a residential building.
Re: How Can I Stop A Block Industry Behind My House? by LibertyRep: 12:30pm On Jul 10, 2019
I wonder why people castigate the OP.

If a place is designated as a residential area, it is wrong to have such a disturbance whether in the afternoon or at night.

Even if the block industry gets there before others, as soon as the area become fully residential, it is proper for the owner to relocate the company.

6 Likes

Re: How Can I Stop A Block Industry Behind My House? by osemoses1234(m): 12:30pm On Jul 10, 2019
Bb
Re: How Can I Stop A Block Industry Behind My House? by Starz825(m): 12:31pm On Jul 10, 2019
Ginaruby:

grin grin.. people dey dis country ooo....so as Dem dey make noise with their machine..make him sef dey kill them with pig smell grin..make we wait to see who go first run

12 Likes

Re: How Can I Stop A Block Industry Behind My House? by Hollysaint: 12:31pm On Jul 10, 2019
I feel your pain sir.Pls go to agency or department of state government that approved housing in your state and complain.I can imagine the disturbance especially in a residential area.
Re: How Can I Stop A Block Industry Behind My House? by dejio42(m): 12:32pm On Jul 10, 2019
Maybe just maybe they produced the blocks u build your house with. Now u want to stop dem from progressing. I wonder what your prayer point is in morning devotion

2 Likes

Re: How Can I Stop A Block Industry Behind My House? by Flygeriansteve: 12:33pm On Jul 10, 2019
MrWTF:
[b] Good morning Nairaland. There's this annoying Block industry just behind my house. The sound of their machine keeps causing pain to my ears. I can't sleep in the afternoon anymore.

The worst is that, they just brought in Another Machine, which makes the noise even worst.

I have been thinking of the agency who's in charge of this nonsense, that I can report to.

L

You stop them. Talk to a lawyer. They’ll bring an action in nuisance and can restrain them from going ahead with the block industry
Re: How Can I Stop A Block Industry Behind My House? by StoneLucifer: 12:33pm On Jul 10, 2019
I always believe in taking my time and spending money to get a comfortable home without external disturbances..I dont compromise my comfort. Home is a place of rest and relaxation not distraction and discomfort..Just start looking for another house.

3 Likes

Re: How Can I Stop A Block Industry Behind My House? by permit(m): 12:33pm On Jul 10, 2019
MrWTF:
but this is a residential area for Christ sake. Wtf should there be disturbance?
Mr fucker well done
Re: How Can I Stop A Block Industry Behind My House? by greggng: 12:34pm On Jul 10, 2019
MrWTF:

L

You are too funny ...only lazy people sleep in the afternoon...I believe the case will turn against you cos you wan put sand inside another person garri. Go to work and by the time you are back, the block industry would 've closed ...then you will sleep well....to this end i justice ikpeama has struck out your petition on technical ground. Continue to enjoy your nebor

5 Likes

Re: How Can I Stop A Block Industry Behind My House? by Smooth278(m): 12:34pm On Jul 10, 2019
Hi, every local government area authority has a unit dedicated to environmental issues and the abatement of nuisance... File a formal complaint to them and watch the film show...

Thank me later

1 Like 1 Share

Re: How Can I Stop A Block Industry Behind My House? by rhythyson: 12:35pm On Jul 10, 2019
All i can say is that you are in sefia pain grin grin

Re: How Can I Stop A Block Industry Behind My House? by EmzyT: 12:35pm On Jul 10, 2019
Sleep in the Afternoon? When your mates are our there hustling or do you do your own hustling at Night? angry

3 Likes

Re: How Can I Stop A Block Industry Behind My House? by bendike: 12:36pm On Jul 10, 2019
Officialgarri:
There's a popular church (name withheld) who sighted their own old lister generator a distance away from their church but right behind our house windows.

The noise and the generator fume is sickening. We talked to the pastor, yet they refused to relocate it. We have left them for God cry
Contact Lagos state ministry of environment.
Thank me later grin

3 Likes

Re: How Can I Stop A Block Industry Behind My House? by UEDIBO: 12:36pm On Jul 10, 2019
MrWTF:
I will quote you, not because you are relevant, but because you are human.

Not everyone is a 9-5 slave. That's the highest I can say to you.
Bro how i wish your God can be my God. i am not too well to do. please inspire me.
Re: How Can I Stop A Block Industry Behind My House? by seancombs617: 12:36pm On Jul 10, 2019
Follow my instruction
1. Take your dvd remote control
2.go to the block industry
3.point the remote at their machine
4.press and hold stop on the remote control
5.machine stops
6.shikena

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Can I Stop A Block Industry Behind My House? by Paintproduction: 12:36pm On Jul 10, 2019
Simple buy the land...

Contact me for paint production training.. thanks

1 Like

Re: How Can I Stop A Block Industry Behind My House? by calebians1(m): 12:36pm On Jul 10, 2019
Buy the block industry...
Re: How Can I Stop A Block Industry Behind My House? by oglalasioux(m): 12:36pm On Jul 10, 2019
MrWTF:
I will quote you, not because you are relevant, but because you are human.

Not everyone is a 9-5 slave. That's the highest I can say to you.

Are you saying your work is only through the night? You should be ashamed to post that you sleep in the afternoon and want a legitimate business to stop for you to sleep.

3 Likes

Re: How Can I Stop A Block Industry Behind My House? by Tolu95(m): 12:37pm On Jul 10, 2019
MrWTF:

L

It is very simple if you are the owner of the building just go to the nearest town planning office.. They will tell them to stop using machines and start using hand method to make their blocks.. If you are not the owner kindly contact your landlord to go to the town planning office....they can still operate but they will not be able to use the machine again. The machine is bad for humans health (noise population and smoke)

The same is happening in my area but the needful has been done.

2 Likes

Re: How Can I Stop A Block Industry Behind My House? by bendike: 12:39pm On Jul 10, 2019
MrWTF:

L
Contact Lagos state ministry of environment. Just call the complaint number.
Thank me later grin

1 Like

Re: How Can I Stop A Block Industry Behind My House? by Vickwinners: 12:39pm On Jul 10, 2019
Smooth278:
Hi, every local government area authority has a unit dedicated to environmental issues and the abatement of nuisance... File a formal complaint to them and watch the film show...

Thank me later

That's one best step he should take.

Nuisance is actionable in court provided he has his facts.
In the worse case scenario, he should get a court injunction barring the company from continuing with the nuisance since it's a residential area.
Re: How Can I Stop A Block Industry Behind My House? by Godbpraised: 12:39pm On Jul 10, 2019
you must be sick
Re: How Can I Stop A Block Industry Behind My House? by Paretomaster1(m): 12:41pm On Jul 10, 2019
Buy the block industry......
Re: How Can I Stop A Block Industry Behind My House? by Switruth: 12:42pm On Jul 10, 2019
Greatzeus:
You can't stop them,they are doing their business legally as citizens. There are thousands of them all around though I don't have any one close to my place of residence.
. You ended up saying nothing. Noise pollution law is enshrined. Sue and get free.
Re: How Can I Stop A Block Industry Behind My House? by bjbjbj: 12:43pm On Jul 10, 2019
What are you doing sleeping in the afternoon. Go look for job.

1 Like

Re: How Can I Stop A Block Industry Behind My House? by bendike: 12:44pm On Jul 10, 2019
EmzyT:
Sleep in the Afternoon? When your mates are our there hustling or do you do your own hustling at Night? angry
If he wants to sleep all day that is his right. To have noice pollution disturb him from the business next door is worth him complaining. You cannot use your business to disturb another person's peace for God's sake. After all it is a residential area.

3 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

A Propossed Six Bedrooms Duplex Building In Port Harcourt / Hotel Building Under Construction Collapses In Delta State. Photo / The Magnificent 4 Bedroom Duplex In Port Harcourt

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.