Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,489 members, 7,812,520 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 02:39 PM

It Is A Criminal Act To Deface Naira – CBN Warns Nigerians - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / It Is A Criminal Act To Deface Naira – CBN Warns Nigerians (15063 Views)

Diversion Of Diaspora Remittances To Black Market Weakens Naira - CBN / Stop Putting Old Notes In ATMs Or Face Penalty – CBN Warns Commercial Banks / FOREX: No Plan To Convert Domiciliary Accounts Into Naira - CBN (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

It Is A Criminal Act To Deface Naira – CBN Warns Nigerians by Dorischuks: 5:02pm On Jul 11, 2019
The Central Bank of Nigeria has warned Nigerians to restrain from defacing the Naira, describing such act as criminal and an affront on national pride.

According to the apex bank, the Naira, like the National flag remains a symbol of Nigeria’s nationhood and sovereignty, hence the need to respect and preserve it.

The bank disclosed this on Thursday in Osogbo, the Osun State capital during a programme tagged ” CBN Fair” with the theme : Promoting Financial and Economic Stability ” which was specifically organised to sanitise the residents on some of CBN policies and programmes.

Speaking at the event, the Director, Corporate Communications Department of the bank, Mr Isaac Okorafor, who was represented by the Assistant Director in the department, Mr Samuel Okogbue said spraying of notes, squeezing and writing on it constitute grievous offences that attract penalty in the face of law.

He, however, emphasised the need to develop the local manufacturing industries and create employment for the teeming youths, as he implored residents to be conscious of indigenous goods and be patriotic enough to patronise it.
“We cannot continue to patronise foreign goods and expect the economy to grow to the extent of accommodating our teeming unemployed youths; we must start making our indigenous goods a priority in our choice of demand”.

Read more here https://thickmatch.com/criminal-act-deface-naira-cbn-warns-nigerians/

1 Like

Re: It Is A Criminal Act To Deface Naira – CBN Warns Nigerians by KubwaBoy: 7:57pm On Jul 11, 2019
Have been hearing this ever since i was young. Yet, you haven't prosecute anybody

20 Likes

Re: It Is A Criminal Act To Deface Naira – CBN Warns Nigerians by aku626(m): 7:57pm On Jul 11, 2019
I’m not sure who the joker is here, the news outlet or CBN. The apex bank holds a summit in a rather questionable location(that’s not even the economic giant of the country)
To talk about something of high value(economic growth)
And the make the subject about spraying money?
Also, how does spraying or squeezing money even enter the conversation?
These so called people at the top are playing oh.

Lastly I believe CBN has become more of a micro finance bank these days thinking of opening an account soon.

4 Likes

Re: It Is A Criminal Act To Deface Naira – CBN Warns Nigerians by nurez305(m): 7:58pm On Jul 11, 2019
I hope it is not a criminal act if rat eat part of the money

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: It Is A Criminal Act To Deface Naira – CBN Warns Nigerians by NOL2dworld(m): 7:58pm On Jul 11, 2019
How can iya oloja's survive this grin

1 Share

Re: It Is A Criminal Act To Deface Naira – CBN Warns Nigerians by Iamoriginalben(m): 7:58pm On Jul 11, 2019
For real? Pls tell that to the bus conductors and agberos grin grin

1 Like

Re: It Is A Criminal Act To Deface Naira – CBN Warns Nigerians by SultanOfAbia: 7:58pm On Jul 11, 2019

1 Like

Re: It Is A Criminal Act To Deface Naira – CBN Warns Nigerians by lordkush: 7:58pm On Jul 11, 2019
in med schl I did expo on 50 naira with blue biro

grin. I defaced it with pleasure

1 Like

Re: It Is A Criminal Act To Deface Naira – CBN Warns Nigerians by b3llo(m): 7:58pm On Jul 11, 2019
CBN pls educate them well.

1 Like

Re: It Is A Criminal Act To Deface Naira – CBN Warns Nigerians by Chinesegirl(f): 7:58pm On Jul 11, 2019
Okay
Re: It Is A Criminal Act To Deface Naira – CBN Warns Nigerians by Muyiwaipere(m): 7:59pm On Jul 11, 2019
Lol.... Money wey Don deface economically....

5 Likes

Re: It Is A Criminal Act To Deface Naira – CBN Warns Nigerians by gen2briz(m): 7:59pm On Jul 11, 2019
Ok
Re: It Is A Criminal Act To Deface Naira – CBN Warns Nigerians by tyson98: 7:59pm On Jul 11, 2019
Na ike of bbnaija he dey talk to cos na him say 200naira be like dirt grin

2 Likes

Re: It Is A Criminal Act To Deface Naira – CBN Warns Nigerians by Jwonder(m): 7:59pm On Jul 11, 2019
Tell that to market women and see if pepper water will not be poured on you.

3 Likes

Re: It Is A Criminal Act To Deface Naira – CBN Warns Nigerians by Respect55(m): 7:59pm On Jul 11, 2019
Nonsense
Re: It Is A Criminal Act To Deface Naira – CBN Warns Nigerians by SUCKCESSFUL: 7:59pm On Jul 11, 2019
Naira Wey Una Don Devalue Finnish? undecided

1 Like

Re: It Is A Criminal Act To Deface Naira – CBN Warns Nigerians by Temple1288(m): 8:00pm On Jul 11, 2019
Naira? Who regards that thing as a currency.. $100=N36,500

Lol!

5 Likes

Re: It Is A Criminal Act To Deface Naira – CBN Warns Nigerians by patorial(m): 8:00pm On Jul 11, 2019
As long as that same Naira makes me see shits before I get em I will still do Whatever I like with it. I might even smoke with it sef

1 Like 1 Share

Re: It Is A Criminal Act To Deface Naira – CBN Warns Nigerians by beeblack: 8:03pm On Jul 11, 2019
But when last did CBN issue new note to banks?

2 Likes

Re: It Is A Criminal Act To Deface Naira – CBN Warns Nigerians by liverpudian9(m): 8:04pm On Jul 11, 2019
that is if the naira has good value like the us dollars
Re: It Is A Criminal Act To Deface Naira – CBN Warns Nigerians by OlujobaSamuel: 8:04pm On Jul 11, 2019
Iamoriginalben:
For real? Pls tell that to the bus conductors and agberos grin grin
Hmmmmmmm, not entirely true, those guys arrange the notes more than some learned peeps sef. It's bikemen and keke napep riders that squeeze the note most

3 Likes

Re: It Is A Criminal Act To Deface Naira – CBN Warns Nigerians by jaxxy(m): 8:05pm On Jul 11, 2019
Mumu cbn when that money leaves ur bank u have no control over it u can only state laws that people shud not accept such money as legal tender anymore so people who want to spend their money must keep it in a proper or certain state.
Re: It Is A Criminal Act To Deface Naira – CBN Warns Nigerians by Ogaga87(m): 8:06pm On Jul 11, 2019
Oga CBN shut up and come with your own quota that will reduce the suffering of the people..

The nature of our naira is a message to the government that all is not well with the land..

If everywhere get their small quota like shoprite, the naira nor go be like that..

But to the bus conductor of Lagos a thong like that is a s**p of tongue
Re: It Is A Criminal Act To Deface Naira – CBN Warns Nigerians by Enemyofpeace: 8:13pm On Jul 11, 2019
Na today haboooooooooki don dey do that?
Re: It Is A Criminal Act To Deface Naira – CBN Warns Nigerians by Enemyofpeace: 8:13pm On Jul 11, 2019
Muyiwaipere:
Lol.... Money wey Don deface economically....
no mind them
Re: It Is A Criminal Act To Deface Naira – CBN Warns Nigerians by sapientia(m): 8:14pm On Jul 11, 2019
For not seeing a way to keep it away from us.
Re: It Is A Criminal Act To Deface Naira – CBN Warns Nigerians by TOPCRUISE(m): 8:17pm On Jul 11, 2019
It's also criminal for Banks to issue us defaced Naira. They should warn banks as well

1 Like

Re: It Is A Criminal Act To Deface Naira – CBN Warns Nigerians by Ahmeduana(m): 8:17pm On Jul 11, 2019
Na today? undecided
Re: It Is A Criminal Act To Deface Naira – CBN Warns Nigerians by Nobody: 8:19pm On Jul 11, 2019
Bunch of useless people , talking about irrelevant things
Person never see money put for pocket not to talk of defacing the poor thing
Re: It Is A Criminal Act To Deface Naira – CBN Warns Nigerians by mozona(m): 8:25pm On Jul 11, 2019
true talk
Re: It Is A Criminal Act To Deface Naira – CBN Warns Nigerians by SOFTENGR: 8:28pm On Jul 11, 2019
NOL2dworld:
How can iya oloja's survive this grin

Bus conductors are also in a big trouble.

1 Like

(1) (2) (Reply)

The Curious Case Of First Bank / Nylon Bag Making Machine? Anyone?? / Diamond Yello Account/mtn Partneship - How To Open

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.