Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,175 members, 7,821,982 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 11:27 PM

The Difference Between Withholding Tax And Value Added Tax - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / The Difference Between Withholding Tax And Value Added Tax (1440 Views)

What Are My Chances If I Sue A Bank For Withholding My 2k? / Everything You Need To Know About Value Added Tax (VAT) / EFCC Recovers N27.7b From Six Banks For Withholding Tax (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

The Difference Between Withholding Tax And Value Added Tax by drealbenard(m): 11:01pm On Jul 15, 2019
There is a need to draw attention to the fundamental difference between withholding tax (WHT) and Value Added Tax (VAT) so as to facilitate clear understanding of the mechanics of the tax concepts.
WHT is an advance payment of income tax and the purpose is to bring the prospective taxpayer into the tax-net, thereby widening the income tax base. In other words, the WHT system is aimed at tracking down taxpayers and the incomes which may otherwise not be reported by them.

When the income on which WHT is deducted at source is finally brought to the notice of the tax authority and the appropriate tax computed, due credit is given for the WHT deducted at source on the presentation of the original WHT receipts through the issuance of credit notes. The taxpayer will be required to pay only the balance due after matching the actual tax liability against the credit for the WHT suffered at source. WHT is therefore nothing more than a collection machinery to curb tax evasion. It is a part of the income tax – whether personal or corporate tax.

Read more: http://postrealm..com/2017/12/the-difference-between-withholding-tax.html

(1) (Reply)

All Secrets Information On Importation Business Revealed. / I Need Serious Partners On This Business / Make Money By Watching Videos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.