Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,011 members, 7,810,802 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 03:47 PM

Rivers State Nurse Talks About Her HIV Patients, Nigerians Call For Her Sack - Health - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Rivers State Nurse Talks About Her HIV Patients, Nigerians Call For Her Sack (39793 Views)

Zimbabwean Man Discovers His Wife Has Been Hiding Her HIV Status / Are HIV Patients So Eager To Infect Others? / My Girlfriend After Checking Her HIV Status Told Me This (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Rivers State Nurse Talks About Her HIV Patients, Nigerians Call For Her Sack by Gistformant: 10:28am On Jul 12, 2019
Nurse exposes the identities of HIV patients at her hospital in Rivers State, dares her employer to sack her as she blasts those who made Facebook delete the post.

See more here; http://gistmore.com/nurse-exposes-the-identities-of-hiv-patients-at-her-hospital-in-rivers-state

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Rivers State Nurse Talks About Her HIV Patients, Nigerians Call For Her Sack by Gistformant: 10:29am On Jul 12, 2019

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Rivers State Nurse Talks About Her HIV Patients, Nigerians Call For Her Sack by danny56: 11:12am On Jul 12, 2019
This is a crime o anty Nurse... Stop this your madness embarassed

7 Likes

Re: Rivers State Nurse Talks About Her HIV Patients, Nigerians Call For Her Sack by Nobody: 12:01pm On Jul 12, 2019
What she did is technically wrong. But in a place like Nigeria where the government is yet to criminalise deliberate transmission of HIV, I think I can agree with the point she's trying to make.

Most people quietly start receiving treatment once they learn of their HIV+ status, but at the same time they struggle to infect as many other people as they can as a form of 'revenge'. Some even neglect to tell their future spouses who eventually contract the virus from them and die in ignorance (the 'slapping senator' Ishaku is a case in point.

147 Likes 11 Shares

Re: Rivers State Nurse Talks About Her HIV Patients, Nigerians Call For Her Sack by donaldking10: 12:01pm On Jul 12, 2019
misleading headline.

9 Likes

Re: Rivers State Nurse Talks About Her HIV Patients, Nigerians Call For Her Sack by Asquare84(m): 12:52pm On Jul 12, 2019
WHAT HAS SHE DONE WRONG HERE NOW

159 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Rivers State Nurse Talks About Her HIV Patients, Nigerians Call For Her Sack by crackhouse(m): 2:06pm On Jul 12, 2019
She didn't mention or described anybody

76 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Rivers State Nurse Talks About Her HIV Patients, Nigerians Call For Her Sack by SultanOfAbia: 7:32pm On Jul 12, 2019
I'm Still Searching for the list of the so called patients....

134 Likes 9 Shares

Re: Rivers State Nurse Talks About Her HIV Patients, Nigerians Call For Her Sack by MrBONE2(m): 7:33pm On Jul 12, 2019
crackhouse:
She didn't mention or described anybody
Asquare84:
WHAT HAS SHE DONE WRONG HERE NOW
I wonder ooo

80 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Rivers State Nurse Talks About Her HIV Patients, Nigerians Call For Her Sack by FactBoyz: 7:33pm On Jul 12, 2019
hmm
Re: Rivers State Nurse Talks About Her HIV Patients, Nigerians Call For Her Sack by falopey: 7:33pm On Jul 12, 2019
Did she reveal anyone’s identity. I see nothing wrong in her post

53 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Rivers State Nurse Talks About Her HIV Patients, Nigerians Call For Her Sack by olassybaba: 7:33pm On Jul 12, 2019
Did she expose anybody's identity, people just mumu , she was just tryna pass a message to be careful

36 Likes

Re: Rivers State Nurse Talks About Her HIV Patients, Nigerians Call For Her Sack by Nobody: 7:34pm On Jul 12, 2019
Team raw

1 Like

Re: Rivers State Nurse Talks About Her HIV Patients, Nigerians Call For Her Sack by imitateMe(m): 7:35pm On Jul 12, 2019
I like her. She said the truth and didn't expose anyone in the process. As for me, I'm not going to any hospital for an HIV test; I'd rather wait for the symptoms o grin

29 Likes 1 Share

Re: Rivers State Nurse Talks About Her HIV Patients, Nigerians Call For Her Sack by charliejose: 7:35pm On Jul 12, 2019
GidiWoodsMan:
What she did is technically wrong. But in a place like Nigeria where the government is yet to criminalise deliberate transmission of HIV, I think I can agree with the point she's trying to make.

Most people quietly start receiving treatment once they learn of their HIV+ status, but at the same time they struggle to infect as many other people as they can as a form of 'revenge'. Some even neglect to tell their future spouses who eventually contract the virus from them and die in ignorance (the 'slapping senator' Ishaku is a case in point.
Verbose, yet reeks of ignorance. HIV positive patients that are steadily
on Anti-retroviral therapy can't transmit the virus because of their undetectable viral load. The real people spreading the virus are the lots of you that don't know your HIV status, talk more of starting treatment. So, this mistake of a nurse should have channelled her energy to sensitizing people to go for a test not stigmatizing innocent people that go for treatment because they care about their lives and that of others.

54 Likes 1 Share

Re: Rivers State Nurse Talks About Her HIV Patients, Nigerians Call For Her Sack by yungest(m): 7:35pm On Jul 12, 2019
Just imagine, what did she say wrong there?...no identity was exposed, no name was said, no single trace and y'all are shouting as if it's a lie she said..... mtcheeeww, if u like don't listen are advice, another nurse will use u for FB post......

16 Likes

Re: Rivers State Nurse Talks About Her HIV Patients, Nigerians Call For Her Sack by KidsNEXTdoor: 7:36pm On Jul 12, 2019
Where are the pictures

You will find out they are all zombies that voted Buhari

1 Like

Re: Rivers State Nurse Talks About Her HIV Patients, Nigerians Call For Her Sack by martineverest(m): 7:36pm On Jul 12, 2019
she didn't commit any offence

I really pity this generation....they only read headlines and avoid the main content..I saw this news on instablog9ja this morning.about 99 percent of those that commented only read the headlines without reading the content of the lady's post...she was actually advising the public on STDs

13 Likes

Re: Rivers State Nurse Talks About Her HIV Patients, Nigerians Call For Her Sack by DWJOBScom(m): 7:36pm On Jul 12, 2019
No name called!
Just a call to be careful.
Very careful

10 Likes

Re: Rivers State Nurse Talks About Her HIV Patients, Nigerians Call For Her Sack by winkmart: 7:36pm On Jul 12, 2019
What has she done wrong?

5 Likes

Re: Rivers State Nurse Talks About Her HIV Patients, Nigerians Call For Her Sack by gbadexy(m): 7:36pm On Jul 12, 2019
And to think that reading comprehension is important to pass english language.
The nurse didn't reveal any identity or her place of work but others most likely followed the first responder with a herd mentality.

15 Likes

Re: Rivers State Nurse Talks About Her HIV Patients, Nigerians Call For Her Sack by Ooye12: 7:36pm On Jul 12, 2019
She was just trying to give advice to people’s....

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Rivers State Nurse Talks About Her HIV Patients, Nigerians Call For Her Sack by emeijeh(m): 7:36pm On Jul 12, 2019
#istandwithnurselillian grin

5 Likes

Re: Rivers State Nurse Talks About Her HIV Patients, Nigerians Call For Her Sack by Kentuforchrist(m): 7:37pm On Jul 12, 2019
The reactant should go and sack her now

8 Likes

Re: Rivers State Nurse Talks About Her HIV Patients, Nigerians Call For Her Sack by KanuSE: 7:37pm On Jul 12, 2019
Fire the useless and unprofessional nurse jor!

There are many of them all over Nigeria who shouldn't be in the nursing profession. Zero duty of care, no compassion but professionals at shouting at patients.

Some nurses are dirtier than upper iweka.
Re: Rivers State Nurse Talks About Her HIV Patients, Nigerians Call For Her Sack by Ubdavis(m): 7:37pm On Jul 12, 2019
What is it that we don't knw here, must she amplify it. Demeaning!!!
Re: Rivers State Nurse Talks About Her HIV Patients, Nigerians Call For Her Sack by materialproject: 7:37pm On Jul 12, 2019
grin
Re: Rivers State Nurse Talks About Her HIV Patients, Nigerians Call For Her Sack by antagonist: 7:37pm On Jul 12, 2019
half gist

she actually posted a picture of the people in the hospital

3 Likes

Re: Rivers State Nurse Talks About Her HIV Patients, Nigerians Call For Her Sack by davillian(m): 7:37pm On Jul 12, 2019
From what I saw up there she dint expose anyone.
Just an advice ( aids no de show for face) if you no fit hold body use condom.

1 Like

Re: Rivers State Nurse Talks About Her HIV Patients, Nigerians Call For Her Sack by Lilimax(f): 7:37pm On Jul 12, 2019
Alarmist everywhere!. She's just advising people!

3 Likes

Re: Rivers State Nurse Talks About Her HIV Patients, Nigerians Call For Her Sack by KidsNEXTdoor: 7:38pm On Jul 12, 2019
danny56:
This is a crime o anty Nurse... Stop this your madness embarassed

If these people are known and exposed in the society..

The rate of transmission will automatically declining ..

They do this for revenge

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Rivers State Nurse Talks About Her HIV Patients, Nigerians Call For Her Sack by GOFRONT(m): 7:38pm On Jul 12, 2019
shocked

SLAPPING SENATOR COMES TO MIND.....
Slapping sextoy Senator Elisha Abbo tried all he could to Conceal his Hiv positive status after infecting and killing his wife with the Deadly Virus...

BUT the spirit of Sister Uche Eucharia continued to haunt Him until he foolishly took himself to a sextoy shop where he was finally caught and embarrassed in Abuja.....Then his Hiv status was dug out and it came Positive.....

Abeg make no Hiv positive person quote me to ask me How what i type up there take relate to the topic....

Continue to Rip Uche Eucharia

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

5 Food Combinations That May Affect Your Health / Help: How Do I Stop Oily Face Or Control It? (picture) / Video Of Nwoko Eric, The Driver Who Donated His Kidney To His Boss' Brother

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.