Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,161,553 members, 7,847,303 topics. Date: Saturday, 01 June 2024 at 02:59 PM

Throwback Photos Of Professor Wole Soyinka As He Celebrates His 85th Birthday - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Throwback Photos Of Professor Wole Soyinka As He Celebrates His 85th Birthday (40461 Views)

Olusegun Obasanjo Celebrates His 85th Birthday With Novelty Match (Video, Photo) / Dapo Abiodun Decorates Soyinka As Amotekun Super Marshall / Igbinedion’s 85th Birthday: Obasanjo Arrived In A Gold Rolls Royce (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Throwback Photos Of Professor Wole Soyinka As He Celebrates His 85th Birthday by dododawa1: 10:09am On Jul 13, 2019
Infinityk:
The only Nobel laureate from nigeria
ipob has second best.
Re: Throwback Photos Of Professor Wole Soyinka As He Celebrates His 85th Birthday by livebyday(m): 10:09am On Jul 13, 2019
okerekeikpo:
85 years old afonja we no know the seat wey em pay for inside plane, an elder disgracing himself

Inciting comment, off topic and derailing thread

Mynd44 Seun lalasticlala OAM4J

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Throwback Photos Of Professor Wole Soyinka As He Celebrates His 85th Birthday by livebyday(m): 10:10am On Jul 13, 2019
ALCOHOLKILLS:
i am so scared of growing old, i wish i can be forever young angry sad

Fear not

It creeps and comes quietly

Eat right stay healthy use your mind positively and you will enjoy it

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Throwback Photos Of Professor Wole Soyinka As He Celebrates His 85th Birthday by calculator123(m): 10:11am On Jul 13, 2019
Legend
Re: Throwback Photos Of Professor Wole Soyinka As He Celebrates His 85th Birthday by Bianda24: 10:13am On Jul 13, 2019
Happy birthday Prof
Re: Throwback Photos Of Professor Wole Soyinka As He Celebrates His 85th Birthday by kings11ng(m): 10:17am On Jul 13, 2019
Bolaji299:
CBT.... Yoha
u mean Captain blood - ahoy
Re: Throwback Photos Of Professor Wole Soyinka As He Celebrates His 85th Birthday by Bolaji299(m): 10:21am On Jul 13, 2019
kings11ng:

u mean Captain blood - ahoy
IYKYK
Re: Throwback Photos Of Professor Wole Soyinka As He Celebrates His 85th Birthday by Balkan(m): 10:27am On Jul 13, 2019
CBT. Awah to Ya
Sally 4 ever.
You shipwrecked in paradise
Re: Throwback Photos Of Professor Wole Soyinka As He Celebrates His 85th Birthday by pascal101: 10:32am On Jul 13, 2019
happy birthday prof
Re: Throwback Photos Of Professor Wole Soyinka As He Celebrates His 85th Birthday by sahm4u2nv(m): 10:34am On Jul 13, 2019
He shared birthdate with my Granny, same day, same month, same year

Happy 85th birthday to you both

May God continue to strengthen you
GODSPEEED

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Throwback Photos Of Professor Wole Soyinka As He Celebrates His 85th Birthday by SaintLucia: 10:34am On Jul 13, 2019
ALCOHOLKILLS:
You can continue to come back as ABIKU.

1 Like

Re: Throwback Photos Of Professor Wole Soyinka As He Celebrates His 85th Birthday by Graduateacher(f): 10:35am On Jul 13, 2019
The stages of life. If you like use yours to sleep around, you will be feeble and worn out by the time you're 60 grin
Re: Throwback Photos Of Professor Wole Soyinka As He Celebrates His 85th Birthday by Nobody: 10:35am On Jul 13, 2019
AmiciLord:
That was then. The most rugged cultists and criminally minded children these day are kids of lecturers, teachers and well educated parents.

seems you read or heard a wrong info about pyrate. He even ban them on campus after started and were a bit violent.
Re: Throwback Photos Of Professor Wole Soyinka As He Celebrates His 85th Birthday by ShenTeh(m): 10:41am On Jul 13, 2019
Happy birthday Prof. You are (one of) Africa's biggest intellectual export(s)

We are proud of you.
Re: Throwback Photos Of Professor Wole Soyinka As He Celebrates His 85th Birthday by Nobody: 10:45am On Jul 13, 2019
StoneLucifer:
Wole Soyinka was never good academically as a young dude. Even as a student in U.I he only managed to be average. His brain sparked up while doing his post graduate outside Nigeria when he realised his potentials. It is never too late for anybody to discover himself and manifest his talent.

This is a false account. He has been academically sound from cradle. He started school at the age of 2. Even as a secondary school student, he was famed for writing series of letters challenging the strict disciplinary act of the authorities of Government College Ibadan, his school.

The Nobel Prize only accentuated his legendary status and global recognition, he was never average!

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Throwback Photos Of Professor Wole Soyinka As He Celebrates His 85th Birthday by Burgerlomo: 11:07am On Jul 13, 2019
HBD sir, I wish you more long life and good health cool
Re: Throwback Photos Of Professor Wole Soyinka As He Celebrates His 85th Birthday by lordimmaogidi(m): 11:16am On Jul 13, 2019
Ahoy CaptBlood Of Tortuga... HBD Pally.
Re: Throwback Photos Of Professor Wole Soyinka As He Celebrates His 85th Birthday by akdjr(m): 11:30am On Jul 13, 2019
Happy birthday sir. I don't know why people still wish someone at 85 many more years.
Re: Throwback Photos Of Professor Wole Soyinka As He Celebrates His 85th Birthday by Floryangel8: 11:47am On Jul 13, 2019
Happy birthday to alujanu eniyan
Re: Throwback Photos Of Professor Wole Soyinka As He Celebrates His 85th Birthday by temi1526: 12:03pm On Jul 13, 2019
Happy FOB CBT.
Re: Throwback Photos Of Professor Wole Soyinka As He Celebrates His 85th Birthday by EkunKekere: 12:04pm On Jul 13, 2019
Kindly keep your ignorance to yourself nex time.

bugidon:
He is a cultist grin

1 Like

Re: Throwback Photos Of Professor Wole Soyinka As He Celebrates His 85th Birthday by EkunKekere: 12:06pm On Jul 13, 2019
Don't mind the idiot. Nigerians and their half baked, nonsensical theories.

sixtyeight:

This is a false account. He has been academically sound from cradle. He started school at the age of 2. Even as a secondary school student, he was famed for writing series of letters challenging the strict disciplinary act of the authorities of Government College Ibadan, his school.

The Nobel Prize only accentuated his legendary status and global recognition, he was never average!

1 Like

Re: Throwback Photos Of Professor Wole Soyinka As He Celebrates His 85th Birthday by nasoeb: 12:13pm On Jul 13, 2019
Kiki77:
Talk about being a Living Legend, Professor Wole Soyinka is fully qualified to be called Legend. Not the idiots who love the title without brain
Sorry abeg no vex na who you dey talk
Re: Throwback Photos Of Professor Wole Soyinka As He Celebrates His 85th Birthday by Nobody: 12:24pm On Jul 13, 2019
ALCOHOLKILLS:

lol...then u may need to travel to the Moon because of time dilation.
Re: Throwback Photos Of Professor Wole Soyinka As He Celebrates His 85th Birthday by Ijawwomaninoyo: 12:25pm On Jul 13, 2019
patorial:

Don't remind him of his past nah

There's no past anywhere! When he started the Pyrates, it was like an action group which later became Students' Union. They were spokespersons for the students. They weren't holding meetings at midnights nor into killings.
People later turned it into something else.
Was Kegite not a palm wine drinking and gyrating club for students to recreate then? Is Kegite still an ordinary club?
Was NURTW an Agbero and money extorting Union when formed? Were Sunny Ade, Victor Nwaifo etc not musicians as youths, were they into what musicians are into now that make people term them nuisances?
People refer to actresses as prostitutes because of what they have turned acting into, can you blame Oga Bello, Jide Kosoko, Sadiq Daba or Liz Benson for that?

1 Like

Re: Throwback Photos Of Professor Wole Soyinka As He Celebrates His 85th Birthday by ibkayee(f): 12:33pm On Jul 13, 2019
Happy Birthday sir

He looks great
Re: Throwback Photos Of Professor Wole Soyinka As He Celebrates His 85th Birthday by Olujoe1(m): 12:42pm On Jul 13, 2019
ALCOHOLKILLS:
surely u can but in your head. grin grin grin
Re: Throwback Photos Of Professor Wole Soyinka As He Celebrates His 85th Birthday by Mujtahida: 12:54pm On Jul 13, 2019
StoneLucifer:
Wole Soyinka was never good academically as a young dude. Even as a student in U.I he only managed to be average. His brain sparked up while doing his post graduate outside Nigeria when he realised his potentials. It is never too late for anybody to discover himself and manifest his talent.
False narrative that WS wasn't good academically as a young dude. Are you aware that as far back as when he was at Government college Ibadan he won the prize for an essay competition?
Re: Throwback Photos Of Professor Wole Soyinka As He Celebrates His 85th Birthday by Iamdrahj(m): 12:56pm On Jul 13, 2019
wolesmile:
I always suspect this icon's hair. He must be using it for "ISOYE"
Abi why Cap'n B refuse cut hair since he dey young man?
henb ?

1 Like

Re: Throwback Photos Of Professor Wole Soyinka As He Celebrates His 85th Birthday by OkpaNsukkaisBae(m): 12:59pm On Jul 13, 2019
Happy birthday Sir... Many more fruitful years ahead
Re: Throwback Photos Of Professor Wole Soyinka As He Celebrates His 85th Birthday by Iamdrahj(m): 1:00pm On Jul 13, 2019
temi1526:
Happy FOB CBT.
no anchor me your mb reisse an atos

1 Like

Re: Throwback Photos Of Professor Wole Soyinka As He Celebrates His 85th Birthday by Nobody: 1:05pm On Jul 13, 2019
bugidon:
He is a cultist grin
I'd like to be a cultist like him

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Portable: I was Once Paid To Insult Tinubu, Now I Was Paid To Praise Him / Buhari Apologies To Nigerians Over Fuel Scarcity, Pump Price To Remain At N87 / Governor Rauf Aregbesola's Road Network In Osun (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.