Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,039 members, 7,818,079 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 07:13 AM

Presidential Poll: Tribunal Overrules Buhari, INEC, Admits Video Evidence Presid - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Presidential Poll: Tribunal Overrules Buhari, INEC, Admits Video Evidence Presid (22373 Views)

Court Overrules Tinubu And APC, Consolidates Atiku And Obi’s Petitions / INEC Admits Hitches, Says Lessons Have Been Learnt / INEC Admits Error In Vote Collation In Osun Election (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Presidential Poll: Tribunal Overrules Buhari, INEC, Admits Video Evidence Presid by engineerboat(m): 4:05pm On Jul 15, 2019
The Justice Mohammed Garba-led five-member panel tribunal admitted the 48 Video Compact Disc, VCDs, into evidence, after it dismissed objections that were raised by President Buhari, the All Progressives Congress, APC, and the Independent National Electoral Commission, INEC, who are respondents to the petition that was lodged by the Peoples Democratic Party, PDP, and its candidate, Atiku Abubakar Justice Garba held that all the parties had agreed during the pre-hearing stage of the petition to only indicate their objection to any evidence sought to be tendered, and reserve their reasons for the written address.

The tribunal held that all the parties were bound by the agreement and could not renege or deliberately deviate from any of the terms.

Justice Garba noted that in the pre-hearing agreement, no particular or specific document was excluded from being tendered from the Bar.

“The document now tendered from the Bar is clearly within the terms of agreement adopted by parties”.

Consequently, the tribunal admitted the video evidence and marked them as exhibits P-36 to P-83.

It also admitted Certificate of Compliance with respect to the videos as exhibit P-37.

The respondents had opposed the admissibility of the exhibts they said was not frontloaded by the petitioners. They contended that the exhibits were in breach of Paragraph 4(6c) and 41(2) of the 1st Schedule to the Electoral Act.

Meanwhile, the petitioners, through their lawyer, Chief Chris Uche, SAN, applied for the videos to be played. A big screen was earlier mounted inside the court to enable the Justices to watch the videos.

Read more at: https://www.vanguardngr.com/2019/07/presidential-poll-tribunal-overrules-buhari-inec-admits-video-evidence/

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Presidential Poll: Tribunal Overrules Buhari, INEC, Admits Video Evidence Presid by FearGodinall: 4:25pm On Jul 15, 2019
Why Inec is on the same page with apc,is inec an institution in Nigeria confered with the sole responsibility to conduct credible,free and fair election or an extension of apc.

58 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Presidential Poll: Tribunal Overrules Buhari, INEC, Admits Video Evidence Presid by garfield1: 4:29pm On Jul 15, 2019
FearGodinall:
Why Inec is on the same page with apc,is inec an institution in Nigeria confered with the sole responsibility to conduct credible,free and fair election or an extension of apc.
Stop being senseless.inec is part of the defendants or respondents like apc and buhari.atiku also sued them.why am i even answering you

45 Likes 9 Shares

Re: Presidential Poll: Tribunal Overrules Buhari, INEC, Admits Video Evidence Presid by freemanbubble: 7:02pm On Jul 15, 2019
Okay
Re: Presidential Poll: Tribunal Overrules Buhari, INEC, Admits Video Evidence Presid by after4: 7:02pm On Jul 15, 2019
Make judge con see how dem take do their hooliganism.
At least make the whole world see wetin Mr. Integrity do take win election

4 Likes

Re: Presidential Poll: Tribunal Overrules Buhari, INEC, Admits Video Evidence Presid by leofab(f): 7:03pm On Jul 15, 2019
Ridiculous

1 Like

Re: Presidential Poll: Tribunal Overrules Buhari, INEC, Admits Video Evidence Presid by spafu(m): 7:03pm On Jul 15, 2019
Atiku is coming.

7 Likes

Re: Presidential Poll: Tribunal Overrules Buhari, INEC, Admits Video Evidence Presid by countryfive: 7:03pm On Jul 15, 2019
Atiku is coming

5 Likes

Re: Presidential Poll: Tribunal Overrules Buhari, INEC, Admits Video Evidence Presid by olaolulazio(m): 7:04pm On Jul 15, 2019
Atiku d comedian

4 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Presidential Poll: Tribunal Overrules Buhari, INEC, Admits Video Evidence Presid by Houseofglam7(f): 7:04pm On Jul 15, 2019
I'll just wait for the barbecue dude to come say something about this undecided

1 Like

Re: Presidential Poll: Tribunal Overrules Buhari, INEC, Admits Video Evidence Presid by kponkedenge(m): 7:04pm On Jul 15, 2019
If not that our Supreme Court is firmly in Buhari's pocket, an independent Court will overrule Buhari's victory in less than a week.

25 Likes

Re: Presidential Poll: Tribunal Overrules Buhari, INEC, Admits Video Evidence Presid by donprinyo(m): 7:04pm On Jul 15, 2019
Choi, see gbege
Re: Presidential Poll: Tribunal Overrules Buhari, INEC, Admits Video Evidence Presid by obajoey(m): 7:05pm On Jul 15, 2019
The beginning of the end.. Canada ya

3 Likes

Re: Presidential Poll: Tribunal Overrules Buhari, INEC, Admits Video Evidence Presid by Altern8(m): 7:06pm On Jul 15, 2019
garfield1:

Stop being senseless.inec is part of the defendants or respondents like apc and buhari.atiku also sued them.why am i even answering you

Well said!

Some people just argue without thinking. The defendants were clearly listed yet he just had to ask a silly question.

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Presidential Poll: Tribunal Overrules Buhari, INEC, Admits Video Evidence Presid by Cherrybae(f): 7:06pm On Jul 15, 2019
FearGodinall:

Shameless and senseless comment. Igbos really have a low IQ.

I dont see the clips helping Atiku, so no need to worry about.

I wish Atiku all the best of luck.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Presidential Poll: Tribunal Overrules Buhari, INEC, Admits Video Evidence Presid by obembet(f): 7:06pm On Jul 15, 2019
Re: Presidential Poll: Tribunal Overrules Buhari, INEC, Admits Video Evidence Presid by PROFdanmike(m): 7:07pm On Jul 15, 2019
Daaaaaaaaaa
Re: Presidential Poll: Tribunal Overrules Buhari, INEC, Admits Video Evidence Presid by Rebuke: 7:07pm On Jul 15, 2019
Let's see how far this goes too. I will see how this is later twisted and put aside as usual.
Re: Presidential Poll: Tribunal Overrules Buhari, INEC, Admits Video Evidence Presid by zikter(m): 7:07pm On Jul 15, 2019
Atiku good luck to you o. I just feel your efforts will be wasted at last as Buhari will rule till 2023
Re: Presidential Poll: Tribunal Overrules Buhari, INEC, Admits Video Evidence Presid by Nobody: 7:07pm On Jul 15, 2019
Naira land is APC. When ever some thing that can weigh down the apc comes up on nairaland, the mod will reserved it till the altered and twisted version is out before it can bring it on frontpage.

5 Likes

Re: Presidential Poll: Tribunal Overrules Buhari, INEC, Admits Video Evidence Presid by Racoon(m): 7:08pm On Jul 15, 2019
cheesy This is just the beginning.The iberiberism of INEC under the APC govt must be contained.

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Presidential Poll: Tribunal Overrules Buhari, INEC, Admits Video Evidence Presid by Nobody: 7:08pm On Jul 15, 2019
It will be the best thing to ever happen to Nigeria if at the end of all this Atiku is declared the rightful president.

2 Likes

Re: Presidential Poll: Tribunal Overrules Buhari, INEC, Admits Video Evidence Presid by tk4rd: 7:08pm On Jul 15, 2019
GBAGGAMM.!!
This news sweet me wella.

2 Likes

Re: Presidential Poll: Tribunal Overrules Buhari, INEC, Admits Video Evidence Presid by Wiseandtrue(f): 7:09pm On Jul 15, 2019
Cherrybae:

You will not see the clip helping Atiku because the judges have been bribed

In a corrupt free nation, that evidence is enough to halt Buhari's acclaimed presidency

Just eager to see how the judges rigs Buhari out of this one!!!

3 Likes

Re: Presidential Poll: Tribunal Overrules Buhari, INEC, Admits Video Evidence Presid by MANNABBQGRILLS: 7:09pm On Jul 15, 2019
GOD BLESS OUR PRESIDENT MUHAMMADU BUHARI AND HIS AMIABLE VICE PRESIDENT PROF YEMI OSINBAJO

8 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Presidential Poll: Tribunal Overrules Buhari, INEC, Admits Video Evidence Presid by SuperBlack: 7:09pm On Jul 15, 2019
Oilpapi:
What does this mean
It means Atiku is Coming and Buhari is Going

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Presidential Poll: Tribunal Overrules Buhari, INEC, Admits Video Evidence Presid by Bitchiamjay(m): 7:09pm On Jul 15, 2019
Cherrybae:

keep deceiving yourself. E go do all of una like film when them go declare Atiku winner. I just dey laugh all of una wey dey shout " I don't see Atiku winning this". undecided
Re: Presidential Poll: Tribunal Overrules Buhari, INEC, Admits Video Evidence Presid by babadee1(m): 7:09pm On Jul 15, 2019
FearGodinall:

They are both co-respondents in the same lawsuit. PDP sued both INEC and APC together in the same one suit. So I think the question should be directed to them.

2 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (Reply)

Nigerians Should Prepare For The Worst Fuel Scarcity - Petrol Marketers / Hopeless Hope, Chief Thug, Barde Is A Bad Boy: NLC 'knocks' Uzodimma, Imo CP / Malami Speaks On Abia Governorship, Asks Parties To Await Decision Of Courts

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.