Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,350 members, 7,822,652 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 02:28 PM

How Can I Stop A Block Industry Behind My House? - Properties (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / How Can I Stop A Block Industry Behind My House? (24132 Views)

This House Built With Plastic Bottle Is Better Than A Block House( Pictures) / My House Is About To Be Demolished, What Should I Do? / Marlians Not Allowed In My House, Landlord Issues Warning To Tenants - More (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How Can I Stop A Block Industry Behind My House? by Iamsammy(m): 12:44pm On Jul 10, 2019
MrWTF:
there's time to rest bro. And there's a lot of money I don't need to go out to hustle.
lot of money and u don't need to work again. Welcome Dangote first son
Re: How Can I Stop A Block Industry Behind My House? by EVarn(m): 12:44pm On Jul 10, 2019
MrWTF:
[b] Good morning Nairaland. There's this annoying Block industry just behind my house. The sound of their machine keeps causing pain to my ears. I can't sleep in the afternoon anymore.

The worst is that, they just brought in Another Machine, which makes the noise even worst.

I have been thinking of the agency who's in charge of this nonsense, that I can report to.

Any idea on what to do please?

L
Write a petition to the Commissioner for Environment of your state on the issue, send copies of the letter to LASEMA(if you reside in Lagos), Ministry of Environment, House Committee on Environmental affairs of your state's House of Assembly through the office of the HoA clerk, and the DPO of any nearby police station.

Alternatively, you can get a lawyer,go to state high court and procure an order for suspension of all activities of the block industry pending hearing of the case(based on breach of environmental laws) and a sub-poena inviting the owner to court.

2 Likes

Re: How Can I Stop A Block Industry Behind My House? by Vickwinners: 12:44pm On Jul 10, 2019
The OP can make complaints to the ministry of Environment especially regarding the claims that the area is a residential zone.

If nothing is done, he can then approach the court for an injunction from the court to bar those guys from operating there.

Nuisance is actionable in court.

2 Likes

Re: How Can I Stop A Block Industry Behind My House? by TundeeednuT: 12:45pm On Jul 10, 2019
What are you doing at home in the afternoon
Re: How Can I Stop A Block Industry Behind My House? by Baroba(m): 12:46pm On Jul 10, 2019
Edoloaded:
The comments above is the reason why Nigeria is how it is today. And why this country might never get better.

In saner countries noise pollution is a criminal offence especially in residential areas.

Someone will just put block factory close to residential homes. And instead of these fools to give the concerned citizen ways to bring them to justice they are telling him to relocate..

We Nigerians deserve the leaders we get. Let's keep suffering it.. abeg any one reading this if you have the chance to leave this country run oh,

Thank you bro..I couldn't believe what I was reading, people are damn too daft in this country, no wonder our " leaders" are getting away with whatever they want..sad..

A block industry, club, church, factories have no buisness in a residential district..I forgot, this is Nigeria..smh

8 Likes

Re: How Can I Stop A Block Industry Behind My House? by mfm04622: 12:47pm On Jul 10, 2019
Officialgarri:
There's a popular church (name withheld) who sighted their own old lister generator a distance away from their church but right behind our house windows.

The noise and the generator fume is sickening. We talked to the pastor, yet they refused to relocate it. We have left them for God cry

If you are in Lagos, report them !
Re: How Can I Stop A Block Industry Behind My House? by Nobody: 12:47pm On Jul 10, 2019
Ginaruby:

If you have alot of money as you stated.

Why not relocate to a more serene environment and enjoy your day sleep.

Then use your present location to rear pigs and raise fowl, with that they will understand how you are feeling now.

Make sure you thank me later.

You didn't ask him the vital questions to truly understand his plight, you just went head on to bash him and brand him jobless. You have bad blood walahi
Re: How Can I Stop A Block Industry Behind My House? by KanuSE: 12:49pm On Jul 10, 2019
Officialgarri:
There's a popular church (name withheld) who sighted their own old lister generator a distance away from their church but right behind our house windows.

The noise and the generator fume is sickening. We talked to the pastor, yet they refused to relocate it. We have left them for God cry

Lol
Re: How Can I Stop A Block Industry Behind My House? by proprince(m): 12:50pm On Jul 10, 2019
Send UNBLOCK to 131 cry

6 Likes

Re: How Can I Stop A Block Industry Behind My House? by chinedu234(m): 12:51pm On Jul 10, 2019
Go to the ministry of environment. We all have rights. It is their responsibility to mitigate the noise. It's not only worship centres that noise pollution laws are made for.
Re: How Can I Stop A Block Industry Behind My House? by rockyh(m): 12:51pm On Jul 10, 2019
Edoloaded:
The comments above is the reason why Nigeria is how it is today. And why this country might never get better.

In saner countries noise pollution is a criminal offence especially in residential areas.

Someone will just put block factory close to residential homes. And instead of these fools to give the concerned citizen ways to bring them to justice they are telling him to relocate..

We Nigerians deserve the leaders we get. Let's keep suffering it.. abeg any one reading this if you have the chance to leave this country run oh,
u are the fool incase you don't know how the economy is going

1 Like

Re: How Can I Stop A Block Industry Behind My House? by Lovelyn451(f): 12:52pm On Jul 10, 2019
on

1 Like

Re: How Can I Stop A Block Industry Behind My House? by Jennifer89(f): 12:52pm On Jul 10, 2019
hmm as for those that have their house directly behind a church how do you cope with all the noise and loudspeakers mounted at all corners

1 Like

Re: How Can I Stop A Block Industry Behind My House? by Gasfoundation(m): 12:53pm On Jul 10, 2019
Go to any environmental health office around you and report them food don land for environmental health officers be that by the time dey settle officers 2-3 times they will pack up and change location grin grin
MrWTF:
[b] Good morning Nairaland. There's this annoying Block industry just behind my house. The sound of their machine keeps causing pain to my ears. I can't sleep in the afternoon anymore.

The worst is that, they just brought in Another Machine, which makes the noise even worst.

I have been thinking of the agency who's in charge of this nonsense, that I can report to.

L
Re: How Can I Stop A Block Industry Behind My House? by Aarenasbaba(m): 12:55pm On Jul 10, 2019
skedman:
They dont work at night and beside they close 6pm

Instead of you to learn how the business is been done due to your unemployment status you are here complaining because you want to sleep
I guess the house he stays belongs to him......and he isn't complaining of unemployment, rather disturbance....proper medication should b given to treat a specific illness....

1 Like

Re: How Can I Stop A Block Industry Behind My House? by ENG0701: 12:55pm On Jul 10, 2019
Officialgarri:

If it's in Lagos, you can report them to the ministry of environment. I had a similar issue with Assemblies of God church beside my house, after plenty complaints, we reported them to the ministry, and the ministry sent people to investigate. I was impressed. Although it only solved the problem for awhile

1 Like

Re: How Can I Stop A Block Industry Behind My House? by Mulatta(m): 12:56pm On Jul 10, 2019
Buy isolation windows
Re: How Can I Stop A Block Industry Behind My House? by Aarenasbaba(m): 12:58pm On Jul 10, 2019
I need to invite my brother who is a lawyer to nairaland, he has once mentioned or quoted the law against environmental pollution before me once. I pray he has time
Re: How Can I Stop A Block Industry Behind My House? by ENG0701: 1:00pm On Jul 10, 2019
GuestLog:
No mind all these yahoo boys wey dey work for night then sleep at day time.

Not only Yahoo boys work at night, doctors, pharmacists on call work at night. I have a neighbor who is an engineer. He is on permanent night. Works four nights, and his off for three days.
Re: How Can I Stop A Block Industry Behind My House? by MrWTF(m): 1:00pm On Jul 10, 2019
Edoloaded:

replying them would be insane. Thanks

2 Likes

Re: How Can I Stop A Block Industry Behind My House? by jahbiz: 1:01pm On Jul 10, 2019
MrWTF:

L
Do what the rich do, buy the fucking business and the land all together
Re: How Can I Stop A Block Industry Behind My House? by MrWTF(m): 1:01pm On Jul 10, 2019
Amowap2019:
This is my Question, Is the block industry there before you rented d apartment or after?
hell No
Re: How Can I Stop A Block Industry Behind My House? by cookingsoul(m): 1:01pm On Jul 10, 2019
how about ppl dat turn on generator should they stop.op go get a real job
Re: How Can I Stop A Block Industry Behind My House? by nobone(f): 1:06pm On Jul 10, 2019
Please teach me your business. I'm tired of circular job. Struggling from 6-7 pm yet living from hand to mouth. I'm serious o bro please....
MrWTF:
I will quote you, not because you are relevant, but because you are human.

Not everyone is a 9-5 slave. That's the highest I can say to you.

1 Like

Re: How Can I Stop A Block Industry Behind My House? by Jinad50: 1:06pm On Jul 10, 2019
Edoloaded:

Bros apart from calling them fools, u just spoke my mind.

3 Likes

Re: How Can I Stop A Block Industry Behind My House? by Jaqenhghar: 1:06pm On Jul 10, 2019
Greatzeus:
You can't stop them,they are doing their business legally as citizens. There are thousands of them all around though I don't have any one close to my place of residence.
See shithole reasoning. Because they are making money they should constitute a nuisance to your well being. Thats why some of you are destined to suffer in that shithole. Then you wonder why other countries are light years ahead of you

3 Likes

Re: How Can I Stop A Block Industry Behind My House? by Nobody: 1:08pm On Jul 10, 2019
What is this one saying? What if after building your home, 3 months later, a block factory is sited at your backyard? You will dismantle your home?
or you will live with it for teh rest of your life?

StoneLucifer:
I always believe in taking my time and spending money to get a comfortable home without external disturbances..I dont compromise my comfort. Home is a place of rest and relaxation not distraction and discomfort..Just start looking for another house.

1 Like

Re: How Can I Stop A Block Industry Behind My House? by Jaqenhghar: 1:08pm On Jul 10, 2019
skedman:
They dont work at night and beside they close 6pm

Instead of you to learn how the business is been done due to your unemployment status you are here complaining because you want to sleep
See another shithole logic. I would like to see you go to oyinbo land and try this nonsense then explain this stupid logic to a judge

1 Like

Re: How Can I Stop A Block Industry Behind My House? by ENG0701: 1:09pm On Jul 10, 2019
MrWTF:
replying them would be insane. Thanks

Don't bother replying them. I think your options are:
-Sound proof window/door
-Report to ministry of environment (if you are in Lagos).

1 Like

Re: How Can I Stop A Block Industry Behind My House? by MrWTF(m): 1:09pm On Jul 10, 2019
cookingsoul:
how about ppl dat turn on generator should they stop.op go get a real job
poor man mentality
Re: How Can I Stop A Block Industry Behind My House? by Jaqenhghar: 1:09pm On Jul 10, 2019
StoneLucifer:
I always believe in taking my time and spending money to get a comfortable home without external disturbances..I dont compromise my comfort. Home is a place of rest and relaxation not distraction and discomfort..Just start looking for another house.
.so its only people that have money that have a right to enjoy a comfortable home. Abeg na who do una like this nau

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Cost Of Rent Around Kaduna Nigeria| Cotenant.com.ng / What Type Of House Can ₦400k Savings Per Month Build? / A Propossed Six Bedrooms Duplex Building In Port Harcourt

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.