Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,241 members, 7,860,541 topics. Date: Friday, 14 June 2024 at 12:21 PM

AFCON 2019: Who Are Your Top 3 Super Eagles Players So Far? - Sports (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / AFCON 2019: Who Are Your Top 3 Super Eagles Players So Far? (16830 Views)

AFCON 2019: Who Faces Who In Round Of 16? / Seychelles Vs Nigeria: AFCON 2019 Qualifier - 0 - 3 (Full Time) / Cameroon's Douala Stadium Artificial Grassfield For AFCON 2019 Stolen (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: AFCON 2019: Who Are Your Top 3 Super Eagles Players So Far? by jayson87: 11:58am On Jul 15, 2019
IWOBI was the best man in the super eagles squad... all reasonable attack we had and enjoyed all through the competition came from him

3 Likes

Re: AFCON 2019: Who Are Your Top 3 Super Eagles Players So Far? by DarlingEmojist(m): 12:11pm On Jul 15, 2019
Musa Chukwueze Igalo
Worse players Iwobi Ekong Chukwuemeka

1 Like

Re: AFCON 2019: Who Are Your Top 3 Super Eagles Players So Far? by henrygold100: 12:15pm On Jul 15, 2019
Justice96:
C. Awaziem that guy is a beast
Ndidi, Omeruo
I don't understand, the way u guys are calling awaziem, the guy that was flopping anyhow. Mcheew
Re: AFCON 2019: Who Are Your Top 3 Super Eagles Players So Far? by greenguy: 12:16pm On Jul 15, 2019
Awaziem, Chukwueze, Musa
Re: AFCON 2019: Who Are Your Top 3 Super Eagles Players So Far? by henrygold100: 12:18pm On Jul 15, 2019
UnusualJhay:
Awaziem! !!!!
that can not trap ball
Re: AFCON 2019: Who Are Your Top 3 Super Eagles Players So Far? by ceeceeco: 12:26pm On Jul 15, 2019
My best 4 are: Etebo, Ndidi, Awaziem, Chukwueze. My better 5 are: Iwobi, Musa, Ighalo, Aina, Omeruo. Worst 2: Akpeyi, Troost-Ekong.

1 Like

Re: AFCON 2019: Who Are Your Top 3 Super Eagles Players So Far? by Femeto: 12:34pm On Jul 15, 2019
Best 3: Awaziem,Ola Aina and Collins. Worst 3: Akpeiyi,Ekong and Musa(As the captain he has no influence on the pitch and can't coordinate the team)

1 Like

Re: AFCON 2019: Who Are Your Top 3 Super Eagles Players So Far? by Femeto: 12:35pm On Jul 15, 2019
SmartyPants:

You sir, are a reasonable man. I know many Nigerians do not understand football and hate Ighalo, whereas he has been the key player for us this tournament.
But he disappeared in the last two games.
Re: AFCON 2019: Who Are Your Top 3 Super Eagles Players So Far? by SmartyPants(m): 12:42pm On Jul 15, 2019
Femeto:
But he disappeared in the last two games.

That is normal and to be expected, as without an effective number 10, a striker like Ighalo will not have much to work with. He does his best and his best has been of immense importance to us in this tournament.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: AFCON 2019: Who Are Your Top 3 Super Eagles Players So Far? by Trippledee(m): 12:53pm On Jul 15, 2019
1. Chukwueze

2. Musa

3. Chukwueze
Re: AFCON 2019: Who Are Your Top 3 Super Eagles Players So Far? by Femeto: 1:03pm On Jul 15, 2019
SmartyPants:

That is normal and to be expected, as without an effective number 10, a striker like Ighalo will not have much to work with. He does his best and his best has been of immense importance to us in this tournament.
Na Chinese product na why him no fit last.
Re: AFCON 2019: Who Are Your Top 3 Super Eagles Players So Far? by eitsei(m): 1:05pm On Jul 15, 2019
Musa assisted against Cameroon with a ball that bounced off his chest
hotswagg12:
1.Ndidi just like @arsenaholic rightly stated.
2. Alex iwobi for his energetic display and always going to the flanks to cover up for chukwuze whenever he doesn't cover up for awaziem on time.
3. Etebo for his work ethics and great partnership with Ndidi in the heart of the midfield.

Notable mention : chukwuze though he wasn't a regular but a great revelation for super eagles.
Ola Aina, Awaziem and Ighalo for is doggedness.

FLOPs: Musa, not a single assist and always running with the ball with no end product.
Balogun, for ball watching and lack of positioning.
Akpeyi, shouldn't be in the team in the first place.

Conclusion: Though Gernot Rohr made a few mistakes but we shouldn't take away the fact that he is a good tactician. We can clearly see how he was able to absorb the rampaging and attacking flow of The SA boys and the ruggedness and physical play of the Cameroonian team. The Algerian team was clearly better than the super eagles team and they have a leader who his playing at the highest level like Mahrez which our team clearly lacks.
Re: AFCON 2019: Who Are Your Top 3 Super Eagles Players So Far? by joshmee4real(m): 1:06pm On Jul 15, 2019
I must give Kudos to our right full back Awaziem. He has really proved himself in the absence of Shehu Abdulahi
Re: AFCON 2019: Who Are Your Top 3 Super Eagles Players So Far? by joshmee4real(m): 1:09pm On Jul 15, 2019
henrygold100:
I don't understand, the way u guys are calling awaziem, the guy that was flopping anyhow. Mcheew
Which of the Awaziem are you talking about?
Re: AFCON 2019: Who Are Your Top 3 Super Eagles Players So Far? by chuksmad(m): 1:12pm On Jul 15, 2019
Iwobi
Iwobi
Iwobi

1 Like

Re: AFCON 2019: Who Are Your Top 3 Super Eagles Players So Far? by obinna58(m): 1:17pm On Jul 15, 2019
Rating from my top to the list, I can't help but name the four most important players in afcon, Rohr should be sacked ASAP

1. Ndidi, this guy is the heart of super eagle, so strong in our middle and what amazes me more is his interceptions, always running, struggling and making sure the opponent doesn't utilize the chances.

2. Chukwueze, Rohr underrated this young telent, denying him chances in our most important matches even when he is equal to the task, this guy is so dangerous when he holds the ball, he attacks, makes an important pass, apart from his poor finishing dude is an excellent player.

3. Iwobi, yes sometimes he plays like he doesn't deserve any chance in eagles team, but fact shows has it that he's just amazing sometimes with the ball, he attacks and creates lot of chances which usually get wasted by the dull guy upfront.

4. Aweziem, He came in from bench to show how good he is, he deserves a top club, he doesn't get passed easily, shows how solid and energetic he is, makes proper use of the ball, much better than Shehu. He's even good with crosses.

Worst so far

4. Akpeyi, lacks the qualities of a good goal keeper in fact he's the reason we were sent out, lacks positioning and does shows much concern when ball is coming close to 18box. Man city dude used him to their advantage.

3, Omeruo, he doesn't make good use of his strength and solidarity, too slow and poor reasoning, that why Messi surpassed him and punish us in the world Cup. He just need an improvement.

2.Etebo, not clinical, makes a lot of wrong unnecessary tackles, poor passes, he's just an amateur, championship material, spits

1. Ighalo, the worst player in super eagle, he could have scored upto 7goals but his proudness, selfishness and bossy attitude couldn't let him, can't even make good traps, a very boring and un entertaining player, spits again

Obviously Rohr has been compromised and need to sacked

2 Likes

Re: AFCON 2019: Who Are Your Top 3 Super Eagles Players So Far? by OlaDavid2012: 1:17pm On Jul 15, 2019
Kenneth Omeruo
Etebo Oghenkaro
Wildred Ndidi
Re: AFCON 2019: Who Are Your Top 3 Super Eagles Players So Far? by Jh0wsef(m): 1:18pm On Jul 15, 2019
SmartyPants:

He played only 2 full games how can he be in the top three? Nigerians like to behave in some type of way i don't understand.

Ndidi
Omeruo
Ighalo

Those are the guys that have made the difference. The defense without Omeruo would have leaked big time. The midfield without Ndidi would have had less control, and with Ighalo we would have gone home since the group stages.

lol. Ighalo, reallyy?
Re: AFCON 2019: Who Are Your Top 3 Super Eagles Players So Far? by SmartyPants(m): 1:25pm On Jul 15, 2019
Jh0wsef:

lol. Ighalo, reallyy?

It takes playing up to a certain level of football to understand somethings better i guess. But even at that, its obvious...the man is likely to pick up the Golden Boot for this tournament yet you and many others refuse to rate him among our top three. I have never seen something like that before.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: AFCON 2019: Who Are Your Top 3 Super Eagles Players So Far? by chizzyreal: 1:25pm On Jul 15, 2019
itchie:
Akpeyi
Akpeyi
Akpeyi

He's not as bad as people criticize him! I like his pullouts
Re: AFCON 2019: Who Are Your Top 3 Super Eagles Players So Far? by Deepfeel(m): 1:43pm On Jul 15, 2019
Ighalo chukwueze and Iwobi, as far as this afcon tournament is concerned

3 Likes

Re: AFCON 2019: Who Are Your Top 3 Super Eagles Players So Far? by yoged(m): 1:52pm On Jul 15, 2019
Chukwueze, awaziem,, etebo. It's funny how people isn't talking about Amaziem. That guy was our best defender thru out this tournament
Re: AFCON 2019: Who Are Your Top 3 Super Eagles Players So Far? by Starboytwo(m): 2:04pm On Jul 15, 2019
Etebo
Ndidi
Awaziem

1 Like

Re: AFCON 2019: Who Are Your Top 3 Super Eagles Players So Far? by Arsenalholic(m): 2:12pm On Jul 15, 2019
Kalaba:

good analysis, but I think Ndidi's foul wasn't careless, in fact, that was the best thing to do and thank God he used his experience to do it before the guy gets into the box. Tho the free kick was converted, he offered the team a life line which the keeper failed to help out.
I have said it before, and will keep saying it, FRANCIS UZOHO remains the only confident hand the super eagles have for now. I believe the coach have another reason for not allowing him to play and not because he is not good.
Thank you for pointing this out. Genot Rorh made a big mistake allowing Akpeyi to mind our goal in this tournament.
Re: AFCON 2019: Who Are Your Top 3 Super Eagles Players So Far? by Arsenalholic(m): 2:15pm On Jul 15, 2019
SmartyPants:

It takes playing up to a certain level of football to understand somethings better i guess. But even at that, its obvious...the man is likely to pick up the Golden Boot for this tournament yet you and many others refuse to rate him among our top three. I have never seen something like that before.

Plenty Nigerian fans are not enlightened when it comes to analysing football. Many European countries will be dancing in elation if they had a top 9 like Ighalo.

Only few Nigerians appreciate him.

Only recently, we had the likes of Brown Ideye, Obinna Nsofor and others leading our attack. They complained.

We have someone who is prolific leading the line now, they are still complainjng. They will come to realize their follies soon.
Re: AFCON 2019: Who Are Your Top 3 Super Eagles Players So Far? by dododawa1: 3:15pm On Jul 15, 2019
Buhari, tinubu and IPOB

1 Like

Re: AFCON 2019: Who Are Your Top 3 Super Eagles Players So Far? by dododawa1: 3:17pm On Jul 15, 2019
AFONJA,IPOB and HERDSMEN.
Re: AFCON 2019: Who Are Your Top 3 Super Eagles Players So Far? by sirconfidence1(m): 3:18pm On Jul 15, 2019
Ndidi
Etebo
Chukwueze

1 Like

Re: AFCON 2019: Who Are Your Top 3 Super Eagles Players So Far? by naijajobx: 3:19pm On Jul 15, 2019
None
Re: AFCON 2019: Who Are Your Top 3 Super Eagles Players So Far? by SmartyPants(m): 3:25pm On Jul 15, 2019
Arsenalholic:
Plenty Nigerian fans are not enlightened when it comes to analysing football. Many European countries will be dancing in elation if they had a top 9 like Ighalo.

Only few Nigerians appreciate him.

Only recently, we had the likes of Brown Ideye, Obinna Nsofor and others leading our attack. They complained.

We have someone who is prolific leading the line now, they are still complainjng. They will come to realize their follies soon.

It really pains me sometimes @ the bolded.
Re: AFCON 2019: Who Are Your Top 3 Super Eagles Players So Far? by djoe21(m): 3:36pm On Jul 15, 2019
Jh0wsef:
It's been an exciting tournament so far.. unfortunately, we lost to Tunisia

but who are your top 3 rated players so far?? As for me.. It's

1. Ahmed Musa
2. Chukwueze
3. Wilfred Ndidi

What's yours?

smiley

Which Musa? The one that should have gone off instead of Chukwueze yesterday? undecided

1. Ndidi
2. Chukwueze
3. Anwaziem
Re: AFCON 2019: Who Are Your Top 3 Super Eagles Players So Far? by Nobody: 5:06pm On Jul 15, 2019
MrFlavvor:
Awaziem, etebo and chukwueze

Seconded. Awaziem is just too good.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Tuchel Names Chelsea’s Squad To Face Everton At Stamford Bridge / Stake 100 Naira And Win 575,000 Naira For FREE On Tips180 / Mikel Obi: "I Am Now Matured To Lead The Super Eagles"

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.