Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,949 members, 7,814,218 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 09:15 AM

How Come I Am Never Lucky???? - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / How Come I Am Never Lucky???? (3536 Views)

I Am Not Lucky With A Husband. / Good Evening Nairalander Come I Need Your Help Pls / How Come Women In My Family Don't Marry (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

How Come I Am Never Lucky???? by Jonscotin: 12:51pm On Jul 10, 2019
I struggle to make ends meet every time. When others are lucky, I struggle even when I put in my best. Right from childhood. Am really depressed. I have made millions of naira but all always end up in people's hand. In 2014 I gave a family friend 1.14m for his co-operative society after preaching how I will be getting interest from it. Till now, he ran out of town. In 2015, I gave my neighbour 1m since they were struggling and wanted to change business and I wanted to help out. That one is stuck and and they haven't been able to pay back. With so many other little sums ranging from 200k to 15k that I have used to help people and they end up not paying me back. I am the type of person that hardly say no to people after much persuasion. I don't know why am this soft....
This year, just a month after my wedding, I have been making wrong choices. I borrowed someone 350k to give me back last month ending and he hasn't given me back. I initially refused giving him but he was calling and begging for one week, saying it won't get up to last month ending, he will give me back the money, well today is 10th and he is not picking my calls.
My business has been down of late cos of too many competitions and the people selling fakes are been patronized more then me cos I usually stick to originals. I had to put my only car for sale and I gave it to a friend to help me to sell it. Now the car just got got burnt after we just saw a buyer that was ready to pay this next day.
Am confused, why is all this happening to me. Am now a laughing stock among my classmates and coursesmates cos I was among the top in secondary school then but I wasn't lucky to study a good course. The only lucky things I have now are my wife, mother and brother. But am depressed now esp over the burnt car and no money again. I can't stand this shame. I feel like am losing it now

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Come I Am Never Lucky???? by LaCremy: 12:55pm On Jul 10, 2019
So sorry for your loss
Re: How Come I Am Never Lucky???? by Jonscotin: 1:08pm On Jul 10, 2019
I have been praying for this cup to pass over me. I have lost appetite since two weeks now. Am just sad over everything. Maybe cos am too soft. I don't know why God created me this way. Sometimes I feel like questioning God over this issues
Re: How Come I Am Never Lucky???? by donbachi(m): 1:15pm On Jul 10, 2019
You are a divine project..seek the face of God and get more closer to him so u can enjoy ur covenant open heaven.the devil does not fight empty vessels,rather he fights vessels of honor..may the good lord see u through and open a new heaven over u.

8 Likes

Re: How Come I Am Never Lucky???? by Abfinest007(m): 1:25pm On Jul 10, 2019
go for deliverance

1 Like

Re: How Come I Am Never Lucky???? by SageMK: 1:29pm On Jul 10, 2019
I watched a documentary on the holocaust today.

Bro, your crisis is heaven compared to what I saw.

So you are not unlucky!

You made those bad decisions.
What is happening to you are simply consequences.

Stop believing or pretending it wasn't in your control.

2 Likes

Re: How Come I Am Never Lucky???? by Nobody: 1:38pm On Jul 10, 2019
@Jonscotin

I even felt depressed reading your story, this is very sad honestly. I hope this story is not fake because so many emotions running from this story.
I'm even more bothered because you are married, If you were single. The problems would be easier to manage properly as you owe no one a Roof over their head, but right now you need help.

There are 3 basic solutions to this, One is fervent continuous prayer, Two is contacting your old real friends to save you from this, Nature has made it that If you have a good character & were helpful during your good days, 1 or 2 real friends who can always assist you.

Three, as long as your wife doesn't panick. Then things will be be Okay, both of you cannot be depressed at the same time. I feel that you might be on the verge of suicide if not properly managed.

4 Likes

Re: How Come I Am Never Lucky???? by Acidosis(m): 1:59pm On Jul 10, 2019
Begin to search for knowledge, bro. I'm not talking about academic knowledge now but intellectual, practical and real-time knowledge. It is not coincidence that you're losing money left, right and centre.

It is lack of knowledge that made you give a friend your car to sell when there are at least 3 credible DIY (Do-it-yourself) platforms to sell your car. One used to be the very popular OLX, now it's Jiji (Jiji acquired OLX btw). Lack of knowledge would still make some fall for an Olx deal when in actual fact, the company died while they were sleeping.

The world is moving so fast you need to blend with the speed. You used to be top in your class but that's no longer relevant. You've made some money in the past but that's no longer relevant. How much do you know about investments today?

A shortfall in knowledge, not softness, made you give loans to the tune of 1m to people with no capacity to refund. It is not devil at work, bro.

Spend more time searching and researching. Desire intellectual cost, and remember that knowledge, not money, is the greatest form of capital and power. If you don't have it, you don't have it.

16 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Come I Am Never Lucky???? by Jonscotin: 2:02pm On Jul 10, 2019
truthsayer009:
@Jonscotin

I even felt depressed reading your story, this is very sad honestly. I hope this story is not fake because so many emotions running from this story.
I'm even more bothered because you are married, If you were single. The problems would be easier to manage properly as you owe no one a Roof over their head, but right now you need help.

There are 3 basic solutions to this, One is fervent continuous prayer, Two is contacting your old real friends to save you from this, Nature has made it that If you have a good character & were helpful during your good days, 1 or 2 real friends who can always assist you.

Three, as long as your wife doesn't panick. Then things will be be Okay, both of you cannot be depressed at the same time. I feel that you might be on the verge of suicide if not properly managed.
Thank you for your kind words. The truth is my wife is not panicking but she will soon put to birth in Maybe a two months or three months time. I have been praying fervently for this cup to pass me by. I have a property that I have put for sale now. I pray I see a buyer soon. And I just bought it of recent. I had intended to keep and develop it that was why I wanted to sell my car and invest the money in my business before it got burnt. As it is now, my business is not up and running now
Re: How Come I Am Never Lucky???? by lilmax(m): 2:04pm On Jul 10, 2019
so they have changed "poor management" to unlucky?

from what I read, the only bad thing that happened to you is your burnt car

I guess you're the type that think, what you have now will remain forever, so you keep giving without saving

1 Like

Re: How Come I Am Never Lucky???? by Nobody: 2:04pm On Jul 10, 2019
lilmax:
so they have changed "poor management" to unlucky?

from what I read, the only bad thing that happened to you is your burnt car

I guess you're the type that think, what you have now will remain forever, so you keep giving without saving

Read the story again, this time slower.

1 Like

Re: How Come I Am Never Lucky???? by lilmax(m): 2:07pm On Jul 10, 2019
truthsayer009:

Read the story again, this time slower.
no you should read the story again, this time remove emotions out of it

9 Likes

Re: How Come I Am Never Lucky???? by Jonscotin: 2:11pm On Jul 10, 2019
Acidosis:
Begin to search for knowledge, bro. I'm not talking about academic knowledge now but intellectual, practical and real-time knowledge. It is not coincidence that you're losing money left, right and centre.

It is lack of knowledge that made you give a friend your car to sell when there are at least 3 credible DIY (Do-it-yourself) platforms to sell your car. One used to be the very popular OLX, now it's Jiji (Jiji acquired OLX btw). The world is moving so fast you need to blend with the speed. You used to be top in your class but that's no longer relevant. You've made some money in the past but that's no longer relevant. How much do you know about investments, not just your business?

A shortfall in knowledge, not softness, made you give loans to the tune of 1m to people with no capacity to refund. It is not devil at work, bro.

Spend more time searching and researching. Desire intellectual cost, and remember that knowledge, not money, is the greatest form of capital and power. If you don't have it, you don't have it.
I didn't give him to hold and sell for me. I gave him to go and show his friend that was in another town to see and buy and I was busy that day cos I would have fone with him. We bargained on the phone and the person agreed to pay the next day. On his way coming back was when the car caught fire.
The people I gave loan to were people that I thought could pay back as at that time and circumstances beyond them made them not to pay back. So am like why am I not lucky when dealing with people? Even people I never expected to fail still fail me
Re: How Come I Am Never Lucky???? by Jonscotin: 2:18pm On Jul 10, 2019
Am just voicing out now cos it's not yet obvious to people now but am afraid of the future. But I believe God will surprise me. Maybe it was poor management like someone said but it wasn't my fault to help a neighbour in need. I believe God will recover all my wealth for me in His due time.

1 Like

Re: How Come I Am Never Lucky???? by saintneo(m): 2:26pm On Jul 10, 2019
being able to make over 1m is not luck, it's hardwork. For me you have unfriendly friends. Visit MFM for deliverance.
Jonscotin:
I struggle to make ends meet every time. When others are lucky, I struggle even when I put in my best. Right from childhood. Am really depressed. I have made millions of naira but all always end up in people's hand. In 2014 I gave a family friend 1.14m for his co-operative society after preaching how I will be getting interest from it. Till now, he ran out of town. In 2015, I gave my neighbour 1m since they were struggling and wanted to change business and I wanted to help out. That one is stuck and and they haven't been able to pay back. With so many other little sums ranging from 200k to 15k that I have used to help people and they end up not paying me back. I am the type of person that hardly say no to people after much persuasion. I don't know why am this soft....
This year, just a month after my wedding, I have been making wrong choices. I borrowed someone 350k to give me back last month ending and he hasn't given me back. I initially refused giving him but he was calling and begging for one week, saying it won't get up to last month ending, he will give me back the money, well today is 10th and he is not picking my calls.
My business has been down of late cos of too many competitions and the people selling fakes are been patronized more then me cos I usually stick to originals. I had to put my only car for sale and I gave it to a friend to help me to sell it. Now the car just got got burnt after we just saw a buyer that was ready to pay this next day.
Am confused, why is all this happening to me. Am now a laughing stock among my classmates and coursesmates cos I was among the top in secondary school then but I wasn't lucky to study a good course. The only lucky things I have now are my wife, mother and brother. But am depressed now esp over the burnt car and no money again. I can't stand this shame. I feel like am losing it now
Re: How Come I Am Never Lucky???? by ebuka10box(m): 2:35pm On Jul 10, 2019
I didn't feel like commenting but I was touched by your story... My brother God has something big for u ,trust me . Ur story is not different from mine . I have invested into what others make profit but no headway, I ventured into gambling . I dug my grave by doing that. I finished service since 2017 but nothing tangible to show. My mates are getting married and getting properties but I have none . But I got the greatest asset which is life . U are living for a purpose thats why your chapter hasn't closed . I bliv God that made u rise back in the days will make u bounce back *2....

6 Likes

Re: How Come I Am Never Lucky???? by Jonscotin: 2:39pm On Jul 10, 2019
saintneo:
being able to make over 1m is not luck, it's hardwork. For me you have unfriendly friends. Visit MFM for deliverance.
The truth is that I have been trusting people for long and I get hurt in the long run. Sometimes when I see people beg me for money and I don't get them and they pass through pains, I become restless and pained cos I didn't help out. But this last help of 350k has just broken my heart to pieces. I don't keep friends and I do help out to people and church. But now am so heartbroken from the 350k to my car that just got burnt. And I ask God why me? If I have been heartless I know I would hv had abt 10million with me. I just don't understand if it's a crime to help out. But what I have understand now is that it's better to dash people little money than to loan them.

5 Likes

Re: How Come I Am Never Lucky???? by Logobenzz: 2:48pm On Jul 10, 2019
Trust me brother,these things are inevitable in a person's life I think.
2019 has been my worst year so far in life.
But the only difference is I think I had much cash stashed up somewhere.(thank God for Johnny walker men)
But then disaster hit from the very first day 2019 began.the first business I did burnt me more than 6m in losses.(useless import agent with her poor judgement and senselessness and foolishness.spits!)
I continued looking for other options,no way!
All of a sudden too,one old debt people came with their wahala and threw me in jail.if I tell you the amount eh.
I was forced by law to pay that money in four years.i was depressed,heartbroken too all thanks to one idiot I dated at the time,and was even suicidal at a point.
In fact many things I can't recall all now.
I even went to Adamawa of all places to go and do business despite the terror happening there.
That has been the only profitable venture I've done since this year.
Guess what?I received a WhatsApp message from one of my guys from way back in school.
I later called him back with no expectations at heart,I just told him all I was going through and he invited me over to the US for another headway men.
I went there,we talked,we even combined to setup this new project I have right now.
So baba no lose hope and don't sell your property ever!rather borrow little and start from scratch.
E go pay and don't ever give people money.i don't do it anymore!!
Develop the heart of a beast.na them go collect and when you fall na them go spread rumour say you don fall.
I repeat don't ever help anybody!if the person go die,then so be it!!!Only family bro,no joke with them.
Goodluck padi

2 Likes

Re: How Come I Am Never Lucky???? by Jonscotin: 2:53pm On Jul 10, 2019
I would have wanted to ask people not to help people out on loans even if it's close ones but giving that advise will be depriving some people some life saving money. I pray nvr to stop giving but God should direct good people to me. Not people that will cost me pain
Re: How Come I Am Never Lucky???? by Jonscotin: 2:57pm On Jul 10, 2019
Logobenzz:
Trust me brother,these things are inevitable in a person's life I think.
2019 has been my worst year so far in life.
But the only difference is I think I had much cash stashed up somewhere.(thank God for Johnny walker men)
But then disaster hit from the very first day 2019 began.the first business I did burnt me more than 6m in losses.(useless import agent with her poor judgement and senselessness and foolishness.spits!)
I continued looking for other options,no way!
All of a sudden too,one old debt people came with their wahala and threw me in jail.if I tell you the amount eh.
I was forced by law to pay that money in four years.i was depressed,heartbroken too all thanks to one idiot I dated at the time,and was even suicidal at a point.
In fact many things I can't recall all now.
I even went to Adamawa of all places to go and do business despite the terror happening there.
That has been the only profitable venture I've done since this year.
Guess what?I received a WhatsApp message from one of my guys from way back in school.
I later called him back with no expectations at heart,I just told him all I was going through and he invited me over to the US for another headway men.
I went there,we talked,we even combined to setup this new project I have right now.
So baba no lose hope and don't sell your property ever!rather borrow little and start from scratch.
E go pay and don't ever give people money.i don't do it anymore!!
Develop the heart of a beast.na them go collect and when you fall na them go spread rumour say you don fall.
I repeat don't ever help anybody!if the person go die,then so be it!!!Only family bro,no joke with them.
Goodluck padi
Thank you bro. But I have to sell that property to survive now. I know b4 the year runs out I will make twice the amount back God's willing.

2 Likes

Re: How Come I Am Never Lucky???? by Richy4(m): 3:09pm On Jul 10, 2019
Your type is not what Nigeria needed.. You were not destined to be a Nigerian were there are lots of dishonest people Hence their yes is not yes and their No is not always NO..
People were taking your golden heart for a ride and are making you look like a fool.. I know your type buddy... and I know you won't change because it's an inborn thing.. Even when you said NO, your conscience and Mindset will be turning and you won't be able to sleep at Night...I pray that your wife will understand you and starts saying NO on your behalf..

Don't say you are unlucky because that's a gift that was given to you.. Some Natural gift are really annoying such as the one you have.
. smiley

5 Likes

Re: How Come I Am Never Lucky???? by Logobenzz: 3:10pm On Jul 10, 2019
Jonscotin:

Thank you bro. But I have to sell that property to survive now. I know b4 the year runs out I will make twice the amount back God's willing.
ok sure baba.
If na your only lifeline,go ahead then.
Be cautious this time around and be selfish.
Goodluck men.
Re: How Come I Am Never Lucky???? by Jonscotin: 3:17pm On Jul 10, 2019
I have been thinking too much cos of my car that got burnt. Am like why me? Even when I have lost alot. Why??
Re: How Come I Am Never Lucky???? by KanwuliaExtra: 3:24pm On Jul 10, 2019
That is life.
Always a humbling block on the way to progress.
Hang in there.
No condition is permanent, good or bad.
You will be rewarded for all your good deed.
It might just take a while.
Everyone has a cross of depression to carry.

Your greatest accomplishment yet, is to conquer all failures and depression. Take a break and re-focus.

As for those laughing. . . It is their prerogative. kiss

5 Likes

Re: How Come I Am Never Lucky???? by Jonscotin: 3:28pm On Jul 10, 2019
Richy4:
Your type is not what Nigeria needed.. You were not destined to be a Nigerian were there are lots of dishonest people Hence their yes is not yes and their No is not always NO..
People were taking your golden heart for a ride and are making you look like a fool.. I know your type buddy... and I know you won't change because it's an inborn thing.. Even when you said NO, your conscience and Mindset will be turning and you won't be able to sleep at Night...I pray that your wife will understand you and starts saying NO on your behalf..

Don't say you are unlucky because that's a gift that was given to you.. Some Natural gift are really annoying such as the one you have.
. smiley
Exactly. Am the only person that my neighbours and relations run too when they are in difficulties but now i have nobody to run to except God....
I pray God help me out till I sell my property. In all this I feel for my wife cos I nvr wanted her to go through this after our wedding. I have many story to tell in this my 31years on earth.
Re: How Come I Am Never Lucky???? by Graduateacher(f): 3:54pm On Jul 10, 2019
Jonscotin:

Exactly. Am the only person that my neighbours and relations run too when they are in difficulties but now i have nobody to run to except God....
I pray God help me out till I sell my property. In all this I feel for my wife cos I nvr wanted her to go through this after our wedding. I have many story to tell in this my 31years on earth.

Are you sure your friends are being sincere? do you tell them intimate things? it's possible the car was deliberately set on fire to spite you? don't trust anybody.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Come I Am Never Lucky???? by Jonscotin: 4:09pm On Jul 10, 2019
Graduateacher:

Are you sure your friends are being sincere? do you tell them intimate things? it's possible the car was deliberately set on fire to spite you? don't trust anybody.
I don't really know, only God can tell. According to him he used the car to pick two passengers as he was coming back and someone notified him that the car was burning under. He had to park and then the fire was much. The car is a sienna 2005 model. Just a year registered in Nigeria
Re: How Come I Am Never Lucky???? by Vincad: 4:46pm On Jul 10, 2019
Damn I feel so sad for you. One thing I've learnt in this life is to never lend someone money that I can't afford to lose. Its my watchword now, even if it is #5000 as long as at that moment I can't afford to lose it, I won't lend it out.

Also I'm suspecting that your friend. Are you sure he has not sold or is planning to sell your car and keep the money all for himself? As for those laughing at you forget them, they can only laugh for so long. Just don't give up and things will definitely turn around for you.

2 Likes

Re: How Come I Am Never Lucky???? by egopersonified(f): 4:58pm On Jul 10, 2019
How can you be unlucky and making money to the extent of giving out millions? do a three days meditation at night, I did not say prayer and fasting ooo, hold your biro and paper, write down all you think you should do concerning your business, no matter how insignificant. Ask yourself what you have observed or heard around you that you can do to make money. Ask yourself what you can do to improve your business, stick to your original, one person's purchase can give you your monthly target. And most importantly, listen to that tiny voice, He knows all but we don't listen enough.
Re: How Come I Am Never Lucky???? by zed7: 5:04pm On Jul 10, 2019
This isn't bad luck, you are too trusting and unfortunately, most Nigerians don't deserve to be trusted. You will bounce back I assure you. For you to have achieved quite a bit at your age shows you are hardworking, you just need to make better life choices. We have all gone through challenges, the most important thing is learning from your mistakes. It will be silly of you to still keep doing the same thing when you bounce back.

2 Likes

Re: How Come I Am Never Lucky???? by djon78(m): 6:02pm On Jul 10, 2019
Jonscotin:

I didn't give him to hold and sell for me. I gave him to go and show his friend that was in another town to see and buy and I was busy that day cos I would have fone with him. We bargained on the phone and the person agreed to pay the next day. On his way coming back was when the car caught fire.
The people I gave loan to were people that I thought could pay back as at that time and circumstances beyond them made them not to pay back. So am like why am I not lucky when dealing with people? Even people I never expected to fail still fail me

You don't borrow people money, you are not bank. Most people don't pay back when you borrow them.
See making money is not easy, you are meant to. Jealously guard the one you have.
Learn to be very wise with your money. Life has not thought you lesson the hard way that's why you will be dashing people money anyhow.

My brother you have a lot of growing up to do.
Hope you learn your lessons during this ordeal

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

. / New Arrival Of Our Beautiful 3D Wallpaper @2800 per roll / My Dad Moved Away From Home Today. It's Wrong That I Didn't Stop Him?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 90
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.