Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,002 members, 7,835,392 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 09:34 AM

Gov. Ugwuanyi Prohibits Activities Of IPMAN In Enugu State - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Gov. Ugwuanyi Prohibits Activities Of IPMAN In Enugu State (7092 Views)

Lagos Government Prohibits Public Address System For Religious Purposes / Senate Amends Terrorism Act, Prohibits Payment Of Ransom To Kidnappers / Enugu Govt. Bans Operations Of IPMAN's State Chapter (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Gov. Ugwuanyi Prohibits Activities Of IPMAN In Enugu State by OEPHIUS(m): 4:40am On Jul 12, 2019
Gov. Ugwuanyi prohibits activities of IPMAN in Enugu State

Enugu State Governor, Rt. Hon. Ifeanyi Ugwuanyi has issued an Executive Order prohibiting the activities of Independent Petroleum Marketers Association of Nigeria (IPMAN) in the State till further notice.

The Order which was issued by Gov. Ugwuanyi pursuant to section 48 (1) and (2) of the Public Order Law Cap 130 Revised Laws of Enugu State 2004, section 215(4) of the Constitution of the Federal Republic of Nigeria 1999 (as amended), and all other powers enabling him in that behalf, was as a result of the protracted crisis between warring factions of the IPMAN that has within the recent past given rise to cult activities, gun battles, banditry, continuing threat to public order and human lives and property.

According to the Order, "the foregoing has created a general state of insecurity in Enugu State (the "State"wink, presenting grave danger to lives and property of members of the public in the State".

The Order also expressed deep concern that "the continuance of activities of IPMAN in the State is likely to endanger peace and public order in the State", stressing that "it is expidient in the interest of public safety, public order, public morality, and for the purpose of protecting the rights, freedoms and lives and property of members of the public in the State and the maintenance of peace, security, and good governance of the State".

Prohibiting the activities of the association, the Order further stated that "without prejudice to the issues in contention between the parties and the rights and obligations of the parties, and without prejudice to any judicial decisions in that regard: The activities of IPMAN in Enugu State are hereby prohibited till further notice".

It added that "a committee comprising the Department of Petroleum Resources, Nigeria Police Force, Nigeria Security and Civil Defence Corps, and Department of State Services shall be constituted to engage with the parties with a view to maintaining public safety and public order".

Consequently, the Order, which may be cited as "The Activities of Independent Petroleum Marketers Association of Nigeria (Enugu State Interim Prohibition) Order 2019", directed the Commissioner of Police, Enugu State to take all lawful measures in the above regard for maintaining and securing public safety and public order in the State".

Enugu State is in the hands of God! #amokelouis

https://thepunditng.com/gov-ugwuanyi-prohibits-activities-of-ipman-in-enugu-state/

Re: Gov. Ugwuanyi Prohibits Activities Of IPMAN In Enugu State by nextstep(m): 4:48am On Jul 12, 2019
Good move. Give these people time to cool down, rethink and plan a better way to solve their issues.
Can't be ruining the calm of 042 for everybody for selfish reasons.

5 Likes

Re: Gov. Ugwuanyi Prohibits Activities Of IPMAN In Enugu State by Okpotud(m): 4:49am On Jul 12, 2019
Good one we need peace in 042
Re: Gov. Ugwuanyi Prohibits Activities Of IPMAN In Enugu State by Gentlewarrior1(m): 4:57am On Jul 12, 2019
Well kudos to ugwanyi. Even though i still dey vex with am for some kind many many jonsing. But on this move i say well done my governor

We don't tolerate miscreants in our state
Ipman should better use their head

Igbo amaka
-Enugu amaka
-042 simply the best
-Most peaceful state in Nigeria and possibly africa
-Only naija city to be recignised as one of the 50 most resilient cities in the world

I rep 042 everyday anyday cool

5 Likes

Re: Gov. Ugwuanyi Prohibits Activities Of IPMAN In Enugu State by Dikaveli2(m): 5:03am On Jul 12, 2019
My coal city
My 042
My wawa state mean while if you are in enugu i have 2 plots of land @ igbagwa Nike for sale 100 by 100 and also another 2 plots at agbani town 100 by 100 interested serious persons should contact 07056562797 or visit FMC asaba surgical department and ask of doctor david
Re: Gov. Ugwuanyi Prohibits Activities Of IPMAN In Enugu State by Dikaveli2(m): 5:05am On Jul 12, 2019
Gentlewarrior1:
Well kudos to ugwanyi. Even though i still dey vex with am for some kind many many jonsing. But on this move i say well done my governor

We don't tolerate miscreants in our state
Ipman should better use their head

Igbo amaka
-Enugu amaka
-042 simply the best
-Most peaceful state in Nigeria and possibly africa
-One of the 50 most resilient cities in the world

I rep 042 everyday anyday cool

Hahahahahahaha too many jonzing from the woman governor. In what is happening in enugu now with fulani nonsense one misses chiboy.

2 Likes

Re: Gov. Ugwuanyi Prohibits Activities Of IPMAN In Enugu State by Gentlewarrior1(m): 5:13am On Jul 12, 2019
Dikaveli2:

Hahahahahahaha too many jonzing from the woman governor. In what is happening in enugu now with fulani nonsense one misses chiboy.
I dey tell you bro

Chiboy for mobilize men or vigilantes to scatter those useless herdsmen

Na them go run by their hand by the time chiboy begin nack them one by one.

They wouldn't dare cross enugu

Unfortunately ugwanyi is the governor now

2 Likes

Re: Gov. Ugwuanyi Prohibits Activities Of IPMAN In Enugu State by Nobody: 5:37am On Jul 12, 2019
Igbo amaka
Re: Gov. Ugwuanyi Prohibits Activities Of IPMAN In Enugu State by Wazosi(m): 6:13am On Jul 12, 2019
A
Re: Gov. Ugwuanyi Prohibits Activities Of IPMAN In Enugu State by bordjury: 6:23am On Jul 12, 2019
At present online games are very popular now and most of the people are interested to play online games. Would you like to know more about run 3 unblocked games to play. Get more updates about games here.
Re: Gov. Ugwuanyi Prohibits Activities Of IPMAN In Enugu State by tuzle(m): 6:33am On Jul 12, 2019
If u have watched the movie IPMAN hit like

3 Likes

Re: Gov. Ugwuanyi Prohibits Activities Of IPMAN In Enugu State by Commentor: 6:54am On Jul 12, 2019
Enugu is a Sh it hole.
Re: Gov. Ugwuanyi Prohibits Activities Of IPMAN In Enugu State by Dottore: 7:55am On Jul 12, 2019
*yawns*
Re: Gov. Ugwuanyi Prohibits Activities Of IPMAN In Enugu State by OkpanachiMax: 7:57am On Jul 12, 2019
Is that Nigeria version of Ipman? grin
The Ipman we know is in China
Re: Gov. Ugwuanyi Prohibits Activities Of IPMAN In Enugu State by Baroba(m): 8:19am On Jul 12, 2019
Ugwuanyi, Mr Clueless..Worst Enugu governor by a mile..

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Senate Probes 7 Oil Firms Over $21bn Unremitted Funds / Breaking News. Lai Mohammed Banned From EU And USA. / No Force Can Stop Xmas Celebration –CAN

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.