Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,834 members, 7,828,052 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 10:48 PM

FG Begins Animal Census And Identification - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / FG Begins Animal Census And Identification (19644 Views)

Federal Government Begins Animal Census, Identification / Buhari's Administration Begins Animal Census And Identification / $322m Abacha Loot: FG Begins Cash Transfer To Poor Homes.. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: FG Begins Animal Census And Identification by countryman13: 6:05am On Jul 11, 2019
Otuegbe:
truely this our presido value cow more than the citizens,

assuming cows feed on flesh, he can slaughter humans and feed them to the cows.

I concur
Re: FG Begins Animal Census And Identification by densiks: 6:05am On Jul 11, 2019
Food don land for the boys.

Zero vision,no national priority if this is true.

1 Like

Re: FG Begins Animal Census And Identification by ogb5(m): 6:06am On Jul 11, 2019
This is sad. Placing cows as priority instead of humans
Re: FG Begins Animal Census And Identification by LOVEGINO(m): 6:07am On Jul 11, 2019
Aye me ooooo. We re truly finish! "It is finish"
Re: FG Begins Animal Census And Identification by millhouse: 6:07am On Jul 11, 2019
Telkart19:
The first 8 COMMENTS are being made by people who don't seem to read the article.

One thing that causes violence between Fulanis and farmers is that Fulanis often claim their cows were stolen or eaten.

With the census, not only would we know the ACTUAL number of cows in this country, but possibly be able to trace every cow that enters in this country. This would not only reduce rustling, but also prevent cows from being stolen, and also ensure speedy prosecution of cattle rustlers.

And end violence in many parts of the country, and importantly end the whole crisis.

I don't support Fulani violence, or APC, or Buhari. I just like a good idea when I see one.

Also there is this

In other words, there is also a planning component to it.

Thing is, time we started planning our agricultural practice in this country.

N.B: If you quote me to insult me, I will report you to the moderators. No excuses.
am not getting you on this ... let’s assume they go ahead with their counting and get XYZ figures ,so are they going to be counting the cows every week to ascertain if new breeds of cows have infiltrated or what ??

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: FG Begins Animal Census And Identification by Mayor88(m): 6:09am On Jul 11, 2019
From failed Ruga settlement plan to animals census, what a misplaced priority by PMB administration. Which way Nigeria??

1 Like 1 Share

Re: FG Begins Animal Census And Identification by Nobody: 6:15am On Jul 11, 2019
millhouse:
am not getting you on this ... let’s assume they go ahead with their counting and get XYZ figures ,so are they going to be counting the cows every week to ascertain if new breeds of cows have infiltrated or what ??

As the article said...they want to use the census to help in developing polices around cattle farming...so that they would be able to see how many cattle there are in the country, and plan accordingly for eg feeding.

Countries like India, Pakistan and Uganda (Uganda has several tribes that herd cattle) have conducted suich censuses. Also several European countries have done same.

More info on methodology here
:
Re: FG Begins Animal Census And Identification by Nobody: 6:20am On Jul 11, 2019
This is shameful, why make cow a national issue...we can live without eating cow meat, we have a lot of more important issues to deal with.

Cow meat is bad for health, Nigerians should stop eating cow meat. Goat, chicken, pig are all better than cow meat.

1 Like

Re: FG Begins Animal Census And Identification by fasho01(m): 6:23am On Jul 11, 2019
Saw this on print media and thought it was a joke.. I'm beginning to see reason with the line of thought of those who call this country a zoo

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: FG Begins Animal Census And Identification by Livefreeordieha(m): 6:24am On Jul 11, 2019
Racoon:

https://tribuneonlineng.com/224888/
ahahahahaa atleast the BBQ guy can defend himself Now against those accusing him of using vulture meat... APC is working for animals and low budget moronssssss.. I said low budget because the moronssssss supporting dis government are rare breeds...

1 Like 1 Share

Re: FG Begins Animal Census And Identification by Okuda(m): 6:25am On Jul 11, 2019
Telkart19:
The first 8 COMMENTS are being made by people who don't seem to read the article.

One thing that causes violence between Fulanis and farmers is that Fulanis often claim their cows were stolen or eaten.

With the census, not only would we know the ACTUAL number of cows in this country, but possibly be able to trace every cow that enters in this country. This would not only reduce rustling, but also prevent cows from being stolen, and also ensure speedy prosecution of cattle rustlers.

And end violence in many parts of the country, and importantly end the whole crisis.

I don't support Fulani violence, or APC, or Buhari. I just like a good idea when I see one.

Also there is this

N.B: If you quote me to insult me, I will report you to the moderators. No excuses.

if they read or not, this is a dead on arrival project. Animals are not that important for us to have a census on them!

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: FG Begins Animal Census And Identification by Bondinus(m): 6:26am On Jul 11, 2019
Telkart19:

The animal census is to prevent cattle rustling...which is a major bone of contention between Fulani herdsmen and farmers...

If it reduces violence, it is a good idea.

Listen to yourself, imagine the amount of money to be spent while this is carried out and if one should die, will there be a death certificate. I have seen some Fulanis move with rams too, hope they will count that , including pigs that some farmers lose, hope it will be counted

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: FG Begins Animal Census And Identification by Kay25(m): 6:26am On Jul 11, 2019
Under buhari Nigeria should be renamed as cowgerian...

1 Like

Re: FG Begins Animal Census And Identification by 1stbest(m): 6:28am On Jul 11, 2019
Lol, Cow Census,
This country self.
Re: FG Begins Animal Census And Identification by Unluckrees(m): 6:28am On Jul 11, 2019
If the Animals are more than Human beings in the country, then we'll have to leave the country for the Animals.

2 Likes

Re: FG Begins Animal Census And Identification by fm7070: 6:29am On Jul 11, 2019
Since they are jobless, they should come and count the fishes in my ponds.
Re: FG Begins Animal Census And Identification by Skmoda360(m): 6:30am On Jul 11, 2019
Racoon:
Abeg who did Nigeria offend with its present crop of leaders?
I have never see this kind of leaders before....so clueless and useless. They have nothing to offer apart from trash and bullshit.

2 Likes

Re: FG Begins Animal Census And Identification by vicmac09(m): 6:30am On Jul 11, 2019
Counting of cows would automatically stop cattle rustling? How? Did the herders complain about not knowing the numbers of cows in their stead?
Don't know why these government are only innovative when it comes to animals issues especially cows, if they channel the same energy towards human development. Things would have changed.
Disappointed to say the least.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: FG Begins Animal Census And Identification by Nobody: 6:31am On Jul 11, 2019
Govt of the animals lol
Re: FG Begins Animal Census And Identification by Tipster07: 6:32am On Jul 11, 2019
We give loans to Businesses and people that stay around lekki, vi, Ajah, lekki, jakande, Awoyaya , lakowe eleko we can give you upto (40m) in 3 working days kindly Check my signature for further enqiry
Re: FG Begins Animal Census And Identification by BoboKush(m): 6:35am On Jul 11, 2019
Telkart19:

Also there is this

Does this make sense to u?

4 Likes

Re: FG Begins Animal Census And Identification by Nobody: 6:43am On Jul 11, 2019
Otuegbe:
truely this our presido value cow more than the citizens,

assuming cows feed on flesh, he can slaughter humans and feed them to the cows.

i dnt see anything bad with the idea. He is trying tn prevent the loss of human lives thats all. Take a look at the statement without sentiment and prejudice. Since the killings are believed to be done as a result farmer and herders clashes and banditry they need to find the surest means to solve it before it gets out of hand. ruga wasnt a smart idea in a country like nigeria.
Re: FG Begins Animal Census And Identification by Nobody: 6:44am On Jul 11, 2019
Kai... finally we are there. Buhari what won't be you tell us. Don't worry.... 4 years is by the corner.

Re: FG Begins Animal Census And Identification by NewsMuncher: 6:45am On Jul 11, 2019
Kuku kee me grin cheesy
Re: FG Begins Animal Census And Identification by eddieguru(m): 6:46am On Jul 11, 2019
The zoo
Re: FG Begins Animal Census And Identification by 300wayne: 6:50am On Jul 11, 2019
U would have made ur input without mentioning the first 8 comments i think you know how to read articles but don't seem to understand sensitivity in them if among everything that is wrong in this country na cow census we need den u n the inventors of the project no get sense..... U can report me to the tribunal if u like
Telkart19:

Also there is this

1 Like

Re: FG Begins Animal Census And Identification by skukimania(f): 6:52am On Jul 11, 2019
I don't care about Buhari's love for animal. But is cow the only animal we have in Nigeria? He is not making things easy for people that voted him the second time. Abi how will they defend this now?

1 Like

Re: FG Begins Animal Census And Identification by Nobody: 6:52am On Jul 11, 2019
though, I voted the nomad in 2015,
I retraced my steps when I discovered that the satanic /redundant coupist ain't got nothing tangible to offer!

this damn shithole urgently needs a sane and sound president!
Re: FG Begins Animal Census And Identification by StaffofOrayan(m): 6:53am On Jul 11, 2019
When exactly did Fulani business become governments major concern .
I would like to see the tax payments of all these Alhajis and politicians behind these cow rubbish!
Farmers buy fertilizer, in most cases rent a vacant land, collect loans and have to repay, but when it comes to Fulanis, if it's not free colonies it's radio stations or free vet services.
A country where her citizens are being enslaved all over the world, our priority can't seem to pass cattle.
Can't say I blame you
You have never seen how life is supposed to be outside Nigeria,
You think Buhari's children would graduate in peace if London has herdsmen / Farmers conflict.

Telkart19:

Also there is this

1 Like

Re: FG Begins Animal Census And Identification by Nobody: 6:53am On Jul 11, 2019
Racoon:
Nigeria last had a census in 2006 yet the present govt dont deemed it fit to had another one done to get near accurate demographic date for national planning & development.

All the useless Buhari govt cares for is animal husbandry or the Fulanization agenda.Abeg who did Nigeria offend with its present crop of leaders?

Buhari is the only problem, not crop of leaders

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Supreme Court Rules On Osun Governorship Election Dispute On Tuesday, May 9 / Tribunal Judgement: Police Ban Street Protests In Kano / Obi Celebrates With Chinedu Ezekwesili On His 70th Birthday In Abuja

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.