Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,287 members, 7,811,859 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 09:34 PM

Robert Foster Insists On Chaperone For Interview With Larrison Campbell - Foreign Affairs - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / Robert Foster Insists On Chaperone For Interview With Larrison Campbell (21807 Views)

Niger: ECOWAS Denies Influence Of ‘Foreign Power’, Insists On Independence / Tafari Campbell: Body Of Barack Obama's Missing Personal Chef Found In A Pond / Robert Mugabe Resisting Army Pressure To Quit, Insists He's Still President (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Robert Foster Insists On Chaperone For Interview With Larrison Campbell by BabaCommander: 7:22am On Jul 12, 2019
Way to go?

A US politician, Robert Foster who is biding to be Mississippi governor has refused to travel alone with a female reporter that wants to interview him.

Is it time men adopt this policy to avoid frivolous accusations?

A Republican candidate for Mississippi governor has refused to be interviewed by a female reporter unless she brings a male colleague with her.
Larrison Campbell, 40, said she had asked to shadow Robert Foster on a 15-hour "ride-a-long" on his campaign, but was denied because of her sex.
Mr Foster said he was acting out of precaution and he did not want to raise any suspicions about his marriage.
"This is my truck, and in my truck we go by my rules," he said on CNN.
During the CNN interview with Campbell and Mr Foster on Thursday, the 36-year-old gubernatorial candidate cited his religion and faith, arguing he had made a vow to his wife to not be alone with someone of the opposite sex

He cited the late Christian evangelist Billy Graham, who had said he would not spend time alone with any woman who was not his wife, as well as Vice-President Mike Pence, who has said he will not eat alone with a woman other than his wife.

"I don't trust the perception that the world puts on people when they see things and they don't ask a question, they don't look to find out the truth," he said.
"Perception is a reality in this world, and I don't want to give anybody the opinion that I'm doing something that I should not be doing."
Most US women won't dine alone with opposite sex, survey suggests.

Are Mike Pence's dining habits chivalrous or sexist?
Mr Foster said following the #MeToo movement, "men are under attack all the time".

"I'm not going to allow myself to be put in a situation with any female where they can make an accusation against me" without someone else in attendance, he said.

When asked if he would allow the 15-hour interview with a man, Mr Foster said he would, adding: "I stand my ground."
Campbell, who has interviewed Mr Foster numerous times, called the decision sexist.
She argued that if she were expected to go by his rules in his truck, he should provide the male chaperone.

Mr Foster said his campaign staff was too small at the time to provide assistance.
"What you're saying here is that a woman is a sexual object first and a reporter second," Campbell told Mr Foster on Thursday.
She asked Mr Foster how he could tell voters he would be a good governor if he could not be alone in a room with a woman, citing numerous female staff members in the current governor's office.

Mr Foster said he could achieve that by leaving the door open or having people in the room next door, but that the 15-hour vehicle ride was a different situation.
The debate over Mr Foster and Campbell has drawn renewed attention to the sentiment that men are uncomfortable being with women alone.

Two years ago Mr Pence made headlines after comments he made in 2002 that he "never eats alone with a woman other than his wife and that he won't attend events featuring alcohol without her by his side" resurfaced.
Some argue the practice is a matter of professionalism in the workplace while critics decry it as sexist and unfair to women in professional settings.

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-us-canada-48954303#

Lalasticlala, Suen, what do you think about this?

51 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Robert Foster Insists On Chaperone For Interview With Larrison Campbell by Tocynone(m): 7:25am On Jul 12, 2019
Wise man

220 Likes 11 Shares

Re: Robert Foster Insists On Chaperone For Interview With Larrison Campbell by babyfaceafrica: 7:26am On Jul 12, 2019
nice..it is high time men start to have sense,no female P.A,no female secretary..all close associates should be all male...never employ a female to work with you..even pa adeboye said he rejected a female assistant..men be wise!!

219 Likes 11 Shares

Re: Robert Foster Insists On Chaperone For Interview With Larrison Campbell by Racoon(m): 7:28am On Jul 12, 2019
Nice one! Way to go in order to avoid stories that touches the heart esp.when you're an influencial person.

66 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Robert Foster Insists On Chaperone For Interview With Larrison Campbell by Jayslicky: 7:32am On Jul 12, 2019
God punish those saying what he is doing is sexist, what he has done has proved he is a wise man, this is a precaution all men should follow in these days of false accusations on made men.

Some women are out there to spoil the reputation of men through their MeTooMovement.

When dealing with women always remember this lessons.

Lesson 1: Fear women.
Lesson 2: Always fear women.
Lesson 3: Always remember lesson 1 & 2

193 Likes 9 Shares

Re: Robert Foster Insists On Chaperone For Interview With Larrison Campbell by Mynd44: 7:36am On Jul 12, 2019
I hope when women say they can't work with men and refuse to employ men to work with then, men don't complain. This issue goes both way and as much as it is for safety, it also has a larger impact on society

"What you're saying here is that a woman is a sexual object first and a reporter second," Campbell told Mr Foster on Thursday.
She asked Mr Foster how he could tell voters he would be a good governor if he could not be alone in a room with a woman, citing numerous female staff members in the current governor's office.

But this part is crap. It is not sexist; he just does not think he is safe in close quarters with you and wants a "bodyguard".

On a separate note sha, if a white man says he is not comfortable being around black people alone so he needs a chaperone, it will come off as racist.

Weird world

22 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Robert Foster Insists On Chaperone For Interview With Larrison Campbell by donvicky2007: 7:38am On Jul 12, 2019
Look at them calling him a sexist, if he grant them their request and they end up accusing him of rape, the Media will be the first to prosecute him.

Note: There have been a high rate of rape allegations against successful and ambitious men then men in general.

86 Likes 1 Share

Re: Robert Foster Insists On Chaperone For Interview With Larrison Campbell by Mynd44: 7:39am On Jul 12, 2019
Jayslicky:
God punish those saying what he is doing is sexist, what he has done has proved he is a wise man, this is a precaution all men should follow me in these days of false accusations on made men.

Some women are out there to spoil the reputation of men through their MeTooMovement.

When dealing with women always remember this lessons.

Lesson 1: Fear women.
Lesson 2: Always fear women.
Lesson 3: Always remember lesson 1 & 2

Actually, there has been faaaar more true rape cases than false ones.

There has been faaaar more incidences of men abusing their privileges against women than women against men.

By your standard, we should say women should fear all men.

People are to be feared not just people of a particular gender. If you find a particular person(ni matter the gender) take precaution to protect yourself

13 Likes 1 Share

Re: Robert Foster Insists On Chaperone For Interview With Larrison Campbell by NOC1(m): 7:42am On Jul 12, 2019
Men are becoming careful and wise this daughters of Jezebel want to ruin peoples life, do you know how many people they destroyed their future.

For Example Dominus Straus Can, He would have been the French president if not sex scandal.

Trump is succeeding because He doesn't see them, nearly Justice Brett Kavanaugh wouldn't have made it if he did not cry with evidence, bringing an old diary he kept details of all he did with dates.

women play the victim card and draw a lot of sympathy Imagine if Marcron of France was a woman, they would have investigated if He was having affairs with his student before marrying her. Take it or leave it there was a relationship when he was a student to his wife.
many of us were sexually abused as kids by women.
false rape accusers should be punished

64 Likes 1 Share

Re: Robert Foster Insists On Chaperone For Interview With Larrison Campbell by nurex01(m): 7:42am On Jul 12, 2019
To be on a saver's side.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Robert Foster Insists On Chaperone For Interview With Larrison Campbell by PrinceKevin01: 7:44am On Jul 12, 2019
That's a wise man for you

Anyway, i will Build a Professional Logo or Company for your Product or Company For 1k. Offer valid today only. See my info below to to chat me up on WhatsApp

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Robert Foster Insists On Chaperone For Interview With Larrison Campbell by RiyaGoddess(f): 7:44am On Jul 12, 2019
Hahahahahaha these guys up no go kii me with laugh this early momo. Dominion is from inside out. Don't let your environment place a limitation on you. All that you can be is in inside of you not your environment. The manis more powerful than his environment. Your environment doesn't make you, you make your environment.If you don't know who you are, you will be struggling to manifest it or accomplish it.Good Morning My Yard People. May God crownour hustle with success today. Amin. Read my signature

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Robert Foster Insists On Chaperone For Interview With Larrison Campbell by Nobody: 7:44am On Jul 12, 2019
If you have preeq, fear women.
Nobody will listen to you, if a woman accuse you.

38 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Robert Foster Insists On Chaperone For Interview With Larrison Campbell by pyro62(m): 7:44am On Jul 12, 2019
Man way sabi!!
Now this is what they call "avoid trouble"
Some other men would give #100 to the male colleagues to go and buy KREST so that they would mistakenly find theirselves alone with the female reporter. And comman be telling us dat they didn't caught us?

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Robert Foster Insists On Chaperone For Interview With Larrison Campbell by lonelydora: 7:45am On Jul 12, 2019
Men are wiser now.

Afterall, the Bible advised us to be careful about women

16 Likes 1 Share

Re: Robert Foster Insists On Chaperone For Interview With Larrison Campbell by iammo(m): 7:45am On Jul 12, 2019
cool

Smart man

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Robert Foster Insists On Chaperone For Interview With Larrison Campbell by ManspaceBarber(m): 7:45am On Jul 12, 2019
Correct guy, he doesn't want to be roped nor raped grin

13 Likes 1 Share

Re: Robert Foster Insists On Chaperone For Interview With Larrison Campbell by materialproject: 7:45am On Jul 12, 2019
Tomorrow you hear rape

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Robert Foster Insists On Chaperone For Interview With Larrison Campbell by Jayslicky: 7:46am On Jul 12, 2019
Mynd44:

Actually, there has been faaaar more true rape cases than false ones.

There has been faaaar more incidences of men abusing their privileges against women than women against men.

By your standard, we should say women should fear all men.

People are to be feared not just people of a particular gender. If you find a particular person(ni matter the gender) take precaution to protect yourself
So why are the false rape accusers not punished, is that not double standards, the most painful thing is that if a woman accuses someone of rape, people wouldn't listen to the man's side, they would storm all his social media accounts and give him instant judgement, even if he comes out of it his reputation is spoilt already but the accuser woman would be walking heads-up living her good life.

60 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Robert Foster Insists On Chaperone For Interview With Larrison Campbell by thisnaijaguy: 7:47am On Jul 12, 2019
Wiseman!

The bird has learnt to fly without perching.

Women una too much.

E be like say this accusation business na the big business now ooh

13 Likes 1 Share

Re: Robert Foster Insists On Chaperone For Interview With Larrison Campbell by Lush100(m): 7:47am On Jul 12, 2019
i support this. No, i am in full support.
and to some extent , i apply this.

is the lady not thinking . 15 hours trip/interview.

so that later in the future when he want to run for presido, some one willl call up this trip and say he acted inappropriate during that time.
sir, i support you.

33 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Robert Foster Insists On Chaperone For Interview With Larrison Campbell by AllenSpencer: 7:47am On Jul 12, 2019
Political toddler he is

He thinks any strategist will come for him at this time.

His past they are presently digging up.

1 Like

Re: Robert Foster Insists On Chaperone For Interview With Larrison Campbell by anonymous1759(m): 7:47am On Jul 12, 2019
babyfaceafrica:
nice..it is high time men start to have sense,no female P.A,no female secretary..all close associates should be all male...never employ a female to work with you..even pa adeboye said he rejected a female assistant..men be wise!!

If you do that feminist will say women are been discriminated remember that's how the feminist struggle started that women are not given same opportunity as men. But it's better to cut off from them to avoid stories.

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: Robert Foster Insists On Chaperone For Interview With Larrison Campbell by DanDeeBoss(m): 7:47am On Jul 12, 2019
The fear of being falsely accused by a woman is the beginning of wisdom cheesy

He took a wise decision after all smiley

22 Likes 1 Share

Re: Robert Foster Insists On Chaperone For Interview With Larrison Campbell by JudgeOGBUNABALI(m): 7:48am On Jul 12, 2019
Mynd44:
I hope when women say they can't work with men and refuse to employ men to work with then, men don't complain. This issue goes both way and as much as it is for safety, it also has a larger impact on society

But this part is crap. It is not sexist; he just does not think he is safe in close quarters with you and wants a "bodyguard".

On a separate note sha, if a white man says he is not comfortable being around black people alone so he needs a chaperone, it will come off as racist.

Weird world
Wise men learn from what happened to others ... Fools wait for it to happen to them.
Mynd, what's the ratio of men accusing women of seduction, rape etc to woman accusing men of same? Almost doesn't exist. The women folk created this situation. They are free to tow Mr Foster's line too. But many men will be saved false accusations and the stress of clearing their names towing this line.

40 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Robert Foster Insists On Chaperone For Interview With Larrison Campbell by Sterope(f): 7:48am On Jul 12, 2019
Better safe than sorry for all parties involve.

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Robert Foster Insists On Chaperone For Interview With Larrison Campbell by cescky(m): 7:48am On Jul 12, 2019
cescky:

You never fail to disappoint with your off point opinions
Mynd44:

Weird world

You never fail to disappoint with your off point bland opinions

To the senator too much sense

41 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Robert Foster Insists On Chaperone For Interview With Larrison Campbell by Mynd44: 7:49am On Jul 12, 2019
Jayslicky:
So why are the false rape accusers not punished, is that not double standards, the most painful thing is that if a woman accuses someone of rape, people wouldn't listen to the man's side, they would storm all his social media accounts and give him instant judgement, even if he comes out of it his reputation is spoilt already but the accuser woman would be walking heads-up living her good life.

If someone falsely accuses you of rape or any crime, there are laws for it. It is called defamation/libel. Yes, you can exercise your constitutional rights and sue

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Robert Foster Insists On Chaperone For Interview With Larrison Campbell by GMbuharii: 7:49am On Jul 12, 2019
Safety 1st

1 Like

Re: Robert Foster Insists On Chaperone For Interview With Larrison Campbell by samcus(m): 7:51am On Jul 12, 2019
They say joy comes in the morning, I say only if u survive the night Let's thank God we survived Last night,good morning beautiful people.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Robert Foster Insists On Chaperone For Interview With Larrison Campbell by sylve11: 7:52am On Jul 12, 2019
Men don dey begin get am right.... cool

13 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Gaza’s Al-Shifa Hospital Director Arrested By Israeli Soldiers / Yair Lapid: Israel Doesn’t Need US Permission To Strike Iran / Israel Knew Of Hamas' Plan A Year Ago (New York Times)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.