Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,225 members, 7,836,085 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 08:37 PM

Where To Get Counsel - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Where To Get Counsel (559 Views)

O Lord, I Pray Thee, Turn The Counsel Of Ahithophel Into Foolishness / When You Are Faced With The Wrong Counsel / Bible Counsel Needed for court case (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Where To Get Counsel by OLAADEGBU(m): 10:29am On Oct 11, 2010
Where to Get Counsel
October 11, 2010

"Thou shalt guide me with thy counsel, and afterward receive me to glory" (Psalm 73:24)

One of the marks of these latter days is a great proliferation of counseling needs and services.  Not only have the numbers of professional psychologists and psychiatrists multiplied, but also those of investment counselors, guidance counselors, marriage counselors, and others in great variety.

No doubt all of us need occasional advice from wise counselors, and some--even born-again Christians--may require professional help for serious psychological problems.  Where, then, should one go to get such counsel?

Not to a non-Christian counselor! "Blessed is the man that walketh not in the counsel of the ungodly" (Psalm 1:1).  "Woe to the rebellious children, saith the Lord, that take counsel, but not of me" (Isaiah 30:1).  The tenets of humanism, especially the supposed animal ancestry of mankind, have infected the secular psychological professions more than almost any other, and counsel based on such a foundation can be devastating.

What about Christian counseling?  The best Counselor, of course, is Christ Himself, for He is the "Wonderful, Counsellor" (Isaiah 9:6), and He "worketh all things after the counsel of his own will" (Ephesians 1:11).  Indwelling us is His Holy "Spirit of truth" and Christ has promised that "he will guide [us] into all truth" (John 16:13).  Best of all, we have His inspired Word, which is "perfect, converting [that is, restoring] the soul: . . . sure, making wise the simple. . . . right, rejoicing the heart: . . . pure, enlightening the eyes" (Psalm 19:7-cool.  The true Christian counselor, therefore, must always provide counseling in accordance with Scripture, prayerfully guided by the indwelling Spirit of truth.  In this way, as promised in our text, He will guide us with His counsel throughout our lives, and finally receive us into glory. HMM

For more . . . .
Re: Where To Get Counsel by olangela: 4:11am On Oct 12, 2010
Hello everyone in christ Jesus. i am in real trouble! I have been going through a serious demonic or occult oppression. I used to see people complaining either on tv or newspapers about this. I never knew this would happen to me. Although i had a strange dream a month before this oppression started. This has been over a year and 2 months. I feel like someone or a presence is around me 24/7 so you can imagine the burden i am carrying. i've tried to shut this off by praying but it is still prevalent I feel like dying everyday because i cannot sleep. If it is not horrible dreams, it will be in form daily setbacks and so forth. I have prayed and prayed but i am still going through this. pls pray for me because this is spiritual toture because i am in so much fear. as i am writing this i am crying .pls fellow brethren help me pray. iam alone in this matter. no body or even some pastors do not fully comprehend this issue. My sister is also experiencing this so that is how i know this is real and i am not overreacting. occultism is real for people who are doubting it. I ask my self why would this happen to me. I DO NOT KNOW WHO COULD HAVE WISHED THIS ON ME!! PLEASE PRAY FOR ME I AM AFRAID I MIGHT DIE SERIOUSLY! I ALSO NEED SOMEONE I COULD TALK TO.
Re: Where To Get Counsel by OLAADEGBU(m): 1:46pm On Oct 12, 2010
@olangela,

OLAADEGBU:

Where to Get Counsel
October 11, 2010

"Thou shalt guide me with thy counsel, and afterward receive me to glory" (Psalm 73:24)

What about Christian counseling? The best Counselor, of course, is Christ Himself, for He is the "Wonderful, Counsellor" (Isaiah 9:6), and He "worketh all things after the counsel of his own will" (Ephesians 1:11). Indwelling us is His Holy "Spirit of truth" and Christ has promised that "he will guide [us] into all truth" (John 16:13). Best of all, we have His inspired Word, which is "perfect, converting [that is, restoring] the soul: . . . sure, making wise the simple. . . . right, rejoicing the heart: . . . pure, enlightening the eyes" (Psalm 19:7-cool. The true Christian counselor, therefore, must always provide counseling in accordance with Scripture, prayerfully guided by the indwelling Spirit of truth. In this way, as promised in our text, He will guide us with His counsel throughout our lives, and finally receive us into glory. HMM

For more . . . .

Are you born again? if the answer is yes I will advise you to consult your pastor and if you don't have any then prayerfully seek for a reputable bible believing Christian church for counselling and prayers as you will need to build up the walls of your faith and pray in the Spirit.  But first of all examine yourself whether you are still in the faith, we will be praying along with you.
Re: Where To Get Counsel by olangela: 5:21am On Oct 13, 2010
Thank you very much. God bless you.

(1) (Reply)

Jerusalem At A Glance / Qura'an Says / Eternal Life

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.