Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,148 members, 7,849,575 topics. Date: Tuesday, 04 June 2024 at 02:38 AM

El-zakzaky: Sagay Advises Buhari Govt - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / El-zakzaky: Sagay Advises Buhari Govt (607 Views)

NJC Advises Buhari To Confirm Tanko Muhammad As Substantive CJN / NJC Advises Buhari To Retire Walter Onnoghen Compulsorily Over $1.7m Cash / 2019 Presidency: Fayose Advises Buhari On Where To Flag Off His Campaign (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

El-zakzaky: Sagay Advises Buhari Govt by Ebullience(m): 10:53am On Jul 12, 2019
Prof. Itse Sagay, Chairman of the Presidential Advisory Committee Against Corruption (PACAC), has frowned at the continued detention of the leader of Islamic Movement of Nigeria (IMN), Sheikh Ibrahim El-Zakzaky, by the Department of State Services (DSS).

Zakzaky is being held by the DSS since December 2015 while facing charges for culpable homicide, unlawful assembly, and disruption of public peace.

DAILY POST recalls that the members of the movement had invaded the National Assembly to demand the lawmakers’ intervention in the release of their leader.

During ensuing confrontation with security agents, several vehicles were damaged while five policemen were injured.

Fourty suspects were arrested in connection with the incident.

In his reaction, Sagay advised the Federal Government to obey court orders and release El-Zakzaky on bail instead of detaining him perpetually without trial.

“I have already expressed this opinion almost a year ago that in the absence of anything that I know, apart from the fact that everybody is aware of, I think the best option is to release him, even if it is on bail.

“That is better instead of keeping him there and using him as an attraction for these gatherings that are disrupting everywhere and creating a level of anger and emotions that can upset the society and create unnecessary tension.

“Except if there is something we don’t know, I really don’t see why he is being kept for all these years. That is my sincere view,” he told Daily Independent.

https://dailypost.ng/2019/07/12/el-zakzaky-sagay-advises-buhari-govt/

Re: El-zakzaky: Sagay Advises Buhari Govt by Kingosytex(m): 10:56am On Jul 12, 2019
You guys should stop wasting your time advising Baba Ruga, its a pure exercise in futility

The old man won't listen!!

1 Like

Re: El-zakzaky: Sagay Advises Buhari Govt by oz4real83(m): 10:56am On Jul 12, 2019
This is a very sensible advice but unfortunately,pmb doesn't listen to anything sensible. He sees himself above the constitution.
Re: El-zakzaky: Sagay Advises Buhari Govt by ThePreachersSon: 10:57am On Jul 12, 2019
This corntree is doomed
Re: El-zakzaky: Sagay Advises Buhari Govt by mushystuff: 11:06am On Jul 12, 2019
ThePreachersSon:
This corntree is doomed

It's a cowntry now...
Re: El-zakzaky: Sagay Advises Buhari Govt by Staro: 11:30am On Jul 12, 2019

This pomo-mouthed zombie
is now reasoning like a human being.

Useless people in government.
Even Dasuki is still in detention despite several court orders

1 Like

Re: El-zakzaky: Sagay Advises Buhari Govt by yanabasee(m): 12:13pm On Jul 12, 2019
Sagay is done asslicking Buhari's incompetence.....
Re: El-zakzaky: Sagay Advises Buhari Govt by FarahAideed: 12:17pm On Jul 12, 2019
This one is beginning to see that these Shia's could sack this evil govt and pour sand in his garri

1 Like

Re: El-zakzaky: Sagay Advises Buhari Govt by sapientia(m): 12:40pm On Jul 12, 2019
Either Sagay or dailypost is hacked.

Sagay can never say this.

(1) (Reply)

Governor Seyi Makinde Asset N48 Billion, Richer Than The States / Buhari Used Me And Dumped Me – Woman Cries (VIDEO) / Nnamdi Kanu Reacts Over Arrest Of Sowore By DSS

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.