Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,081 members, 7,849,387 topics. Date: Monday, 03 June 2024 at 08:07 PM

Huawei In Preparation To Lay Off Hundreds Of US Workers (photos) - Foreign Affairs (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / Huawei In Preparation To Lay Off Hundreds Of US Workers (photos) (25463 Views)

Biden Salutes US Workers Making Anti Tank Missiles Being Sent To Ukraine / Thousands of Afghans flee hundreds of miles across desert to escape Taliban(Pix) / Hundreds Of Thousands Flee US Coast Ahead Of Hurricane Laura (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Huawei In Preparation To Lay Off Hundreds Of US Workers (photos) by urahara(m): 9:27am On Jul 16, 2019
budaatum:

Where did China's foreign capital come from?

Why did foreigners decide to put their capital in China?

Chinas foreign capital from countries like Hong Kong, Taiwan , south Korea , u.s.a and a host of others.

Foreigners decided to put their capital in China because of cheap costs of labor.

It turns out that when a country is poor , it can use it's poverty to an advantage.
Re: Huawei In Preparation To Lay Off Hundreds Of US Workers (photos) by udemzyudex(m): 11:29am On Jul 16, 2019
Temple1288:
Chinese economic growth slumped to the lowest in 27yrs.

Who says tariffs don't work? Yes they do!

USA is not your mate!! You get me

And some will say other Asian countries will support China, I laugh in Chinese.

If only they know how these guys are waiting to capitalise on this.

Take Samsung for example, they have the A20, A50 etc at a reasonable price for such spec, same thing Huawei did for their Y series.

This is coming after the ban of Google products, they quickly capitalise on it and i can tell you that people are going for it.
Especially those who have always wanted to own a Samsung device but couldn't cos of the price.
Re: Huawei In Preparation To Lay Off Hundreds Of US Workers (photos) by udemzyudex(m): 11:33am On Jul 16, 2019
MobilityExpress:
I thought some people said Huawei will take over the mobile industry grin. Outside of Asia, most especially China, Huawei in regards to smartphones will fold up faster than Motorola flip phones grin. If not for Google android, who for dey buy Huawei phones outside China? Mtshewwwww

Well they might not but their sales will drop, they are still working on their own operating system, I read it is faster than android and ios but android and ios is widely known and used by a lot of people.

Starting to create apps or recruit developers to make similar apps, use Google product etc will slow them down.
Re: Huawei In Preparation To Lay Off Hundreds Of US Workers (photos) by udemzyudex(m): 11:37am On Jul 16, 2019
MobilityExpress:

Of course it hurt China more, like 80% to 20%, because the American population is less than 400 milllion, but China population is above 1.4 billion, many of whom rely on foreign investment and foreign trade to survive. And American owes them a lot of money, over 1 trillion dollars, of which if China messes.up, America won't pay them.again and there's nothing they can do grin Where China sense end, na der America sense begin grin

That's why Trump is trying to balance the trade, America is owing them a lot of money but Chinese is closing their economy on other countries.

That's selfishness.
Re: Huawei In Preparation To Lay Off Hundreds Of US Workers (photos) by udemzyudex(m): 11:51am On Jul 16, 2019
bendike:

The average nigerians attitude to work is poor. Sorry to say.

You're crazy for posting this trash. angry

How many factories have you been to, even with poor working conditions and you're here posting trash.
Re: Huawei In Preparation To Lay Off Hundreds Of US Workers (photos) by bendike: 12:10pm On Jul 16, 2019
udemzyudex:

You're crazy for posting this trash. angry

How many factories have you been to, even with poor working conditions and you're here posting trash.
I am not crazy and have a right to my opinion as ane that has once worked as an employee, and one that has provided and currently providing employment.
Re: Huawei In Preparation To Lay Off Hundreds Of US Workers (photos) by budaatum: 12:25pm On Jul 16, 2019
urahara:

Chinas foreign capital from countries like Hong Kong, Taiwan , south Korea , u.s.a and a host of others.

Foreigners decided to put their capital in China because of cheap costs of labor.

It turns out that when a country is poor , it can use it's poverty to an advantage.
Nigeria is poor. Why aren't we using our poverty to our advantage?

Foreign capital went to China because the returns from investing in China are high. China has very highly skilled cheap labour, and that's the attraction and China's advantage.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Huawei In Preparation To Lay Off Hundreds Of US Workers (photos) by udemzyudex(m): 1:09pm On Jul 16, 2019
bendike:

I am not crazy and have a right to my opinion as ane that has once worked as an employee, and one that has provided and currently providing employment.

Well like you said it's your opinion.
Re: Huawei In Preparation To Lay Off Hundreds Of US Workers (photos) by grandstar(m): 2:25pm On Jul 16, 2019
budaatum:

Nigeria is poor. Why aren't we using our poverty to our advantage

Foreign capital went to China because the returns from investing in China are high. China has very highly skilled cheap labour, and that's the attraction and China's advantage.

If cheap labour was everything, Bangladesh would look like Japan.

Cheap labour alone can not bring the accelerated economic growth the country needs.

If I was the government, I would apply economic shock therapy. This will be in the form of deregulating the prices of electricity, fuel, air travel and ending all other forms of price control. All prices will be fixed by the market. This will cause initial pain but the benefit will be massively improved infrastructure and also massive local and international investments.

Next, cut company tax to no more than 15%.This will attract lots of investment, both local and foreign.

Liberalise trade further by bringing down the high tariff walls and outright ban on goods.

End the Naira substitution policy which will end the excess money problem which will in turn lead to low inflation and will lead to commercial lending rates crashing to single digit figures. Single digit lending rates will completely transform the Nigerian economy.

8 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Huawei In Preparation To Lay Off Hundreds Of US Workers (photos) by Timi1990(m): 4:51pm On Jul 16, 2019
grandstar:

Cheap labour alone can not bring the accelerated economic growth the country needs.

If I was the government, I would apply economic shock therapy. This will be in the form of deregulating the prices of electricity, fuel, air travel and ending all other forms of price control. All prices will be fixed by the market. This will cause initial pain but the benefit will be massively improved infrastructure and also massive local and international investments.

Next, cut company tax to no more than 15%.This will attract lots of investment, both local and foreign.

Liberalise trade further by bringing down the high tariff walls and outright ban on goods.

End the Naira substitution policy which will end the excess money problem which will in turn lead to low inflation and will lead to commercial lending rates crashing to single digit figures. Single digit lending rates will completely transform the Nigerian economy.

Labour is even cheaper in India and Nigeria why are multinational corporations not coming here . Government have an important role to play in every economy; let’s not all be biased, the Chinese government deserve big kudos.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Huawei In Preparation To Lay Off Hundreds Of US Workers (photos) by budaatum: 5:04pm On Jul 16, 2019
grandstar:

Cheap labour isn't everything. Highly skilled cheap labour makes an awful lot of difference. What good is labour that struggles with 2+2 or the sad work ethic amongst us Nigerians?

I agree with your deregulations. Prices are far too cheap for decent returns on investment, and higher prices will bring in new investment which will drive down costs and price in the long run. I'd add something on education too. Our curriculums need to be evolved into the 21st century! And I'll strengthen bankruptcy laws. A company that can't service it's debt should go bankrupt, and that includes government agencies and individuals. We need to slaughter some sacred cows so more can eat more meat.

OAM4J, unantispambot me in the religious section and reinstate my post please!

OkCornel, spambot got me. Thanks for saving that post.

5 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Huawei In Preparation To Lay Off Hundreds Of US Workers (photos) by ultimatekint(m): 9:53am On Jul 20, 2019
bendike:

Y9 is the highest bro.
But mine 76900 when it just came out wanna upgrade to y9 prime sef.
Bros enjoy your phone as you are in safe hands.
No shaking grin
God bless you. Thank you.
Re: Huawei In Preparation To Lay Off Hundreds Of US Workers (photos) by Slygreat(m): 5:44pm On Aug 04, 2019
@Sloye5 please send me your email

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Nigeria Urges Israel & Palestine To See Reason & De-Escalate / Brazilian Ex-President, Lula, Surrenders To Police, Begins 12-year Jail Term / U.S. Warns Yahya Jammeh: ‘handover To Avoid Consequences’

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.