Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,314 members, 7,815,576 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 02:44 PM

The Traveller - Literature - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / The Traveller (2417 Views)

The Time Traveller's Secret by Tiffany J (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

The Traveller by Devilpen(m): 8:14pm On Jul 10, 2019
The Traveller

Written by: Olusegun Ayomide Shedrach
www.iuprime..com
(c)2019
PRIME SERIES SO FAR
1. Emi: Legend of the human God
2. Emi: Lineage of Heroes
3. Remi: The greater war
4. The Day he died
5. Amina
6. Leviathan
7. Gods
Please leave a rating over 5. And kindly support Project 00Prime by downloading our mobile app.

INTRODUCTION
Who is God? How does he looks like? Do you still believe he is all supreme? Has anyone proved his existence? How do i serve someone I haven't seen? Looking around me, everyone caught in claws of religion, they fear it more than they fear death.
Let no one call me to serve in his presence, let no one make me think for once, our life is controlled by someone afar, someone who i personally knows does not exist.
Yes! I am an Atheist, yes! I belief I rule my own world.

CHAPTER ONE
All he could hear were faint voices, he knew something was wrong, opening his eyes, everywhere still looked dark, he raised his hands up and felt a sharp pain on it.
"He is awake" a familiar voice said with a tone of happiness beside him
"Praise thy Looooorrrd" Another voice shouted again.
Just then everything began to make sense to him. Last he could rememeber was condemning religion.
He had shunned off an elderly man for telling him God wanted to use him for greater work, failure to compylly could cost him his life. But still what kind of God threatens someone if he is all caring and loving as they claim.
"Can you hear me, Doctor Daniel can you hear me?"
"What happened" Doctor Daniel asked with a cracking voice.
"Its a miracle how you survived, a tanker rammed your car off the bridge, miraculously we found your body by the river shore" the same person replied.
"I cant see"
"We are trying our best, sincerely, you have lost your sight"
Tbc

Re: The Traveller by Devilpen(m): 8:17pm On Jul 10, 2019
please leave a review.... its helps continues the vibe... #teamprime
Re: The Traveller by Devilpen(m): 9:19pm On Jul 10, 2019
-----
Doctor Daniel sat still on the cushion chair in his huge living room, being blind was indeed a curse, he now relied on other sense organs to have an idea of what is going on in his surrounding.
"Ann" he called out, hearing the door open and slowly turned his head towards the direction.
He felt a soft kiss on his fore head and smiled in return.
"How are you doing handsome" Ann asked and sat down near him.
"Good, You know i already start missing your beauty, your smile and all"
"Phew, dont worry, am always around, the company insisted on getting a maid, but dont worry, am here, always available" She said tapped him gentlt on the legs.
"All of a sudden am becoming a burden" he replied and sighed
"Thats why am here, we have to venture into a new business, youve built yourself wealth, maybe its time to sustain that and move on, when life throws lemon at you, well huhuhhnn maybe you can decide to add honey" Ann said and they both busted into laughter.
"Thanks for the support" Daniel replied and moved hus hand about, in search for hers.
For a moment, everything was still, as different thought filled Daniels heart.
"Ohh, am late for bible study" Ann shouted, breaking the silence "Lets get your nicely dressed"
"For what?"
"Well gentleman, you are coming with me"
"No way, no way, you now i wont"
Ann kept mute for a moment then spoke
"Then our love story ends here, Mr Daniel, these is my condition for being with you, follow me to church or we end it here" She said amd patiently waited for Daniel's reply.
"Well, I could go and sleep off, am blind so no one will notice"
---------
Daniel relaxed himself on the plastic chair third row in the church, with Ann sittinf down beside him, coming to church was not in his plan, but since it has happened.
"Young man" the man preaching suddenly called out looking at Daniel where he sat, one after the other, all eyes fell on Daniel, who wasnt aware of what was happening.
"He cant see sir" Ann replied in defense.
"Because he threw away God's instruction, but as loving as our Jehova is, he still wants to make use of him, if he is willing or not" The preacher shouted.
Daniel only had a smile on his face, only if the so called God knew how determined his heart was.
"His calling, isnt to heal the sick or anything else, its to protect the weak, even i myself dont fully understand"
--------
"Goodnight" Ann greeted and rolled herself up inside the blanket, then placed her hand on Daniel's stomach.
"Night" Daniel replied and swallowed softly and again, slowly he drifted to sleep.
He felt a cold hand tap him, so cold, he had to mutter random words and turn anotjer direction on the bed.The tap came again this time a bit harder.
Daniel felt two fingers lay on his eyes and felt something fell of from them, sitting right at the last edge of his bed, was a verh shiny figure, that illuminated so brightly, he had to dim his eyes.
"So strong hearted and determined" the image spoke.
Daniel for a moment was static and slowly he found the strength to talk.
"Who are you?"
"The one you despise so much, do my will and find peace, take up this mantle and protect the weak"
Suddenly the image was gone, returning the room to its former state. Daniel discovered he could see.
"How possible" he muttered and gently got off from his bed, trying as much as possible not to wake Ann.
He walked towards the standing mirror, only to discover more shock. His eyes were closed like he was still blind, while he could see clearly, he used his palm to cover his face and yet he could still see, using his pyjamas to cover his face he could still see. He turned around to return to the bed and suddenly lost balance falling hard to the ground.
Ann quickly jumped off the bed, and felt relaxed seeing Daniel on the ground, straining.
"Ooo yee blind, why do thou thread at night" She said mockingly and helped him to his feet.

CHAPTER TWO
Tbc
Re: The Traveller by skubido(m): 11:23pm On Jul 10, 2019
Following
Re: The Traveller by Smithwilliams826: 6:17am On Jul 11, 2019
Perfecty
Re: The Traveller by Hardes(m): 8:11am On Jul 11, 2019
following
Re: The Traveller by germaphobe(m): 4:29pm On Jul 11, 2019
seems like we're in for a long journey
Re: The Traveller by Devilpen(m): 9:56pm On Jul 11, 2019
CHAPTER TWO
Daniel tapped Ann on the laps while he sat himself upright, she grumbled and turned around, covering herself with the wrapper.
"Its morning already, and you're late for work" he said and slowly turned his head around.
"Jeeez" Ann shouted and jumped out of the bed, without thinking twice, she dropped her pyjamas off her body and dashed into the bath room. Moments later she hurried out and began dressing up.
"God, how are you going to eat?" She questioned and quickly applied body lotion on her body.
Daniel squeezed his face in disgust and turned his head another direction away from the view before him.
"Why such face, am naked and am glad you cant see me" She said teasing Daniel, and lastly wore her red blouse.
"Let me quickly get you tea"
"Darling, get going to work, I'll sort myself, i know this house bettee than you" Daniel replied .
"I'll call Queen to come around as soon as possible" She said and grabbedbher bag, brought out her car key and bolted out.
Danile quickly jumped to his feet band dashed to the kitchen, looking through the cupboards deciding what to eat, he felt someone touch him from behind.
Swiftly turning around, he saw the image from last night behind him.
"Jeez, I know you exist already, let me be" Daniel said and stepped back.
The bright image stood for a while, then paced around for a while, Daniel's eyes also moving with it.
"I'm your guidian angel, at least till you can personally handle the threat that is roaming this world" The image said and slowly the light dim, revealing a young boy around the age of 17
"A boy" Daniel muttered and grabbed a noodles from the top of the cupboard and turned on the gas.
"Do you have a name?"
"No, you'll have to name me" The boy said and placed a pot on the burning gas.
"Thank you, so what threat is so big, that the so called Prime cannot stop" Daniel asked and squeezed the noodles into the pot as the boy poured water into it.
"Time"
Daniel paused and faced the boy and scoffed
"I know all this is still a dream and I'll play along till I wake up" Daniel said and covered the pot.
"Hey, am serious, I know you've heard the rumors about Leviathan, a secret group of super humans, working as machineries for those who can afford them and silently controlling the affairs of this country" The boy said and leaned on the kitchen cabinet.
"Just rumors"
"TThey are real, people with powers are real, people like you"
Daniel scoffed and leaned also on the kitchen cabinet.
"This is not power, just one wierd dream, am blind yet can still see even through a blindfold" Daniel replied.
The boy placed a thin long rod on Daniel's and turned off the gas
"Follow me"

CHAPTER THREE
Tbc
Re: The Traveller by germaphobe(m): 12:33pm On Jul 12, 2019
i knew everything would still connect to the other series. Can't wait for team daniel, rami and oga boss
Re: The Traveller by Devilpen(m): 10:10pm On Jul 12, 2019
CHAPTER THREE
Daniel followed behind the boy, using the rod on his hand to trail like a blind man would do, so as not to create unwanted attention.
"We are almost there"
He heard the voice in his head and halted. The boy only smiled and used his head to signal to Daniel.
He took a right bend into a lonely part of the street and came in contact with a dead end.
"Dead end" Daniel said smiled with a silly look on his face.
"There is never a dead end for a traveller" the boy replied and ran across the wall, and leaped over the fence to the other part.
Daniel clinched tight to his chest and gasped softly
He stood still for a moment and wondered how his life was taking a drastic change. He heard a mockery giggling in his head and scoffed, looking at the fence, the same way the boy ran across it he did same and leaped over the fence, falling hard on his side.
"Good job"
Daniel rises to his feet and bent down beside the boy, who lifted the sewage cover and descended down into it.
"What's here?" Daniel asked holding, walking with care.
"You have to see it yourself" The boy replied and leaned on the wall, walking against iit, then stopped and peeped ahead.
Quickly entering into another part and finding themselves a place to his, the boy smiled at Daniel who had a very odd look on his face.
The place suddenly became bright, as a portal popped out, spilling two humans out from it.
"Shiiiiiiiitt" Daniel muttered and look at the boy, who was busy folding and opening his palms.
"We have to return to headquater, the sand was barely enough to send us through" a feminine voice said and and groaned.
"What about the traveller, do you know if they have any intel on him?" A masculine voice spoke this time again.
"We are here" The boy said and came out of hiding
The man and the lady paused having a long look on their face.
"You mean a blind man" the lady asked and grinned .
The boy smiled and stretched out his hand, and a staff flowed out on it, having a shiny green stone hanging by itself and carved on the top tip of the staff.
Daniel quickly brought out his handkerchief and covered his face.
The boy dashed towards his opponent, and used the staff to spring himself up, with ease he kicked the lady on the jaw and fired a shot at her out from the staff, turning her immediately into dust.
The man didn't attempt to fight back and quickly took to his heels. The boy positioned the staff in a straight line with his right eye and squinted and fired a shot and the man, also turning him into dust.
"Phew"
"Wow, that's awkward" Daniel said with joy in his voice and spanked the boy on the back.
"The work of a traveller isnt one to be take with levity, these guys go back in time to make things favour them, am the only reason Remi is still alive"
"Yeah, sure, with great power comes great responsibility and who is Remi?"
"Never mind, do you fully accept to be a traveller" The boy asked with a stern look on his face.
"If it will put me out of my misery, I accept"
-
CHAPTER FOUR
TBC
Re: The Traveller by Devilpen(m): 10:16pm On Jul 12, 2019
mondaypemisire Bobosneh horlahprayer emperorblog21 collinometricx mustee50 bizza45 germaphobe Altruistic Hardes tunjilee003 Afz9095 classicdea daddio LightQueen Temmmitope Mielekcezylil adetkid skubido donielord Evold
Re: The Traveller by Devilpen(m): 10:17pm On Jul 12, 2019
Doctorexcel Joyicy ausyn Smithwilliams826
Re: The Traveller by Devilpen(m): 10:18pm On Jul 12, 2019
another one e yaff start o
Re: The Traveller by mondaypemisire(m): 2:36am On Jul 13, 2019
Devilpen:

mondaypemisire Bobosneh horlahprayer emperorblog21 collinometricx mustee50 bizza45 germaphobe Altruistic Hardes tunjilee003 Afz9095 classicdea daddio LightQueen Temmmitope Mielekcezylil adetkid skubido donielord Evold

Present
Re: The Traveller by Smithwilliams826: 7:03pm On Jul 13, 2019
Where are the popcorns?
Re: The Traveller by germaphobe(m): 7:53pm On Jul 13, 2019
Mr traveller
Re: The Traveller by Devilpen(m): 9:26pm On Jul 13, 2019
CHAPTER FOUR

Daniel sat down on the chair, watching as Ann moved from one end of the living room to another, having a brown file on her hand, with some papers on it and also she chewed the bottom of her Biro.
"She's beautiful" Daniel heard the voice in his head looked beside him, and saw the boy beside him.
He looked back at Ann and had a smile on his face and then looked at the wall clock.
"Its late already this twenty minutes to nine" Daniel said and continued smiling.
Ann sighed and looked also at the wall clock.
"I thought you were blind" She said and placed the documents on the center table and bent forward to kiss him.
"Well am not totally blind" He said still smiling.
Jane scoffed and raised two fingers in the air.
"How many is this?" She asked knowning fully well he was blind.
"Two, its nice you still have our engagement ring with you" Daniel replied and smiled more.
Ann expression changed and stood upright and shook her head slightly.
"Okay this is weird"
"Actually it isn't" the boy replied , revealing himself where he sat beside Daniel.
--------
Daniel gently laid Ann on the bed and fanned her before facing the boy.
"You asked me to tell her" Daniel shouted and pushed the boy on his chest.
The boy only stood motionless, with annoyance in his heart.
"Do you know what would have happened if she found out you were hiding something from her" He replied and turned towards the door.
The room went silent for a while, both of them were out of words on what to say. The boy stretched his hands and made his staff appear. He pointed it towards Ann and made the staff glow
"Hey what are you doing" Daniel asked and stood in between.
"Get out of the way, I want to erase the memory she has about it" he replied and poked Daniel on the stomach.
"No, its alright, all she needs is explanation" Daniel replied and pushed the staff away.
Ann yarned and stretched her body, and wriggled on the bed and suddenly jumped off the bed.
She looked at Daniel confused and then at the boy holding the staff in his hands.
"Does that glow normally" She said and pointed at the staff
The boy looked at it and then to Daniel, we have to go, someone is back in the past" He said and banged the bottom of the staff on the ground and suddenly and portal opened up, before the door.
"Come on" the boy said and ran towards the portal.
Daniel smirked and gave Ann a quick peck on the right cheek and ran towards the portal.
"I'll explain when we arrive" he said and jumped into the portal after the boy.
Ann sat still on the bed, staring at the portal and as the portal disappered , She slumped on her bed.
-----
"Hey, I rrememeber accident, why are we seeing it again" Daniel asked, as they came out of the bush from where the portal had opened up and walked towards the high way.
"Cause we are in the past" the boy replied and flagged down a cab.
After negotiation, they entered into the ccab and continued their conversation.
"The big challenge is finding who out time traveller is" the boy said and adjusted himself.
"We have more than ten million people in this country alone, how do you find just one person" Daniel replied and looked out from the cab "we are in 2012" he said again and smiled.
The cab driver looked at the rear mirror, looking at then as they spoke, hfeeling uncomfortable, he switched on his FM tuner and tuned to a musical station and increased the volume.
Listening to the music, Daniel smiled and nodded his head to the vibe of the music and relaxed feeling satisfied by the music.
The boy tapped him hard on the leg, drawing him back to reality.
"What?"
"This music, from the future was composed by OLAMIDE this is not his voice"
Daniel paused and paid more attention to the music, and opened his mouth widely in surprise.
"Stop us here, we've found out musical thief" The boy said and opened the door before the car could completely come to an halt.
The boy brought out his phone and pressed it furiously
"Damn, even 4g isn't available in this era"
Daniel tapped the boy on the shoulder and pointed to a bill banner across the road.
"There, he is having a concert in .... Well Bleep, even Olamide had same concert in the same hall"
"how come a doctor knows so much" the boy asked and flagged down another cab.
"Well, this is Nigeria"
--------
Forcing their way through the crowd, Daniel and the boy made sure they had a clear view of their target.
"The back stage" Daniel said and pulled the boy by the arm through the cloud
Right before them stood two huge bouncers , blocking their way from reaching their target. The boy, without thinking twice, quickly formed a knuckle and launched a blow at the jaw of the bouncer before him, sending him distance away, making him crash against the pile of speakers.
The second bouncer, saw his colleague in a bad shape and attempted a punch at daniel who quickly formed a fist and blew him hard on the stomach, making the body guard stagger threw steps backward. He quickly rushed at the bouncer and scrapped him off his feet and made him slump to the ground and immediate he went unconscious.
"Impressive"
They heard footsteps and saw their target running off, and quickly he got into his car and zoomed off.
"What next?"
The boy made the staff appear and made a portal, at the previous position of the car before it zoomed off, out of the portal, the car came out and halted some meters away from them.
All four doors suddenly flew off, and slowly the person in it alighted.
"How did you get into the past?" The boy asked and pointed his staff forward.
"I thought it was all lies, when I heard the traveller now has a pet" the man said and pulled off the golden necklace around his neck and the rrings on his finger to the ground
The boy ggrinned and pointed his staff as it began forming white shiny ball at the tip, he fired the first shot at his target, who quickly dodged it.
He fired another again and suddenly his staff flew off from his hand, Daniel suddenly felt a force throw him away, and also the boy in another direction.
The man flexed his muscle and in a blink he appeared before the boy and held him up by the neck.
Daniel felt something rise in him and he stood up , stretching his hand forward, a golden staff appeared on his hand, carved in between a golden stone, it shined brightly and WHAAAMMMP Daniel shot at the man and instantly he turned into dust.
"Are you okay?" He asked and ran towards the boy, kneeling beside him.
"Yea, just get us home".
-------
-------
Ann still glued to the bed, saw a shiny light before her and it became wide, as Daniel came out from it, supporting the boy with one arm and his staff on the other. He looked up and saw Ann shivering where she sat.
"Hey, I need your help please" He said and threw his staff at Ann.
He laid the boy on the bed and smiled at Ann, who Stoll wondered how he could see, while his eyes were closed
"Lets talk about it over dinner" Daniel said and held Ann by the arm.

CHAPTER FIVE
TBC
Re: The Traveller by Hardes(m): 3:31am On Jul 14, 2019
thanks for the mention.Am so loving this story
Re: The Traveller by Devilpen(m): 12:50pm On Jul 14, 2019
CHAPTER FIVE
"....for thy rod and thy staff, tthey confort me, thou prepare a table before me in the presence of my enemy....... Surely goodness and mercy.......and I shall dwell in the house of thy lord forever. Amen"
Daniel kept mute, patiently waiting for Ann and the boy to read all their Psalms. He sighed relief after Ann shared the grace and they all rises to their feet.
"Good night" the boy said and faded into thine air.
-----
Daniel shruddered and rolled uncomfortably on the bed, he muttered inaudible words and suddenly screamed from his sleep. Ann quickly jumped off the bed and quickly switched on the light, only to see Daniel arm all bruised and his face looking weary.
"Hey, hey look at me" Ann said trying to can him down and placed her pamls on his face making him look straight at her.
The door lock suddenly came off to the ground, sending fear down Ann's spine, she felt relieved after seeing it was the boy that came in.
"Time Karma" he said and knelt down before Daniel who was stiffed to one position.
"Christ, things are really going odd" She said and stood up.
A loud crash suddenly came from the living room, drawing everyone's attention. Ann stood still to one position and had a puzzled look on her face and then directed it to the boy.
"I don't know what it is" he replied and kept silent.
They all heard loud footstep approaching the room, with scary low voices, gradually it got louder and scarier. Ann quickly dashed at the door and banged it and quickly turned the key and ran back again standing next to the boy.
"What's happening?" She asked the boy and watched as Daniel tried to stand to his feet.
"Stay there" the boy said and his staff appeared on his left hand.
"What's wrong" Daniel asked and felt a slight headache on his head.
"Let's start from what you saw in your dream" The boy replied and faced Daniel.
The approaching footstep ceased , adding a bit of relief to their mind.
"I saw myself among many doors and started hearing your voice in my head asking me to open on of the door" Daniel replied and stopped.

"How many did you open?" The boy asked with a puzzled look.
A loud bang came at the door, rrepeatedly. Ann suddenly gave a loud scream, making both Daniel and the boy close their ears with their hands.
"Hey enough" Daniel shouted and covered her mouth with his palm.
"How many did you open?" The boy asked again.
"Seven"
"God in heaven, I still had three time karma to lock up and you opened seven doors" the boy barked at Daniel angrily.
"Hey, nobody told me anything about it, I tried fighting them off, I never knew an attack in the dream could reflect in reality" Daniel shouted back in response.
The boy only looked at him and made a portal before them
"Everyone get in" he said and entered first.
Daniel led Ann forward and expected her to walk in.
"No, I don't know where that leads to" She said and staggered as another heavy bang came at the door.
"Ann trust me, get in"
The boy rushed back out from the portal, with a angry look on his face.
"This portal doesn't flow on it's own. Its draining my energy" he said and walked back in.
The bang came at the door again , sending a bolt to the ground and partially moved it out from it's frame.
"One more bang that door will come open" Daniel said and pushed Ann hard into the portal.
The door suddenly flunged open before the portal.
fear suddenly hooked Daniel, seeing the monster before him, the time karma was like a solid dark smoke with an axe over its shoulder, red burning eyes, the shape of a demon, it approached Daniel slowly, raising its axe up.
Daniel felt himself pulled into the portal, right about the time the time karma sent its axe swaying his direction and immediately the portal closed.
TBC
Re: The Traveller by Hardes(m): 6:14pm On Jul 14, 2019
thanks for the update
Re: The Traveller by Devilpen(m): 7:33pm On Jul 14, 2019
Time: 10:17am.
A police van drove into the city morgue, and stopped at the parking lot, a well built man, not too dark in complexion, alighted from the driver's seat and another man from the other side.
"This is strange" the man that drove the car said, seeing more than a hundred lifeless body laying on the ground, and more bodies were brought in.
"Detective Makinde" a man wearing a white lab coat shouted from afar and ran up to meet them.
"Doctor Jude, good morning" Detective Makinde replied and stretched his hand forward for an handshake
"Morning" he replied and shakes hands with Detective Makinde's partner.
"Any thing suspected to be the cause of death" Detective asked and placed his hand on his chin
"Follow me" Doctor Jude replied and led the way forward.
"Here" he said and bent down to uncover the body that laid lifeless on the ground "An aaxe to the chest" he said and pointed to the huge hole on the chest of the body.
"Any witness" Detective Makinde's partner asked .
"Yes, you should see her yourself".
-------
Daniel and Ann followed weakly on the street behind the boy, who also struggled to continue.
"Hey, where exactly are we headed?" Daniel asked and turned the boy towards him by the shoulder.
"This things is clearly bigger than the both of us, the only help I can think of is Remi" the boy replied and continued to walk " Its just around about some ten blocks away"
"Time Karma are only active at night, in three night only they can wipe out and entire city"
-----
Daniel pushed the door opened and made himself comfortable on the reception chair, followed by Ann, while the boy stood and looked around, the busy environment as everyone paid attention to their teakwando training.
"Hey please excuse me" the boy said drawing a little girls attention to him. "Please show me the person in charge" he said and smiled at her.
"You can only see him, if you defeat our best fighter"
Daniel stood up angrily and bent down towards the girl.
"How old are you, ten I guess, do you want to die young. No. Look over there" Daniel said and pointed to the television "you'll end up dead if you don't tell us where Remi is".
"Am right here" a voice said, drawing their attention to the man.
"Is that him?" Daniel turned to ask The boy.
"That's Prime, keep that a secret"
-----
Detective Makinde entered into the doctor's office and sat down directly facing the lady he concluded to be the witness.
"Hello" he greeted and gently took his seat.
"Scary demons with axe on their hands, they moved so fast, only the light kept them off, they are scared of the light"
Detective Makinde risee and walked towards exit
"They killed all my family in one night" the lady said. Her eyes all swollen.
Detective Makinde without saying any word, turned his head to look at her and walked out of the room
------

TBC
Re: The Traveller by doctorexcel: 8:18pm On Jul 14, 2019
Thanks for the updates
Re: The Traveller by Arhyohme(m): 9:20pm On Jul 14, 2019
Nice
Re: The Traveller by Bobosneh: 3:30am On Jul 15, 2019
time karma Vs leviathan Vs remi. this is just better and better can't wait for the fight
Re: The Traveller by Devilpen(m): 7:52pm On Jul 15, 2019
CHAPTER SIX
"I never thought Leviathan could be this smart, time travelling" Remi said and looked at the boy. "How many times have you saved my life"
"Uncountable, but that's not the issue now. Please we need your help in stopping the time Karma or else thousand more will die" The boy said and directed a stern look at Remi.
"How do we stop it" Remi asked and sat on the table
Ann yawned out loudly and relaxed her head on Daniel's shoulder, rolling her eyes to and fro.
"When we open the portal to their timeline, they will come and all we have to do is push them in" the boy said and relaxed his back on the chair.
"Easier said than done" Remi said and smiled.
Remi placed his hand in his pocket and brought out his vibrating phone and placed it on his ear.
"Girlfriend..... How was the trip... To or...you should have just flown back.... Yea.. The issue over here is more that me.. But don't worry... i can handle it
.. Okay bye.. Love you... Extend my greetings to Emeka" Remi said and hanged up the call.
"Let's get started we can't afford to wait any llonger".
--------
Dectective Makinde, walked into his living room, feeling uncomfortable, he ran towards kitchen and dashed out again. Then ran upstairs and then back again.
"Aminaaaa" he shouted at the top of his voice and switched off the television.
"Aminaaaaaaaa" he called out again this time without ease.
"God am done for, I should have stayed home the previous night" he lamented and sank himself on the chair.
He jumped to his feet startled at the extremely cold breeze tha came at his feet and pulled out his gun.
"Dont shoot oo" a fragile female voice said and a mirage of a human walked out from the wall and turned into a real human form.
"Just trying to get used to my powers" The girl said and smiled at Detective Makinde.
"You scared the hell out of me, careful the way ypu use your powers" he said and hugged her tightly.
"Did anything strange happened yesterday night while i was gone?" He asked and placed his jand on her shoulder while kneeling down.
"Not to strange, a demon with axe, while they couldnt get past the ice queen" Amina said and shaked her hands lightly, making ice fall from it to the ground.
"Come you are coming along with me, till everything is solved you follow me where i go, gather what you need"
------
TBC
Re: The Traveller by Smithwilliams826: 8:29pm On Jul 15, 2019
Continuation of AMINA.
Re: The Traveller by Devilpen(m): 9:34pm On Jul 15, 2019
------
Remi landed immediately Daniel and The boy came out of the portal, facing the sea. It was the best location they could think of to lure danger or any negative impact away from the city.
Remi stood behind them with his customs cape, moving rhythmically to the flow of the sea wind. The green dragon emblem on his chest glowed at the slightest ray of sun light that shined on it.
"What next?" Daniel asked and looked at the boy curiously.
"You brought them here, youve done enough" the boy replied and strecthed his hands forward, making his staff appear and pointed it at the sea.
The cloud gradually started to go dark, and slowly everywhere started to become dark, thunder bolt strucked from one part of the sky to the other repeatedly.
"What are you doing?" Remi asked and stepped forward.
"Calling them out, they are only active in the dark" The boy replied and held firm to his staff that almost flew off his grip.
A blue ball shot out from the staff and expanded revealing inside a dark environment, with white glowing doors that was probably uncountable.
A loud demonic noise, came from insie the portal, the boy turned his back at the portal and smiled.
"They are coming" he said and almost immediately seven white ball shot out from the sky and one dived very fast at them.
Remi turned around and quickly used his hands to shield against the impact of the white ball. The force made him slide backward, right at the mouth of the portal. Another came again and quickly Remi flew into the air, and right inside the portal the white ball went and then into one of the numerous door.
"One down, six more to go" the boy said and shot a blue ball out from his staff into the sky.
The white balls suspended in the air and transformed into their demonic counterpart with axe on their hands.
A demon dived at Daniel holding tight to its axe, with one swift swing, it launched its axe at Daniel who quickly jumped out of the path and rolled on the sand. He rolled again, luckily dodging another swift blow.
"Summoun your staff" the boy shouted and shot a blue bal at the demon that approached him.
Daniel quickly strecthed out his hands and strained hard as his staff slowly faded into his hands. The demon again came at him with its axe raised in the air, this time it waa too late for Daniel to make any move, he only raised his hands above his head.
Remi with speed of light flew at the demon and knocked it off with one heavy punch before it could lay its axe on Daniel and at the same moment he shot thunder out from his hand at the demon, which dispersed and reformed again in the sky.
"They wont die" Remi shouted and flew towards the boy, kicking the demon that he fought with away.
"If we can get them inside the portal like the first one" the boy replied.
Remi looked at the demons roaming about in the sky and then back at the boy.
"They know what we are up to, they wont attack" Remi said.
Daniel strained hard and finally got out his staff, he smiled, feeling prpud of himself, he looked at the demons roaming in the sky and pointed his staff at them. He squinted his eyes and shot out a yellow ball out from his staff.
A large hole formed in the sky, expanding from the yellow shot, and out of it came a police van.
"Christ" the boy shouted at Daniel.
Remi with great speed dived under the car before it could make contact with the ground and caught it. He sighed relief and gently dropped the car.
Detective Makinde, slowy opened the door, pointing his gun in defense at Remi.
"Your hands in the air" Detective Makinde shouted and cocked his gun.
A demon snarled in the sky and great force it swinged it axe straight at the Detective. The axe suddenly frozed right before the detective fore head and turned into ice and shattered into piece.
All eyes immediately fell on Amina, who strecthed out her hands and bending on one knee, with starined look on her face
"Something that can kill them" Remi said and flew towards Amina. "Whats your name?"
"Dont bother, what are those things" Detective Makinde asked and fired two shot into the air.
"Time Karma, we have to force them to return into the portal" the boy said and fell to the ground, with blood oozing out from his nose and th portal died down and opened widely again.
"He is getting drained" Daniel shouted and helped him to his feet.
"There was a simple solution" the boy said and spitted blood out from his mouth. "I am the one they really want, repercussion of too much time travelling, i was only doing mh job" he said and stood in front of the portal.
"What do you mean?" Daniel asked with a puzzled look on his face.
"Remi, you can never stop Leviathan, i have been to the future" the boy said and more blood came from his mouth.
The boy held his staff up in the air and with one great strike he broke it into two against his leg.
The demons dived with full force at him, Remi before he could do anything, a demon gave him a punch on the jaw, sending him distance away. A force also threw daniel off and Amina also, while Detective Makinde sustained a head cut as he crashed against the van.
The boy with great force was pulled inside the portal which closed immediately the last demon entered and immediately the sky became clear.
"No" Daniel muttered and ran where the portal was bbefore it closed and began digging the sand, while he wept hard.
"He is gone" Remi said and flew towards the detective and helped him to his feet.
Daniel weakly stoodup and looked at Remi and then at the detective, with his face all swollen and red.
"Hope your eyes are good" Detective Makinde asked, noticing Daniels eyes looked blind.
"I can see" Daniel replied rudely and opened a portal which lead directly into his room.
CHAPTER SEVEN.
TBC

1 Like 1 Share

Re: The Traveller by xaviercasmir(m): 1:32am On Jul 16, 2019
Nice one bro. Thumbs up
Re: The Traveller by Devilpen(m): 11:04am On Jul 16, 2019
CHAPTER SEVEN.
Daniel used the edge of his shirt to clean his dark eye glasses and put it on and entered into his car and ignited, His phone vibrated from the dash board where hr kept it and retrieved it, slowly bringing it to his ear.
"Hello....yes am home"
--------
"Your house looks empty" Detective Makinde said and smiled at Daniel.
"Am changing location, a moving put of this city" Daniel replied and waved his hand at Amina who made herself comfortable on the chair

"Why are you here?"
Detective MMakinde smiled and stood right before Daniel and spoke.
"Am here to see how you are coping, you now how the case of suicide and depression is in the country. Am saving a friend" Detective replied.
"Thank you, but why are you here?" Daniel asked again
'I need your help, I still have an unsolved issue about the death of my wife and you are the only one i can turn to since yoi can go back to the past and see how things went" Detective Makinde said, hoping for a favourable answer.
"You are a detective, solving cases is yoir speciality, you and your corrupt officers should sort it out" Daniel replied and turned around to take his leave
"Hey. You have to help me, her killer is still out there roaming free, Mallam Yisa escaped justice, and am sure he still operate silently. The only link I have is with the Leviathan group shielding him"
Daniel halted and turned around
"I am done with all these, look for Prime and make him help you, from what I heard, he knows Leviathan better and how they operate and done with this" Daniel said and walked out of the room and entered into his car and drove out.
-----

TBC
Re: The Traveller by germaphobe(m): 12:16pm On Jul 16, 2019
nigerian fictional avengers
Re: The Traveller by Devilpen(m): 12:20pm On Jul 16, 2019
germaphobe:
nigerian fictional avengers
yeee my ribs o smiley lwkm
Re: The Traveller by Hardes(m): 5:58pm On Jul 16, 2019
thanks for the updates

(1) (2) (Reply)

The End Is Only The End( Completed) Short story / My Secret Angel / Coincidence

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 133
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.