Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,705 members, 7,816,889 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 07:36 PM

Stop Putting Old Notes In ATMs Or Face Penalty – CBN Warns Commercial Banks - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Stop Putting Old Notes In ATMs Or Face Penalty – CBN Warns Commercial Banks (20362 Views)

We Did Not Authorise Commercial Banks To Collect Old ₦500, ₦1000 Notes - CBN / New Naira Notes: CEOs Of Commercial Banks Back Extension Of Deadline / Businesses In Nigeria Must Accept E-naira Payment, CBN Warns (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Stop Putting Old Notes In ATMs Or Face Penalty – CBN Warns Commercial Banks by UDOKABESTLUV(m): 6:55pm On Jan 10, 2023
The Central Bank of Nigeria (CBN) urged commercial banks in the country to comply with the directive of loading the newly redesigned naira notes in their Automated Teller Machines (ATMs).

CBN Director, Currency Operations, Mr Ahmed Umar, stated this in Abuja on Monday, Jan. 9.

Umar, who spoke at the Training Session for State Directors, National Orientation Agency (NOA) on Redesign of Currency Notes Policy, said commercial banks should stop putting old notes in ATMs or face a penalty.

According to Umar, the CBN’s directive was to implement the January 31 deadline withdrawal of old naira notes in circulation.

Umar said: "We, CBN management, have mandated banks to stop putting old notes in their ATM machines. They should only put the new notes.

"And there is a serialisation of the policy that they can put either N500, N1000 or N200 notes whichever denomination they have or combination of any of those notes, they should just put a new note in their machines.

"We’re going to monitor to ensure that the banks comply, and if they don’t, we’ve penalty for non-compliance."

Source: https://saharareporters.com/2023/01/10/stop-putting-old-naira-notes-atm-machines-or-face-penalty-central-bank-warns-commercial

12 Likes

Re: Stop Putting Old Notes In ATMs Or Face Penalty – CBN Warns Commercial Banks by UDOKABESTLUV(m): 6:55pm On Jan 10, 2023
Trending Update Right Now, From CBN

Proudly Brought To You By
Re: Stop Putting Old Notes In ATMs Or Face Penalty – CBN Warns Commercial Banks by gbengaeed(m): 7:09pm On Jan 10, 2023
Well, they would keep loading the old notes because the new one given to them has been exchanged through the back door for 65/35 with people who have over the years stash up cash in their private vault thinking that is the definition of being rich.

108 Likes 10 Shares

Re: Stop Putting Old Notes In ATMs Or Face Penalty – CBN Warns Commercial Banks by Rhado: 7:19pm On Jan 10, 2023
B
Re: Stop Putting Old Notes In ATMs Or Face Penalty – CBN Warns Commercial Banks by TooMuchSense1(m): 7:19pm On Jan 10, 2023
Stop putting Old corrupt politicians in power or continue to face economic problems — my warning for Nigerian youths.

116 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Stop Putting Old Notes In ATMs Or Face Penalty – CBN Warns Commercial Banks by PixelPlexus: 7:19pm On Jan 10, 2023
This deadline of 31st January is so real!

4 Likes

Re: Stop Putting Old Notes In ATMs Or Face Penalty – CBN Warns Commercial Banks by OBUKOMENA: 7:19pm On Jan 10, 2023
The difference between the old notes and the new ones na dye. The new notes are mints immersed in different colours of dye while the old ones aren't

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Stop Putting Old Notes In ATMs Or Face Penalty – CBN Warns Commercial Banks by BigDawsNet: 7:19pm On Jan 10, 2023
What's the one currency superman can't hold?

Kryptocurrency. wink

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Stop Putting Old Notes In ATMs Or Face Penalty – CBN Warns Commercial Banks by Reporting34(f): 7:19pm On Jan 10, 2023
Ok
Re: Stop Putting Old Notes In ATMs Or Face Penalty – CBN Warns Commercial Banks by Adedotguy: 7:19pm On Jan 10, 2023
cool
Re: Stop Putting Old Notes In ATMs Or Face Penalty – CBN Warns Commercial Banks by jhydebaba(m): 7:19pm On Jan 10, 2023
I tire oh! This country sef.
Re: Stop Putting Old Notes In ATMs Or Face Penalty – CBN Warns Commercial Banks by lsoul: 7:19pm On Jan 10, 2023
angry This is the raw truth, CBN don't have enough of the new notes to give banks yet. They should stop painting it as if it's the banks fault, have you ever thought of this? If the old notes were exchanged for the new ones by CBN to banks why on earth will banks load old notes?

62 Likes 1 Share

Re: Stop Putting Old Notes In ATMs Or Face Penalty – CBN Warns Commercial Banks by Pwettylinda(f): 7:19pm On Jan 10, 2023
grin
Re: Stop Putting Old Notes In ATMs Or Face Penalty – CBN Warns Commercial Banks by Odaveboy(m): 7:20pm On Jan 10, 2023
Better late than ever
Re: Stop Putting Old Notes In ATMs Or Face Penalty – CBN Warns Commercial Banks by NaijaCover(m): 7:20pm On Jan 10, 2023
Reporting34:
Ok

See More Photos Via www.. Com
Re: Stop Putting Old Notes In ATMs Or Face Penalty – CBN Warns Commercial Banks by Lanretoye(m): 7:20pm On Jan 10, 2023
Na old not I just collect now now,plus I go gtb some mins past 4pm and bank don close.the securities were not even aware of the CNB extension of banks closing time to 5pm.
Everybody in this country I defiant even emefiele self is defiant.
Make una first penalize emefiele for his japaration.

34 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Stop Putting Old Notes In ATMs Or Face Penalty – CBN Warns Commercial Banks by Giwoni: 7:20pm On Jan 10, 2023
gbengaeed:
Well, they would keep loading the old notes because the new one given to them has been exchanged through the back door for 65/35 with people who have over the years stash up cash in their private vault thinking that is the definition of being rich.
my thought though!

7 Likes

Re: Stop Putting Old Notes In ATMs Or Face Penalty – CBN Warns Commercial Banks by sparko1(m): 7:20pm On Jan 10, 2023
I have not withdrawn any new notes or even touched it, they look fake to me though.

24 Likes 1 Share

Re: Stop Putting Old Notes In ATMs Or Face Penalty – CBN Warns Commercial Banks by Carcholce: 7:20pm On Jan 10, 2023
We keep getting news from CBN but CBN governor nor gree resume office even defied the president’s directives.

21 Likes

Re: Stop Putting Old Notes In ATMs Or Face Penalty – CBN Warns Commercial Banks by oz4real83(m): 7:20pm On Jan 10, 2023
Empty threats as usual, you will go to the banks and they will give you rottened notes, you will go to those note sellers in ring road in Benin city and see crisp naira notes that they got from the same banks that distributed the rottened notes to you. Every thing is just upside down in this country lipsrsealed

23 Likes 1 Share

Re: Stop Putting Old Notes In ATMs Or Face Penalty – CBN Warns Commercial Banks by NewNg1: 7:21pm On Jan 10, 2023
Some banks are cronies to politicians.

1 Like

Re: Stop Putting Old Notes In ATMs Or Face Penalty – CBN Warns Commercial Banks by Giwoni: 7:21pm On Jan 10, 2023
sparko1:
I have not withdrawn any new notes or even touched it, they look fake to me though.

the #500 note is cool so as the 1k but that #200 note is something else grin

1 Like

Re: Stop Putting Old Notes In ATMs Or Face Penalty – CBN Warns Commercial Banks by Olaolex: 7:21pm On Jan 10, 2023
The questions are: Do commercial banks have enough notes to fill their machines with? What is/are the penalty(s)? How are we sure CBN is not being hypocritical on this matter?
Let's wait and see what will happen if by January 31st, the new notes in circulation are still not enough.

4 Likes

Re: Stop Putting Old Notes In ATMs Or Face Penalty – CBN Warns Commercial Banks by Zubby2005(m): 7:22pm On Jan 10, 2023
What note?
I am the only one missing something?

1 Like

Re: Stop Putting Old Notes In ATMs Or Face Penalty – CBN Warns Commercial Banks by dazzlingd(m): 7:22pm On Jan 10, 2023
Did u give them new notes

4 Likes

Re: Stop Putting Old Notes In ATMs Or Face Penalty – CBN Warns Commercial Banks by DropsMic(m): 7:22pm On Jan 10, 2023
Yawn
Re: Stop Putting Old Notes In ATMs Or Face Penalty – CBN Warns Commercial Banks by YoungLionken(m): 7:22pm On Jan 10, 2023
Buhari is really serious against BAT cool...

1 Like

Re: Stop Putting Old Notes In ATMs Or Face Penalty – CBN Warns Commercial Banks by iLoveYouToo(m): 7:22pm On Jan 10, 2023
I wonder what they’re hoarding the notes for. I don’t even remember the last time I used an ATM. I need to reduce my laziness this year and plan better, these POS agents have influenced my spending habit negatively

20 Likes

Re: Stop Putting Old Notes In ATMs Or Face Penalty – CBN Warns Commercial Banks by Teeroyzimma: 7:23pm On Jan 10, 2023
Tinubu don thief the new notes into his bullion van

4 Likes

Re: Stop Putting Old Notes In ATMs Or Face Penalty – CBN Warns Commercial Banks by rajiedreez: 7:23pm On Jan 10, 2023
Supply them enough money na

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Stop Putting Old Notes In ATMs Or Face Penalty – CBN Warns Commercial Banks by zakman: 7:23pm On Jan 10, 2023
Mumu people ��

2 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

5 Things You Must Know To Live Above The Current Recession. / Anambra Relocates Onitsha Head Bridge Drug Market To Oba / Wooden Bridge At New Alade Market Scares Customers Away

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.