Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,940 members, 7,824,957 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 09:50 PM

CiSHAN Reacts As Rivers Nurse Talks About HIV Patients At Her Hospital - Health (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / CiSHAN Reacts As Rivers Nurse Talks About HIV Patients At Her Hospital (25563 Views)

Are HIV Patients So Eager To Infect Others? / Rivers State Nurse Talks About Her HIV Patients, Nigerians Call For Her Sack / Woman Applying Makeup On Her Hospital Bed Shortly After Giving Birth (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: CiSHAN Reacts As Rivers Nurse Talks About HIV Patients At Her Hospital by Debaiz: 7:12pm On Jul 13, 2019
ElsonMorali:

Were you expecting the blogs that carried her story to also reveal the names and faces of the people she exposed? Wouldn't they also be sharing in her crimes?

Not all of us depends on online media garbage in garbage out. Some of us actually read and digest information before concluding.

Below is the post allegedly shared by the lady.

Let’s go by your theory and assume that the blood didn’t follow in the crime but kindly analyze the post and tell me anything in the post that could remotely lead to mentioning names.

It shows in the post that the lady was only using her job experience to advice people. Not even a statement that could remotely lead to name mentions.

You can even see two of the commenters already questioning what the outrage was all about cos obviously there was no name mentioned.

Re: CiSHAN Reacts As Rivers Nurse Talks About HIV Patients At Her Hospital by ElsonMorali: 7:26pm On Jul 13, 2019
Debaiz:

Not all of us depends on online media garbage in garbage out. Some of us actually read and digest information before concluding.

Below is the post allegedly shared by the lady.

Let’s go by your theory and assume that the blood didn’t follow in the crime but kindly analyze the post and tell me anything in the post that could remotely lead to mentioning names.

It shows in the post that the lady was only using her job experience to advice people. Not even a statement that could remotely lead to name mentions.

You can even see two of the commenters already questioning what the outrage was all about cos obviously there was no name mentioned.

Not all of us depends on online media garbage in garbage out. Some of us actually read and digest information before concluding

You don't depend on social media garbage and yet you have the effrontery to pull a page from instablog9ja or the Instagram or wherever you pulled that off from and pass it off as authentic. Does what you just posted look like a Facebook page to you? Huh? You are circling a comment there as proof that she didn't mention names, oya go to instablog9ja and see the legion of comments that said that she posted the names and faces of the people. I guess you think you're the only one who is smart and intelligent abi?

Oh and by the way if you're half as smart as you think you're, you'll see that there's a picture or pictures below the words that was cut off.
Re: CiSHAN Reacts As Rivers Nurse Talks About HIV Patients At Her Hospital by sisisioge: 7:28pm On Jul 13, 2019
ElsonMorali:

You don't depend on social media garbage and yet you have the effrontery to pull a page from instablog9ja or the Instagram or wherever you pulled that off from and pass it off as authentic. Does what you just posted look like a Facebook page to you? Huh? You are circling a comment there as proof that she didn't mention names, oya go to instablog9ja and see the legion of comments that said that she posted the names and faces of the people. I guess you think you're the only one who is smart and intelligent abi?

Mr Oga! Longest time grin grin grin

1 Like 1 Share

Re: CiSHAN Reacts As Rivers Nurse Talks About HIV Patients At Her Hospital by eclectic11: 7:28pm On Jul 13, 2019
Most of you commenting don't even know the genesis of the whole story, you just jump on it and some of you think you are too intelligent when the reverse is the case. You can sensitize people about HIV/Aids that is very commendable, but when you go about talking about it to the extent of sharing people's picture without their permission, that is when you'd know that people living with HIV have right more than you and me and laws work in Nigeria. You'd be surprised how something you thought was simple and ordinary can become a huge problem. She actually shared pictures of people that came to take their medication at the clinic. Blogs that carried the news either blocked the faces of the people with emoji or didn't use pics at all. So those of you saying she didn't do anything wrong, her only saving grace would be if investigation reveal she was hacked or impersonated, otherwise she should kiss good bye to being in the healthcare profession and begin to get ready for other punishment.

2 Likes

Re: CiSHAN Reacts As Rivers Nurse Talks About HIV Patients At Her Hospital by ElsonMorali: 7:36pm On Jul 13, 2019
sisisioge:

Mr Oga! Longest time grin grin grin

Hey, mama. Longest time indeed. I missed you like kilode. That's why I came back here. grin grin hope you're good. kiss kiss kiss kiss kiss

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: CiSHAN Reacts As Rivers Nurse Talks About HIV Patients At Her Hospital by sisisioge: 7:38pm On Jul 13, 2019
ElsonMorali:

Hey, mama. Longest time indeed. I missed you like kilode. That's why I came back here. grin grin hope you're good. kiss kiss kiss kiss kiss

I dey o...welcome back. Yimmu...you're just in denial, your love for NL is like kilode grin.

2 Likes

Re: CiSHAN Reacts As Rivers Nurse Talks About HIV Patients At Her Hospital by ElsonMorali: 7:43pm On Jul 13, 2019
sisisioge:

I dey o...welcome back. Yimmu...you're just in denial, your love for NL is like kilode grin.

Hehehe. I don't want Nairaland to turn me into an unrepentant tribalist ni. kiss kiss kiss
Are you still on WhatsApp?
Re: CiSHAN Reacts As Rivers Nurse Talks About HIV Patients At Her Hospital by sisisioge: 7:46pm On Jul 13, 2019
ElsonMorali:

Hehehe. I don't want Nairaland to turn me into an unrepentant tribalist ni. kiss kiss kiss
Are you still on WhatsApp?

grin grin grin

Na repentance remain for you fa. Yes I am...I'll chat you up shortly.

I no get your no again fa...had tsunami on my phone.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: CiSHAN Reacts As Rivers Nurse Talks About HIV Patients At Her Hospital by ElsonMorali: 7:52pm On Jul 13, 2019
sisisioge:

grin grin grin

Na repentance remain for you fa. Yes I am...I'll chat you up shortly.

I no get your no again fa...had tsunami on my phone.

grin Okay, I still have yours sha. No Tsunami can steal your number from my phone. cheesy

I'll chat you up when I get my WhatsApp working soon sha. Have a beautiful lovely weekend. kiss kiss

1 Like

Re: CiSHAN Reacts As Rivers Nurse Talks About HIV Patients At Her Hospital by sisisioge: 7:54pm On Jul 13, 2019
ElsonMorali:

grin Okay, I still have yours sha. No Tsunami can steal your number from my phone. cheesy

I'll chat you up when I get my WhatsApp working soon sha. Have a beautiful lovely weekend. kiss kiss

You too fa...have a lovely weekend kiss

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: CiSHAN Reacts As Rivers Nurse Talks About HIV Patients At Her Hospital by famzynet: 8:08pm On Jul 13, 2019
grossintel:
It's illegal to discribe what HIV patients look like to start with, as a licensed medical practitioner you swore to keep the identity of your patients confidential and never to disclose this to anyone. Identity doesn't have to be a just a name, but when you discribe how a person looks like you also give out their identity. Not to mention the stigma you leave behind, HIV community are not to be messed with, they know their rights.

You have said it all. The nurse messed up big time and she proved she lacked professionalism. She ought to be used as example to others.. If she tries such abroad,her licence is as good as forgotten.

1 Like

Re: CiSHAN Reacts As Rivers Nurse Talks About HIV Patients At Her Hospital by famzynet: 8:14pm On Jul 13, 2019
Debaiz:

I thought I was the only one who didn’t see any name on the post she made.

I don’t know when it became a crime to talk about you work experience.

Unfortunately they’ll destroy the poor lady’s life and make her loose her job cos the stupid hospital too will definitely stand logic on its head and sack her without proper reasoning. To make things worse she won’t have anyone to fight for her.
As a nurse ,she swore an oath to show no discrimination or prejudice in her practice. Her statement was clearly discriminating against people living with HIV. How do you think someone with such comments will attend to such patients. She proved she is not mentally qualified to be a nurse. Any other person can make such statement and go free. Unfortunately, a nurse or doctor cannot.She should thank her stars she is in a country where issues are taken for granted. Try this in Europe,the HIV community will sue her that she will hope she never went to school.
Re: CiSHAN Reacts As Rivers Nurse Talks About HIV Patients At Her Hospital by mikkywebs(m): 9:08pm On Jul 13, 2019
Wetin man no go see o!
Re: CiSHAN Reacts As Rivers Nurse Talks About HIV Patients At Her Hospital by D1zion: 9:30pm On Jul 13, 2019
virgoquin:

Have you seen the so called arrogant nurse come out to say her account was hacked.. the answer is no

And here you are making silly excuses for her and even have the mouth to insult the authorities that will bring her to justice and use her as a scapegoat for others to learn their lessons.

Mtcheeeeeeeeew
no mind the idiot. Even if they will hack it is to hack & write about peoples status & not any other thing.
Re: CiSHAN Reacts As Rivers Nurse Talks About HIV Patients At Her Hospital by Vainglory: 9:39pm On Jul 13, 2019
What I don't understand in all this is why they want to keep the identities of HIV carriers secret. Is this it not better every body knows the carriers to reduce spreading of the virus.
Re: CiSHAN Reacts As Rivers Nurse Talks About HIV Patients At Her Hospital by Yong4ever: 11:06pm On Jul 13, 2019
SultanOfAbia:
NURSING IS NOT MEANT FOR EVERY GIRL

SOME GIRLS LIKE THIS SHOULD FIND A CAREER IN

ROASTING CORN ON THE ROADSIDE,

THERE SHE CAN GOSSIP ALL NIGHT LONG
Obviously not a qualified nurse but an auxiliary nurse.
Re: CiSHAN Reacts As Rivers Nurse Talks About HIV Patients At Her Hospital by 9jaRealist: 6:42am On Jul 14, 2019
Johnkay01:
I don't see anything wrong in the message she passed across.

She didn't mention a single name rather she said some of the HIV victims secretly come to take their drugs which means they don't want people to know them.

By not engaging in their programs means they may be spreading the virus. Their interest is to just take drugs and go without people noticing them.

In fact, those giving out the drugs in such manner should be cautioned.

#spread_the_news_not_the_virus

The ignorance in the highlighted above aside...
She breached their RIGHT to confidentiality (just as with any medical patient) by posting their pictures online as HIV patients.

SHE DESERVES EVERY PENALTY COMING HER WAY...
Which should begin with the immediate suspension of her license.
>
Re: CiSHAN Reacts As Rivers Nurse Talks About HIV Patients At Her Hospital by 9jaRealist: 6:45am On Jul 14, 2019
Yong4ever:
Obviously not a qualified nurse but an auxiliary nurse.

She's not even fit for auxiliary nursing...
>
Re: CiSHAN Reacts As Rivers Nurse Talks About HIV Patients At Her Hospital by 9jaRealist: 6:50am On Jul 14, 2019
Vainglory:
What I don't understand in all this is why they want to keep the identities of HIV carriers secret. Is this it not better every body knows the carriers to reduce spreading of the virus.

EVERY medical patient has a RIGHT to keep her medical condition/information SECRET and CONFIDENTIAL, unless she chooses otherwise...
With HIV patients in an unfortunately largely IGNORANT country as Nigeria, stigma/discrimination will discourage people seeking treatment.
>
Re: CiSHAN Reacts As Rivers Nurse Talks About HIV Patients At Her Hospital by Nobody: 9:25am On Jul 14, 2019
Until SARS, Boko haram, herdsmen are investigated and brought to justice, they should leave the so called nurse alone
Re: CiSHAN Reacts As Rivers Nurse Talks About HIV Patients At Her Hospital by Exodora: 7:43pm On Jul 14, 2019
virgoquin:

Have you seen the so called arrogant nurse come out to say her account was hacked.. the answer is no

And here you are making silly excuses for her and even have the mouth to insult the authorities that will bring her to justice and use her as a scapegoat for others to learn their lessons.

Mtcheeeeeeeeew

Which authority are talking about here.
We have authorities that cares so much and yet we are in this mess.
Re: CiSHAN Reacts As Rivers Nurse Talks About HIV Patients At Her Hospital by Nobody: 3:46pm On Jul 15, 2019
potent5:
From the content of her post, I do not think the nurse exposed her patients. Should the busy body regulatory agency try any of the nonsense they threatened to do, I will advise the nurse to sue and protect her rights. Bunkum.
Her post tone is filled with judgmental and discriminatory waves. again, it is against the nursing ethics to discuss your patients in such manners, it is punishable and every hralth professional knows this. It is either her account is comprised because no sane registered nurse would do such. again, nurses are taught health education, that is not how to health educate the public about HIV. Imagine taking ur wife to hospital and someone describes how wide ur wife pucci is to the public. She can never win the case, the evidence is there, she breeched confidentially clause and an oath was sworn when she bacame a nurse, it is binding. anti discriminatory laws for hiv is also there.
so dave ur stress and learn more
Re: CiSHAN Reacts As Rivers Nurse Talks About HIV Patients At Her Hospital by Nobody: 3:47pm On Jul 15, 2019
mmadu5:
though she messed up but her advice was on point i see not reason for this investigation , they should rather channel it to investigating and finding out the cure for HIV
she did alot of wrong. that was no how she was trained in school.
Re: CiSHAN Reacts As Rivers Nurse Talks About HIV Patients At Her Hospital by Nobody: 3:49pm On Jul 15, 2019
Debaiz:

I thought I was the only one who didn’t see any name on the post she made.

I don’t know when it became a crime to talk about you work experience.

Unfortunately they’ll destroy the poor lady’s life and make her loose her job cos the stupid hospital too will definitely stand logic on its head and sack her without proper reasoning. To make things worse she won’t have anyone to fight for her.
u must not talk about ur patients to d public. that is part of the things taught in nursing schools for 3 or 5years. if indeed, she did that, she would be in jail and her license seized. i pray her account was hacked. no sane nurse would do that

cc:
martineverest asuustrike1 ellagabs
MobilityExpress
FreelanceRebel
AdemolaA2
9jaRealist
Re: CiSHAN Reacts As Rivers Nurse Talks About HIV Patients At Her Hospital by Nobody: 3:53pm On Jul 15, 2019
Funkybabee:
sorry to say the most stupid profession in Nigeria with arrogance, uncultured, senseless, proudness and heartless are Nigeria nurse.

I pray May God lift me up to talk abt this someday
not everyone on white is a registered nurse please. quacks give us bad name

1 Like

Re: CiSHAN Reacts As Rivers Nurse Talks About HIV Patients At Her Hospital by Nobody: 4:01pm On Jul 15, 2019
Vainglory:
there are millions of them. your jobs is not to know who carries it, ur jobs is to abstain, use protection and get tested regularly. it is a crime to disclose people's health conditions except in case of ethical consideration. You are wrong, the right things is what they did. go for their drugs. the people that pose risks are people who are not on drugs but positive. if u use ur drugs well, after like 6months, u cant infect others, that is why we have one of couple negative and other posive, yet they give birth to negative children while the patner is negative. stop discrimination, you can ne jailed for it, it is a law. get education instead. Nurse Cambri
Re: CiSHAN Reacts As Rivers Nurse Talks About HIV Patients At Her Hospital by Nobody: 4:04pm On Jul 15, 2019
camobri:

Her post tone is filled with judgmental and discriminatory waves. again, it is against the nursing ethics to discuss your patients in such manners, it is punishable and every hralth professional knows this. It is either her account is comprised because no sane registered nurse would do such. again, nurses are taught health education, that is not how to health educate the public about HIV. Imagine taking ur wife to hospital and someone describes how wide ur wife pucci is to the public. She can never win the case, the evidence is there, she breeched confidentially clause and an oath was sworn when she bacame a nurse, it is binding. anti discriminatory laws for hiv is also there.
so dave ur stress and learn more
cc: asuustrike1 ellagabs

MobilityExpress

FreelanceRebel

AdemolaA2

9jaRealist
cc:
Re: CiSHAN Reacts As Rivers Nurse Talks About HIV Patients At Her Hospital by Nobody: 4:04pm On Jul 15, 2019
camobri:

there are millions of them. your jobs is not to know who carries it, ur jobs is to abstain, use protection and get tested regularly. it is a crime to disclose people's health conditions except in case of ethical consideration. You are wrong, the right things is what they did. go for their drugs. the people that pose risks are people who are not on drugs but positive. if u use ur drugs well, after like 6months, u cant infect others, that is why we have one of couple negative and other posive, yet they give birth to negative children while the patner is negative. stop discrimination, you can ne jailed for it, it is a law. get education instead. Nurse Cambri

MobilityExpress

FreelanceRebel

AdemolaA2

9jaRealist
cc:
Re: CiSHAN Reacts As Rivers Nurse Talks About HIV Patients At Her Hospital by mmadu5(m): 4:11pm On Jul 15, 2019
[quote author=camobri post=80292416]
she did alot of wrong. that was no how she was trained in school. [/quo

There is no wrong there unless you have hiv do you have hiv ,
Re: CiSHAN Reacts As Rivers Nurse Talks About HIV Patients At Her Hospital by Nobody: 4:38pm On Jul 15, 2019
camobri:

MobilityExpress

FreelanceRebel

AdemolaA2

9jaRealist
cc:
Ok
Re: CiSHAN Reacts As Rivers Nurse Talks About HIV Patients At Her Hospital by Nobody: 4:41pm On Jul 15, 2019
eni4real:
"Merely looking at them, they are healthy and have fresh look. You will not even know that they are HIV positive. I attended to them and give them their drugs. I just want to advise people to be careful of who they have sex with. Because some unknowingly may want to have unprotected sex with this ones, not knowing that they are HIV positive" Bla bla. That is a paraphrase tho!!!

Her statements does not reveal any identity but it revealed the identity of the hospital, displaying their mindset about HIV patients(That is to say they don't practice what they Preach viz No stigmatization). , Also it reeks of unprofessionalism to say such confidential things on the social Media. Social media is not your office. Health Workers should try to keep calm by sieving what they post online. Because any break of ethics can make them lose their licenses!!!
I have to agree with you on this one
Re: CiSHAN Reacts As Rivers Nurse Talks About HIV Patients At Her Hospital by Nobody: 4:45pm On Jul 15, 2019
ElsonMorali:

Oh and by the way if you're half as smart as you think you're, you'll see that there's a picture or pictures below the words that was cut off.
Those who allegedly said the nurse posted the patient name,do they have prove?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Lagos Cosmetic Surgery Doctor Sends Strong Message To Critics / Lassa: 4,400 Rats Killed In 6 Markets In Lagos / Urgent Yoruba Name For Bonni And Cloves

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 65
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.