Stats: 3,151,607 members, 7,812,996 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 02:26 AM

Mikel Obi: "I Am Now Matured To Lead The Super Eagles" - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Mikel Obi: "I Am Now Matured To Lead The Super Eagles" (16771 Views)

Mikel Obi: 'I Have Beaten Messi At Club Level, I Hope To Do It Again Today’ / Olga Diyachenko, Mikel Obi's Russian Wife Reacts To Super Eagles' Loss / "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup (2) (3) (4)

Mikel Obi: "I Am Now Matured To Lead The Super Eagles" by Ipisi(m): 12:35am On Oct 08, 2016
Mikel Obi ahead of Sunday World Cup Qualifying match against Zambia: I am now matured to lead the Super Eagles

Ahead of the all important Russia 2018 World Cup qualifying Group B match away at Zambia, Super Eagles of Nigeria captain John Mikel Obi has said he is now matured to lead the team.
“Sometimes when you are young, you make mistakes but the more you grow up, the more you know the things that are more important.
“I think that I am beginning to know where I come from and that is more important than anything.
“I have more responsibility now to lead the country and the team; I think that is what I am doing right now because I enjoy every bit of it,” he said.
The Chelsea midfielder said that the Eagles would use the opportunity of the World Cup qualifying matches to make up for not qualifying for the Africa Cup of Nations (AFCON) for two consecutive times.

Nigeria has won six of 16 previous matches (None of the 16 previous clashes was a World Cup qualifying match) with Zambia, drawing five and losing five. Nigeria defeated Zambia 5-4 on penalties to win a memorable Africa Cup of Nations final in Tunis in 1994. Zambia walloped Nigeria 5-1 in the first –ever encounter, a 1974 Africa Cup of Nations qualifying match in Lusaka on July 15, 1973. Nigeria’s 3-2 win in the return leg in Lagos two weeks later was of no effect.

However, the Zambians have not beaten the Eagles in a competitive match in the past 31 years while Nigerian on the other hand have never beaten Zambians on their home soil.

http://get9jasports..com.ng/2016/10/mikel-obi-i-am-now-matured-to-lead.html

Re: Mikel Obi: "I Am Now Matured To Lead The Super Eagles" by Miriam19(f): 1:05am On Oct 08, 2016
My Crush

Love you kiss

Re: Mikel Obi: "I Am Now Matured To Lead The Super Eagles" by freesinzu(m): 3:59am On Oct 08, 2016
Bench warmer

Re: Mikel Obi: "I Am Now Matured To Lead The Super Eagles" by ifenadi(m): 6:39am On Oct 08, 2016
Ipisi:

Nigeria defeated Zambia 5-4 on penalties to win a memorable Africa Cup of Nations final in Tunis in 1994.

In 1994, Nigeria beat Zambia 2 -1 in 90 minutes

17 Likes

Re: Mikel Obi: "I Am Now Matured To Lead The Super Eagles" by WavesDontDie: 8:46am On Oct 08, 2016
What kind of joke is this? Even Fabregas has uprooted you from your usual bench...Someone toss the armband to a goalie it something.

Re: Mikel Obi: "I Am Now Matured To Lead The Super Eagles" by orimsamsam(m): 8:47am On Oct 08, 2016
Mikel obi. I just love dis guy. Very humble and gentle

17 Likes 1 Share

Re: Mikel Obi: "I Am Now Matured To Lead The Super Eagles" by clefstone(m): 8:48am On Oct 08, 2016
Mikel is not a leader, he doesn't even have a place in Chelsea reserve

Re: Mikel Obi: "I Am Now Matured To Lead The Super Eagles" by Sylvarresta(m): 8:48am On Oct 08, 2016
Miriam19:
My Crush

Love you kiss
after +2 u beta 4gt abt him and make me ur new crush, I'm a better footballer

19 Likes 1 Share

Re: Mikel Obi: "I Am Now Matured To Lead The Super Eagles" by Turks: 8:48am On Oct 08, 2016
LooooL...Why a joker

Re: Mikel Obi: "I Am Now Matured To Lead The Super Eagles" by babs01(m): 8:48am On Oct 08, 2016
Oh see ursef! U ar matured to lead the eagle buh u ar nt mature to lead Chelsea after spending 10 years with dem even dos who met u there had been given captain handband in a match u involved If ur oyinbo oga cannot trust u we too can't . With u as a captain i see Nigeria goin nowhere.

Re: Mikel Obi: "I Am Now Matured To Lead The Super Eagles" by IMASTEX: 8:48am On Oct 08, 2016
Truly! Well, good development for been sincere. Which this character can be replicated in the political circle.
Re: Mikel Obi: "I Am Now Matured To Lead The Super Eagles" by XVIER(m): 8:49am On Oct 08, 2016
grin things you say when you start inhaling petrol gum.

Re: Mikel Obi: "I Am Now Matured To Lead The Super Eagles" by babs01(m): 8:49am On Oct 08, 2016
Miriam19:
My Crush

Love you kiss
Re: Mikel Obi: "I Am Now Matured To Lead The Super Eagles" by Nobody: 8:49am On Oct 08, 2016
Retire and stop disgracing yourself. You can't even make Chelsea bench and U're yearning dust about leading super Eagles. Mumu guy

Re: Mikel Obi: "I Am Now Matured To Lead The Super Eagles" by EternalBeing: 8:49am On Oct 08, 2016
Ok.
Re: Mikel Obi: "I Am Now Matured To Lead The Super Eagles" by CR77(f): 8:50am On Oct 08, 2016
Miriam19:
My Crush

Love you kiss

Re: Mikel Obi: "I Am Now Matured To Lead The Super Eagles" by babs01(m): 8:50am On Oct 08, 2016
XVIER:
grin things you say when you start inhaling petrol gum.
Re: Mikel Obi: "I Am Now Matured To Lead The Super Eagles" by kuldude29(m): 8:50am On Oct 08, 2016
Obi is now a man

Re: Mikel Obi: "I Am Now Matured To Lead The Super Eagles" by nerodenero: 8:51am On Oct 08, 2016
Lies.

AFCON 1994 Finals: Nigeria 2-1 Zambia
Nigeria defeated Zambia 5-4 on penalties to win a memorable Africa Cup of Nations final in Tunis in 1994

Re: Mikel Obi: "I Am Now Matured To Lead The Super Eagles" by Nobody: 8:51am On Oct 08, 2016
Why are you just telling us now?, Which means you have been the problem of previous super eagles coaches and teams. You were immature SINCE and you never told anybody. You kept on leading as an impostor.
Mikel you see your life?

Re: Mikel Obi: "I Am Now Matured To Lead The Super Eagles" by 49cents(m): 8:52am On Oct 08, 2016
Was it not the same Mikel we were begging to come play f Nigeria?

Now chelsea no send am e con dey for patriot!

Re: Mikel Obi: "I Am Now Matured To Lead The Super Eagles" by Pavore9: 8:52am On Oct 08, 2016
“Sometimes when you are young, you make mistakes but the more you grow up, the more you know the things that are more important".........Age and fatherhood has really changed his perspectives.

18 Likes 1 Share

Re: Mikel Obi: "I Am Now Matured To Lead The Super Eagles" by NwaEzefuNaMba(m): 8:52am On Oct 08, 2016
Miriam19:
My Crush

Love you kiss

Candy crush?

Continue crushing....
Re: Mikel Obi: "I Am Now Matured To Lead The Super Eagles" by bettercreature(m): 8:52am On Oct 08, 2016
patriotic9jaboy:
Retire and stop disgracing yourself. You can't even make Chelsea bench and U're yearning dust about leading super Eagles. Mumu guy
My thought exactly,we can never win anything as long as Mikel is still in that team.

Re: Mikel Obi: "I Am Now Matured To Lead The Super Eagles" by Nobody: 8:53am On Oct 08, 2016
Obi dede carry go

Re: Mikel Obi: "I Am Now Matured To Lead The Super Eagles" by Officialkenshin(m): 8:53am On Oct 08, 2016
Lwkmd o. This failed footballer. Abeg go and sitdown so you were not matured before abi when you were playing nonsense. Werey

Re: Mikel Obi: "I Am Now Matured To Lead The Super Eagles" by chinex276(m): 8:54am On Oct 08, 2016
mikel son of obi.... i heard he quit club football to focus on his international kariyah

Re: Mikel Obi: "I Am Now Matured To Lead The Super Eagles" by Achorise: 8:54am On Oct 08, 2016
Having a baby mama doesn't guarantee maturity.
Re: Mikel Obi: "I Am Now Matured To Lead The Super Eagles" by Pavore9: 8:55am On Oct 08, 2016
smithsydny:
Obi dede carry go

You whey be "bros" dey call Obi "Dede"! cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy
Re: Mikel Obi: "I Am Now Matured To Lead The Super Eagles" by yinkard4me(m): 8:55am On Oct 08, 2016
Yh sure... He has really UP his game for the super eagles. He shd jst leave chelsea already... Teams like liverpool, everton wud see him play to his potential week in, week out

Re: Mikel Obi: "I Am Now Matured To Lead The Super Eagles" by oxygen004: 8:55am On Oct 08, 2016
Mikel..... Is a good man with a good heart...... Carry on EAGLEs... With d rights of IHEANACHO and IWOBI, BALOGUN and EFFOUNG,

Football Club Signs-up Messi’s 2-Weeks-Old Baby / Final Draw For Russia 2018 World Cup Dec. 1, 2017, Kazan Arena Stadum Moscow. / France(0) Vs Nigeria(1) On Tuesday 2nd June